One Dead After Early Morning Motorcycle Crash, Rear Ended by Pickup Truck

PORT RICHEY (PASCO) – An early morning crash involving a motorcycle claimed the life of a one person and shut down US-19 for several hours.

According to officials, 46-year-old Kristopher Lucas was stopped at a traffic light in the center lane of northbound US-19, when he was struck from behind by a pickup truck, driven by 62-year-old Ramon Spluga. Lucas was ejected onto the roadway and sustained fatal injuries. He was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital where he later died.

Officials say charges are pending.

farrow

Comments
  • I used to work for schmitt. It went downhill when the son took over. He works the crews 13 to 15 hrs a day with no ot. Most of us have families and live check to check and need money and he takes advantage of that. Shame some innocent guy had to suffer cause some nasty s.o.b. that doesn’t care about any one or any thing overworks his employees. Victims family and employees family should both sue. Prayers for the family.

Sunday, 25 September 2016, 11:08 pm
  • There are more traffic crash’s here then in a bumper car arcade.

Thursday, 22 September 2016, 2:43 pm
  • Prayers for this mans family .I didn’t know him personally but I know his girlfriend Laurie may she find comfort in knowing that he loved her .Hopefully he didn’t suffer.My thoughts and prayers are with her and the rest of the family…

Wednesday, 21 September 2016, 3:40 am
  • It’s a tragedy for this young man, WHY CAN’T PPL JUST WATCH WHERE THERE GOING, MY BF IS A BIKER AND SO MANY HAVE DIED ON 19 BECAUSE OF ***** LIKE THE TRUCK DRIVER
    BLESS TO THE YOUNG MAN’S FAMILY
    MAY HE RIDE IN HEAVEN

Tuesday, 20 September 2016, 3:03 pm
  • This is why I sold my MURDERCYCLE. You have to be some kind of Nut to ride a bike on the road around here with all the distracted preoccupied cell phone drivers. Not me

Tuesday, 20 September 2016, 12:39 pm
  • I just got hit in Hudson on 19 & Hudson Ave…..I was lucky….only a fractured leg and road rash….but thankful to be alive and tell my story. Always ride like you are invisible….cagers don’t see you!

Monday, 19 September 2016, 10:17 pm
  • I was very honored to know Kris Lucas he was an awesome person he will be missed RIP Kris.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 10:13 pm
  • viledk you are right on, could not say it any better. I head east now when I ride, 19 is a slaughter house.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 9:16 pm
  • Drove by this this morning. Very sad. The truck driver was driving a Schmitt truck. One cut me off one time and I called to report the driver and never got a callback. Shame on them! Prayers for the victim.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 9:14 pm
  • Another life taken too soon from someone else’s carelessness. If you can’t drive responsibly you shouldn’t be driving at all. Condolences to Kristophers family.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 9:01 pm
  • Very tragic. Prayers for the friends and family at their time of sorrow. Sorry for your loss.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 8:06 pm
  • This is something I always worry about with being on a bike. People need to open their eyes and pay attention!

Monday, 19 September 2016, 6:58 pm
  • So sad… Prayers for everyone involved.. such a tragedy…. Same thing happened to my ex boyfriend and his girlfriend while they were stopped at a red light last year at us 19 and ny. Ave.. I personally will not get on a motorcycle since it’s happened.. people honestly don’t pay attention..

Monday, 19 September 2016, 5:37 pm
  • Very sad, prayers for all involved..

Monday, 19 September 2016, 5:18 pm
  • Rider has a mechanical failure causing him to loop his bike on spring hill drive, comments go nuts basically calling bikers the scourge of the public roadway. Truck rear ends a biker and kills him, thoughts and prayers.

Had a biker not been paying attention and killed someone there would be calls for a public lynching. hypocrites.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 5:01 pm
  • This is always so sad to hear. Much too young to die. I pray he didn’t suffer. Prayers for the family and all involved 🙁

Monday, 19 September 2016, 5:00 pm
  • this is just insane, terrible and awful. cant wait for the friends and family to try to blame the motorcyclist or play some other blame game like hes the best driver in the world this was one simple mistake a tiny oopsie you dont understand yada yada etc etc.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 4:54 pm
  • Prayers And Comfort For The Family

Monday, 19 September 2016, 4:43 pm
  • Prayers to the Family. Same type of accident killed my Dentist a couple of years ago on 19! Never did hear about the outcome of it other than a young girl Texting

Monday, 19 September 2016, 3:26 pm
  • this is ridiculous….. L?K L?K L?K where your going!!!!!!!!! ?????…… prayers to this man’s family ? and friends ??…. prayers to our first responders ????? and medical ? staff….

Monday, 19 September 2016, 2:46 pm
  • Prayers

Monday, 19 September 2016, 2:40 pm
  • Drove past this on the way to work this morning. Prayers for everyone involved.

Monday, 19 September 2016, 2:34 pm