Pasco Deputy Terminated, Charged, After Committing Sex Act, Appeared on Live PD

WARNING: Explicit Sexual Content

PASCO – A Pasco Sheriff’s Deputy is out of a job and charged with battery, after a woman says he committed a sex act and touched her during an “investigation.”

According to an arrest affidavit, on February 15th, 25-year-old Joseph Mercado responded to the victim’s residence to discuss a “serious incident that she witnessed.” The victim agreed to step outside to speak with Mercado in the driveway. Once outside, Mercado allegedly began masturbating in front of the victim and continued, despite being told several times to leave. Once Mercado ejaculated, he placed it on the victim’s breast, face and neck before leaving the property.

On February 28th, Mercado was arrested and charged with simple battery. He has also since been terminated from the Sheriff’s Office.

Officials say Mercado was off-duty while at the victim’s residence and when he committed the alleged offense.

Mercado is listed as appearing on the hit reality show, Live PD, who are currently producing episodes in Pasco County.

Comments
  • Anyone else, Who’s NOT a sheriff would have been charged more seriously. As for those of you who don’t believe this happened, goes to show that if an innocent civilian could be charged, so can a sheriff. Plus, I’m sure there’s more to this than totally reported!

Saturday, 10 March 2018, 1:16 pm
    • He was on a Tv show called LIVE TV why is anyone confused and debating how the cop was set up, if anyone here ever watch the tv show they have a CAMERA CAMERA!!! This baffles me on how some ppl are so stupid. The camera is what caught the perv cop otherwise he’d still be doing this on the clock and all other cops would be LYING for him while the public who pays his salary would still be harmed by him

Sunday, 11 March 2018, 9:12 am
      • Ummm…I’m not sure that I totally understand what you are saying……I doubt it very much that PD LIVE was taping the show when Mercado did what he is accused of doing……….I really don’t think if the camera crew from Live PD was there, he wouldn’t have done what he did. Is that basically what you are saying?

Friday, 16 March 2018, 6:27 pm
        • Lol now what do you call him? He’s a liar now with the new charges I call him SCREWED LOL

Saturday, 17 March 2018, 10:01 pm
        • 😂

Saturday, 17 March 2018, 11:40 pm
  • Crazy B that’s funny as hell, AD!! heck they have an acronym or symptom or condition for everything these days, like a lot of our youth are suffering from L.O.D.D. lack of discipline disorder!!!

Saturday, 10 March 2018, 11:07 am
  • yes Mary Henson, you me and so many others on here we all see it the same way you are so correct well said, and to parent HC cares! I am not surprised at all as usual you hit it right out of the ballpark nailed it but I’m not surprised you’re always spot-on well said!!!!

Saturday, 10 March 2018, 10:55 am
  • She just wanted a facial

Friday, 9 March 2018, 1:15 pm
    • He had a AD accidental discharge

Friday, 9 March 2018, 1:17 pm
  • Do you know the difference between God and a cop? God doesn’t think he is a cop. Ok I know some of you will need a few hours to figure this out so think think really hard.

Friday, 9 March 2018, 7:57 am
  • perfect partner for deputy vinny! i still cannot comprehend how he still has a job

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 10:43 pm
  • Is that Hair Gel?….what is that on your ear?
    I call BS, why would she just stand there and wait for him to finish? Why not run inside and lock the door, he wasn’t holding her his hands were busy!!!
    This makes no sense, maybe a neighbor has a camera outside to clear this Mess up!!

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 2:01 pm
  • L.O.L! Monica, that’s funny, i wondered………….was she wearing a blue dress?

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 9:56 am
  • Amy Didio, AGREED! SPOT ON! also to Hesquick, What Happened on pullover in hernando? please enlighten us!

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 9:54 am
  • This story does not add up. Sheriff Nocco should have gotten more detailed info on the story before ruining a career from a good deputy. This deputy is not what is being claimed against him. His ex wanted to ruin his career. Tom you should wait for better info before destroying a police officers career. You didn’t want your past made public so why jump to destroying someone else. Makes no sense.

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 9:44 am
  • Where’s Bill Clinton when you need him.

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 4:32 pm
    • hiding, hear it getting “Stormy” in DC

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 9:40 pm
  • Dan, no offense intended but have you tried calling the sheriff’s office anywhere and ask for info? GOOD LUCK! i’m a guardian of a family member who was the victim of a felony, the scumbag that committed it was caught tried convicted, as his guardian with an attorney i have yet to have been able for almost 2-yrs been able to even get a simple unredacted copy of the police report, my point is with HIPPO and all this other crap you cant get info on NOTHING anymore, sucks but true, just sayin

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 3:02 pm
  • Sobeit, i agree with your point and many others here…………and he should not have even put himself in this situation etc. etc.but I SMELL B.S. HERE! as most here do, Tabithaa and also Amanda Torro,I will give you my trust and also benefit of doubt here if you do know him the way you say, but this story has B.S. all over and I suspect BIG LIE from said victim! I again ask victim ……………WHY DID YOU STAND, SIT OR WAIT ON IT TO HAPPEN?? ,IT’S CALLED ( MOVE) NOW! very fishy odd story!

