Over a Dozen Arrested During Drug Raid on Spring Hill Home

SPRING HILL –The Sheriff’s Office receives dozens of criminal complaints each day and many of those are related to drug activity within our community. People often contact RNRF asking “Why isn’t the Sheriff’s Office doing anything about the drug dealing?” As a reporter on the streets of Hernando County, I can guarantee that local law enforcement is following up and investigating each and every complaint.

There are reasons why you may not always see an immediate response by law enforcement. In some cases detectives are already surveilling a location, or it may be connected to a much larger investigation.

Proving that tenacity and perseverance pay off, the Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of more than a dozen suspects during the execution of a search warrant on New Azora Road.

According to reports, the Selective Enforcement Unit, Warrants Detectives, K-9, and even Detention Deputies assisted the Vice and Narcotics Unit during a raid Friday, resulting in 13 drug related arrests.

The following suspects were taken into custody and face numerous charges in connection with various drug related crimes.

32-year-old Bryan Morgenstern, 31-year-old Natalie Dennison, 39-year-old Kevin Mills, 50-year-old Danielle Parker, 51-year-old George Rand, 23-year-old Kendrick Smiley, 27-year-old Anthony Tompkins, 63-year-old Joao Martins, 63-year-old Henry Porch, 51-year-old Michael Mann, 29-year-old Kenneth Mason, 25-year-old Ashley Stanley, and 54-year-old Joseph Simpson.

Crack Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and Heroin were among the types of drugs seized during the raid. Most of the charges were for sales and possession of those drugs.

Officials say the case is still under investigation and additional arrests are pending.

arrests

Comments
  • Omg ashley Stanley is my classmate from middle school to high school I loved her like a,sister I swear this has,me in tears

Monday, 28 September 2015, 11:39 am
    • Why you cryin over a crackhead? Lol #Idiots

Friday, 18 August 2017, 7:53 am
  • Peace love and happiness

Saturday, 26 September 2015, 9:21 pm
  • Boschamps, your such a chump. Go back to massivechewshitz

Saturday, 26 September 2015, 1:03 pm
  • These comments are funny….who in their right mind would stick up for these VARMENTS…Joe Simpson….big efn loser….just like the spring hill talkers….howe du u no day on drugz day r mie frends..u peepo nead a life..u wurnt deer..unreal you foolish wannabe thugs….none of you so called thugs have a clue…..this place is a joke COWTOWNE USA….keep the scum in jail…

Friday, 25 September 2015, 9:45 pm
  • Go away Tony, and I’ll say it again, go away Tony

Friday, 25 September 2015, 4:52 pm
  • Don’t they EXECUTE people over in Asian countries for having these type of drugs u look at the arrest records today
    I don’t think there is help

Friday, 25 September 2015, 11:36 am
  • Tae, or is it Taequanisha, or maybe Taevon, or whatever, you got lucky when that group got nailed. You must have been sleeping in your car somewhere. Next time they will get your a** too. Hey 38 I like your comments.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 10:36 am
  • LP… ((( again))) since you asked what makes me different blah blah…. I LIKE TO READ EVERYONES
    COMMENTS, wether I agree or not.
    My issue isn’t with comments or opinions, my issue was with people stating things about strangers, degrading and nasty statements about someone’s life and personal character, as if it were fact.
    Thank you for pointing out what a comment section was for!
    You seem like you just like to be a negative individual, and enjoy being catty and insulting, towards people you (or I for that matter) know nothing of. Now you are repeatedly calling me out, as if I was trashing anyone, which I wasn’t.
    Have at it.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 12:39 am
  • Toney the only place that is safe for you is Heaven. Die already. I love hernando county. If you dont. step.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:44 pm
  • Yo Toney. Anthony. You need to read the New York daily news or the Post. 20 murders in the city last week. ya last week. 12 from gunshots to the head. Go back. I dont like people cutting my town down. You know. Be true to your school and all that. Im gonna call you pissant. Piss anthony. Crime. Hill. Say it again. Get on 95 drive south. right of the pier. Then swim to Cuba.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:25 pm
  • This article makes it seem like a giant raid took down big time dealers.. and that just isn’t the case (like u said, KIM, basically low man on the totem pole) it’s basically just addicts supporting their habit. I’m sure a lot of money went into this BIG SWEEP. Maybe it will lead to the big fish, who knows..

