; ;

OPINION: Marshall Says “I hope you’re proud of yourselves, Trump voters”

The views and opinions expressed in the following Column are those of the designated author and do not necessarily reflect those of RNRF or any of its affiliates.

OPINION: By Jason Marshall

When I registered to vote for the first time in 2002, I chose to join the Republican Party because I was raised to believe in limited government, fiscal discipline, and the constitution. My parents campaigned for George McGovern, before they met each other, and when Carter was elected president, they left the Democrat Party and became Republicans. They voted for Reagan, Bush, Dole, Bush (2), McCain and Romney. I was excited to become a voter, and proud to vote for Governor Pataki in the 2002 New York gubernatorial election, and President Bush in 2004. When we moved to Florida, I was finally able to vote in a swing state where there was a realistic chance that my vote would matter.

2008 came around, and I voted for Rudy Giuliani for president in the Florida primary. He lost, badly. Then I got behind McCain, because I knew what Obama was bringing to the table – radical, left-wing Marxism, anti-Semitism, hatred for Israel, antipathy for the constitution, and I wanted NOTHING to do with him. I believe the current administration, if that’s what we can call it, was the beginning of the end of rational thinking in America.

In 2010, the Tea Party rose up and threw the Democrats out of the House, in response to Obamacare. In 2012, I jumped on the Cain Train, believing that Herman Cain was the Washington outsider that could turn this country around, with Cain Do Solutions. That was the same year that I became acquainted with the dirty trickery that the GOP establishment uses to keep their own entrenched. I experienced it firsthand……that’s what changed me from a Republican loyalist, to an independent minded conservative. I ended up changing my primary vote from Romney, to Gingrich, when Mr. Cain endorsed Newt’s campaign.

I didn’t realize it at the time, but 2012 could very well have been the last time I ever voted for the Republican nominee for president. I walked away from the party establishment in 2015, and now, I’m seeing many people that I thought were conservatives, supporting Donald Trump. I’m amazed that a “Republican” candidate for president encourages his supporters to assault protesters, demean and degraded his opposition, insults women, and funds campaigns of progressives like Rahm Emmanuel, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Bill De Blasio, and Hillary Clinton. Is this the new foundations of conservatives? I think not.

Evidently, one can betray conservatism, shoo away constitutional principles, reflect aspects of unmitigated fascism, produce absolutely ZERO substance regarding an actual platform, and still produce results that during a traditional election cycle, would be regarded as the unquestioned presumptive nominee.

If this is the direction that the Republican Party is heading, make no mistake about it, I am leaving. I’d rather not be affiliated with any organized political party, than to be associated with a party that views Trump’s tomfoolery as appropriate for the direction our country.

Anger isn’t a sufficient excuse to decide a populist candidacy, devoid of specific policy position. Being fed up with the establishment, and the Republican Party ignoring the people, isn’t an excuse, either. If you want to destroy the party and start over, then split off, find a candidate, and present a challenge. All you’re doing is destroying our country, because Hillary Clinton is poised to step into the Oval Office is she faces off with Donald Trump.

Every single person that has voted for Trump this year has brought us one step closer to President Clinton 2.0 in 2017. I hope you’re proud of yourselves Trump voters.

Marshall Trump

Comments
  • Damn it, quit insulting hillbillies. Lol

Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 6:37 pm
  • Only if Ole Billy Bob wears the BLUE DRESS , then we can call him first lady, Proud Veteran . Lmao

Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 11:53 am
  • Anyone notice Jason the guy who wrote this article fell asleep. I met him several months ago, he was prancing around like some big shot politician. Funny thing was nobody knew who he was.

Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 9:31 am
  • Silly Willie, you didn’t have to mention her, it is the principal. You are a liberal and it is obvious you support this criminal. She along with Obama should have been indicted a long time ago not to mention Treason. You keep saying you didn’t mention Hillbilly but you prove you support her. If you praise Obama you are clearly showing your support for Hillbilly the murderer. Just one question though, if Hillbilly should get elected (which she won’t) what do we call ole Billy Bob. Is he still considered the first lady?

Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 9:26 am
  • Obama’s wife and kids live with him in the White house? Now that’s just unheard of!! Thank you for that revelation PV, you are on the cutting edge.of super secret information, keep up the good work!!

Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 6:26 am
  • You have to admit loud vetinarian, adding a couple hundred thousand jobs a month is better than losing 800k jobs a month as we did when the last republican dip-spit left office. Isis was created by Repukelikan lies!!

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 9:36 pm
  • Thank you P.V. You proved my point. Thank you! And,once again, I did not mention Hillery, did I?

