Pedestrian Struck by Car Airlifted to Trauma Center

BROOKSVILLE – Fire Rescue responded to Cortez Blvd and Deltona Blvd just before noon today, after reports that a pedestrian was struck at that intersection.

Witness, Ricardo Patterson says he saw the blue car (Pictured Below) collide with a lawn worker, as the victim tried to cross Cortez Blvd.

Ricardo says he prayed for the victim and with driver before Fire Rescue arrived on the scene. Bayflite airlifted the pedestrian to a local trauma center for treatment, where his condition remains unknown. The driver also sustained minor injuries and was transported by ground to Oak Hill Hospital.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on scene investigating the cause of the accident.

Ped 2 ped 3 Ped 4 Ped 5 ped 6 ped 7 ped 8

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • so.what happened to the driver was she ever charged for killing the pedestrian

Thursday, 18 August 2016, 12:42 am
  • What ever happened to the driver of the vehicle was she ever charged for manslaughter let us know

Thursday, 17 March 2016, 6:37 pm
  • You can not always rely on what the news says. The police have to do investigations in these cases. What is printed by the press may not be the actual case here. As a friend of the amazing soul taken to young here this should be a time to share memories of him and pray for his family. He left behind 3 girls who will never understand why there dad was taken so soon a wife who he built a family with a mother who now has to bury her child sisters who loved him aunts uncles and cousins. To his family and friends near and far my condolences. May you rest in paradise and be a shining star for anyone you have known in the darkest of times and you will eternally live on until we all take our last breath.

Monday, 21 September 2015, 9:57 pm
  • Sending pryaers prayers to my friend and is family. Such a tragedy! Sending positive thoughts and peace to his family?

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 9:13 am
  • Rest peacefully in paradise my brother Rockhead love you bro my condolences to his family

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 1:17 pm
  • Sorry for him, His family and the driver that hit him. He is now in the place where we all will be one day, RIP

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 12:23 pm
  • I don’t understand why people are on here making negative remarks. Its a tragedy all around for everyone involved. Even the driver. Instead of bashing, build people up. Offer your prayers, your blessings, your well wishes, your sympathy. This world is so full of ugly, spread peace. Those with negative remarks are missing the big picture 3 little girls lost their father, his fiance lost her other half. How about you offer some consoling words instead of being so cold & negative. May Brendan rest in peace and may his family & friends find some comfort & peace to get through this tragic time and in the days to come. A good soul gone way too soon.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 12:01 pm
  • Real shame my friend is gone . He was a great dude n a great father n did wat he had to for his family. He’s been takin way to soon

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:31 am
  • if any of you can read properly, you could obviously and clearly see that the car collided with a lawn worker and hit Brendan, as he was crossing the street…

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 10:29 am
  • RIP Rock….some people just have nothing good to say ever…may you rest in eternal peace….. god needed another beautiful angel to join your grandma xoxo you will be deeply missed by your family…..

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 10:23 am
  • Its cause people drive like A** hole idiots constantly & dont pay attention what so ever eather playin on there phones or completely oblivious to everything theres been so many times ive almost been hit on foot or in my vehicle it dont even matter people always in a rush n care less bout nothing…also im pretty sure this the same lady that cut me off on northcliff other day by deltona then started yelling at me when i did it right back….also not to sound mest up but i hope its the persons blood she hit thats all over her maybe she will learn to pay attention. There are also the times people act like they gunna let you go and they just take off or keep going like its a joke.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 3:02 am
  • Would like to know the full story. Not bits and pieces as the pedestrian was a friend of mine just trying to cross the road to get a soda. Would love to know if this woman will be charged in his death.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 12:58 am
  • This was my cousin and he is not an illegal even if he was he didn’t deserve to go out this way so young. Are you guys kidding me? If you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all. Please it’s really not needed right now.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 12:48 am
  • He was a good guy and a great father he always made sure his family had and read the driver hand book pedestrian have the right away the problem is driver just speed and that person also should be charged