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 6:13 pm
  • Bypass the judge send them back to their maker and let Him be the judge

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 5:39 pm
  • Not sure WHERE my message got lost, probably in my long winded responses
    In short, my point is YOU DONT KNOW who does and doesn’t want help, there aren’t options here for people that DO want and need help.
    I don’t support drug dealing in any way. I just believe that a revolving door at the jail is NOT the answer in most cases. If someone is addicted, jailed for a short time and released, they will most likely be right back at it, and selling to support themselves and their habits. I think a few months in jail followed by a few months in rehab would CHANGE things, rather then a few days in jail then probation followed by violation…
    This county needs DRUG REHAB, AND job training for people when they DO get released from jail and or rehab.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 5:34 pm
  • Hey iam I feel you but I really do know most of them and they are scummies. They will lie cheat steal and rat to save their own a***s. They are low in Hernando’s dope chain as I said b4 get the distributees and I’ll give hsco a big hell yeah. Junkies are easy to catch . give the Russians and the Mexicans a shot . cut off the head of the snake

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 3:45 pm
  • I think all you people don’t look at the bigger picture here. All these people need HELP NOT IMPRISONMENT!! I’ve been on both sides and it’s hard either way you look at it. You get denied help because people look at you and be like OMG look at the junkie like you have cooties. Addiction is a disease and it is sooo hard to get sober but it is even harder to stay sober. Then you have people who know nothing but the streets because that’s how they were raised. No matter how hard they try they just can’t get off of them. Then you have a person like me who comes from a wealthy family and always had expensive things and excepted by the community. Well I moved down here to Florida and lost it all. I have no home I’m addicted to pills and Meth I lost my kids my family and have no home. I have no friends so I have no where to go. I didn’t choose this life I just kinda fell into it. So for you peoe to judge someone and you don’t know the situation that’s what is disgusting. Whats disgusting is you can cry and complain on here but no one does anything to help. Like try and petition the town for more homeless shelters or rehab centers to people with no insurance and means of payment. I mean how do u expect people to want to be helped in a town of no help.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:14 am
  • JERSEY GIRL; You are 100% dead-on correct! As you stated, look at the age spread of those arrested. Most if not all of them DO NOT want help, they’re happy to live the life THEY CHOSE. And because the courts consider this non-violent crime, most of them will not be sent to prison. So they’ll continue to rob, steal, and sell whatever drugs that they don’t swallow themselves. And they will escalate on to more crime, including violent, with no regard for the innocent people around them. To everyone who thinks these are just poor mis-understood people that are being “picked on” by law enforcement; Why don’t YOU step up and volunteer to take them into YOUR HOME to live until they can get straight? See if you trust them around your children, see how long before your personal property winds up at the pawn shop, and how long before all their junkie friends start coming over to “visit”. I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 8:04 am
  • LP
    I don’t know why I’m bothering by responding to your comment.. but how can you compare what I said to a keyboard warrior?
    Seeing as how I didn’t insult people, judge or destroy anyone’s character, or belittle anyone
    On the contrary, I spoke of a HUGE problem, and the NEED for resources needed to HELP people.
    I in no way shape or form said anything remotely close to your accusations, therefore I think you, MY FRIEND, and your condescending comments are invalid.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 7:38 am
    • @YouKnowNotOfWhatYouSpeak, says the keyboard worrier, go back and read what you wrote about everyone commenting on stories on this site. Then look at all Your comments, what makes you any different everyone else making a comment? That is why Tom mad a place on this website , For Comments, not just yours!

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 10:03 pm
  • Danielle and her husband who just got arrested 2 days ago for the same charges, that had people in and out of their house every single day buying and selling pills with kids in their house too!!!! Karma is a bitch isn’t it Danielle and Charlie Parker! Lmao!!!!!

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 4:39 am
  • Peter b, you need to get a life.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 12:06 am
  • I think I’m in love with a Jersey Girl lol.

Thursday, 24 September 2015, 12:00 am
  • Hey JERSEY GIRL want to meet for coffee sometime?

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:59 pm
  • Tae, you are one simple minded dumb a**. You are ignorant and most likely uneducated. Any idiot who would support these useless pieces of crap is just as bad and belongs in prison where many of these will now most likely end up.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:58 pm
  • I speak from experience! Not all of them are bad people I know them all and have dealt with each one individually. Now I’m not saying that Joe or a few of the others need to be locke d away for life. But some can be rehabilitated. I have been gone from Hernando over a year and clean . thank you hsco for baker acting me by the way . But I still know these are all low on the dope chain. Get the Mexicans or the Russians then I’ll be impressed. These are just your everyday junkies.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:47 pm
  • If someone wants to buy drugs then let them,who are you to judge? Live your life and let everyone live theirs,stop the war on drugs and focus on the child molesters and crooked cops smh -MacTooReal