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 8:52 pm
    • It so hard to take you seriously “Silly Willy”. So you’re not leaning toward Hillary and you’re definitely not a Republican. That leaves Sanders. Please provide a verifiable source that states Sanders would be a good president, twenty reasons or more please. I’ve been amazed and saddened by the traction Sanders has enjoyed (while temporary) and now you’ve made the reason for his popularity crystal clear. Your incessant blathering and wholly nonsensical gibberish is all telling. Of course now you’ll state “did I ever say Sanders?”.
      In regards to the Proud Veterans here, be advised these “angry old men” I suspect are still very dangerous men.– I suggest showing some respect and gratitude.

Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 8:52 am
  • Poor ole Willie, you are just a confused angry old man. It is ironic that the United States is the only Country without a Leader. We have an illegal alien living there with his wife, two teens and Micheles mother, and Lord knows who else from his tribe is living there. WE NEED A LEADER WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO STAND UP FOR THIS COUNTRY AND IT’S PEOPLE. Anyone who thinks Hillbilly is going to make things better is delusional. One again, if you are happy with the way this country is going and happy with our economy and happy with “Affordable Healthcare” then by all means vote for the lying bitch. But think first as to what kind of future you want for, not you, but for your children.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 7:31 pm
  • Willie, your just too silly,

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 5:33 pm
  • JoeBlow points out why it sucks to be a Republican these days: “Open borders and transparent, global trade have both failed”. The basic tenet of conservative economics has been proven not to work.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 5:27 pm
  • I am an “angry old white guy”. I worked my all my life, never looked for a handout, love my country and guess what? I am a PROUD LIBTARD! Call me all the names you want. Anyone that thinks Trump would make a good president is dumb as sh#t. Trump is not a conservative which is the only good thing about him. Conservatism is a cancer on this country. All they want is oppression, hate and backwards thinking. Just because someone is a veteran does not make them a spokesman for whats right. And Becky, do you think the value of a dollar is the same today as it was in 1700s? When people blame Obama for everything that is wrong in this world, you know they dumb as Trumps hair. When people paint liberals as bad people who want hand outs, it shows they know NOTHING. A lot of folks can’t think for themselves so they rely on other idiots for their information. Liberal media? Are you kidding me?! Fools watch Fox news. Have a nice day.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 4:09 pm
  • A Gawker article?? Your credibility is vanishing with every article you cut and paste.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 4:04 pm
  • Hernando guy, actually you have it wrong. It is people like you and this moron Jason who are the uneducated dumbasses. Pretending to be some big shot political analyst. Hernando guy must be your advisor. LMAOSMH…….. Come on boys, why don’t you both try writing your own stuff instead of copy/paste from news articles. Tom I do believe this article is now dead in the water.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 10:31 am
  • Don’t make me laugh…. You used the inquisitr site??? You would have been better off using “the onion”.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 9:37 am
  • Veteran Proud, thank you for your service my friend, and thank you for the backing, and also to Tracy as well. Hernando guy, you seem to make this quote often about Angry Old White Men. Well one day when you grow up and become educated you too will then become an Angry Old White Man. You are just jealous that you are not as smart as most of us here for if you were, you would not have made the most ignorant comments on this thread. You and Jason must have went to the same college, Watsamatta U. It is so sad that most of you young people have no idea what life was like when Reagon was President compared to today. We never locked our doors back then, we could go to the park as kids and not be afraid. We had real educations back then. People worked for a living, not coming here and expecting welfare handouts. Crime was nothing like it is now. There were jobs up the ass back then. Think about this, what do we have today from our government that we can be proud of? Name one thing that Hitlery would change that Obama has done? I can name a dozen things that I would undo. Anyone out there have children you love, and families you love, if not well then you can vote for Hillary, or even Sanders because it won’t matter.Think people, THINK! GOD BLESS AMERICA……..TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT

Monday, 21 March 2016, 10:27 pm
  • Hey Hernandoguy , you can call us blowhards and names, just typical, but never forget, we have fought for your right to do just that. We are educated old buddy, I suggest you educate yourself or just keep drinking the kool-aid! I don’t care what you think or who you vote for.Buckle up, get ready for the roller coaster ride.and May God Always Bless The United States of America. Land of the FREE and Home of the BRAVE!!

Monday, 21 March 2016, 8:55 pm
  • Proud Veteran excellent!! Yes Jason I am proud as a peacock for voting for Trump. He will win, unless they steal it and that is what they are trying to do. Again Proud Veteran excellent and we stand shoulder to shoulder once again.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 8:36 pm
  • The best part of this whole Trump phenomena is you have people who claim to be of the conservative, “let the people solve the problems”, small government type, all clamoring for Trump and a government to come to come and save them. Government now creates jobs? We need a wall because free markets do not work?