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 2:51 pm
    • My thoughts exactly!!!! Who in their right mind would stand there long enough for him to 1.) Finish and then 2.) Do what he SUPPOSEDLY did next? I could understand if the victim was restrained but otherwise?????? And what happened to INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY????? It infuriates me when “victims ” allow things to happen to advance in their careers etc. Like “I had to sleep with the director or I wouldn’t have gotten another job in Hollywood” That is NOT rape, that is your CHOICE. Take some personal responsibility! Because those lies and lack of personal responsibility soooooo hurts the actual VICTIMS of sexual assault!!! Please note I am not stating that I do not believe the victim in this story just that I will reserve judgement until more facts are known!

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 3:29 pm
  • happened to me last time i got pulled over in hernando

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 7:41 am
  • This is absolutely bull! She new that he loved his job , she new he worked very hard to come up in life were he was and she was obviously mad or upset about something . Alot of things are not adding up here. He is my ex &; he would NOT do this !!!!!! He loved his job being a deputy he loved helping people !!!!

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 7:13 am
    • Heyyy you bunch of idiots why are you blaming the woman? I can guarantee that no one at the sheriffs office wanted him fired or even arrested for such a crime and I bet he lied on the poly and all other facts, what would make him pull out his tiny and jerk off in the first place? If he loved his job so much than why can’t he act civilized because I’m sure if he not a cop he would of arrested a other man. So a message to pervert cops KEEP YOUR IN YOUR PANTS ON YOUR DAYS OFF AND NOT JERKING IT OFF!!! And it only take minutes to jerk off, basically bye bye perv

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 1:56 pm
      • Hey your the idiot. Anyone can make an accusation but it’s unfounded and I don’t think you should be commenting on a situation that you know nothing about. The truth will come out in the end and by the way you should read the story closer. Her story makes no sense and there are a lot of crazy people out there that will make up shit about someone. I know officer mercado and I bet my life on it that all charges will end up being thrown out or dropped and I hope he looks into a lawsuit against the sheriffs office.

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 10:41 am
        • I will bet EVERYTHING that the sheriff and this pervs cohorts tried everything to make this go away to prov him innocent I mean they shoot and kill and aren’t fired hell in Cleveland they shot and killed a 12 yr old boy I know the evidence that would prov this perv was too much to give him a pass plus you all need to go on YouTube and watch a few films of dirty cops doing such horrific thing like killing and beating a innocent homeless man for no reason and they didn’t know they were being filmed plus they all got together and got their story’s straight and didn’t know that they got closer to the private person filming it so without this tape they would be walking free so like I said go to YouTube and be ready to be disgusted at least the smart ppl will be disgusted. So you nasty cops ‘smile your on candid camera’. let this nasty azz thing needs to go work picking strawberries I hear the need pickers right now.

Friday, 9 March 2018, 7:51 am
    • I’m calling bull I’m sure a sex act might have happened but if she has evidence she could have fudge the whole incident. There’s a lot a lot of shady ladies out there today and I feel this girl is lying to get money and hurt his career

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 7:03 pm
      • And I agree with you…200%. She got pissed off (or on) and whatever happened was mutual.

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 12:42 am
  • First of all, at least he went for the money shot instead of a kill shot. Second of all, I doubt the police department fired him without any corroboration. AND ARRESTED HIM. Can’t wait to hear the rest of this story…

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 10:10 pm
  • Pasco County might not want him but Hernando County will take him he can work at the movie theater along with the other jack off cop . They could make their own reality show it could be call work at the movie theater see who c!ms first!!!

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 10:00 pm
    • And it would still be LIVE PD…lmao !

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 12:45 am
  • That’s why you always wear gloves

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 9:44 pm
  • All of you guys commenting don’t know him . I grew up next door to him and he was a close friend of my family and I. I have known him for 20 yrs. He is not the person this article portrays him to be. Also look at the story, it doesn’t even make sense. My friend Joe is wonderful person and I hate that this woman has said these awful things that I dont believe to be true.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 9:30 pm
  • I call BS. She invited him over and stood still long enough to be smothered in his DNA. BS. She wasn’t confined or restricted in any way, any normal minded woman would have diffused the situation before ejaculation. Something isn’t right. I’m sure there’s more to the story.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 8:27 pm
    • You are a f-ink idiot a reason why women don’t come for help and a cop can threaten a woman and do whatever he wants done.

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 3:04 pm
      • So why didn’t she call the police while he was doing it????????????