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 10:45 pm
  • Crime Hill, And I’ll say it again, CRIME HILL!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 9:20 pm
  • Turns out this article is incomplete and inaccurate i been waiting for a correction. its written as if there was a huge drug bust at one single property on new azora rd or something however it was apparently a county wide warrent sweep on drug offenders not a long survalliance sting as suggested,they were all unrelated arrests look at the hcso web site.this stunt was most likly to boost creditability at b.o.c.c meeting over the buget,just as the story over nichlosons sex scandal with a crack whore conviently from 3 years ago mysteriousky comes to light,guess al and nick were buds then i guess so al swept it under the rug, but uncle al now is singing what have you done for me LATLY? wink wink nick you shoukd of had your skank grease ol als pipe huh?.also if you correct the story can you find out why the same guy arrested on deltona was released if he had reason to be rearrested on a warrent?

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 8:55 pm
  • Trace I agree
    I tend to get long winded and type too much when I feel so passionately on a subject.
    Jail… then what
    It doesn’t matter they aren’t teenagers
    What matters is, if people with addictions had an Option for treatment things could be totally different

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 8:31 pm
  • Free them all ??

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 8:20 pm
  • This county wants to beef up police force, yet remain to do
    Nothing for the mental heslth issues out there that lead to drug use, let alone rehabilitation for those who truly want to get clean. The answer is NOT just to just them all in jail!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 8:15 pm
  • DID ANYONE NOTICE THE AGE OF THESE PEOPLE? WE ARE NOT DEALING WITH TEENAGERS ANYMORE. 20’S,30’S,40’S.50’S,60’S……SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. DOES ANYONE THINK IT MAY BE COMING FROM PAIN MANAGEMENT PLACES? THERE NEEDS TO BE STRONGER LAWS WITH ALL OF THIS. IT HAS BECOME OUT OF HAND. THANK YOU HSCO AND LEO FOR KEEPING US SAFE.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 7:27 pm
  • The one guy was arrested not even 2 wks ago off Deltona at his own house in a raid. A little over 1,000ft from Fox Chapel Middle School. He was the one where they took a dog out of his house cuz the jaw line was deteriorating and he had green goo coming out of his eye and the nails were so long, they wrapped under his paw.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 6:23 pm
  • Tae and Jr go back to the hood, your bro will be out soon, unfortunately

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 5:07 pm
  • Some of you people, are so incredibly small minded, cruel and judgemental. I can’t imagine you SAYING these things to peoples faces. Keyboard warriors.
    Also, IF YOU are such a pillar of society, how about doing something positive for your community? Sitting behind a screen throwing insults isn’t exactly productive.
    If you are so concerned about the tarnishing of your town, PERHAPS, u should invest some time and energy into looking for ways to improve the community.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 4:41 pm
    • @YouKnowNotOfWhatYouSpeak: Why are you any different from anyone else typing there opinion on this page you call “keyboard worriers”, you my friend are one too, you are no different, you are hiding behind your “keyboard” as well

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 9:24 pm
  • Great. Looks like they arrested a bunch of drug addicts. How is that going to make spring hill better? How is that going to get the drugs out of Hernando County?

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 4:21 pm
  • Guilty by association comes to mind! Personally I wouldn’t want a junkie for a “friend”, no matter what other “benefits” she might have to offer.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 3:49 pm
  • We don’t know which suspect was charged with what degree of drug-related offense, some as repeat offenders (as mentioned elsewhere) or even if they’re guilty (no matter what we believe on the surface). That’s for the courts to decide,

One case, in particular, involves a guy I know where his “friend” left her drug paraphernalia in his vehicle. He was stopped later for a minor traffic infraction (tail light out and drifting slightly over the right side of the road) and the paraphernalia was found. He was charged for the drug-related crime. Is it fair to call him “scum”? Would you say that to his face? How about calling ANYONE else “ugly” to their face? Hiding behind the anonymity of a keyboard and spewing venom is just not nice.

