OPINION: Trump, Clinton Matchup Likely – Is Trump a Clinton Plant?

OPINION: By Jason Marshall

We are officially less than 30 days away from the first ballots cast in the 2016 presidential election. February 1st, Iowans across the state will participate in caucuses, commencing the nomination process for both major American political parties. According to the poles, businessman, Donald J. Trump has a slight lead over Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) holds a sizable lead over Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT). At this point it appears that Hillary and Donald will be head to head in a November matchup. So, it’s starting to the get to the point where we have to ask ourselves 2 questions – who will likely win, and why?

The polls are one indicator that everyone looks to first; and in the average polling, Mrs. Clinton becomes our 45th president, 45.6% to 40.8%. This margin has contracted recently, with the latest Rasmussen Reports poll showing a dead-heat, at 37-36. But, a lot can change after we get through Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada. By the time our home state of Florida votes, the field promises to be MUCH less diverse than at the present.

Without winning Iowa, or even showing there (as the old adage goes, you either have to win, place or show), Huckabee, Fiorina, Santorum, and Kasich, will have no choice but to drop. Governor Bush will not likely pull out before Florida, but beyond that point, his prospects die off. Hillary will likely win Iowa, lose New Hampshire, and then sweep through the south, sealing the nomination quickly. A more protracted process on the Republican side, between Trump, Rubio, Cruz, and Carson (Paul may stay in, if he can gain enough delegates to speak at the RNC) will leave plenty of time, and money, for the DNC and the Clinton campaign to exploit the likely Republican nominee’s flaws – Trump.

We all know that Trump is a successful businessman. His history of success in the real estate and building sectors, combined with the entertainment business via The Apprentice, and his running of the Miss America pageant, make it keenly obvious that he knows how to create jobs. However, his insanely high unfavorable numbers (56% of Americans) view him as unfavorable, according to a recent Weekly Standard Report. What better way to resuscitate a negative image for Hillary, than by nominating an equally unlikable Republican to counter her?

Mr. Trump has a history of flip-flopping on gun rights, party affiliation, immigration, has given plenty of cash to Democrats such as Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rahm Emmanuel, and even Hillary herself. Mr. Trump has called Hillary a good senator from her time in the senate representing the state of New York, and called her husband, President Clinton, a great president. He has also expressed favorable opinions regarding universal health care, and eminent domain. These are hardly the traits you look for in a traditional conservative.

And what if something happens in the nomination process and an upset is pulled against Trump? What if he ends up losing his bid? Sure, he signed a loyalty oath to support the nominee even if it’s not himself, but given his track record of changing his mind, and his close ties to the Clintons, can he really be trusted? President Clinton won twice, because of Ross Perot, whom swung the election in his favor; not one time has he won 50% of the popular vote.

If Trump is the nominee, or if he runs a 3rd party candidacy against the nominee, his past will undoubtable come back to haunt him – 4 bankruptcies, 3 marriages, comments he’s made about his daughter (that if she wasn’t his daughter, he’d date her), and even rampant speculation that Trump chose to run as a favor to the Clintons to throw the election for Hillary (Newsmax).

Can Trump beat Hillary? No, I don’t believe he can. He’s not liked by most Americans, he has too much baggage, the DNC is armed and ready to slam him, and the greatest savior to Hillary’s candidacy, would be a Trump nomination.

The views and opinions expressed in RNRF Op-Ed Columns are those of the designated authors and do not necessarily reflect those of RNRF or any of its affiliates.

clint trump

Comments
  • Victoria, history repeats itself. This time in our country unless we the people stop it at its tracks. You do know what incrementalism means right? Let me illustrate, you are the Liberal Ofuka frog in a pot on a stove as I slowly increase the temp you are saying “I feel good Ofuka has not taken my guns” and as I increase the temp higher you are saying “boy my panties is getting warm but I feel good since Ofuka has not taken my gun” by the time I increased the temp all the way through time your liberal a** is cooking very well ready for Ofuka’s dinner. But the only thing stopping what’s happening now and for a long time now are liberal idiots not getting their heads out of Ofuka’s muslim a**.

Look at the link and compare for yourself.

Sunday, 10 January 2016, 1:02 pm
  • Victoria you are indeed the laughable one. You trash Trump on not being a politician, Well thank God for that. That’s exactly what we don’t need after 8 years of Obama. Another lying, cheating Politician. So what. He’s developing a relationship with Putin. But Obama and Cuba is OK? Hypocrite! Obama gets on television and sheds tears for the children killed by gun violence, yet he continuously releases terrorists and sets them free. He’s a useless piece of ***t and I did my homework. Obama is the bully here. Tells the American people he’s doing whatever and we just have to get use to it No point arguing with a sick mind like yours.

Sunday, 10 January 2016, 7:56 am
  • Concerned Citizen…Barack Obama was raised in Hawaii, not a Muslim Country. His father was from Kenya and he DID visit hi for a time. Again…what difference does it make? He’s been our President for 7 years, he hasn’t built a Mosque on the Capitol grounds and he world hasn’TV turned against uq!

