OPINION: Goodbye Blue, Hello Red, Taking Out the Local Trash

OPINION: by Preston J. Carter

The American people have spoken and despite the corrupt left-wing media, foul mouthed rappers, movie star opinions, political sidestepping (on both sides of the aisle), double talking, hypocritical supporters of “Crooked Hillary,” Donald Trump still prevailed and will take his place in History as our 45th President of the United States.

Now we can rekindle the “Shining light upon the hill” and delete the failures of the previous administration, much like Hillary Clinton did with 33,000 emails.

But enough gloating; what I really want to do is talk about a few of our local politicians and offer my opinion of some of the biggest winners and losers from last night’s election.

WINNERS

Blaise Ingoglia: What can’t this guy do? He won his re-election for State Representative with 62% of the vote. As Chair of the local Republican Party he swept all the local elections, including unseating the only Democrat on the commission. As Chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, he delivered the state’s 29 electoral votes to the Republican nominee Donald Trump, for the first time since 2004 and with no help from Gov. Rick Scott.

Shirley Anderson: She won by the largest margin with 67.93% of the vote. And, oh, by the way, she ran a smooth election with record turnout. Remember those long lines at the polls in 2012 under Annie Williams? They were nowhere to be found.

John Allocco: John, who also serves as the Vice Chairman of the Hernando County Republican Party beat incumbent commissioner Diane Rowden by over 16 percentage points. He did it relying on a message of his background as a small businessman and not being a career politician.

Sheriff Al Nienhuis:  He has two new pro-law enforcement commissioners to work with in John Allocco and Steve Champion. Budget negotiations anyone? Candidates and current commissioners should think twice about picking a fight with a popular sheriff in an election year.

Ana Trinque: The past Chairwoman of the Hernando County Republican Party was one of the local Trump campaign co-chairs. She won “Big League.”

LOSERS

Hernando County Democratic Party:  They again lose every race in spectacular fashion. Not one race was even remotely close. They are so bad and so vastly outnumbered by Republicans in this county, it’s a wonder why Democratic candidates even run anymore.

Jimmy Lodato: He thought that helping the schools pass the half cent sales tax would propel him to a county commission seat in his third attempt, and still lost against an extremely unpopular incumbent.

I think it’s time for Lodato to finally retire as a Democrat – Republican – Independent, or whatever he feels is fitting for his political legacy.

Political Contributors: By fielding Democrat opponents in races they know they can’t win, local donors pour big money into local races only to be wasted on political mailers and TV ads they shouldn’t have to. That money would be better served saying in the community and creating jobs.

Dan DeWitt and the Tampa Bay Times:  The uber-left columnist who loves to take shots at Republicans and their policies will now have to deal with the realization that the vast majority of the county doesn’t agree with him. Nor do they care about what he thinks. He does a much better job kissing the derriere of Hernando County School Superintendent, Lori Romano.

Leonard Sossamon: The embattled county administrator will not have many friends on this county commission, now that his side-kick, Diane Rowden, has been ousted from the Board. The newest commissioners, John Allocco and Steve Champion are both successful business owners and will not have the wool pulled over their eyes.

Hernando is red, Florida is red, the Nation is red, and we have the will of the American people to thank for that.

Goodbye corruption. Hello prosperity.

The views and opinions expressed in this Column are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of RNRF or any of its affiliates.

iages

Comments
  • Many people are suffering from TARD here. LMFAO

Hitlery was trying to steal the election and failed. Ask your self why you think they dragged it all the way until almost 3 in the morning. But she did steal 5 states and I don’t believe that popular vote also since it was loaded with a bunch of dead people and fraudulent votes in the first place. Remove them and Trump would have that also. Don’t believe that, just watch the project Veritas videos for your education and learn how Democrats like to steal elections.

Sunday, 13 November 2016, 12:13 pm
    • Joe, I believe the dead voters and illegals voted for trump. Point one, anyone with a living brain wouldn’t vote for trump. 2nd point, illegals want the wall so they cannot be forced home unless they own a tall ladder

This election was rigged for trump, he even said it was rigged. You can fact check me at moronsbelieveanything.com

Sunday, 13 November 2016, 6:48 pm
  • Thanks Preston for your article. I agree 100%. I have met and worked with some of the winners and could not be prouder of who we elected. Especially when you see the chaos that is going on in other states as regards to law enforcement officers. I think we have some of the fairest and best LEO’S I have ever met. The sheriff’s department is by far one of the best run I have had the pleasure to meet.

