Pedestrian Struck and Killed in Early Morning Crash – UPDATE

UPDATE: 1:32 P.M. – Officials have identified the deceased as 40-year-old Sharon Marie Frekey.

According to reports, 22-year-old Kathellyn Pereira was traveling eastbound on Northcliffe Blvd, when she failed to negotiate a curve in the roadway and veered across the southwest corner at Hayes Street. Frekey was walking northbound on the west shoulder of Hayes Street when she was struck by Pereira’s 2006 Honda Civic.

Frekey suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.

Alcohol does not appear to be a factor, say officials, but charges are pending.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

SPRING HILL – One person is confirmed dead after a vehicle struck a pedestrian in the area of Northcliffe Blvd and Hayes Street.

The accident around occurred 3:00 a.m. this morning in the eastbound lanes of Northcliffe Blvd.

There is complete road blockage in the area while the Florida Highway Patrol Investigates the cause of the crash.

Officials have not released a full report at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • I just hope the family will open their eyes to this. Make your lifes right and stop doing the things you are doing. There is a better life out there then drugs, drama, and nonsense. Jesus loves you all, gave his life for you all this is a sad situation I just pray the one that passed had time to pray before her life was took.

Let what happen to Sharon make you see. Focus on the Lord give it all to him he will pull everyone of you out of the holes you have dug for yourself as long as you let him and give him 110% Please this world has nothing to offer but Jesus has life to offer it will be the best thing you all have done. Thats my prayer for you all.

Wednesday, 4 July 2018, 5:07 pm
  • FACTS:
    Sharon was a known addict.
    Sharon had someone staying with her at her house the night of the accident that is prescribed xanax.
    Sharon was meeting someone down the road from her house.
    There were 2 people seen inside of the vehicle immediately after the car hit Sharon and seen leaving but decides to stop after turning onto Northcliffe and pulls off on the corner of the same property where Sharon body landed. Then a black car approached the vehicle in n question after the black car leaves the car in question then decides to pull back to where she left the accident and at this time one of the occupants of the residence comes outside to find Sharons body in his driveway with only one occupant inside of the vehicle.
    Lawrence Street is the address on record of the driver and of the owner of the vehicle (2 different names) which the area is known for drug use/sales.
    Sharon was seen using the phone before she was hit.
    My conclusion
    Sharon was meeting someone to trade pills for dope. The person driving the car didn’t realize how close she was to Hayes St, when she realized it hit the brakes and since she was speeding lost control of the car and since my sister was expecting for someone to be meeting her the last thing on her mind was for the person to lose control of the car. My guess is that the original driver of the car had someone pick her up along with whatever drugs she was carrying with her away from the accident. No matter how you look at it the driver was speeding and I’m pretty positive was also carrying illegal drugs with her for the purposes of selling, trading or bartering which is also illegal. Once again if the person stating to be driving the car is covering for someone else she is still at fault for making a false statement.

Thursday, 28 June 2018, 6:19 pm
    • Regardeless of what happened she has passed people need to show sone respect

Saturday, 30 June 2018, 12:31 am
  • Tiffany sorry but you are so wrong she didn’t have 14 kids she didn’t have 10 kids. If you were a friend you would have know she never lived in the woods and they never ate out of a dumpster. The people on here lying must know the lady who acted like she was here friend and call DCF on her then had her friends at DCF place the baby with her. All her other children live with their dad. As far as the baby girl her dad is coming for her.

Thursday, 28 June 2018, 12:21 am
  • But she was driving a silver Honda oh no why the silver Honda and not her own car. Why was 2 women seen in the silver Honda and a man in a black Nissan? Why did the lady passenger in the silver Honda leave the scene in the black Nissan? Oh that’s cause the Honda belongs to the passenger and just maybe works at the sheriff’s office. Run the vin see what comes back. Regardless of any of that why is the 22 year old still on the street? Why hasn’t she been charged with vehicular manslaughter yet?