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 9:51 pm
  • Sarah, keep saying that to yourself and click your heals three time liberal. And Ofuka is a disgrace of a President, I will not show no respect to any President from the left or right that helps to destroy this country. You ignorant liberals will never get it. God Man, you got to be really stupid to follow this pile of dung we have. And hernandoguy, you keep saying that the Republicans are a dying breed. The problem is that they are being infiltrated by dumb ass fluoride drinking people like you and your liberal friends which are occupying your socialist teachings in the Colleges and Universities and getting their degrees in “give me free” and “give me more” socialist education in order to let the government control every aspect of your life.

Now about your video, it shows Bush just giving a speech with multiple clips of 4 different dates of recordings and two pictures. I’m no fan of Bush but let’s compare that with the other one about Ofuka with multiple clips of 12 different dates of recordings with 1 picture. When reviewing both what difference we have between both? I count 6 differences between both as follow:

1. Bush was raised in the United State environment of Texas while Ofuka was raised in the Muslim environment of Indonesia as he has admitted. Which one shows more of a leaning to a Muslim? Obvious Ofuka.

2. Bush never removed his United States flag pin while Ofuka has. Which one shows more of a leaning in hating America like Muslims? Obvious Ofuka.

3. Bush never dressed as a Muslim while Ofuka has as indicated on the picture. Which one shows more of a leaning to a Muslim? Obvious Ofuka.

4. Bush’s speech about Muslims does not have the same conviction while Ofuka’s speech has a very strong conviction and defends them way more than Bush. Which one shows more of a leaning to a Muslim? Obvious Ofuka.

5. Bush never bowed to a Muslim king he held hands but never bowed while Ofuka has. Which one shows more of a leaning to a Muslim? Obvious Ofuka.

6. Bush never admitted he was a Muslim during an interview while Ofuka has and then had to be corrected or else he would of continue on like normal. Which one shows more of a leaning to a Muslim? Obvious Ofuka.

After completing the comparison, it’s obvious who the Muslim really is “Ofuka” is the clear winner.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 6:55 pm
  • AFF

NOVEMBER 20, 2015 BY DEAN JAMES
    BREAKING: Bombshell New Video Reveals Solid PROOF Obama Is A MUSLIM…

9.8kSHARETWEETPIN

Dean James III% AMERICAS FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

President Barack Obama’s father was Muslim, his mother was an atheist, his stepfather was a Muslim, he was registered in school as a Muslim and was raised in a Muslim country. Call me crazy but that tells me HE’S A FRICKING MUSLIM FOLKS!

Barack Obama has many ties to Islam that, for anyone with a brain raises serious suspicions about his so-called “Christian” faith. As President, he has supported the Muslim Brotherhood. He refuses to say the words “Islam” and “TERRORISM” in the same sentence.

Check this out.

“I think, on one hand, non-Muslims cannot stereotype,” Obama said, “but I also think the Muslim community has to think about how WE make sure that children are not being affected with this twisted notion that somehow they can kill innocent people.”

Notice how the emphasis on the word WE!

And there’s more- A LOT MORE!

For instance, Right Wing Tribune did an article that lists 20 PRO MUSLIM quotes made by Obama. Check it out:

#1 “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”
    #2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”
    #3 “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country.”
    #4 “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam.”
    #5 “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”
    #6 “Islam has always been part of America”
    #7 “we will encourage more Americans to study in Muslim communities”
    #8 “These rituals remind us of the principles that we hold in common, and Islam’s role in advancing justice, progress, tolerance, and the dignity of all human beings.”
    #9 “America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.”
    #10 “I made clear that America is not – and never will be – at war with Islam.”

~AMUSLIM2

#11 “Islam is not part of the problem in combating violent extremism – it is an important part of promoting peace.”
    #12 “So I have known Islam on three continents before coming to the region where it was first revealed”
    #13 “In ancient times and in our times, Muslim communities have been at the forefront of innovation and education.”
    #14 “Throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.”
    #15 “Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality”
    #16 “The Holy Koran tells us, ‘O mankind! We have created you male and a female; and we have made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another.’”
    #17 “I look forward to hosting an Iftar dinner celebrating Ramadan here at the White House later this week, and wish you a blessed month.”
    #18 “We’ve seen those results in generations of Muslim immigrants – farmers and factory workers, helping to lay the railroads and build our cities, the Muslim innovators who helped build some of our highest skyscrapers and who helped unlock the secrets of our universe.”
    #19 “That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn’t. And I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.”
    #20 “I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.”

Okay, let’s take a look at #2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer,” shall we?

~1dd

The first few lines of the call to prayer state:

Allah is Supreme!

Allah is Supreme!

Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!

I witness that there is no god but Allah

I witness that there is no god but Allah

I witness that Muhammad is his prophet …

THAT’S THE SWEETEST SOUND OBAMA KNOWS? THIS IS INSANE! IT DOESN’T GET MORE MUSLIM THAN THAT FOLKS? AND THIS GUY IS OUR PRESIDENT… ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE.