In order to remain relevant in a changing world over the past decade, Republicans have had to get more and more extreme just to win elections. Trump is the epitome of that trend. Essentially, rock bottom. I realize many of you will not believe this, but we truly are witnessing the end of the party of Lincoln. On the other hand, the GOP has not been the party of Lincoln in over 50 years, so it is no great loss.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 7:30 pm
    • The wall is essentially Trump’s response to crimes committed by illegals on US soil, drugs and, to a lesser degree, the deficit-creating NAFTA. Do you know anything about our tariff regime? The GATT? The WTO? How the USA hands out preferential tariff regimes to countries like candy in exchange for their aligning with the USA’s foreign policy while destroying manufacturing jobs domestically? Tell us more how the above-mentioned PRIVATE orgs (GATT and WTO) have done any good for the American worker? All Trump has to do is denounce the results of the Uruguay Round, withdraw from WTO and erect tariffs on incoming foreign goods. This will spur domestic manufacturing. of course other countries will apply retaliatory, reciprocal tariffs as well but here’s a big hint: the sheer size of the US economy, the size of our consumer markets and the fact that we export a huge amount of goods and services that other countries want and essentially need, will prevent much of those retaliations. In addition,US withdrawal from the WTO will essentially render it non-functional and invalid. The mere US threat of doing so will force compliance among WTO ministers to re-visit old trade agreements (Uruguay/Doha) and re-negotiate them without the anti US, deficit generating bias that now exists. THIS is why Trump continues to accuse the USA’s leaders of being ‘stupid’ and THIS is how Trump plans ‘Make America Great Again’…There are economic limits to the hegemon…and we’ve reached them. GATT/WTO/Uruguay/Doha are all a recipe for the ultimate bankruptcy of the USA. These agreements are dinosaurs from a different age…an age in which the USA was not burdened by 19 trillion in external debt. It’s way past time to change our direction in order to preserve the union. Open borders and transparent, global trade have both failed in the same way the 1992 European open borders experiment has.Ask any resident of Brussels today how they feel about open borders and their benign, generous European ‘values’ now.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 8:32 am
      • “Open borders and transparent, global trade have both failed” Thank you. Exactly my point.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 5:22 pm
  • So with your thought process and generalization Hernandoguy…. Hillary gets the vote of the welfare abusing, disability collecting, gun controlling, tree hugging Libtards?? Stop listening to the Liberal media, and come up with your own opinions..

Monday, 21 March 2016, 6:53 pm
  • Trump will need a broader voter base than angry old white men to win the general election. He obliviously has the vote of the uneducated, name calling conspiracy loving blowhards with small hands! just saying…….

Monday, 21 March 2016, 5:48 pm
  • silly willy~Don’t let the facts confuse your libtard pea brain. From 1789 through 2008 the debt added by the previous 43 Presidents combined was 6.3 Trillion Dollars. The debt added by President Obama in his first term was 6.5 Trillion Dollars. Check Politifact. Do you know how? Apparently not.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 4:36 pm
    • Becky-You’re spot on! Proud veteran- Thank you for your service and the very well written spanking.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 6:01 pm
  • Jason, Jason, Jason, when you grow up and learn about Politics then you should speak otherwise, you should shush, because you sound stupid. So I will just say this. You can vote for Hitlery and continue the wonderful work of Barack Obama or Barry Sortoro or what ever his name is. You can also have the great Clinton’s once again back into OUR WHITE HOUSE and maybe he can call Monica up for a nightcap. You morons hate Trump because he is not going to take any shit from anyone, including the dumbass politicians that have been fattening their pockets all these years. You should really learn what is truth and what is lie. Name one politician that has kept his promise and did not lie. What Trump has done and said in the past has absolutely nothing to do with his campaign. These riots at Trumps rallies are all funded by Hillary’s people, Sanders people, George Soros, and others who are let wing radicals and Communists. Yea Jason, you little man have got a lot to learn. Let me ask you this junior, did you ever serve your Country in the Military?????? Jason, I am surprised you cannot see what has been done to this country. Maybe mommy & daddy should have thought you more. You are not a political analyst, stop trying to act like one and get a real career, one that you will know about. One last thing, Trump will beat Hitlery hands down. You are so mis interpreted with wrong facts. She is so afraid of Trump. Trump will be pulling out some cards in the general election period that will make her head spin and not to mention ole Billy bobs head as well. Remember Trump is a very smart business man, Hitler is a professional criminal and liar. You should re read the truth about Benghazi. You might also want to read about Her affair with an attorney who misteriously was found dead, and the drug cartels that Billy Bob was involved with. SMDH.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 4:08 pm
  • We haven’t had a legitimate commander in chief who created real positive “change” in years!! Point blank, many of our companies and jobs have gone overseas. That’s an undeniable fact, this is problem #1. There has been no president up to this point able to rectify that. All politicians, all with excuses. I don’t blame the voters for turning against the party and voting for Trump, how could you? We want change, we want work, we need to support our families. No president has done that thus far, and that’s the reason Trump has had unprecedented success,the people want more business? You elect a businessman, not a city manager.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 7:23 pm
  • Cruz would make a better president but I’ll watch the four year reality theatrics