Friday, 18 September 2015, 11:53 pm
  • R.i.p roc

Friday, 18 September 2015, 11:18 pm
  • HE WAS MY NEPHEW AND HE WAS AN AMERICAN WHITE IRISH/GERMAN BORN IN THE USA GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. HE WAS NOT AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. HE WAS THE FATHER OF THREE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS. HE WILL BE MISSED AND HE WAS MUCHED LOVED. AND HE PASSED AWAY BECAUSE OF SOME STUPID BITCH WHO DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE. WHAT THE F____. FOR GOD’S SAKE HE WAS CROSSING THE STREET TO GO TO CIRCLE K TO GET A SODA. THE WOMAN SHE HAVE BEEN DRIVING CAUTIOUSLY AND NOT SO FAST AND SHE SHOULD HAVE HIT THE LAWN MOWER INSTEAD OF MY NEPHEW. I AM TOTALLY DEVASTATED BY THIS. BOTH MY HUSBAND AND I ARE IN SHOCK AND DISBELIEF.
    DANNY & NILDA.

Friday, 18 September 2015, 11:01 pm
  • He is the father of my kids. He was not a lawn worker, he was crossing the street to go to the circle k for a soda, he was airlifted to bayonet point. He passed away.

Friday, 18 September 2015, 9:57 pm
    • I am so sorry or your loss and for your childrens loss. I am Christine’s sister in law. again so sorry <3

Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 8:40 pm
  • He passed away the nephew of my friend. They are so sad please pray for comfort for the family.

Friday, 18 September 2015, 9:17 pm
  • crossing the road in traffic you gotta be nuts .these people are allways in a rush an drivers are allways speeding too.

Friday, 18 September 2015, 7:37 pm
  • He passed away today

Friday, 18 September 2015, 7:35 pm
  • My cousin was a hard working man and please if no one has anything nice to comment then don’t at all please cause he does have kids n family who loves him n we are hurting very much please and thank u

Friday, 18 September 2015, 7:34 pm
  • Actually I know this man, and he passed away! He was not an illegal!

Friday, 18 September 2015, 7:33 pm
  • My cousin is not an illegal. He was a good man. A father of 3 and loved by many. He is dead because of the idiot that killed him!! I advise everyone that if you have an “ill opinion”, please keep it to yourself as we are mourning the loss of a wonderful man who didn’t deserve this!!

Friday, 18 September 2015, 7:30 pm
    • Larrianna I’m so glad you set this straight, about him being illegal immigrant.. His Mother is my Sister in law.. I wanted to say something, at the time I didn’t feel it was my place. Brandon was a great dad and a Good Guy, I am still in shock. I have a few choice words I’d like to say myself, but I will bite my tongue.. <3

Wednesday, 30 September 2015, 6:14 pm
  • He probably wasn’t but she was and she was there like nothing

Friday, 18 September 2015, 7:20 pm
  • This was my cousin and he died.

Friday, 18 September 2015, 7:16 pm
    • I’m so sorry for your loss. Prayers to your family.

Saturday, 19 September 2015, 5:39 pm
  • Probably was or wasn’t….he wasn’t airlifted to oak hill…daaah….

Friday, 18 September 2015, 4:55 pm
  • Would like to know what happened to the guy I’m sitting here at oak hill and there talking like nothing always blaming lawn people assuming there ilegal and have no rights

Friday, 18 September 2015, 3:50 pm
  • They get on your way like if you have to stop for them to cross it hapen to me twice already i dont know hoy i maneuver to not runn over him i olmost lose control of my pik up

Friday, 18 September 2015, 2:19 pm
  • Would like to see a follow up on this one on how it happened ,

Friday, 18 September 2015, 1:54 pm
  • Not for nothing but I also had a lawn worker jump off his equipment real fast and I had to maneuver into on coming traffic to not hit him… .They must also yeild with caution especially when there machines are so loud.

Friday, 18 September 2015, 1:48 pm
  • Saw it as we passed saying prayers

Friday, 18 September 2015, 1:04 pm