And let’s not forget how Obama repeatedly downplays Islamic terrorism and points to the acts of Christians hundreds of years ago.

How about his treatment of CHRISTIAN REFUGEES? He put them in prison and kicked them out of our country!

Check this out.

You might want to check this one out:

The ‘TOP 25’ Signs Barack Obama Is A Muslim

We have tons of articles on the subject. Type OBAMA MUSLIM in the ‘search bar’ on our homepage and you’ll find everything you need!

(H/T Right Wing Tribune)

Please share this post with friends on Facebook and Twitter!

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 3:43 pm
  • USAFire the AK47 Quote comes from Ronald Reagan in 1989
    .http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/reaganak47.asp
    Reagan would be labeled a liberal in today’s pathetic Republican Party

Dell, Concerned, if we edit video enough we even have proof that W Bush is also a Muslim

remember USAFire, Obama was elected twice by LIBERALS. Independents and even republicans. Your voting base is dying off, and the young educated youth of today vote Democratic.

Done with this thread, Y’all have a nice weekend.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 3:00 pm
  • This is really laughable! What are all you people so afraid of? Barack Obama is NOT a Muslim but to be honest, it wouldn’t matter if he was. We have something in this country called separation of Church and State so religion – any religion – is not a prequalifier. No one has taken away you guns, nor will they.
    For all you veterans, thank you for your service. Now stop living in the past, get your heads out of your collective assessment and try to face the fact that we have some very serious issues to deal with in this upcoming election.
    Donald Trump is a mysogonistic, xenophobic, loudmouth and a bully. He has no political experience at all, is despised by most heads of state and has developed a relationship with Putin, a leader who has had journalists killed because he didn’t agree with him.
    Instead of all the fear and anger you have shown here, why not do your homework? Go to some reputable publications and learn about the candidates before making these ridiculous statements. Our country depends on it.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 2:36 pm
  • Sarah, To be fair, the responses are exactly what I would expect from Trump supporters. Personal attacks, but few intelligent thoughts on the actual issues. I can only assume that is because they don’t understand the actual issues and are fine with “Trust me, I’ll be great!” Talk about low information voters…

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 11:03 am
  • Trump has come out and said he would levy a 45% import tax on Chinese imports. This is exactly what the auto unions and Democrats wanted back in the 80s and 90s. This makes him really no different than Bernie Sanders at this point.

Remember this day folks. The world’s first anti-free market, anti-Reagan “Republican” is leading in the polls. But he’s not a plant… LOL

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 10:43 am
  • Ok, kept my mouth shut as long as I could. Then along came Sarah. It is definitely true that you can’t fix stupid. Obama has admitted on numerous occasions that he is muslim. I witnessed it on Dateline several years ago. Had the commentator not said, you mean your Christian faith, then obama would have kept going on about his muslim faith. Further obama bowed to a muslim king. He didn’t bow to the Queen of England but he did bow to a muslim king, which is a disgrace. He has stated at numerous news conferences that:

1. Muslims shaped the world we live in today.
    2. Islam is a religion he peace….and the list goes on and on. Perhaps you should watch some of Obamas speeches on the news.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 10:33 am
  • Here is some links.

Yes, it’s from multiple clips put together. I can’t remember any other president we had talk so much about muslims as Ofuka. A 4 year old would tell you his a muslim after watching all the times he defends them, talks about them, dresses like them as the picture showed and last bows to the muslim king. When will you liberals get it. You need to get off that “Yes We Can” say it backwards”Thank You Saten” trance your in.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 1:54 am
  • Dell… I still won’t call myself a liberal, because I’m not. I am a person who rejects labels, and I have my own opinions that don’t necessarily fit with your opinions or with the predominant party lines…

Can I just ask why it is even important to you whether or not Obama is a Muslim? I don’t care if he is, honestly, but I find it fascinating that you put so much significance on religion….

And it’s “Obama”. Wow. You may not agree with him, and that’s okay, but he is our current president and commander in chief… Show just a little respect. And I would say that even if he were a Republican… Go ahead and test me on that one when we have a Republican president.