Thursday, 28 June 2018, 12:12 am
  • Sorry Tammy and Steve you both not only are stupid but you got your facts wrong. Spreading lies about someone who passed away is wrong. If you want facts the 22 year old didn’t have a driver’s license until after the accident. She had charges which may have been dropped for stocking and civil court case where she lost her job because of sexual harassment. Also fact she owns a black car which was seen at the scene. Plus she was fucking the undercover cop who threatened to kill Sharon that night right before she died.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 11:55 pm
  • She didn’t deserve to die no matter how bad a person she was. I went to school with her and I remember her being very nice. But let’s not forget the more than dozen kids she left behind, trapped in the dcf system or given away. Don’t forget she was a dead beat druggy that had her kids taken when dcf found them eating out of dumpsters and living in the woods cause she was using their food stamps for drugs. She was far from an angel and her 14th baby daddy was a sexual predator! And she still had those kids living with him. She has damaged her kids for life. People ask why she was out at 3am. Really why are drug addicts out at that time. Seriously. Super sad for the people that love her, as she was someone’s daughter. But at least she won’t hurt those kids anymore or bless her soul have any more drug addicted babies.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 11:18 am
  • wow this is sickening this is the saddest thing I’ve ever seen this poor lady was dating my ex before he went to the big house she was so so so nice to him and she did a lot for him and she really cared about him and I think that this is tragic what happened to her and all you people can do is sit and talk crap I mean what about condolences prayers and thinking about the family in the kids and instead of what people are writing and how they write it it’s none of your damn business what happened to the to the girl at what time grow up get a life and have some have some respect for real this is definitely not the place to be starting drama over spelling someone’s passed what if her kids we’re reading this and you people r just petty

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 8:51 am
    • It’s going to be very difficult for the 14 kids that she has in the dcf system or she has given away. They will never have closure on why their mother couldn’t get her life together, get off meth and make them a priority. It’s very sad for her family and children. No one deserves to have their life ended so tragically. My prayers are with all that loved her.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 11:07 am
      • Way to go. The woman is dead and you want to disgrace her name why????? How would you feel if a family member was in her place and some fool set about trashing their name??? Do you have proof of your meth allegations????? And do you feel you’re doing her “14 kids” a favor bringing your sickness into this???? I for one don’t believe this was an accident but nor do I believe your allegations. Where is your proof???

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 11:21 am
      • She didn’t have 14 kids that’s really none of your business she was my friend of 32 years she was murdered it was no accident and if I have anything to say about it I’ll prove it I know more what’s going on in people think and I know possibly who did this to her and I’m not going to let them get away with it they are going to be brought to the legal system and they are going to be punished to the full extent of the law by a judge my friend that was murdered that nobody seems to give a s*** about will have Justice and she will be able to rest in peace

Thursday, 16 August 2018, 5:26 pm
  • Wow my ex was dating this woman just before he went to the big house she had a car then in the beginning of june and I don’t see how she was homeless when she was helping him get his car out of the impound and the way he talked about her she was very nice so regardless of Grammer, times and rude disrespectful people putting comments on this kind of stuff u r just cold hearted freaks get a life and have some regard for the kids in the family who might be seeing this u don’t put down someonelw ho was just tragically killed it’s really none if anyone’s business about any details of this story so mind ya dam bizness and give some condolences to the family and keep your trash to your self for real thats so ignorant ($pring hill and Brooksville at their finest )

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 8:46 am
  • Sharon was one of my best friends growing up. This definitely does not look like an accident. Accidentally running off the road and she kept going cause the tracks go pretty far for an accident. Oh ya not to mention there was a witness. Who was the person in the black car. Anyone know how fast she was going. People need to slow down. If that was a young kid the girl would be in jail. Because she was older there got push it under the rug. who cares what she was doing at 3 am in the morning. It’s ok if a 50-60 year old wakes up at 3 and walks but she is not allowed to. Of course they would try to place blame on her for walking. To take attention off someone or something else. That’s how they do it. She is the one who died her family and kids are going to be the ones who never see her. So is whats important worrying about why she was walking at 3 am well she is 40 and does that matter. The girl is 22 what was she out doing not even in her neighborhood. I’m so tired of the cops bringing up all the bad shit about the victim just to cover something else up. Anyway I will pray the family gets the closure they need. My prayer will be with you guys.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 1:21 am
  • I pray the authorities look more into the 22 year old driver. It’s not just an accident. A young women has passed, she will never see her family again. Nor will her children see their Mother.

