One Person Airlifted to Trauma Center After Two-Vehicle Crash

BROOKSVILLE – At least one person suffered traumatic injuries after a two-vehicle crash occurred on Cortez Blvd near Horse Lake Road.

Westbound traffic is limited to one outside lane at this time. Eastbound traffic remains open.

Bayflite airlifted the patient to a nearby trauma center for treatment. The patient’s condition is unknown at this time.

Comments
  • Does anyone have the latest on her condition. I was at the scene when the accident happed( bystander) . I have been praying for her everyday.

Tuesday, 3 April 2018, 9:27 pm
  • I’m praying for you my girl. You are tough, you will pull through this!

Friday, 30 March 2018, 3:31 pm
  • Praying for you Kaitlin

Friday, 30 March 2018, 12:49 pm
  • Hey Tom, wondering if we have a name here? Its been days now and family has obviously been notified.

Tuesday, 27 March 2018, 6:52 pm
  • Praying for you You are loved by so many Your family needs you !

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 10:29 pm
  • Praying for you sweet child You got this fight You are loved by so many

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 10:27 pm
  • Praying for you honey Show us how to fight you can do this Your family loves and need you

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 10:04 pm
  • The victim is a family member of mine and all we ask is prayers and keep everyone in your thoughts and prayers. She is the mother of three young beautiful girls. Those girls and her husband need their mommy/wife.

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 8:33 pm
    • I haven’t stop praying since I arrived on scene! My entire family has joined together in prayers. And we will continue to pray! I’m keeping faith that she WILL make a full recovery!! I know she will! I’m so sorry for all you family thank you for posting. Glad to know she is still fighting and prayers are being anawered and miracles will happen! Stat strong prayers are flying your family’s way!!

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 9:07 pm
    • Hi Bobby, I’ve been praying for your family and I was wondering how she is doing? I will continue to pray for her after her terrible accident. God Bless you all. 💗

Wednesday, 28 March 2018, 2:24 pm
  • I was there and helping try to save her life. It didn’t look good she wasby breathing and heart was stopped at firaf thank God all us were trained nurses and other medical experts until EMS got there.. it’s apparent she was texting as the phone was in her lap when we got to her and unfortunately for her she was in the wrong but also unfortunate for the other person involved who was tore up afraid he might have killed he women. I tried to console him on entswere able I finally got her out of the car and on the stretcher. It seemed like ebterbity for them to get her from the ambukambuto the chopper while flight nurses worked in her. I stayed on me knees praying she obviously has a little kid as there was a little girl pink car seat in the back seat drivers side also thank God the child was not in the car. I still can’t stop praying that she made it. And praying for everyone who was there to help keep her alive.

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 3:58 pm
    • Sorry spelling is horrible was typing fast. But I’m sure you get the gist.

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 4:00 pm
    • A phone being in her lap DOES NOT mean she was on the phone. She was hit so hard that the phone went flying. Don’t assume because it was in her lap that she was on it. Things do not look good for her. She is in a coma and the family was told she will not come out of it, most likely. Just keep praying for her.

Monday, 26 March 2018, 5:11 pm
    • Please contact me if you can I am the driver of that grey vehicle. My name is Kaitlin Witt on Facebook.

Saturday, 21 July 2018, 1:54 pm
  • Exactly what John said….

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 12:49 am
  • Hope those people involved are ok.. May God be with them and watch out for them!! I wish it would say some names so I’d at least know who they are, if I know them or not but I can still say prayers for them and I’m sure God will know who I’m talking about! God Bless y’all and tons of prayers sent y’all’s way!!

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 12:05 am
  • Hang up and drive people Pay attention to your surroundings and stop speeding never seen so many accidents in my life for an area that’s not that large most of them are avoidable

Friday, 23 March 2018, 8:30 pm
  • Does anyone have an update on the patient’s condition.

Friday, 23 March 2018, 6:31 pm
  • Prayers for all involved

Friday, 23 March 2018, 4:48 pm
  • Prayers for these accident victims!

Here’s my opinion: ( Not knowing how this accident was caused, but in general from driving these roads! ). :::::

Slow the heck down, stop tailgaiting , use your stinking turn signals , stay in you blanking lane, look before you move anywhere and put the damn phones down Hernando County!!!!

Friday, 23 March 2018, 3:32 pm
    • John there are turning Lanes with a median in the middle at Horse Shoe Rd. They are single turn Lanes and cars are constantly trying to Rush across 50 into the small turn Lanes. I have seen multiple accidents there mainly due to careless driving, and impatience..

Friday, 23 March 2018, 6:50 pm
    • Exactly

Friday, 23 March 2018, 8:31 pm
    • 100% agree. Great statement and also stop changing lanes in a intersection .my wife and I have 3 million safe miles and we’re programmed to know what you are going to do before you do it. Unfortunately that’s out the window now because they don’t know or follow the rules.

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 11:54 am
    • John I agree with you 1000% Praying for the family.

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 3:40 pm