The threading issue really needs to be fixed, though. Seriously. You are only saying you like it because you know it bothers me… So, really…. Grow up.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 1:30 am
  • Hernandoguy you said and “I quote I assume you have qualified for retirement and a free healthcare plan, courtesy of all taxpayers, as the result of your service. For that I say you’re welcome, as I serve every day.”
    First of all you have no right to say “You’re Welcome “for the medical services I receive through the VA.
    They aren’t free by any means. I earned them in and by my service to this country. Obviously you aren’t a veteran so I don’t expect someone like you to understand that. I signed a blank check with my life when I took my oath of enlistment just as every other proud veteran did. What you do have the right to say is “Thank You For Your Service” to every veteran you meet. You don’t provide them with any freebees. They earned what benefits they receive. You owe them a debt of gratitude for their service to keep you safe and free.
    Secondly, my question to you about your quote is how do you serve every day? In what capacity do you serve? Because for your information, not only did I serve my fellow Americans during my service in the military, I have also served as a Firefighter/EMT for most of my life. I had to retire from the fire service because of debilitating injuries on the job. So you had better come big when you say you serve every day.
    Also what qualifies you to decide what weapons a law abiding citizen needs or doesn’t need to defend their homes, families, and themselves? You said and I quote once again “But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”
    Who are you to dictate what a law abiding citizen is allowed to defend themselves with? Are you going to be able to limit what the bad guys use to assail the good guys? I think not. Please don’t give yourself the credit of thinking you have that right. You don’t. Nobody does. You have a problem with the AK-47, why don’t you really step up to the plate and take them from the bad guys instead of worrying about the good guys defending themselves with them? No of course not. Just like your illustrious liberal leader Nobama. All talk but no balls or action. I will tell you this, you would probably have a somewhat slim but better chance from trying to take a weapon from a bad guy than a veteran or patriot. That’s a fact.
    You need to get your head out of Nobama and Hitlery’s ass and into reality. Your liberalism is going to get you hurt or worse one day. Islam and other subversives will eat you up and spit you out.
    If and when a bad guy ever breaks into your home and threatens you and your family, make sure if he has an AK-47, that you don’t have one. You don’t need one. Maybe use a water pistol on him. That should do the trick.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 12:51 am
  • Tom, keep the threading issue as is, I like it. Sarah, still think you are not a Liberal? And a ignorant one at that if you think Ofuka is not a Muslim. Why don’t you check out that ring he has on his finger.

Saturday, 9 January 2016, 12:45 am
  • Hernandoguy, are you really that dense? First of all, the AK 47 is a fully automatic weapon. Automatic weapons are however HIGHLY regulated. Full auto weapons have been regulated with three different pieces of legislation. The first was the National Firearms Act of 1934, then the Gun Control Act of 1968, and finally the Hughes Amendment in 1986. In essence, what these three laws have done is to say respectfully that fully automatic firearms must be taxed and regulated, cannot be imported from outside the United States, and can no longer manufacture and/or register new/existing full auto weapons with the federal government (BATFE).

In order to legally own one, you must first find one that you wish to buy. For it to be legal, it must have been made and registered with the BATFE prior to 19 May 1986. These are what are known as transferrable NFA or Class III items. They can be owned by a civilian possessing a Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) Class 2 permit and the ATF is not just going to let you get one that easy unless you are an authorized dealer.

So the average person will not be able to own one.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 10:59 pm
  • 1. Tom, please please please get the threading issue taken care of?? It’s really annoying.

2. Jason & Sophia, you are far too reasonable to be arguing with some of these people…

3. I’m getting the sense that there are at least three people commenting here who are actually the same person.

Some thoughts:

Obama is not a Muslim and as far as I can tell he has never admitted to the public that he is.

Obama is not trying to take away your guns.

In order to be a true American, it is not required that you be a Republican or that you have served in the military.

Many people who have served in the military are not Republicans. … No, really… it’s a fact.

Just because someone disagrees with you, that doesn’t make them the enemy.

I think that reading the comments in this thread may have actually made me a little dumber.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 10:15 pm
  • Thanks Dell, got it! Chaz we aren’t paranoid, just didn’t drink the kool-aid .

Friday, 8 January 2016, 10:08 pm
  • “I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.

A president willing to take a stand

Friday, 8 January 2016, 9:55 pm
  • Pole Cat, here it is “Ofuka”

Friday, 8 January 2016, 9:31 pm
  • Proud veteran, please attach the most covincing link you have where Obama claims to be Muslim ( just one). I claim BS. I am a liberal and bought another gun this week, same procedure as last time. Still have my collection, still buying amo, and nobody has knocked on the door looking to take them. In fact, nobody has even remotely proposed to take them. Guess I don’t suffer the same paranoia as the above commenters