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 6:28 pm
  • Becky, Obama came into office with a 1.3 Trillion dollar deficit, meaning that without spending a dime, the debt would increase 1.3 trillion dollars every year. Without major cuts in spending or major revenue increases, it will just get worse. My point was that Obama’s spending increases are historically low, and Republicans in general have larger spending increases than Democrats.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 5:58 pm
  • Becky, where do your numbers come from? Your butt?

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 5:25 pm
  • The national debt has increased more in the 7 years Obama has been in office than all the other Presidents combined. Come on. Your numbers came from politicians. Do you really think these are accurate. Like unemployment, illegal immigrants in the US, how many are on the welfare roles and the “real” compensation, donations and pack money politicians receive. Two terms in office and they walk away millionaires. The Government has no money of it’s own. We, the tax payers fund it all.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 12:27 pm
  • Democrats spend less than Republicans.Jason, if you are truly fiscally conservative, you need to vote Democratic.

Obama has increased government spending less than any president in at least a generation.

Republican campaign strategists may lie, but the numbers don’t. Government spending, when adjusted for inflation, has increased during his administration (to date) by 1.4%. Under George W. Bush, the increases were 7.3% (first term) and 8.1% (second term). Bill Clinton, in his two terms, comes in at 3.2% and 3.9%. George H. W. Bush increased government spending by 5.4%, while Ronald Reagan added 8.7% and 4.9% in his two terms.

Not only does Obama turn out to be the most thrifty president in recent memory, but the evidence shows that Republican administrations consistently increased government spending significantly more than any Democratic administration. Go figure.

less vacation time than Bush
    less executive orders than Bush

You can’t hide from the truth

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 10:36 am
  • Did I ever say anything about Hillary? NO. Nice try.

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 8:04 pm
  • “Silly Willy”—Please tell us all where we can find an acceptable source of information with respect to why Hillary would make a good president. Twenty reasons or more please.

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 7:31 pm
  • Really, Breitbart is your source? SMH

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 6:53 pm
  • 20 reasons Trump will make a good president

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 4:59 pm
  • Trump the orange Barney sings “I love you. You love me. What a great tyrant I will be!”

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 4:23 pm
  • Personally, I believe that when a journalist offers an opinion piece in any publication, they need to let it stand, as such, without resorting to rebuttals and rejoinders after the fact. it’s unprofessional.

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 12:35 pm
  • Applause once again Becky, I will vote Trump if he wins nomination, If Cruz wins I would vote for him, but I have a real hard time with Fiorina, hope he wouldn’t make her his VP., with that said VP are usually in the background anyway, Kasich ( cry baby) needs to go home. We had one crier there already with Boehner now he’s running his mouth. Oh well, will see what happens . Long time til November. Have a great weekend

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 12:20 pm
  • If you have time to read, have at it. Lots of reading here.

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 10:43 am
  • Yup Sillie Willie not so Silly after all??trump a really BAD liar at that!

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 9:46 am
  • Jason–It appears your “Opinion” has rewarded you with some temporary attention. The article pasted here is an excellent description of what in FACT is really happening in our country:

“It’s not the hair.
    Or the bad manners.
    Or the “beautiful” wall he says he’ll build.
    There’s a different, more subtle reason why the Republican establishment, donor class, political operatives, and the news media in general hate Donald Trump.
    The reason can be found in a New York Times best selling business book, Stacking The Deck, by Wharton professor David Pottruck.
    Pottruck, the Charles Schwab CEO who took the genial brokerage house online and into the big time, says that organizations hate change. Hate it with a PASSION!
    That’s because when there’s a new way of doing things, a new way of solving problems, a new way of relating to everything, they feel threatened as a deep personal-loss.
    Change renders meaningless the value of their hard-won experience and know-how. In politics, it may mean family members lose their cushy jobs and perks.
    Student loans of government employees get automatically paid off by government – TAX FREE.
    Those in government have done things one way forever. Change is NOT FAIR to them
    Everything they have done to line their pockets is threatened. The rules of the game may no longer apply.
    So they dig in their heels and will do whatever it takes to resist change.
    They resist perpetually until forced otherwise.
    They subvert any process that would lead to change.Until they lose, it becomes open warfare against the people to sustain the establishment and its perks.
    And so it is with Donald Trump. Like him or not, he has completely rewritten the rules of Presidential politics.
    He bypasses the media, taking his message, raw and unfiltered, to the millions of people who follow him on Twitter.
    The party establishment went from underestimating him and laughing at him to fearing him breaking out in night sweats.
    They fear all power and their relevance will vanish into thing air.
    Donors gave Jeb Bush $120 million and he came in dead last.
    The money, like Jeb, is gone and it could not save their fiefdom.
    Now wealthy donors have a choice. Oppose Trump and he wins and they are out in the cold. Understand there is a change in the wind and shift sides to the people.
    How ironic. It took a billionaire to neuter the billionaire donor class.
    Most of the media hates Trump to the core and dislike the fact they are no longer able to play kingmaker losing their power fearing they will be irrelevant with the internet displacing them.
    The political class have lost the power to rule behind the curtain from paid operatives and cronies who cannot transition to the new world where the old rules of campaigning don’t apply.
    Trump has spent more on hats than he has on polls so the pollsters also have lost their importance.
    Diplomats worldwide are running scared because Trump will renegotiate everything from a business standpoint that cannot be bought like Hillary & her foundation.
    The handwringing, the dire predictions of doom, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth have little to do with Donald’s positions, but their loss of power.
    They complain Trump is bringing in new voters who are not Republican. And this is bad?
    The Trump threat isn’t to the Constitution, to America’s standing in the world, or even to Republican Congressional candidates, it is to the establishment.
    If you think Trump’s supporters are angry about the way the government and the business world colluded, you are right. The establishment fails to appreciate the anger.
    They’re just furious. Even if Trump fails to win, there will be more in the wings. He is inspiring a change and he doesn’t even understand how profound.”

I’m sure you’re a decent young man and by the looks of your posts here slightly above the “less informed” category of the voter intellectual ceiling.

Personally and for the first time in over 7 years, I’m starting to feel good about our country again.

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 9:37 am
  • What is ugly is the cesspool our Country is in. Our college graduates can’t spell or manually write in print or cursive without the aid of a electronic device. The VA, even after all the shake ups in Washington, is still treating our Vet’s like third world citizens. Illegal immigrants called undocumented as if they simply forgot to bring their photo ID to the welfare office. To many single girls are getting pregnant in order to collect welfare to support their households and their baby daddies. We’ve become a nation of genetic welfare recipients.

THIS COUNTRY NEEDS A SHAKE UP. We who voted for Donald Trump are hopeful that he will continue to do just that.

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 9:33 am
  • Trump is the biggest liar out there but you people believe him because you WANT to believe the garbage he says. You want so bad to believe it! Trump doesn’t want to govern. He wants to RULE! Oh, and Jason, impeach Obama for what? You are nothing but a Fox news parrot. A neocon robot. Dry your tears and pull up you diaper! Conservatives are showing their true colors and it is ugly.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 11:24 pm
  • Correction= meant to say current president is a snake, however, Romney is as well 2 time looser, Sorry 4 error

Friday, 18 March 2016, 10:08 pm
  • Agree CARA, It is obvious that people are just fed up and angry with what we have been thru the last 7+yrs, They are tryin their best to get rid of Trump, because they are afraid of him, he is NOT part of their establishment. HE sure can’t do any worse than what we have. Romney is a snake in the grass . Whoever wins should be put into office, if they don’t Hideous Hillary will win and life will go on as it is right now, only probably worse, after all that person can not tell the truth!! She is the establishment and BIG one you are right about her.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 8:35 pm
  • Sore loser

Friday, 18 March 2016, 6:50 pm
  • Mr. Marshall
    You sound just like a liberal, this country was founded on and for the people by the people, im sorry the person you were backing failed to make the cut, too bad so sad, the people spoke otherwise leaving your candidate behind, So now you wish to leave the party, fine please do and take the liberal mentality with you.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 6:03 pm
    • I sound like a liberal because I believe in the constitution, limited government, and fiscal discipline? Okay then.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 9:57 pm
  • The Republican party, this is the result of the seeds they have sewn the past 20 years, “to hoist with one’s own petard” This election was over as soon as Trump entered! Hello madam president.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 5:59 pm
  • Congress submission to Obama? They have blocked him since day one! What alternate world do you live in? You know what’s best for us,right? Jason,you are going to make the wrong choices the way you think. NEOCONS have a serious superiority complex.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 5:22 pm
    • Yes, Congress’ submission to Obama, by funding his executive amnesty, continuing to fund Planned Parenthood, not doing anything to defund Obamacare even after being given control of BOTH chambers to do so, and greatest of all, NOT moving to impeach him.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 6:53 pm
      • With 54 GOP seats in the current 114th Senate, there is nowhere near enough votes to either impeach or convict. Impeachment of Oblameo is, and always has been, a pipe dream. Unless, of course, twelve Dems would be willing to vote with the GOP in order to obtain the required 66 votes (two thirds).