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 3:32 pm
  • I call bull…..

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 7:15 pm
  • A few things do not add up like why was he there at 3am ( because it was his ex gf house) why didnt the woman run in the house and call police ( because it was his ex gf ) Sounds to me like a personal problem between him and his ex girlfriend ( who it appears is getting back at him)

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 6:28 pm
  • This sounds like a woman who came onto the cop and she is now going to ruin him with this cockamamie (pun intended) story. This all sounds crazy. Why would she let him rub her with semen or any thing else? I think it is terrible that this woman is not being made to answer these questions. Why was he there off duty? Did she invite him? Was she coming on to him sexually? When he started fondling himself why did she stay and watch? Why did she not go into the house and call the department? It is so sad that a woman, in this current climate, can make an accusation and ruin a man’s life without being questioned herself? Maybe this reporter can finish this story and get some answers for us.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 5:51 pm
  • BANG BANG, He shot her down!

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 5:45 pm
  • Wow what the freak nothing surprises me anymore what a knucklehead as far as evaluating free checking testing interviewing lie detector body language experts I don’t know what excetera excetera how does one figure out if a person is capable of such Twisted crap I don’t know if there’s a solid sound foolproof way to ever figure out if a person is going to do something like this anyway what a jackwagon knucklehead my biggest biggest straight up question that hit me right away was how did he get that specific body fluid from that specific act onto her neck chest and face it had to be done with his hands or was she sitting down ? and if so did he just come a strolling up and go for the deposit I mean are you kidding me? Either way did she not have ample time to get the hell out of the way if he had been asked to leave already for doing what he was doing I’m assuming he was standing I’m assuming she was standing or what I hope this makes sense someone help me out with this question this is my biggest question

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 5:34 pm
  • Belle, well all I can say is if you knew him a bit and he made you feel that way hopefully your intuition told you correctly I guess we should say obviously because that’s effed up crap to do to anyone anywhere anytime so I would say that’s weird it’s an understatement more I think about it my biggest question here Folks at that immediately hit me is how does one get this specific bodily fluid from this action on to her face neck and chest there’s only two ways and if she already knew what he was doing and it asked him to leave she had Ample Ample time to move or be out of the way so did he put it on her with his hand or was she sitting in a chair and he come a running up I mean does this make sense here folks I need an answer to this question otherwise all I can say is what the freak I say it all the time nothing surprises me anymore what a knucklehead

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 5:26 pm
    • Ok he was on LIVE TV ya morons, do you dumbasses know what LIVE TV is? Think about it.

Friday, 9 March 2018, 8:25 am
      • NONOTA…….You are the biggest moron around…….of course we all know about LIVE PD….where were you when we talked about LIVE PD right on RNRF…many people made comments on that thread. I hope you are not that stupid that you think that he was caught doing this while LIVE PD filmed him….THAT’S WHAT YOU SOUND LIKE YOU THINK………You think about it, you are a big DUMBASS!!

Friday, 16 March 2018, 6:38 pm
  • Something is not quite right about this story……It says that he was there to investigate a serious incident that the woman witnessed. If he asked her to come outside, I am thinking so he could talk to her, how does it get from him investigating an incident, to him touching her and then masturbating and wiping his stuff all over her? Later on in the story, it says that the Officer was “off duty”…if he was “off duty”, why was he there investigating an incident which she claims she witnessed earlier”?? I wonder if the victim “knew” the Officer, and also why was he investigating an incident if he wasn’t on duty???? Something sounds a little bit more than “fishy” in this story. I’ll be looking forward to the truth, whatever that may be.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 5:25 pm
  • Soooo, she just stood there and let him blow his load all over her, buuut she didn’t want anything to do with him?? I call BS! NO man is going to ejaculate on me if i don’t want him to! AND she called him to come over, so why wouldn’t he just go inside and do that?? He made her come out into the public, an open area, so that he could masterbate?? GTFOH! Lol

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 5:00 pm
    • Emily Hayes aka Vulgar Dumbazz please stfu

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 5:29 am
      • Sobeit you need to go tend to your pot .Plants and stfu yourself..you are a loser and have no right to call Amy one else names…you after just afat ass amazon dyke woman who thinks she can just push others around. Get off your crack pipe and go call another guy off pof to come keep you company for the night…after one night they never come back…you know that don’t you…

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 2:48 pm
  • Im not sure what to think of this but my first thought is why would anyone stand there long enough for this guy to reach ejaculation and then rub it on her? Very interested in more details.Why was he at her residence while off duty?

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 4:48 pm
    • Do you know to masterbate and ejaculate can happen in seconds, especially with the pervs,

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 7:19 am
      • Done it, I guess you would know this from your own experiences…

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 4:54 pm
        • That was supposed to be sobeit not done it. hate auto correct that does not auto correct.