Friday, 8 January 2016, 9:19 pm
  • Sofia is obviously not an American, as anyone who thinks that Obama is not Muslim is of mere ignorance. FYI, Obama admitted to the public that he is a Muslim. You need to research topics a well as some of you other fools before speaking stupid. USAFFIREAWG and WIFE OF PROUD VETERAN, thank God there are true Americans out there. Obviously many on here truly never served or they would truly understand the serious danger the country is headed for. To those liberals, don’t call us when someone breaks into your home and you are helpless because Obama took away your guns and your right to own one. Oh and I never go to gun shows. I have what I need and I am sure Firedawg and Veterans wife and her husband are well stocked.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 8:29 pm
  • Wife of Another Veteran, thanks for the comments, o viouly a lot of people know nothing ut want to look mart on here. They do not seem to comprehend what they are reading. Hernando guy, I am not sure what you were reading in my post, but none of it is significant to what you are saying. I am completely against Obama taking away our rights to bear arms. So why are you saying I believe in the total opposite.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 8:08 pm
  • Wing nut, you dumb a**, I never made any such comment regarding the Iraq issue. That was not in my discussion. Go back to school you ignorant fool. Where did you serve your country, in prison? You are out numbered here.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 7:59 pm
  • Usafdawg, I thank you for your service,I am a veteran as well, your post, again right on. Dell I want to know. Tell us. Hernando guy, you are way beyond stupid, the whole DaMN world is at war, home and abroad , no guns for you, mental deffect thank your beloved Obummer for that. You serve every day, what restuarant, won’t go there.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 6:25 pm
  • USAFFire, we do appreciate your service. I only wish so many good American kids didn’t have to die for the lies perpetrated by the previous administration. I assume you were a volunteer as we are not at war, and received a lifetime of valuable experience and education as the result of your job. I assume you have qualified for retirement and a free healthcare plan, courtesy of all taxpayers, as the result of your service. For that I say you’re welcome, as I serve every day.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 3:51 pm
  • I have been using Obola for our dictator in chief and Hitlery for our wannabe dictator in chief for along time now. But this one will increase the blood pressure for our liberal commentators. I only say this one with my friends and they love it so much that they use it all the time. I should make this one a license trademark. Do you want to know what it is?

Friday, 8 January 2016, 3:23 pm
  • USAFFireDawg, lmao so true. From a fellow veteran. Thanks for your service.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 2:45 pm
  • BTW just curious to know how many of you Libtards ever had the courage to serve your country. Are any of you veterans? Probably not. But who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 11:54 am
  • Backwoods, you’re welcome. It was is and always will be an honor to uphold my oath of enlistment. As the saying goes…It has no expiration date.
    As for the libtards on here, I seriously pity you. You have your collective butts so far up Nobama and Hitlery’s butt that you can’s don’t and won’t see what is going on in this country. The left is turning it into a third world country and you cheer the radical change on.
    You support all the liberal moves to embrace Islam and discard the constitution along with the Bill of Rights.
    Maybe you should just seek out ISIS and go up to them and give them all a nice snug Tree Hugger’s embrace and tell them that you Accept them. Oh wait no…that’s right. You won’t be able to embrace anyone since you’ll be hog tied about to be beheaded. But maybe just before they liberate your bodies from your liberal heads, you can tell them you accept them. You’ll be so glad you didn’t have any horrible guns on you either to defend yourselves because that would go against your libtard tenets.
    Hopefully some time before all that happens you will get a chance to meet Jane Fonda and Bruce (Caitlin) Jenner to congratulate them being considered for Woman of the Century and recipient of the Award for Courage by your Islamic Libtard leader Nobama.

Friday, 8 January 2016, 11:53 am
  • USAF and Vet Wife, great post, also a USAF Vet. Thank You for your service!

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 6:03 pm
  • Wife of another Proud Veteran, you should go in to politics. You take a statement about politics and turn it to an attack on the military. Just proves my point. Bravo.

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 5:38 pm
  • USARFIREDAWG,Thank you, lots of good posts on here, however YOUR post tells it like it should be told.Excellent, We will stand shoulder to shoulder with you any day as we stand with any Veteran and their families . Radicalized SOPHIA , you are sick in the head. if you can’t stand behind OUR MILITARY, please feel free to stand in front of them.No you would be the the one running to hide under a rock.You have a lot of guts calling military people Radicalized, after all they have fought,died,lost limbs so you can speak your mind. You are another liberal. IN GOD WE TRUST , GOD BLESS AMERICA ! DONE, this is sick.

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 3:33 pm
  • YSAF. Many liberals are proud gun owners and support the 2nd amendment. The 2 nd amendment is not absolute. If it were, we would all own rpg’s and anti aircraft missles. Simple background checks are not an breach on our rights as they are required in almost every established gun shop in America

I agree with Hernandoguy. The Republican Party is a dying breed as per Lindsay Grahm. Young educated voters are liberal and the angry old white men are dying off

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 3:20 pm
  • Jason your a plant smh propaganda at it’s worst. Fake

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 2:25 pm
  • USAFFireDawg is a great example of the problem with politics in this country. Some American’s take politics to the point of calling other American’s the enemy, just because they do not agree with them. Sad that some get so radicalized like that.

