Pedestrian Struck and Killed in Hit and Run, Second Incident in Two Days

HUDSON – The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating a second hit and run in two days but this time the victim did not survive.

According to sources, the victim was found lying on the side of the Bruin Drive around 9:15 p.m. this evening and was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Officials have not released a report at this time as the investigation is still very active.

Yesterday, an infant was airlifted to a trauma center after a vehicle struck three people on Bonita Road in Holiday. The infant is listed in stable condition.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • Ban alcohol and decriminalize weed,

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 2:19 pm
    • DIDN’T YOU DODO GO EXTINCT ???

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 5:17 pm
  • Stop walking in the road. If there is no side walk, walk in the grass! If you hit something stop! If it was truly an accident your insurance will cover it unless you carry the bare minimum. The bare minimum needs to be raised to $25000. $10000 just isn’t enough anymore.

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 10:29 am
    • Totally agree about raising insurance, and I’ve never lived in another state that didnt require bodily injury either. I’m not sure if it’s because of PIP requirement?? I’ve NEVER heard of so many damn hits & runs and I’ve moved 11 times since 1996!! Maybe stronger punishments?? I’m not sure what they are currently.

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 11:27 pm
    • Sorry meant I’ve never lived in ANY OTHER state that dodnt require the bodily injury

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 11:28 pm
  • A Florida Loophole that needs to be fixed! A DUI Manslaughter Charge Gets you 15 Years in Prison. And a Hit & Run Accident only gets you 5 Years with a Bad Lawyer! That’s a No Brainer. Run Forrest Run

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 9:05 am
    • I HATE TO AGREE BUT IT IS THE DAMMMMMMMM TRUTH !!

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 11:47 am
    • True my neighbors son killed a man on his cycle and the woman rider is all messed up he left the the sceen of the accident got caught he then made bail & left the country and was gone for 14 yrs and will spend 7 years in prison & his dad laughs and tells me how smart he is. I also worked in ER’s and will NEVER get on a motorcycle and I’m not a parent.

Sunday, 13 May 2018, 2:30 pm