Kudos to the HCSO and all LEO who work tirelessly to keep us safe. Much respect!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 3:09 pm
  • FYI
    Don’t say “I speak from experience” when you follow it by “someone I knew..” You clearly have no idea.
    I am NOT defending anyone here. I am stating facts when I say; MOST people, or offenders, aren’t OFFERED “help” they are forced to go to a ridiculous class once a week about drugs.
    With the OVERWHELMING drug problems here in hernano county, I am baffled, and sickened that there are NO resources for people that WANT help. And people referred to get some form of help by the state (wether it be legally, or by the state for family issues) are put on a waiting list of 6-12 months before even being considered. THAT is disgusting. But I guess having people in and out of jail is more financially profitable for the county, rather than actually CHANGING and saving lives.
    Glad they got these individuals, but that’s a short term fix.
    After jail, then what? Back to dope slanging with no other job skills, a record, and no drug and life rehabilitation.
    Hernando County REALLY needs INTENSIVE Substance Abuse and Addiction resources. How many people have to die, lose their families, their children and the potential to have a productive future, before there is some kind of CHANGE. SMH

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 2:44 pm
  • All of them fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 11:54 am
  • They need a special place for people like this , bc they just get back out in society and repeat the same offense over and over.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 9:46 am
  • Ease up Tae, we know you’re not really like that, it’s your “meds withdrawal” talking! Did these arrests put your dealer in jail? If so, you should be getting shakey any time now. Jumpy, jittery, can’t sleep, can’t sit still. Yeah, I can see it coming. ENJOY!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 6:40 am
  • YEAH WHAT TAE SAYS!!! FREE THEM ALL!!!!!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 1:32 am
  • Why y’all think it’s funny to talking about ppl. Y’all need to get a fucking life.. You low life pieces of shit. Ain’t got nothing better to do just like the damm cops. Mind your own damn business. Free them all.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 12:13 am
    • So, which one are you in the picture?

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 2:58 am
    • If more people were like the cops there would be less trash in this town. I am sure if you call there are visiting hours you can go visit your friends.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 1:52 pm
    • Here’s the problem with your ‘solution’ — “Free them all.”; the bulk of these so-called ‘victimless crimes’ aren’t victimless. Most of the people doing crack, meth or junk, are supporting their habits by ripping of the system via abuse of assorted welfare benefits or SSI. If they aren’t ripping off the taxpayers that way, then they’re engaging is other criminal activties such as hooking or simple thieving.

If a person wants to destroy their own life and not harm anyone else in the process, be it their children, spouses or other family or the faceless taxpayers who have to deal with increased expenses due to increased insurance premiums or material losses — fine. But that’s not how it works.

Addicts destroy their lives and health, they cause property values to fall, they endanger those around them by their activities and otherwise harm the well being of the community at large.

Friday, 25 September 2015, 7:24 pm
  • Great job HCSD. Please keep up the great work and another 13 off the streets. Thanks for your hard work.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 10:16 pm
  • Great job by Sheriff Al’s TEAM to round up this crew of scum. Just think the head of the county commission won’t talk talk to the sheriff regarding his 2016 budget but has time to chase whores and hang out at Pasco Strip Clubs. Give him our tax money and cut all the other waste Mr. N.
    I want to see these scum balls housed in a big tent out on a vacant farm with the sun beating down on them (like Sheriff Joe does in AZ.). NO A/C, no big screen TV’s, no buffet lines and portable johns with showers provided by portable water trucks.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:31 pm
  • Now we have to incarcerate them for $50 k a year each. That’s more than othe average teacher, policemen and firefighter make per year. Money well spent? I’m still on the fence about that one. I never take joy in seeing others fail in society, especially in my own backyard.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:20 pm
  • no bail keep them in jail,these dirtbags are the lowest scum.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:20 pm
  • Maybe instead of jail or prison or just releasing them some of these people should have been offered rehab on their first offense and maybe just maybe that could have changed the outcome for some of these people that have addictions. Not all people that have a drug problem are scum of the earth. Drug addiction is a sad disease. .. yes it is a disease, it’s a mental disorder that most can not overcome on their own. So all you people that throw stones at glass houses look in the mirror, you are not perfect and I pray that you never have a loved one going through this.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:19 pm
    • @KYM, That’s such crap, these people (most of them), had their drug classes, many times, and right back in they go, over and over again, how many drug classes do you suggest? Did you bother to look up how many times some of these scumb#gs have been arrested for the same thing? Don’t we waste enough money in the courts and government already? Some people can’t be fixed!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 6:28 am
      • I agree. If you are a first timer they offer all kinds of assistance. Drugs classes etc. I did have a family member go through it so I am speaking from expierence. It is a horrible disease but if you wanted the help it is there. These people are multiple offenders they are not looking for help. Sorry but that’a a fact!

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 1:48 pm
        • “Fact” – “These people are multiple offenders”. Don’t think I’m misconstruing your meaning. By “these people” are you suggesting ALL OF THEM are repeat offenders? I can tell you for a “fact” that is not the case.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 3:14 pm
    • Sad thing is that they first have to want the help and none of these people seem to want it. And most are old enough to be Grand parents. So sad…….