This 22 year old women killed an innocent young woman minding her own business.

Please pray for her family.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 5:53 pm
    • Looking at the picture it does seem that the driver did go out of her way to do what she did. Almost as if she turned intentionally to intercept the woman walking. I have had the family in my prayers ever since this story broke and I’m hoping the truth (real truth) comes out .

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 6:29 pm
      • i too hope the real truth comes out. I think speed was an issue. I also would wonder what the 22 year old was during in an area she doesn’t live in at that hour. I hope she reaches out to this young womans family. I’ll pray for the real truth also.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 7:53 am
        • Makes you think that she may not have been driving and the black car picked up who ever was driving.Something does not add up

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 1:19 pm
  • RIP poor lady.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 10:52 am
  • She was my daughter on her way home. Some stupid person speeding took her life. No way around that. No drugs involved on her part. Ask the driver what she was doing out at 3 in the morning speeding down a street that was 35 mph. My daughter is never coming again, but she gets to go home. Ask why she was on this part of town when she doesn’t live around here.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 5:55 am
  • Sharon lived in that homeless camp that is nearby in the woods.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 1:19 am
    • No she didn’t live in a homeless shelter. She lived on Hayes St with her mother

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 8:47 am
  • Let me start the lady’s driver license was suspended in April. You can find that online. Second there was someone who seen what happened and the way he seen it looks just like the crime scene it was done on purpose. The sheriff’s office don’t care they didn’t even investigate the scene good. Some of her belongings were still at the scene. Third where does this news feed get its facts or the right to put up the pic where the body is lying at. Just cause you block it out doesn’t give you the right to post it. The girl told to many stories that don’t add up. Where is the drive of the black car that she was talking to when the cops pulled up. But I half expect that since most of the cops are from the north now and dont care this will be another cold case. And for the cops who are from the here only a third care and the others are crooked. Think it’s time to call in the big boys to do the job these dumbasses can’t.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 12:53 am
    • Good point! Where is the black car? Who was in the black car? Before and after the accident? Seems like more investigation needs to be done. Also, I wonder if the driver was sent that way looking for the young lady. It’s time for some CLEAN OUT in the sheriff’s department. Please don’t push this under the carpet. Maybe it will open the doors to many other issues.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 8:06 am
  • What does it matter what she was doing out at 3 in the morning? No matter how you look at it she is gone and her family has to deal with the loss of a loved one because of someone else’s choices. You can tell that the driver was speeding which she seems to have a problem doing since her license was revoked back in April for it. So if you ask me I think the state should take them this time and not let her have them back to keep from this happening again.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 12:16 am
  • Oh by the way my bad!!! I missed something well almost ! Hmmmm I’M CALLING YOU OUT ON NECESSITIES !!! Come on man woman sir ma’am are you kidding me come on with that good God are you kidding me???? Only God in heaven and the other two involved or whoever were actually involved know the truth easy with that horrible horrible, sorry if you don’t like mine ( COMMENT) …errrr, you can rip me a new one too but what’s up with that???? By the way I suck at grammar I get picked on all the time on here, so I intentionally f***** up the grammar on the last part of this if not all of it , but anyways ????why the fuk you so angry bro??? by the way was just curious!!!!! You come across angry!!!!!! what what what what what for??????