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 1:00 pm
  • Hernandoguy, Wife of another Proud Veteran asked you a poignant question. Have you ever served in the United States military?
    You didn’t answer that question and I was kind of also wondering what the answer is.
    You are obviously a staunch Liberal Obama supporter who like all the rest of you, launch into profiling anyone who opposes Obama or Hillary or any of the other Liberal pols.
    ProudVeteran’s opinion and views differ from yours so you post accusative statements about him which you come up with from a profile you have put together about him. Not only do I question your veteran status, I would also like to know if you have any professional experience in Profiling people.
    I also oppose Obama and Hillary and Pelosi and any other liberal politician. Does that also make me an old white guy who is also a racist?
    You have qualified every stereotype ever given to Libtards. When someone opposes your way of thinking, you profile them and label them as Racists and old white men. I guess Dr. Ben Carson is also a liberal old white guy.
    The reason for most veterans being conservative Republicans as opposed to Liberal Democrats is because people like you are in favor of all the things that we have served and fought for. Your ideals not only violate the constitution but our oath of enlistment that we swore. None of us ever served to preserve Socialism or Communism nor did we ever swear allegiance to our tyrannical government. What part of our oath DOES include, is we will uphold the constitution of the United States of America and defend this nation from all foreign and domestic enemies. One of the things that makes you liberals enemies against the United States of America is you are all willing to circumvent the Constitution in order to satisfy your liberal agenda. When a liberal doesn’t like something they want it abolished. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks or wants. Just as long as it satisfies the liberal. Prayer offends you so we have to abolish it. Guns offend you so you want them taken from those who cherish their 2nd amendment right to own one and defend themselves. The list goes on and on.
    I and most of the veterans like me, will always stand and fight against the liberal destruction of this once great nation.
    God Bless America!

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 11:48 am
  • Interest little quiz!
    Try it it might surprise you!

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 10:09 am
  • Ungowa, the only people dumb enough to belive Trump is a Christian are those that also believe Obama is a Muslim.

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 8:53 am
  • *doesn’t missed that one

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 6:15 am
  • Veteran wife, Trump recently compared Bill Clinton to Bill Cosby, who drugged and raped woman. He has made attacking Bill Clinton part of his campaign. So your comment should be directed at Trump “Bill Clinton is not running so it doeskin matter”

Thanks for all your blessings, but some of us are good with facts and science

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 6:13 am
  • The corporations and lobbyists run America anyway so it would be nice to at least have an entertaining figurehead run our country. Barack was boring and we all know paint watches Hillary dry, so why not put The Donald in for 8 years?

Thursday, 7 January 2016, 12:29 am
  • hernandoguy, that is true that Bush signed more EOs than Obola but you forgot to mention that he uses EOs by another name also. They are called memoranda. He has issued 198 presidential memoranda as of December 17, all carry the same legal force as EOs. So between them two, Obola is on track to take more executive actions than any president since Harry Truman.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 11:43 pm
  • Ungowa right on! Proud Veteran, sorry for the sick post from the stupid person!! Hernando Dude, you ever served your country? I say no, your just a bag of hot air.Sam good question, and with all due respect Jason, I am surprised at your answer, but that’s why it’s still called America . I am not saying Trump is the best answer, but if Hitlery wins, we are definitely lost.One more thing Hernando Dude, Bill Clinton is not running, so doesn’t matter if he can stand up to Trump or not, get it?? So I am done, thanks for reading, God help us and GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 10:01 pm
  • Jason, That is fine! I take it as support for the DNC candidate! Which I despise more than the GOP! Both stink, both have driven us to the brink, but the democrats do it faster!

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 9:31 pm
  • There’s no need to respond. I already gave my answer. Take from it what you want. Having an R next to one’s name doesn’t automatically make they worthy of my vote. I spent 5 years in the Republican Executive Committee, and grudgingly voted for a few Rs along the way that made me sick. Not doing it anymore….

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 9:11 pm
  • Jason, Yup, I said I only had one question until you responded! So then I ask another, which seems reasonable to me! If you chose not to answer I guess that is your right! Personal Trump won’t get my vote in the primary, but if he is the GOP candidate he will in the general! Remember don’t complain if Hillary wins!

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 8:48 pm
  • Sam, I thought you only had one question for me. I’m not going to vote for Trump. I just can’t.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 8:27 pm
  • Proud Veteran gets all of his news from Disinfo Wars and its a conspiracy if you question him. When you break it down, I think you will find he is an angry old white man who openly won’t admit he is racist, and has Trump like feelings toward woman.

I keep waiting for the world to end and Obama to take away all my guns, he better hurry, only one year left!! The first step to taking guns away is to make sure felons or the mentally ill can’t buy them at gun shows, How dare he and his executive orders!!! Proud Veteran, get on your “top secret” computer and see who has issued more executive orders, Bush or Obama?

I think Trump is a Democratic plant. Too good to be true!! Trump- Palin Who’s in????

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 8:21 pm
  • Hillary Clinton couldn’t say “Trust me I’ll be great”.Cause we all know that would be a lie. I find it amazing that someone would want a lying carpetbagger as President. Sad that ‘s what the Democrats have to offer.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 7:55 pm
  • proud veteran is the reason some animals eat their young. You think Benghazi was a scandal and not the Iraq invasion?? Go back to your info wars and other brain dead activities. I think obamas gun show background check would weed you and dell out. WOW!

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 7:42 pm
  • Jason, Will give you full vote to Hillary or just half?? Either way you seem to want more of what we have! How much worse could Trump make it?