Saturday, 26 September 2015, 9:07 pm
    • I’m with you Kim. Jail is overpopulated and most time after serving a sentence they’re back on the street, can’t get a job because they are felons. Rehabilitate and get them jobs even if it’s at goodwill. Idle hands and minds the nightmare disease continues. I just lost my son last month. He tried rehab 5x, couldn’t get a job, no license and 41 yrs old. Now the family will forever mourn such a loss. Artistic in tats and brains that could have taken hm places if drugs didn’t get a hold of him. More education and rehab not more Jail.

Saturday, 5 November 2016, 8:39 pm
  • FYI, these subjects were all “Drug Dealers” throughout Hernando County selling drugs, and all picked up on a Warrant Round up after months of investigation.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 9:10 pm
  • Well, well, well, I see Bryan Morgenstern couldn’t stay out of trouble long!! SHOCKER!! Grrrrrrreat job HCSO!! WOOP WOOP!!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 8:10 pm
  • Don!t these people look in the mirror every day and see what this s$%^ is doing to them? And i bet at least half are on welfare.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 8:07 pm
  • JOSEPH SIMPSON ARRESTED AGAIN, HOW MANY FOR HIM. FIFTY SOMETHING DRUG RELATED CHARGES, COME ON STATE DO SOMETHING….

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 8:06 pm
  • This was last week, I’m sure they are all out doing “it” again, what about all the arrests, the last couple weeks that were on “REMAND; HOLD; CIVIL; FEDERAL CHARGE; NO CCH ENTRY ” From 9/17 from the US Marshal’s Office were they illegals?, Tom?, that’s the 2nd batch I’ve seen in the last 2 months about 20 altogether

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 7:44 pm
  • Sorry that should of been right and not left side.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 7:14 pm
  • Remember the guy in the top row second from left in the black shirt with white text was arrested just recently for the same thing and here he is again making a cameo appearance in yet another drug bust…How many times can you do this and not get put in prison for long periods of time?

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 7:13 pm
  • Now if only being ugly was also a crime… Sheesh…

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:51 pm
  • Disgrace to society. Most if not all are adicts and will never change. Good work HCSO!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:47 pm
  • Wasent the 4th guy on the top already locked up from that last raid that was just over 1000 ft from the school?im sure i saw him on this site before i really think it was for the same thing not to long ago

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:32 pm
  • Bakers dozen

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:17 pm
  • Tom Lemons – This is the story I’ve been waiting on! THANK YOU!! 🙂

Great job HCSO, another job well done! Keep up the good work!! 🙂

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 5:32 pm
  • Good job HCSO my hats off to you keep it up and clean up Spring Hill

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 5:11 pm
  • For those of you around the age of 27, Anthony “too fat” Tompkins is to blame for half of our class going to meth. Way to go hcso, finally. He deals to pregnant mothers too. Scum

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 4:58 pm
  • Another reason to be happy that I don’t live in Springhill

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 4:56 pm
  • Sad! I went to school with Ashley Stanley used to be a really sweet pretty girl. Makes me sick seeing her look like that.?

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 4:54 pm
  • Toss them all away their just ruining our lifes and town

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 4:50 pm
  • Nice looking bunch!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 4:18 pm
  • Some real winners there. I’m quite sure they all had good jobs.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 4:11 pm
  • WAY TO GO HCSO… You all rock… Keep it up…

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 4:04 pm
  • MOTLEY CR EWWWWWWWWWWW and I mean eww lmao go hernando county GIT-R -DUN

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 3:50 pm
  • Kendrick Smiley, Check him out on the HCSO website. 7 arrests, mostly drug related. Who are the Judges that keep turning these people back into society?

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 3:48 pm
    • The one our stupid voters elected!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:57 pm
    • If you check the Clerks Web Site; Smiley hasn’t paid fines from the 2013 conviction.
      Why no warrant, how many others have unpaid fines and costs?
      Might be worth looking into.

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 6:45 am
  • Awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!!!! Way to go everyone!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 3:42 pm
  • They all could work at Halloween Horror Nights without needing any makeup! DizneyWorld could have saved time and money by hiring them.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 3:41 pm
    • METH HEADS!

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 6:55 pm
  • The “Dirty Dozen” + One! Good Job HCSO! And I see the name Porch came up again. Must be one of the finer families in Hernando County. Don’t you know most if not all of these cats are singing like canaries, telling on everybody else in an attempt to save their own a55.

Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 3:38 pm