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 12:01 am
  • To all family and loved ones of Sharon Marie FreKey, only love 4 you and prayers, nothing but love and prayers , can’t begin to fathom your pain and your anguish, well let’s all pray for you seriously actually pray!! Now just for few more things, MR. Zupo!!!!! come on seriously are you really kidding me do you realize how much your first….. comment if I’m following This Thread correctly your first comment what it’s alluding to, if I’m wrong please everyone tell me! your comment makes it sound as though the victim should not have been walking on a sidewalk at 3 a.m. that’s her choice by the way is it not folks ????there’s a store at North cliff and Mariner what is it Rally/ Hess whatever, that may have the Provisions needed for what she needed! this young woman!? So in doing so at her time of choice on ( business that’s only hers !) really come on man! The vehicle that hit her I know that area very well by the way, the vehicle that hit her clearly left the roadway fully and plowed into her based on what I’m seeing with just common sense and basic physics if you will, I know there’s other stories xcetera comments coming out about two different sets of tire tracks on the property,….. and also unanswered questions but seriously MR. ZUPO?!?!???? What’s up with that this young lady is at fault for walking on a sidewalk and getting run over by a car come on bro come on please help me out here I must be missing something big UH, Errrrrrr MAYBE NOT!!?????

Monday, 25 June 2018, 11:49 pm
  • It really doesn’t matter she was doing. All that matters is she’s gone and her kids no longer have a mother her mother lost a daughter her siblings no longer have a little sister. You people want to ask what was she doing out at that time. I want to know what a 22 yr old was doing out at 3 in morning or why she was speeding? If she was doing the speed limit this all might have been avoided. I don’t if she got her license back or not but I know she did lose them for speeding before. If you ask me she should lose for good now so something like this doesn’t happen again.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 11:48 pm
  • Oh my Lorde oh my Lord, I’ll be the first to admit that I forget I screw up I make mistakes …………. I’m lazy with my spelling in my grammar blah blah blah, folks I’m sitting here reading the comments on the story and all everyone’s doing is fighting with each other !!!! wow!!! look let me be the first to say and be honest I’ve blown up on here myself before and acted like an ass by letting my emotions get the best of me and I was wrong to do so but I can’t believe how much everyone’s comments here by percentage are about something other than the story

Monday, 25 June 2018, 11:20 pm
  • Did Ms. Frekey have any children. If so how many and how can we help?

Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:41 pm
    • Charlie Strayhorn, you are the voice of civility and kindness. Just what’s needed here. Thanks. To Ms. Frekey;’s family and friends, my heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to you and for you.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 10:58 pm
    • yeah she had 14 of them. Some given away and some in foster care because she was a druggy and only cared about herself. Her last child was born addicted and has bio father was a know sexual predator. One of her kids was burned over 70% of his body while she was doing meth. Don’t worry her family is the type to have ago fund me account up in minutes. Maybe they have some money left over from the meth lab they ran out of their house that was raided last year. Look it up. Randy McConnell, Marissa McConnell, Nannie Wernicke and Linda McConnell were all living at the house with the meth lab and with children!

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 7:24 pm
      • This is something for all you people that are curious as to what happened in my house. It’s not confidential so anyone can read it at Hernando County clerk of court website it’s all under my husband’s case #150 on the site. As long as you know how to read you will find out that no meth and definitely nothing at all involving a meth lab was not no where to be found on the property. If you want to talk shit as least figure out what kind of truth is behind the that you’re trying to start.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 11:25 pm
  • The pink house is my cousins house, the lady’s car ran in her yard and barely missed her car and her bedroom. But it doesn’t add up, there are two sets of tire marks on the drive way but one set stops in the grass. But they said it was only one car. Interesting.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:03 pm
  • Something doesn’t add up. We passed this scene just after the incident happened, as the first Deputy and Fire Rescue arrived. The vehicle involved was on the grass median. A BMX type bike on the corner and the deceased laying in the driveway of the home on the SE corner of the intersection. The distance between the vehicle and the deceased is estimated at 50’. The vehicle was just past the intersection. Where the vehicle was and where the deceased was just doesn’t seem to add up. I question what the speed was that was involved as the curve in question is a very easy curve to manage. It is a lit intersection with the street light working. Based on the narrative of this report and the things that we witnessed on the scene it just doesn’t add up.