Sunday, 13 November 2016, 9:42 am
  • Brill. If you put 100 registered voters in a room and ask them to vote for candidate a or b, the first candidate to 51 wins. The last president that didn’t win the popular vote was W Bush. We all know how well that turned out. This will be worse, although it appears Trump has already taken plans to scrap Obama care off the table. He is loading up his team with swamp dwellers and will next announce he has no plans to build a wall

We have a used car saleslman in charge

Saturday, 12 November 2016, 11:08 am
  • Not all republicans are racist but all racists are republican. I’ve seen first hand from the privileged side of things, it pains me to see how much hate still runs through people’s bloodline. Change your way of thinking before your children inherit the same demons. God bless

Saturday, 12 November 2016, 12:44 am
  • Trump is already breaking campaign promises. Instead of draining the swamp, he is flooding his team with swamp dwellers including Christie, Gullianni, Gingrich and several high paid lobbiest elites from K street.

You have been played by the master of marketing. The same man who has taught or children that it is presidential to grab woman by the pu$$1s, disrespect veterans of war that were captured, question a sitting presidents birthplace, and make fun of the disabled

I hope you are all proud. Look around and remember, more people voted for Hillary than trump. You are a minority.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 3:45 pm
    • Tissue

Friday, 11 November 2016, 6:06 pm
    • STUPID PEOPLE!!!!

HILLARY WON THE POPULAR VOTE!!!!!

TRUMP DOES NOT HAVE A MANDATE…

All the republican people who voted for the republicans in Hernando COunty have nothing
      but a GED degree if they have a degree at all…they’re the DEPLORABLES!!!!

Friday, 11 November 2016, 7:27 pm
      • Do you even remotely understand the “popular” vote? At all? California has a greater population than any state (hillary got the popular vote by less than 200,00 – ) Regardless of your party do you want ONE state to determine the presidency for the other 49? If you are an intelligent person..which I know you are…you do not.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 10:25 pm
        • IDIOT…popular vote includes all of the votes in the USA…not just California.
          Where the hell did you get California out of this????

You need some remedial classes…that I can see…

Saturday, 12 November 2016, 11:05 am
    • Quit your cry baby bull sh*/. He won by the rules that were in place at the time of the election, If you don’t like the rules write your congressman.

Saturday, 12 November 2016, 8:24 am
  • This election cycle highlights the sheer self-serving hypocrisy and duplicity of elected officials everywhere, from the county level all of the way up to the federal level. I was with Trump from the day he announced. However, the majority of career politicians across this nation, including Hernando county and Florida…were not. Remember the illustrious piece by Jason Marshall? Remember how, under Blaise’ ‘leadership’ the local Republican Party trashed Trump in the initial stages of the primary process? Why? Well, two words: Marco Rubio…who, by the way, told the world that he would not attempt to re-capture his Senate seat after losing in the primaries to President-Elect Trump. Hypocrisy. So many more examples of clueless politicians playing CYA. The same politicians who have so isolated themselves from reality, ensconced in Georgetown townhouses and who are chauffeured back and forth to Capitol Hill in limos, voted themselves fat benefits, retirement and insurance packages…who now claim to ‘support Trump’. Pitiful little chameleons. I voted against Gus because he is clueless, isolated and in denial with regards to the state of our schools, as evidenced by statements made at the UCHC debate and elsewhere. I voted against Nicholson for obvious reasons. Yes, I held my nose and voted for Little Marco the hypocrite as well…but only out of a sense of expediency and political pragmatism. Rubio’s stance on amnesty would have brought about the eventual nationwide demographics shift that all Democrats dream of, thereby killing the chances of a Republican candidate ever winning the White House again. Let’s hope he’s seen the light. I don’t think so. I don’t think any of them have. I think they’re counting on the politically inexperienced Trump’s alleged ‘ineptitude’ in politics to be able to quietly continue with their globalist agenda, slipping legislation in through the back door. If they are…they deserve whatever they get, up to and including: the loss of their seats, the destruction of their political aspirations, being stripped of their fat perks and yes, even public humiliation…something that Trump is famous for. The very best thing that all of us that support Trump and his platform can do is PRAY that he makes excellent choices in who he surrounds himself with during the next four years. Those who would stealthily subvert Trump’s agenda, either those under his direct command, or those who rode his coat tails to elected office, like Little Marco did, should be publicly exposed as traitors to the President-Elect whose platforms and agenda swept them into office. They should be impeached and removed. Publicly branded as disloyal to the Trump movement and traitors to those who voted for him. Mr Trump now has a mandate to do precisely what he promised the American people he would do. He will have to govern from the center in order to build the required coalition to repeal Obamacare: he needs nine Democrat Senators to do that. However, I have no doubt that DJT will be able to do this and much more during his eight years in office. Let his past track record in politics be a warning to those elected officials who are silently considering betraying our new President-Elect: who think they’re smarter than he is because they’ve ‘been around the block’ in DC. Better watch your step and fall into formation because if DJT’s learning curve and instincts speak to anything, they speak to his ability to win by dogged determination, force of will and personality…and experience from heading up a multi-billion dollar empire. Think twice before you decide it’s going to be ‘same old, same old’. That’s not what We The People elected him for…and you WILL find yourself out of a job.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 9:12 am
    • Exactly!!! Way to support our President.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 1:23 pm
    • I know I will be fine as a White Heterosexual Male.