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 11:51 am
        • You are so right! It is too bad but, you are right!

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 4:55 pm
  • Well said! I agree with you and am shocked that our party has come to this! Will I vote for trump should he become the republican nominee? Yes but, I’ll feel awful about it! I keep hoping this is just a bad dream and our party will clean house and get back on track ‘for the people’

Friday, 18 March 2016, 4:17 pm
  • JASON your the loser,leave this party who care besides your opinion stinks.its an election every four years we need this shake up,all this politicans are crooks,they get wealthy on our dime .CRUZ,RUBIO,THE CLINTONS . THEY ARE ALL CASH COWS All in CONGRESS ” the club” cash in and never want to change the status quo.The people are demanding a real change and just maybe Trump can bring it about.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 4:08 pm
  • @cara amd sam tubs right on Jason your a piece of propaganda oh no they voted for someone I dont like. By the way you would make a good cherry picker hang by your nose and use both hands. Ding ding traitor

Friday, 18 March 2016, 3:07 pm
  • CARA, You nailed! Don’t let the elites and the media tell you how you feel nor how to vote! I didn’t vote for Trump in the primary but, I damn sure will in the general election if he is our candidate! I personal am fed up with PC and the political game playing! I believe in the AMERICAN people!

Friday, 18 March 2016, 1:46 pm
  • I’m sorry to say, that at the end of your letter, I felt as if I read an article written by a know it all liberal, trying to show us how your opinion is the gospel truth, one who does not tolerate nor respect other people’s opinions or beliefs. I did not vote for Trump this week, I did vote and have not missed a Presidential primary vote since my first for Ronald Reagan in November 1980 (feel free to do the math). It may serve you well to realize that we all have to live with the decisions of the majority and that a lot of times you will not agree with those decisions, sometimes it comes down to the lessor of the evils. If Trump is the candidate comes November, then that is the decision made by the majority of Republicans in this country. Sorry son, that’s how it works, like it or not.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 1:32 pm
    • It’s called an opinion piece. You don’t have to like it.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 2:38 pm
      • 1. I realize and even stated that I was responding and commenting on his opinion.
        2. I understand the meaning of the word “opinion”
        3. I don’t understand your desire or need to attempt to scold me for mine.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 3:50 pm
  • Don’t blame Trump or the people that voted for him(I didn’t)! Blame the GOP for forsaking the voters to protect they own careers! Blame Bush for spending million to attack Rubio and Cruz! Trump is calling for unity, so the GOP should be talking! If people think he would be worse then Shillary then you real don’t know Trump and have no faith in our Republic and the other branches of it!

Friday, 18 March 2016, 12:58 pm
    • You’re right, I don’t have faith in the other branches, because Congress has played a role of submission to Obama, and the SCOTUS gave Obamacare the “okay”. I’m not sure how YOU have faith in the separation of powers anymore, which has been eroded for decades.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 2:36 pm
      • YUP! Just wait until you have another 4+ years of the Democrats!

Friday, 18 March 2016, 6:39 pm
  • Trump got my vote and he’ll continue to get my vote. Most of us are tired of politicians and need a business man in office. Those who say he’s had failed businesses, just think of how many successful businesses he has run. I am liking that he doesn’t sugar coat things either.
    I’d love to see someone run for office, donate all the monies they spend on the deficit with little commercials on TV, radio, newspaper and whatever to promote themselves. That person would prove to us that they really have our nations best interest at heart.
    Trump will be president. If Hillary gets in, our country is in for a world of hurting. Hillary can’t control her own husband or email, how the hell can she control an entire country?

Friday, 18 March 2016, 12:34 pm
  • From the words you use Mr. Marshall. it sounds as though you are a very educated man. I have no idea how others feel about Trump. Mr. Trump has as much right to say what he wants, just as you do. Difference is he says it in words that most Americans can understand. You sound as if you are speaking to the politicians. You voted for and supported losers in the past, what makes you think you are so right now? As for being proud of myself–I am. I served in the U.S. Navy, started my own business and ran it for almost thirty years and retired to Florida at a young age. I would wonder if you have done any of the above?

Friday, 18 March 2016, 11:40 am
    • I have chosen to support conservative candidates in the past, the exception being President Bush….however, when I was in my early 20s, I wasn’t nearly as conservative as I am today. The far left movement this country has gone in over the past 10 years, pushed me further to the right, and if I was 20 years old again, I don’t know if I would have viewed Bush the same way.