Prayers for the deceased and their family during this horrible time.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 5:54 pm
  • Don’t forget to mention the drivers licence was suspended a month ago,, why wasn’t she arrested for driving without a licence

Monday, 25 June 2018, 4:47 pm
    • Get the facts straight she has a valid driver’s license dont start no drama

Monday, 25 June 2018, 6:12 pm
      • Gggggg=There is already DRAMA, the driver KILLED a lady. Enough said.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:10 pm
        • NO…. That’s enough said. The fact that a young woman was killed is very tragic. But it was an accident. There is no drama in that. Just tragedy. If the young lady driving the vehicle actually had a valid driver’s license and Marissa’s statement was untrue, THAT would be drama and a false statement.
          Drama would be any other comment other than prayers and thoughts for the deceased and her family.
          Now THAT’S enough said.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 10:15 pm
      • Yeah you can look online yet shut got suspended in April.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 1:04 am
  • I will pray for the family of the deceased I live just a few houses from the site of where it happened and it looks very sad so sorry for your loss

Monday, 25 June 2018, 3:57 pm
  • So sorry for the loss of yet another life, taken by an inexperienced driver , Very sad!! Condolences to her family and friends. Hey grammar police, go suck an egg, you are an idiot without an ounce of sympathy in your soul. We don’t care what you think, troll, someone dies and you correct grammar?

Monday, 25 June 2018, 3:10 pm
  • let me guess….texting……………………………….

Monday, 25 June 2018, 2:36 pm
    • I’d bet money on it.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 4:44 pm
  • THERE IS NO ,I REPEAT, NO SUCH WORD AS “COULD OF”. IT IS COULD HAVE ,I REPEAT, COULD HAVE. AND T, IT’S NOT “SPIT”, IT’S SPITE!!! WISH YOU ALL WOULD HAVE STAYED IN SCHOOL AND LISTENED AND LEARNED!!! WE WASTED OUR TAX DOLLARS TO SEND YOU THERE.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 1:04 pm
    • I don’t think anyone recognizes your authority.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 1:23 pm
      • The common dictionary is the authority.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 3:08 pm
    • While we are on the topic of grammar I thought I’d provide the following rules for GrammarPolice’s benefit.

Capitalize . . .

1. the first word of a sentence
      2. proper nouns
      3. major words in titles of books, articles, and songs
      4. names of God, specific deities, religious figures, and holy books
      5. directions that are names, such as North, South, East, and West when used as
      sections of the country
      6. days of the week, months of the year, and holidays
      7. seasons, when used in a title
      8. countries, nationalities, and specific languages
      9. periods and events
      10. names of national, political, racial, social, civic, and athletic groups
      11. trademarks
      12. the first word in a sentence that is a direct quote, even if the direct quote comes in the
      middle of a sentence
      13. the first word of a sentence following a colon
      14. The first word in each line of most poetry
      15. the single-letter word, first person pronoun
      16. salutations and closings in letters – first word only unless proper name is used
      17. initials, initialisms, and acronyms
      18. names of the planets

…not entire paragraphs. So what was that you were saying about tax dollars being wasted?

Monday, 25 June 2018, 3:38 pm
    • It is not correct grammar to write in all caps, or start a sentence with “and”. There should be a common in between “school” and “listened”, not an “and”, and there should be a space between punctuation and the beginning of a new sentence. I give you a 70 %.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 3:42 pm
    • Go take a pill and chill out jeesh!

Monday, 25 June 2018, 3:58 pm
    • GRAMMAR POLICE, you are a douche bag. How’s that for grammar?

Monday, 25 June 2018, 5:51 pm
      • Thank you IAMME for being more direct than me.