Everyone else, these next 2 year will be utter hell…

Tuesday, 15 November 2016, 3:26 am
  • Personally, I didn’t care for either candidate. I have always told my children you dont have to like the president, but ALWAYS respect the presidency.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 9:28 pm
  • Just a few years ago, people were protesting the”1%” of the rich in this country. Now one was elected. How about the hypocrisy of people. For a state that is considered the ” Mobile/trailer home” center of the country, maybe w/ all be able to “upgrade” our living quarters with all the “tax breaks” we will get from the new presidency. As for this county??? If Gus was soooo concerned about the children and their educational needs, perhaps we would pay more in school taxes than fire/emt services. I agree with Misha, an arrogant jackass was elected. So, whatever comes this way for our country, it will be deserved. But one thing that rings true, Trump’s wife will make a much better looking First Lady than Bill Clinton would have.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 8:33 pm
  • I personally know Gus and his family. I find it odd that people are dispecting Gus yet loving that a**hat sheriff, speKs to the integrity of people in this county. We need more Trumps!! Stop being a bunch of snowflakes.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 7:48 pm
  • Meaning of the color blue loyalty, strength, wisdom and trust. Meaning of the color red energy, passion and action.
    Meaning of the color white light and goodness.
    It’s Red White and Blue…

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 2:11 pm
  • Everybody it’s Red White and Blue!!!

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 2:02 pm
  • Blue meaning loyalty, strength, wisdom, trust. Red meaning energy,action and passion. White meaning light and goodness. So everybody it is not blue or red it’s Red White and Blue…

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 2:00 pm
  • Blue colors = Blue collar 🙂

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 1:00 pm
    • WAY TO COME TOGETHER AND UNITE!! PEACE FOR OUR KIDS PLEASE…..

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 1:47 pm
  • America voted in the most arrogant jack ass possible for President! Like the media has reported that most Blue colors white males voted for him which doesn’t surprise me one bit. Uneducated country foke without a clue. I will laugh once you see what a dumb mistake you made voting for this ass hat (aka Russia’s puppet) to run our country. Pure idiots!!

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 12:58 pm
    • Misha, i hear Canada calling you. Dont let the door hit you on the way out!

Friday, 11 November 2016, 8:07 am
  • Regarding Diane Rowden;Juulie, if you are referring to being sued by the organization that provides service dogs -that does not constitute a criminal record. Throwing lies at the wall to see which ones stick seem to be the norm for republicans this year.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 11:07 am
    • Rowden was convicted of breaking the state Sunshine Law for talking privately about public business with another board member. There is no lies that I post. The truth hurts, doesn’t it?

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 2:20 pm
  • Sounds more like Fox NOT NEWS then a real news site.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 10:02 am
    • really Gerry? “fox not news” Its true liberals are really stuck on stupid, what a dumb comment

Friday, 11 November 2016, 6:34 pm
  • Tom seems to have another conservative spokesman on his so called news site. Whatever happened to balanced reporting?

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 9:56 am
  • Really people ! I didn’t see all us Republicans spew dirt and hate all over the place when the democrats got in 8 years ago ! All I’m seeing now is nasty protesting, name calling, people getting hurt from the NONE peaceful protesters and then this morning, up in PA, 2 police officers got shot, one died !! Is this what you people want for our country ? Or is this the way you act when you don’t get your own way ? Pathetic is what I call this. It’s so sad that this wonderful country that I grew up in turned to this. I’m just sick over all this hate. Get over it already. You lost !!

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 9:54 am
    • Oh really….we’re getting plenty of hate from the deplorables…
      in MI kids chanting in classrooms….BUILD THE WALL, BUILD the Wall

Wesley Chapel…a teacher telling black students, “Careful, do I have to call Trump and have him
      put you in a boat back to Africa”

take a gander on the news media and YOU’LL see plenty of more racists attacks..