You never know if you’re right or wrong, until you look back and figure out whether the choice you made was the right one. If we had the foresight of knowing with absolute certainty that we did the right thing before we do it, we’d all be fortune tellers. We’re not. All we can do, is look at the candidates, figure out which one is most appropriate in terms of the principles we align ourselves with, and hope that we made the right decision. My track record is terrible, but that goes for ALL conservatives in the last 10 years, doesn’t it?

Thank you for your service, sir. I always appreciate those that make sacrifices to protect our freedoms, defend our constitution, and serve with honor. That doesn’t necessarily mean that you make the right choices in terms of your vote, but then again, you have that right. I just get extraordinarily frustrated when I see people *I* know, who I became friends with due to mutual conservative views, who don’t even care that Trump isn’t a conservative. And THAT is the reason I wrote this.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 2:32 pm
    • Not too intelligent…..obviously follows the media closely…yeah, that’s a Great place to get your fact,,,you people amaze me….Not sure why he’s even allowed to post on here,,,,don’t come to Tom’s site to read about politics,, there;s enough of that around to watch

Friday, 18 March 2016, 6:00 pm
      • Can you be more specific on what’s not too intelligent, and what any of this has to do with the media?

Friday, 18 March 2016, 9:56 pm
  • TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

Friday, 18 March 2016, 9:44 am
  • I don’t appreciate people, AND I DON’T CARE WHO THEY ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT taking my HARD EARNED MONEY and giving it to people that are to damn lazy or feel ENTITLED to my money I WORKED HARD FOR!!!!!!!!! I work my a** off everyday and I can’t afford health insurance or go to the Dr. WHY???? You know why because all my money goes to bills or people that DOES NOT DESERVE IT. So….somebody tell me and prove to me which candidate is going to help me with that problem. No one can why, every candidate that opens their mouth LIES COME OUT. They are there to fatten their own wallets!!!! I don’t understand when this time comes around everybody argues, ALL OF THEM ARE THIEVES AND LIARS, so there is no difference who becomes president!!!!

Friday, 18 March 2016, 9:41 am
  • so many idiots here

Friday, 18 March 2016, 8:00 am
  • I use to be a republican but now vote for the person. The R N P is a mess and has lost touch with the old school values.. I am old enough to have seen the winners and losers and I must say that I am impressed with Trump, this country needs a Trumpnot another lying Clinton.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 5:08 am
  • Lucille… trump didn’t need anyone’s money cuz his daddy gave him all the money he needs. Can’t you see everything he has tried to accomplish flopped? He attempted at a university, hotels, casino’s all flopped, didn’t he file BK, doesn’t he owe IRS. boo KOO BUCKS? The guys a joke and belongs on Nick and Night with all the other little girls, he’s nothing but bad entertainment
    SOMEONE MADE A POST ON RNRF THAT OUR PRESIDENT Obama has helped set,record highs for his own local personal business. I’m sorry that speaks volumes not the b.s that comes out of trumps mouth. I pray to God for my children’s future and my grandchildrens future this man is NOT,elected into office so he can NOT hurt our children’s future. Honestly I believe those that voted for him if they could change their vote every time he open his mouth how stupid this person was or how ugly this person is or how big his tiny penis is. Voters would reconsider.Yep these topics are what is important in building our country. We did it with Scott now let’s repeat “stupid” and get Trump in ofice NOT,
    Have you noticed the number one search on google since Trumps numbers increase in votes,is how in the heck can I Get into Canada!?!?
    I am proud I voted for President Obama, he offered so many a chance at life they would have never received due to the color of skin. I like Obama and Michelle, would love to have them join us for diner God Bless them an their family thank you for all you hard workmand getting rid of so many terrorist we have been dealing with for too many years.
    This is my opinion

Friday, 18 March 2016, 12:18 am
    • Many of these commenters seem to forget that Obama “inherited” the
      mess our country was in, from former “President Bush”.
      They also seem to forget that CONGRESS FOUGHT OBAMA AT
      EVERYTHING HE TRIED TO DO FOR “OUR” COUNTRY!!

Look at how they won’t even allow President Obama to do
      his “constitutional duty” in appointing a new judge to replace Scalia!

I am a registered independent and I will continue to vote for the person
      I feel is best to lead OUR country, regardless of whether they are
      Democrat OR Republican. And it sure as hell won’t be Trump!!!!

Friday, 18 March 2016, 3:18 pm
      • 1. “Many of these commenters seem to forget that Obama ‘inherited’ the mess our country was in, from former ‘President Bush'” And you seem to be unaware that the housing market collapsed as a result of market manipulation by a Democrat-controlled Congress, led by Barney Frank and Maxine Waters, which forced banks to give mortgages through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, to low-income people that didn’t have the cash flow to pay them back. The banks tanked, and took the economy down with it. Bush gets blamed by those that don’t know the facts.