Thursday, 8 March 2018, 4:59 pm
  • He should have kept his weapon concealed.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 4:28 pm
  • I BET ITS NOT HER FIRST MAN SHOWER. SHE MUST HAVE FELT BAD HE DIDNT STAY FOR ROUND TWO…….LMAO

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 4:10 pm
  • He would fit in here a big popo circle jerk….

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 3:48 pm
  • Only in Pasco County 🤦‍♀️

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 3:19 pm
    • Sweet mama, No we have our own deputy masturbater right in hernando county still on the job. So when you see the squad car a rockin, don’t go knockin.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 4:07 pm
  • SMH…

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 3:02 pm
    • I just cannot see a cop being fired and charged with such a charge a crime when he is innocent I mean they are allowed to kill ppl, nope I believe her or something like it and as we know not everything put on paper is the truth, I know for a fact that complete lies are written on this site so ppl don’t need to get ready to kill this woman.

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 3:37 am
  • Why is this not a felony sex crime?
    Anyone else who commited such an act would be so charged.
    What a crock!!!!!

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 3:00 pm
  • Not to say it can’t happen or belittle “the victim” but this sounds a bit farfetched to me , asked her to step outside ?? really ? Horrible abuse of authority if true but ,seems a but unreal to me

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 2:48 pm
  • Innocent until proven guilty and this woman must have prove and kept and or went immediately for an examination. If the story is true as written this deputy needs in depth counseling and sex therapy after giving out of jail. I wouldn’t even try to guess one way or the other if there is truth to this report… But, in this world anything is possible either way.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 2:47 pm
  • eeeeeewwwwwww! Nasty boy!

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 2:44 pm
  • This is total bs. Girls always try to ruin a dudes life yet y’all can’t catch Steven Walker getting drunk every night he’s off and getting in fights with people even being detained by other police departments while he’s partying. Smh

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 2:07 pm
    • Why does it matter to you if an officer goes and has a drink ? It’s it illegal to drink? Sounds like you have a personal vendetta against him

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 3:49 pm
  • I smell a set up….BUT….he shouldn’t have put himself in that situation.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 2:06 pm
  • I think that there has to be more to it. Such stupidity is not something that you commonly see from law enforcement

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 2:05 pm
  • If this happened in Hernando county he would still have his job and be protected by the good ole boys

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 2:05 pm
    • To Common Sense you’re so right and I lol when I read your comment the good ole boys are in Citrus too, cops just don’t get fired and charged with ANYTHING,

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 3:46 am
  • I’m sorry, but I would really have to have some real proof of this one. Just doesn’t sound realistic. Keep us updated Tom, would like to hear the deputy’s side of this one.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 1:45 pm
    • DNA perhaps? The Pasco Sheriff did not act without investigating.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 3:42 pm
    • Nancy I would bet you were a teachers pet 👿

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 3:48 am
  • Sadly background checks don’t look into peoples personal masturbating habits.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 1:35 pm
  • If the facts are as they are written, then something is not adding up all the way. I know Tom just transposes the information from the police report, so I am sure this story has another side to it. No doubt the deputy crossed a line to put himself in such a position, however, there is still the truth that needs to be told. Let this be a lesson to other LEO’s that you can not put yourself in such a position. Being a former Corrections Officer I can tell you that it is Basic Law 101 not to let things get personal. There is always someone out there wanting to take your badge for no other reason than to ruin a “good guys” life.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 1:21 pm
  • Where is the arrest report? Mugshot? As a responsible accredited journalist, I’m sure that you contacted the Sheriff’s office for comment, what was their response?

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 1:16 pm
      • Tom, keep up the good work, most of us know you don’t pull the articles out of a hat.! And for all the doubters out there , I doubt Sherriff Noco (sp) fired this sicko with no evidence. Some of these posters are the reason WHY a lot of rape victims NEVER come forward, always try to blame the victim when it comes to a sex crime. This dud is a sicko and I would think access to many weapons.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 4:50 pm
      • Why do you get immediately butthurt when someone calmly asks valid questions?

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 10:34 am
    • The arrest affidavit is in the comment section of the RNRF facebook post.

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 8:42 am
  • If the charges are true, this is a very sick individual.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 1:09 pm
  • Good Grief!! What in the world is this county coming to? ;-(

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 12:38 pm
  • Shootin wild! Watch out for stray shots. LIVE PuD.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 12:38 pm
  • Now days you have a hard time trusting the police because there Authority has gone to there Heads , What happen to the days anyone could trust a cop. This was Nasty and not right.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 12:28 pm
  • Background checks on guns they need to really evaluate these officers. Always two sides to a story but this one sounds horrible

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 12:12 pm
    • Joe has always been weird.. I felt that he would take advantage of wearing his badge. What a pos.

Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 1:11 pm