Oak Hill Hospital Begins $13.7 Mil. Maternity Ward Expansion
BROOKSVILLE – If you’re planning a new addition to the family, Oak Hill Hospital will soon offer maternity services to expectant mothers.
According to Hospital officials, construction of the 13.7 million dollar premier obstetrics project is underway and will be added to the 3rd floor of the new North Tower.
Features of the new OB program include:
A total of 18 suites with 6 Labor and Delivery suites
- Ten Post-Partum Recovery suites
- Two Ante-Partum Labor suites
- A Twelve-positon holding nursery for babies who need special monitoring or continuous observation
- A cesarean surgical suite located in Labor and Delivery in the event a surgical delivery is necessary.
Other features and services:
- Lactation specialist available in this baby-friendly environment.
- Open visitation to support family-centered care.
- Next generation technology with modern state-of-the-art amenities including the latest industry standards for patient monitoring (both mother and baby).
- Board certified specialty nurses and other professional support staff on site 24/7.
- Your baby’s safety is a priority. The unit is secure at all times with a strict admission policy.
- Wireless fetal monitoring for patients who meet the criteria.
The architectural firm that has been chosen to oversee the project is Gould Turner, Group, P.C. of Nashville, TN. The general contractor for the project is Brasfield & Gorrie, also of Nashville, TN.
“Our goal is to provide the highest level of quality care and customer service to ensure the birth of your baby is a treasured memory.” said Chief Operating Officer Sonia Wellman, who is the project’s manager for Oak Hill Hospital.
“Oak Hill Hospital follows a patient and family-centered care philosophy,” said Cindy Poirier, Director of Women’s Servicers. “This means for all healthy births, our goal is to keep mom and baby together as much as possible in those first precious days, so the mother may learn to take care of her baby with the help of a compassionate care team,” she added.
With a robust pediatric program and rapidly growing GYN robotics services, the move to provide maternity services for the community is a natural next step for Oak Hill Hospital, which completed a $52 million expansion project in January 2013. The hospital recently completed a significant renovation project for its first class of Graduate Medical Education residents, and has purchased 40 acres of land for future expansions.
Officials plan to open the wing by April of 2016.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ™2013 – 2015 Real News Real Fast, Inc.