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 7:38 pm
  • Sophia, as far as religion goes, just what do you think we have in office now, you most certainly need to open your eyes and ears. And jason a political analyst you are not my friend, what a bunch of crap your are spewing and as you can tell most here are not buying it. Maybe you can get a job with hillary after the election, she may need a boy toy.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 7:28 pm
  • Well in defense of Billary, there was a miscommunication between he and Monica.
    He never told her to lie in deposition. He told her “Monica, lie in this position.” LOL

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 7:26 pm
  • And that’s a shame. That’s a great example of why separation of Church & State is so important. We’re not electing a new pope. We’re electing a president.
    Glad you brought this topic up. Great observation.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 7:25 pm
  • Wow really! I thought this was a site that covers HERNANDO COUNTY news ….. politics should not be expressed as everyone has their own opinion as you can see by all the sarcastic and lame comments
    we see enough political debate on tv now we have to read it on your site!

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 7:21 pm
  • Another stumbling block to a Trump victory is his religion, or lack thereof. I don’t see a non-religious person being elected.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 6:52 pm
  • Sam, no, I won’t. Jim, I’m not in charge of the editing that is done to the articles after they are submitted. Not all of the wording is original, and I spelled “polls” and “undoubtedly” correctly. Proud Veteran, everyone knows Hillary’s past, because she’s been in the political spotlight for 20+ years. This is pretty much Trump’s first foray into the political arena.

I provide facts with my personal views injected into the piece. You don’t have to like it, and I’m not really here to convince you way or another. At the end of the day, everyone has to make up their own minds on what they think is right.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 6:49 pm
  • Well said PROUD VETERAN, Trump is are only choice to take this country back.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 6:32 pm
  • Jason, it is ironic that in your editorial you not once discussed or mention Hitlery’s past. So let’s just recap, Why have you not discussed her involvement in the Benghazi scandal? Why have you not discussed her email scandal? There are numerous past comments made by Hitlery proving her to be a liar. What about her hubby Billy Bob, Oh how we all remember Monica Lewinski. Yet you state that Trump called him a great President and Hitler a great Senator.Why not add what a great Secretary of State she was. Let’s make her a hero just like Obama made Jane Fonda. Mr. Trump is a regular citizen, he is a citizen for the people. He is not a polititian, he speaks his mind, he tells it like it is. We are tired of false promises that every president has made. We are tired of polititians running our Government. Mr. Trump is not afraid to tell it like it is and that Offends the Democratic Liberals. He is not one to back up into a corner. He will fight for the people and give us back everything that Obama took away from us. It was never heard of taking prayer out of schools. Recently a football coach was suspended because his team prayed before a game, what kind of communistic BS was that. Americans have had the right to bear arms for many, many years, and now this ass hole comes into OUR WHITE HOUSE and wants to take that away. Before Obama was president there was rarely heard of someone going and shooting down people, it was rarely heard of cops shooting down blacks, it was rarely heard of racial unrest for many years. Until Obama took office. We had no problems with Muslims before then, as a matter of fact, Muslims were hardly ever mentioned. Now we have a Muslim for a president and we must all BOW down to his every whim. I can go on and on about my did satisfaction to this American Communistic Regime we now live under. I proudly served my country and now feel we must serve it as well here stateside. Never in all my years have I been so discouraged by our Country than I am now. Never have I ever seen so many people buying guns because of their fear of what Obama and Hitlery are about to deliver to this country. My friends, please, be prepared, as it will get worse, way worse, unless Donald Trump is elected President. I trust him and believe in him. He is the only one who I truly believe will give us back our country. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 6:15 pm
  • It’ll come down to whether Americans want 4 more years of a failed President by voting for Clinton, as for Trump, Sure he’s not the best choice But, People don’t want Hillary, So saying he can’t win is truly understated, he can. People are just sick of this administration and it’s policies!, So I say anyone but Clinton, and no one really knows it’ll be Trump, So lets wait and see who the nominees will be.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 6:13 pm
  • Jason. Was this a homework assignment written to prove you are a loyal establishment Republican? In other words, a RINO? If so, you did a great job. Next time, be a little more careful with the proofing. For example, paragraph one “According to the poles….” Tent poles? Fire poles? Polish people? Or “his past will “undoubtable” come back to haunt him.”

Also, do some original research on Trump. Try his 2011 book Time To Get Tough. Think about the 1.1 trillion dollar omnibus budget recently passed by a congress with a Republican majority. I too am a lifelong Republican and conservative. The truth is there is no real difference between Republicans and Democrats in Washington. Most politicians have become corrupt. They are ruling against the will of those who elected them.

Trump scares the ruling class because he is different. He doesn’t need the bribes. Could it be that he is just concerned about the hoards that are streaming into this country and the fact that we are nearly bankrupt? No one is saying that Trump is a conservative. We call people like Paul Ryan a conservative. It took him just 6 weeks as the new Speaker of the House to sell his country down the river. Trump could only be an improvement.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 5:33 pm
  • Won’t you all be surprised when #BernieSanders2016 runs away with the whole thing? He speaks the truth, isn’t owned by either party, or their backers, and actually has a plan that will make America great again. He had a record number of contributers, contributions, and rally attendees.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 5:11 pm
  • Jason, My only question to you is if Donald wins the GOP nomination will you vote for him in the general election?

