Pasco Man Mauled by His Own Pit Bull, Pre-Existing Condition May be Related

PORT RICHEY – A 42-year-old man is recovering at a local hospital after he was attacked by his own Pit Bull at a residence on Paxton Drive.

According to Pasco County Officials, deputies responded to the 8600 block of Paxton Drive, where they located the victim who appeared to be suffering from an unrelated medical condition.

The victim did suffer life-threatening injuries but officials have not confirmed if they were the result of the dog attack or a pre-existing condition.

Detectives are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident.

We will bring more information on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • You all read about the Lab that ate the couple that owned him?? Of course not.

Friday, 13 April 2018, 12:20 pm
  • Robbie says, “Hey raised pits for 20 years never had one turn…”
    I’ve had cats for sixty years and have never had one attack me. Nor have I heard many horror stories about cats or most breeds of dogs except for pit bulls. With all the other less offensive breeds from which to chose, why do people choose pit bulls?

Friday, 13 April 2018, 9:03 am
  • First off I would like to say I hope the man or woman who was mauled by this dog is okay most importantly but secondly Misty and some others I didn’t do any in-depth research but I know that the numbers are off the charts like night and day as far as the numbers go on pit bull maulings attacks fatal or non-fatal the percentages versus all the other supposedly or known protective or guard type dogs no matter the species the Pitbull is way up there in the numbers as I work in the service industry I am around them all the time and I’m never never comfortable when one is around my antennas are out believe me when one is near me, as far as your research I don’t know what research that was like the old coach of the Minnesota Vikings once said they are who what we thought they were!!!!!

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 6:21 pm
  • Hey raised pits for 20 years never had one turn they were all trained properly any dog will turn on you dumb ass . y’all can kiss my rebel ass anyone who denies a pit is a freaking liberal and should be shot to keep from contaminating this world

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 6:21 pm
  • Having owned a pit bull for 15 years 9 months and 17 days, who not only loved me, my spouce, my tiny toy poodle, my birds, my children, my grandchildren and any visitors, I am always very perplexed by these statements by persons who have never owned a pit bull.

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 4:53 pm
  • you guys are scumbags, all of you. So many pits are loyal loving dogs. You’re the one with mental disorders. I’ll take dogs over people anyday…

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 2:57 pm
    • I bet you will…….

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 5:46 pm
  • @destroy…?

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 2:27 pm
  • Pit bulls used to be known as Nanny dogs. Google it. Sad that people would want to destroy an entire breed because of a few bad owners.

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 2:12 pm
    • I agree with it how there are raise. My son, and grandson both have pit bull, there are so sweet

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 4:40 pm
  • It’s not the breed it’s the way they are raised and also as long as they are up to date on shots you all should so some research and actually see what the most vicious breed is you would be very surprised !

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 1:21 pm
    • Same comments as usual its not the breed its the way there raised… Over and over and over need a better argument. Why dont you suprise us with most viscous breed does it crush bones and kill please give us a laugh…..

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 5:50 pm
  • His pre-existing condition was the mental illness he suffered from that made him decide to own a pit bull in the first place.

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 11:13 am
    • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 12:50 pm
  • Did anyone see this happen? How do you know the dog wasn’t trying to wake him up? Just because of the breed, don’t assume.

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 9:39 am
    • You’re probably a pit bull owner .you all stick together. I agree with the first post. Only medical condition is owning a PIT BULL

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 12:49 pm
    • Really thats lmfao…

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 5:52 pm
  • Best news I’ve heard all week screw these idiot pit bull owners!

Thursday, 12 April 2018, 7:41 am