2. “They also seem to forget that CONGRESS FOUGHT OBAMA EVERYTHING HE TRIED TO DO FOR ‘OUR’ COUNTRY!!” And, you seem to be unaware of why we have a system of checks and balances, called an Executive and Legislative branch. The people voted the Democrats out of power in 2010 in the House, in response to Obamacare, and would likely have voted them out of power in the Senate as well, much sooner, if the Republican voters didn’t choose terrible general election candidates in several states, including Nevada and Missouri and Indiana.

3. “Look at how they won’t even allow President Obama to do his ‘constitutional duty’ in appointing a new judge to replace Scalia!” Did you also complain when Chuck Schumer tried to prevent President Bush from getting Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito appointed? Or back in the early 90s, when then-Senator Joe Biden, Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, road-blocked President George H.W. Bush’s nominees?

Friday, 18 March 2016, 6:50 pm
        • Jason, by your own words, you say the 1st time you voted was in “2002”,
          which means that this year will only be your 4th time voting in a
          “presidential” election. Also by your own words “YOU MADE BAD CHOICES”
          EVERY SINGLE TIME!
          I HAVE BEEN VOTING FOR WAY LONGER THAN YOU.
          In fact, my kids have been voting way longer than you.

Before you try to confront people about who was at fault during
          the housing collapse, go back & do your own research instead of
          taking the word of what others may or may not say.

I refuse to argue with anyone over politics, especially those of you
          who have only voted coming up on “FOUR TIMES” in their “entire” lifetime.

Good luck, Son, you’re gonna need it..

Saturday, 19 March 2016, 11:53 am
  • Your facts are right on kiddo, but there is a thing called common sense, and in that, I believe you are lacking.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 12:07 am
  • So, you voted for gingrich. That says it all. It’s Tea baggers like you that caused this mess. Go ahead and blame it on Obama. That always works. It’s the Repubs that created the Frankenstein’s monster called Trump. I hope YOU are proud of yourself!

Friday, 18 March 2016, 12:00 am
  • Apparently Mr.Marshall knows what’s best and how people should vote. Millions of people who voted for Trump must be wrong. I too sir am a Republican but have seen what they are willing to do to circumvent the will of the people. Why vote this country has larger issues if the party of the front runner is doing more to destroy the top pick of the voters then they are to support them in trying to take back OUR COUNTRY

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 11:53 pm
  • Jason,

Thinking back at one of your earlier op-ed pieces, do you still believe there is no bigotry in the Republican party?

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 11:50 pm
    • I don’t believe that many of those that have voted for Trump, are actually Republicans. The ones that are, for the most part, are not racists. Are there racists? Yes, of course. There are also racist, bigoted Democrats. Racism and bigotry isn’t inherent to any 1 party, and I don’t believe it encourages one to gravitate to one side or the other.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 2:23 pm
      • Good answer Jason. Exactly what I posted on your previous op-ed and you rejected. Glad to see you are opening your eyes.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 7:12 pm
  • Age and demographics have been eroding the Republican party for years. In order to remain a viable party, they have had to become increasingly radical, i.e. the tea party faction, compromise is bad, etc. Trump is the logical progression of that.

The realty is that many Republicans are paranoid and Trump plays them “like a harp from hell”. Not the first time a German has done that. ..

But it’s not all bad. Eventually, the pendulum will swing back and the resulting Republican party will dump their social and religious issues and become focused on just fiscal issues. At that time, a lot of us will come back.

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 11:47 pm
  • “Idiocracy” Who’d of thunk that satirical movie could be prophetic.

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 10:59 pm
  • Looks like you and the rest of us did nothing but vote for losers the last two presidential elections. But we learned, politicians are for the politicians, not the people. Donald Trump did donate to lots of democrats and also republicans. But, and this is a big but, he does not need anyone’s money and he is an excellent businessman. Give him a chance, after all, Look at what a lousy President Obama has been and we still have this one chance to bring American back to the country it once was. That is why McCain and Romney lost. Thay would have just taken us down the same path. McCain said, we don’t have to worry about Obama, and he was very wrong, and Romney, was just a Milquetoast, no fight in him and even his son said he really didn’t want to be president. He let Obama walk all over him.

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 10:02 pm
    • Trump’s self-funding is a myth, Lucille. He’s NOT self-funding.

Friday, 18 March 2016, 2:20 pm
      • Jason, you are correct.. just look at his website, if he were self-funded, why is he asking for donations?

Monday, 21 March 2016, 1:49 pm