Tuesday, 26 June 2018, 10:31 am
    • Who cares if it’s could’ve, could have, could of or wtf ever, she is still gone.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 6:54 pm
  • Stupid

Monday, 25 June 2018, 11:03 am
    • Is this the same pat zupo arrested for rape like 12 yrs ago

Monday, 25 June 2018, 4:19 pm
      • Its the same Linda and Marissa McConnell that had that Meth lab in their house last year requiring the bomb squad and police raid.. Yeah the driver had her lic revoked in a month ago and maybe she paid the fine and got it back. Sharon had hers revoked as well for drugs and would drive her mothers car all the time with no license. People can compare arrest records spanning states for Sharon and one unpaid fine for this 22 year old. How quickly people forget the horrible things this drug addict mother did to her family and children, but when they die, all of a sudden they want to make that person out to be a saint. Sharon was a horrible person who cared only about herself, certainly not about all her kids. I feel sorry for the 22 year old that has her whole life ahead of her, she doesn’t have a police record and the only trouble she’s had was an unpaid speeding ticket. You watch, a go fund me will be up begging for people to help, just like they have done so many times before.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 4:35 pm
        • There was never no meth lab found dumbass!! Get ur facts right before u start talking

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 10:53 pm
  • What the hell are you doing out 3:00 in the morning there isn’t much traffic and you didn’t see the only car on the road in the pitch dark stupid

Monday, 25 June 2018, 11:00 am
    • Excuse me, this is my family member and I do not appreciate the disrespect, she was walking to the store to grab necessities because she had no way of transportation, she was also walking on the sidewalk which is what pedestrians are supposed to do. Have some morals and respect.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 1:37 pm
      • I am so sorry for your loss. Completely horrible.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 2:12 pm
      • Necessities called dope?

Monday, 25 June 2018, 2:17 pm
        • lol… she was a know meth addict and her family members were arrested for having a meth lab in there house.. so my guess is scoring meth or hooking to get meth. We all know she wasn’t watching her kids (more than a dozen) cause the state took them.

Wednesday, 27 June 2018, 7:31 pm
      • Sorry for your loss!!! But no store is open but 7-11 and Checkers at 3am. they are 4 to 6 miles the other way. ” walking to the store to grab necessities” is total BS!!!! and to anyone that calls out someone on grammer is an out right a-hole got it!!!

Monday, 25 June 2018, 8:12 pm
    • obviously the car was on the sidewalk. they were not in the road

Monday, 25 June 2018, 1:51 pm
    • the person ran them over on the sidewalk, stupid.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 1:53 pm
    • You’re an a$$hole. She’s allowed to walk whenever the hell she wanted. It’s not her fault the dumbass didn’t know how to drive.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 2:10 pm
    • What difference does it make why she was out at 3 am or 3 pm or she I correct that and put 3 a.m. or 3 p.m.? Would it make it any better if it was 3 in the afternoon? And what difference does it matter if someone is grammatically correct or not? My sister still lost her life there at the scene no matter how you look at it. I would really like to see how fast some of you dumbass’ can move out of the way of a vehicle out of control coming up behind you at 65 mph.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 6:47 pm
      • I’m so sorry for your loss. Some people are just damn, nasty, ignorant SOB”s.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:58 pm
  • It just doesn’t seem to stop in Spring Hill. My condolences and prayers to family and friends.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:55 am
  • Could of been me

Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:40 am
  • This could of been me when the deputies put me out to walk on rt 19 at 3 am and when I asked for help they arrested me. I do no drugs I do not drink I got out of the hospital and since the deputy was fired and my charges were dropped and all of my hell could of been avoided because a nasty spit full deputy thought I was someone else.

Monday, 25 June 2018, 9:30 am
    • Tammy, shut the f*ck up!!! We are sick to death of hearing your same old story. Give us all some peace from your story. Just keep on filing all of your lawsuits and shut the hell up for a change!

Monday, 25 June 2018, 7:48 pm