Op-Ed: Male Victims of Domestic Violence, What the Industry Doesn’t Want You to Know

Featured Op-Ed: by Michelle Elizabeth

When you hear the phrases “domestic abuse” or “domestic violence,” what images pop into your mind? If you’re like most people, you imagine a woman being beaten to a bruised and bloody pulp by a male partner. Just turn on the Lifetime channel or OWN and you’re likely to see a movie portraying a female as the victim of any number of abuses. While that definitely does happen and is very sad, there’s a segment of society that equates to nearly half of all domestic violence victims, yet their suffering falls between the cracks of compassion and in many cases people assume “they probably got what they deserved.”

The term “male domestic violence victim just doesn’t “compute” with the mainstream media or Hollywood script writers, so in the next two articles I’ll explain exactly what the Domestic Violence “Industry” doesn’t want you to know.

October is Domestic Violence Awareness month, which is perfectly fitting for my series editorials that I hope will shed light on unfair treatment of men, political corruption, and billions of taxpayer dollars wasted on a fraudulent, feminist, man-hating, ideology.

I’ll expose the inequality surrounding male victims, the practically nonexistent services, the propaganda that molds and manipulates society’s perception of domestic violence, and the adverse effects felt by those falsely accused of domestic violence.

We’ll discuss the history of the VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) that was formed in the early nineties by a group of what I can only describe as Femi-Nazis, hell-bent on getting revenge against a “male dominated society.” The politician that facilitated the creation of VAWA is none other than our own Vice President of the United States, then-Senator, Joe Biden. But we’ll dig deeper into the politics of things over the next few weeks.

Finally, we’ll touch on the, oh so fair and balanced, “Lady Justice,” judicial system, that works so well in destroying the lives of not only men, but women and children alike.

Hi, my name is Michelle Elizabeth – I’m a woman – I do not believe the lies.

The views and opinions expressed in this article are the author’s own and may not reflect the views and opinions of RNRF, its employees, sponsors, or affiliates.

dome-vio

Comments
  • I think the idea is that men can take care of themselves. They’re naturally stronger than women. I mean the reason for shelters is that women are weaker members of society and are in need of protection. It’s a physical scientific fact that men are much stronger than women. Stick with the concept of the effects of men being falsely accused.
    To continue with the idea that men need the protection of our government from women actually makes them sound weak and physically helpless, and that’s just not true.
    Sure it happens, but men can put a stop to when it does, women can’t. Don’t decry feminism then in the next breath put men on the same physical playing field as women.

Tuesday, 25 October 2016, 8:03 am
  • Hey thumbs great way of figuring out the whole picture hcso arrest im glad we broke up ruff guy

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 6:54 pm
  • Thank you for sharing this.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 6:51 pm
  • Sometimes in the HCSO arrest reports there are photos of women that abuse their husbands or boyfriends.. Not as often as men abusing women but there are a few.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 3:03 pm
  • She speaks the truth all the credentials I need TRUTH. Were are your credentials for your dummycrat self oh you lie, cheat look down on everyone billy boy.Great article welcome

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 2:40 pm
    • I need more meth

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 4:11 pm
      • Yup

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 6:56 pm
      • Not joshua, Got to be Uncle thumbs or Aunt thumbs, wow, guess they are advertising for meth. What a bunch of stupid bumpkins, Stick to the article stupid people. I for one would like to read her op ed.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 8:08 pm
        • Hey Stupid. Do NOT include me in your drug induced dreams. There is NO way on this God’s Green Earth that I would pretend to be Joshua or anyone else for that matter.

Wednesday, 19 October 2016, 4:58 pm
  • I have never known of a male domestic violence victim, ever in my life. I have only known a few women that were victims. Guess I’m lucky it’s so few. However I see people abusing their children frequently, and in public none the less. I wonder if she’ll cover how domestic violence can hurt generations in any given family? Also, why bring politics into the conversation?

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 2:02 pm
  • Women have worse tantrams then men. I have been chased with a knife,glad I can run fast…. Dodged thrown objects, glad their aim is bad and I can duck…. I have seen too many out of control women amongst friends.
    Makes you almost believe that if you occasionally beat them they will mind their temper.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 10:45 am
    • I have seen some pretty despicable things said on this site, but I am honestly shocked to see this. Disgusting.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 7:51 pm
  • I am also looking forward to your series.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 7:50 am
  • I’m looking forward to your series of articles.

