One Confirmed Fatality After Motorcycle and Pickup Truck Collide

UPDATE: 3:45 P.M. – The Florida Highway Patrol has identified the deceased as 80-year-old Alfred Boutin Jr. of Brooksville.

Preliminary reports suggest that 28-year-old Michael King was traveling eastbound on County Line Road in an Ford F-150, approaching Monteverde Drive, when he attempted to make a left turn into the Dunkin Donuts parking lot. As a result, King pulled into the path of Boutin’s Honda Motorcycle, causing fatal injuries to the driver. Boutin was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Charges are pending according to officials.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

SPRING HILL – A two-vehicle crash involving a motorcycle claimed the life of at least one person on County Line Road.

There aren’t many details at this time but according to sources, a three-wheeled motorcycle and pickup truck collided on County Line Road, just east of Mariner Blvd.

One person reportedly suffered fatal injuries as a result of the crash. It is unknown if others were injured.

There is complete road blockage on County Line at this time.

Comments
  • Pete,
    I know Mike King. He says funny stuff like smoke show and loves to drink beer. He works for O’Reilly auto parts as a store manager. Can’t say I ever knew him to go to dunking donuts though. He also likes to go to bar karma in spring hill.

Monday, 14 May 2018, 4:07 pm
  • First of all you stupid it’s Dunkin Donuts and second he wasn’t there to get a coffee and donuts stupid obviously you have no idea what you’re talking about and you should really shut the f****** up

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 1:21 pm
  • You guys don’t know the truck driver . I do. He’s a great guy. Who’s got to live this now. Don’t judge unless you know what’s up. And your rite these guys on sport bikes scare me too. But this man was our for a cruise on his bike. It was a accident. Don’t judge u less you wear his shoes. God please hold both family’s on your arms. This is a tragic situation. Look twice for motorcycles. And save a life. Prayers for the man who lost his life. And his family.

Monday, 5 March 2018, 10:31 pm
  • I didnt see this happen but seen the after math… Cant get the image of my head….. Please if u r a rider be aware of ur surroundings… And if u are in a car or truck please watch for bikes

Monday, 5 March 2018, 9:06 pm
  • I was there sitting at duncon donut and saw the whole the guy in the truck was in a hurry to get a coffee and a donut so he couldnt wait a few mins. Before he turned and ended a life so you had to be there.

Sunday, 4 March 2018, 7:30 pm
  • Condolences to his family and friends. Too sad.

Sunday, 4 March 2018, 7:27 am
  • I know the son of the man who passed….it’s tore him apart finding out about this

Sunday, 4 March 2018, 12:04 am
  • this was very tragic for all involved! The scene was heart breaking..accidents happen.. the man in truck was also devastated…people who witnessed this were also devastated prayers to the mans family and strength for the driver of the truck…RIP..thoughts and prayers…my family saw this as well..spoke to several ppl in the nearby business who were as equally shaken. I really have no words…just sending prayers to all

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 7:15 pm
  • we need stiffer penaltys for these idiots in their cars who dont look out for motercycles and kill the rider let them do life in prison its the same thing as pointing a gun and pulling the trigger as far as im conserned

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 4:14 pm
    • In some cases sure. But there are others when a motorcycle is going 90mph down US 19, you check 2 or even 3 times, but by the time you pull out…BAM there they are.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 6:38 pm
    • I have to disagree with you. ALL drivers should pay more attention on the road. It would probably help if the schools still taught drivers education. But they’d rather waste time and money on some social experiment class.
      This accident is truly a shame. But, probably that’s exactly what it was, an accident. Now, if the truck driver was texting, then I do have real problem with it. But, if for some legitimate reason he didn’t see the victim, then the young man should not do life in prison. That’s a little extreme.
      And, I’ve seen many motorcycle riders that ride VERY recklessly. So many times, they will weave in and out of cars, way too close. I’ve see them drive right up the line between the 2 lanes because they are impatient. Several times, I’ve had to hit the brakes because some motorcycle driver was impatient, weaving, and cutting way too close in front of me.
      So, again, I say ALL drivers need to pay more attention when they drive.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 7:52 pm
    • You were not there so have a little respect for both families

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 8:57 pm
    • This was an accident. Not texting. Simply a tragic accident. I was on 7t today doing 80 and alm9st got sandwhiched not 1 time but twice in a 4 mike strech. People not look8ng over to see if its vlear.
      People need ti be aeare of surroundings.
      Peayers to all involved.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 10:12 pm
    • Most of the time it’s the guys on bikes bobbing and weaving in front of traffic, this is an accident where people lives on both sides have been ruined. I guess are just the perfect citizen that’s never made a mistake!!

Sunday, 4 March 2018, 12:08 am
    • We don’t need stiffer penalties. People need to understand that motorcycles are not build for impact! Riders need to understand that if there is an impact, chances are they will be hurt. Collisions happen, regardless of fault, a car/truck driver will almost always walk away while the motorcycle rider will almost always be hurt or killed. Motorcyclist take this higher risk everyday.

Sunday, 4 March 2018, 4:20 am
  • What a tragedy…prayers for the daughter especially.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 4:00 pm
  • Prayers going up for all involved.My heart breaks for the daughter, GOD bless her and surround her with his love in her grief= now and forever.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 3:37 pm
  • Prayers to all involved..and familys

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 2:46 pm
  • the daughter is devastated she lost her mom 5 months ago …

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 2:17 pm
  • So sorry for the family and friends of these people. Prayers are going out for you and your loved ones. PLEASE, PEOPLE, SLOW DOWN, DRIVE CAUTIOUSLY, REMEMBER ALL LIVES MATTER. THE OTHER PERSON’S LIFE MATTERS AS MUCH AS YOURS TO MANY PEOPLE. May God bless and keep us all.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 2:00 pm
  • What a real shame. I was up on County Line Road last week and the traffic is unreal. The people that are doing the work there don’t care about how they maneuver their equipment and I saw cars almost colliding with the workers. I hope it doesn’t take long to finish that job but knowing how road work takes such a long time to complete, there is no telling. Prayers to the victim and their family.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 1:31 pm
  • RIP…. County line road is a NIGHTMARE , They can’t fix it fast enough, 2 fatalities in less than a month

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 11:44 am
  • I saw it. Hug your family we never know.

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 11:35 am
  • Sending prayers to all involved

Saturday, 3 March 2018, 10:44 am