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 4:39 pm
  • Sophia, I’m on the verge of becoming an independent as well. If Trump is the standard bearer for the Republican Party, I’d rather be with you as an indy.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 4:29 pm
  • I disagree, I believe Trump can beat Hitlery in a fair election without any rigging of the voter machines in key districts. She has so much baggage more than any other candidate running. I was skeptical at first since his history with Clinton but the more I see him being attacked by both parties and along with telling the truth no matter what anybody thinks. That shows me something to look forward to rather then relying on the payed off candidates we have.

Now you all know that the lamestream media follow Trump around so they can report and spread what he saids to the TV outlets. And you all know when he makes radio interviews around the country those interviews are prepared in advance before the interview date.

Now here is what I find very interesting on the very same day of the San Bernardino shooting Trump has an radio interview with Alex’s show and not a peep of it was even mentioned about the interview in the TV outlets only on a few Internet news websites. The shooting took away attention from Trump’s interview with Alex. I don’t believe in coincidence but can’t have the sheeple watching that interview they may grow a brain and ask questions. Here is the link to that interview with over a million views now.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 4:23 pm
  • We are likely to see some wild swings during this primary season and polling for the general election is hard to predict this far out. However, there is no doubt that Trump carries a lot of baggage, up to the level of Clinton or beyond and that baggage is not from things in the 1990s. He creates new baggage daily.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 4:07 pm
  • Hillary can’t satisfy her own husband and you really expect her to satisfy the American people. Her new pantsuit should be orange with a # on it.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 4:03 pm
  • Another odd thing about Trump is he is advocating anti-free market protectionism. I never thought I’d see a Republican support that. What’s next? Cats and dogs sleeping together?

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:57 pm
  • Jason, Republicans tossed out Reagan’s 11th Commandment with the advent of the Tea Party. In 2008, I suddenly became a RINO. Now I call myself an independent. That move has done wonders for my ability to see through all of the partisan BS and personal attacks.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:54 pm
  • food locker, let us not forget, Bill Clintons approval rating surpassed even Ronald Reagan’s at the end of his 2nd term. Bill Clinton can handle himself just fine from the juevinille insults Trump will throw.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:50 pm
  • Sophia, I agree with you. If Trump had a D next to his name (as he should), he wouldn’t have the same support he has now. It’s like certain people give candidates a pass just because of the party they’re registered with. I knew ahead of time that I’d get attacked by conservatives for writing this, it’s kinda funny how conservatives willingly cannibalize their own when someone dissents against their guy.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:48 pm
  • Geri, I’d be happy to show you my party registration information. I’ve been a registered Republican since I turned 18. Unfortunately, it appears you’re just another Trump apologist that refuses to acknowledge any of the negatives about him. If he was a Democrat, I doubt you’d be singing to the same tune.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:20 pm
  • Take Hillary to the curb with the trash. That woman has more garbage than the truck that picks up my trash every Tuesday and Friday. And make sure Hillary gets taken away with the trash or the whole neighborhood will start to stink!

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:15 pm
  • I still find it amazing that Trump, who was a life long Democrat, likes the single payer health care system and runs on a platform of “trust me, I’ll be great” has become the Republican favorite. smh.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:05 pm
  • Don’t worry. There is no way Trump can get the nomination. Not a single vote has been cast, and polls this early are highly unreliable. Rasmussen especially (just ask Karl Rove who is still counting the votes in Ohio..).

Look for Bush or Rubio to surge around the time we get to Texas. They are the only two who are likely to take Florida, and with the demographics of the electoral college this year, you don’t win the general without winning Florida.

Keep in mind, that while Clinton did not win the popular vote, only one Republican has in the past six elections.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 3:00 pm
  • Jason Jason Jason, get over it. All of our politicians are screwed up and Trump is the person to kick ass and hopefully fire a bunch of people. Clintons husband was inspected for lying and her track record is filled with lies. Just another obuma in disguise.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 2:56 pm
  • Trump not only can win he will win .Hillary is the only one who had an election handed too her and lose is to a nobody because of her arrogance an stupidity of her handlers. the too big to fail group. And with her ace in the hole husband BILL, she will surly lose.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 2:49 pm
  • Jason Marshall is, undoubtedly, a Democrat. All the negative things he’s mentioned about Mr. Trump have been from ages ago. People can change their minds on how they feel about certain things, depending on other factors that have occured. Mrs. Clinton, on the other hand, has been cauight consistenly lieing about so many things, that it is so hard to keep up with them.

Mr Marshall shouldn’t count on polls for percentages of people and the way they view the candidates, as we have seen in the past, these polls don’t really tell anything. I, for one, don’t answer my phone when I see an out of my area phone number. I would rather keep my opinion to myself and a lot of my friends feel the same.

We really need someone that isn’t indebted to so many people that aren’t interested in making our country great again but for their own personal gain and power.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 2:40 pm
  • Oh Jason, keep telling yourself those things as you crawl back under that rock.

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 2:16 pm