Monday, 17 October 2016, 11:30 pm
  • Thanks for the information. The MSM is extremely corrupt and needs to be exposed by anyone in the know asap!

Monday, 17 October 2016, 10:21 pm
  • What are the authors credentials?

Monday, 17 October 2016, 9:28 pm
    • What credentials does one need for speaking truth?

Conversely, have you noticed that many people with credentials are also liars?

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 3:54 am
    • “Controlling Human Nature has become the primary objective of today’s progressive, millennial society. If you do not agree with left-wing liberal agenda, then you are a misogynistic, homophobic, islamophobic, xenophobe. Try to stand for the Second Amendment and you’re a Redneck, defend Israel, and you hate Muslims, disagree with human influenced climate change and you’re ignorant and want to destroy the world. The same goes with those who oppose the multi-billion dollar domestic violence industry. If you dare speak against it or suggest that men should receive the same services as female victims, then you hate women and are probably an abuser yourself. It’s a no-win situation and I expect to be attacked from every angle over what I reveal in my coming articles.”

Hi Michelle, I look forward to reading your point of view and upcoming articles. I do have to ask though – What do politics or your political affiliation have to do with domestic violence and its impact on both men and women? Your paragraph above seems to put everyone into 2 distinct categories. I would argue that as with most things, this isn’t so black and white. Most people are somewhere in the middle, and for you to make the claims that you do above, you run the risk of allowing your politics to take away from your message, which will drive away readers that do not have the same viewpoint as you.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 12:03 pm
  • Hi, Michelle. Looking forward to your articles also. I’ve witnessed domestic violence against a male before. He was stabbed barely missing his heart & lung. I’m sure you’ll shed light on things I never thought were connected to it.

Monday, 17 October 2016, 8:40 pm
  • Welcome Michelle and I will be looking forward to your articles!

Monday, 17 October 2016, 8:00 pm
    • From her first article it’s very obvious she doesn’t consider science. With her straw-man arguments and other non-sequiturs about the “second amendment”, “liberal agenda” she doesn’t present as someone with a level head about her.

She’s obviously a whackjob with an axe to grind. No one with any understanding of the issues she mentions would describe them that way if they were interested in a serious conversation.

Her goal appears to feed the Sheeple some easy lines they might remember to parrot back instead of accomplishing anything productive.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 1:41 pm
        • Why would someone doing an op-ed on male domestic violence include Global Warming, 2nd amendment rights, Muslims, liberals and Femi-Nazis?

Seems to be an uncanny parallel to the Author and RNRF

I am very suspicious, and make the claim that Michelle Elizabeth is Tom Lemons.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 3:08 pm
          • Tom, do you seriously believe Wingnut will take you up on your offer or just hide behind a computer screen and bitch? I vote for the later.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 4:08 pm
          • You can call me whatever you want, but until you give us all the necessary proof that the author is a real live woman,you are just another Right Wing mouthpiece making unsubstantiated claims… .

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 4:30 pm
          • Omg you are giving me a headache wingnut. I say you will NEVER write an op-ed, or identify yourself. Double dog dare ya, you got the b $$$$ to go with that? We wait with baited breathe .?

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 4:56 pm
          • Once again the NUT took to his WINGS and flew the coop. He/she/it wiil never come out from behind his little computer screen. Just sit there and bitch and bitch. All he/she/it does is make excuses as to why they can’t submit an article.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 6:06 pm
          • Tom – I do think you need more of a variety of opinion on your site… liberal, middle-of-the-road, conservative, and everywhere in between. But I am not sure daring someone to write an op-ed is necessarily the way to go.

If you want to be regarded as a legitimate news source, challenging people who disagree with you to write a piece isn’t ideal, IMO. All it does is put the commenter in an uncomfortable position and rile up those on the site who agree with you, which tends to encourage people to gang up on your target.

Not cool.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 9:31 pm
        • Pointing out that a professional op-ed introduces the author at the beginning of a piece, not weeks later.

As far as an op-ed GAME ON! as soon as your boy Trump wins. Full name and picture,brief background including complete tax returns. (at the beginning of the article, like a professional)

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 7:33 pm
          • I seriously doubt Wingnut knows what a professional op-ed
            is except for a professional complainer with NO facts.to back up their complaints. Come Wingnut write us an article llke Tom has offered of STFU.

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 10:33 pm
          • Waiting for info on op-ed author……..

Wednesday, 19 October 2016, 7:08 am