Saturday, 12 November 2016, 11:03 am
  • Bravo repukes because the USA is the laughing stock of the world! Congratulations

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 8:40 am
    • Jullio123 you are a bitch Gus cares about Hernando and the children I’m sure he’s not in it for the money he volunteers A lot of his time what do you do for the county I would say absolutely ?

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 9:53 am
      • Bull Carrie. He’s in it for the money and does not care about the kids. Go ruin another marriage why don’t you? You’ve probably screwed Gus too. Your kind make me want to puke.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 11:40 am
    • LOL I hope you choke! President-Elect Trump hasnt even been sworn in yet but the Canadian PM and the President of Mexico have already stated they are willign to renegotiate NAFTA. God Bless America and President Trump!

Friday, 11 November 2016, 12:53 pm
  • Want to energize a party? Piss them off publically. Why did the Dems lose? They lost because the head of the party was poisoning them. They lost because they weren’t as deceitful as the GOP. Don’t be so smug my Republican friend, we will be back in two years so get out of the way. Oh and next time, we will have cameras embedded in the signs so that when people steal or deface them we can prosecute them. Have a wonderful Four years, we will be watching every move you make. Deborah Montgomery, President Hernando County Democratic Club

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 7:21 am
    • Ms. Montgomery,
      The hostilities in you post are doing you nor you party any favors. A sign is just a sign. When you woke up today the sun was still shining. Work on anger and attempt to project in a positive manor and it will be all better spread that around instead of hate and threats.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 9:32 am
      • Yes you are correct and I apologize. This article was very anger provoking. SOme of us worked very hard for our candidates and some, not all but some, were much better candidates than the incumbents. It was very hard to take and then to have an inflammatory article written caused a reaction. I own it, I said it, I apologize.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 9:38 pm
    • You lost because WE are sick of you and your failed agendas. Look inward, not attack outward. See you in 2 years. I’ll remember your comments. I’ll get out of your way so that you can walk the hell away from me and back into the darkness and hatred of the DNC.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 9:46 am
    • As Ronald Reagan once said:

“The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they’re ignorant; it’s just that they know so much that isn’t so”.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 1:48 pm
    • I hope your proud of your self the way you talk. I hope everyone remembers it .You need to be replaced with someone who has more class . I was a Democrat but I am not now I am ashamed the was you talk . You should not be the President of the Democratic Club

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 6:38 pm
      • I am not proud of myself. I allowed an article to push me into a statement that is out of character. Several of us and our candidates worked very hard and to have an article such as this written was very upsetting. I apologize.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 9:40 pm
    • Debbi, i respect your opinion but it was members of YOUR party that defaced and vandalized our Republican signage. If you want proof, i have plenty of photos.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 8:02 am
      • If you have proof then yes I want to see it. I do not condone stealing and defacing others property so please send them to me.

Friday, 11 November 2016, 9:34 pm
  • Tom you should do some home work maybe even back ground checks if you think that Blaise Ingoglia isn’t a corrupt person. I say you tom cause you wrote it.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 2:12 am
    • Are you implying that RNRF writes its own opinion pieces? Preston Carter is a fake?

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 3:47 pm
  • Politics in Hernando is a joke, so how does any of this matter?

Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 10:48 pm
  • Glad Glad Glad. Sorry about your bad luck!

Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 9:59 pm
  • About time! It is great that we finally removed the stagnation in the County Commission. Time for some change, and to finally move forward. It is great that maybe now, our great sheriff Al Nienhuis will get the support he truly needs from the Commission.

Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 9:56 pm
  • How in the hell did Gus win this race? Every single person I know voted for him and I was sickened to see him retain his seat. He is absolutely worthless to the children and parents of Hernando County. If it’s because of who he knows, God help us all. Those stupid people don’t care about the kids. The man never would allow his own kids to go to the public schools here. He’s a cheating POS who needs to learn to keep his peter in his pants.
    Lenny the Liar can go now. I hope he gets what he deserves. A swift boot in the *** as a beginner.
    So glad that Rowden is gone. She should have never been voted back into office in the first place. Crazy lady has a criminal record and she still violates the Sunshine law.
    And we’re stuck with sticky Nick. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    Hernando County needed a flush.

Wednesday, 9 November 2016, 9:48 pm
    • Gus won over a candidate that has actual education experiance? It is decisions like this that make me belive education standards should not be local.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 12:13 pm
    • This man (Gus) should not be near children. My daughter learned what kind of a man he is. You hit the nail on the head. I would never vote for him and if people knew the real Gus they wouldn’t either. Just my opinion.

Thursday, 10 November 2016, 2:50 pm