Perkins, Perkins, and Perkins, Offenders of Law

HERNANDO – Drug abuse, burglaries, traffic homicide, domestic battery, rape, and bank robbery are just a few alleged crimes committed by a at least three members of the same family and one of the lawbreakers used to be a law enforcer.

Yesterday we reported the arrest of 30-year-old Walter Tyler Perkins, after an incident at his home on Topaz Street led to charges of Rape and Battery (ORIGINAL REPORT).

Perkins has a long criminal history and has been in and out of prison for most of his life.

Residents who live near Perkins say “good riddance” because he’s terrorized the neighborhood since his release from prison last July.

Another more tragic incident occurred back in April, after 26-year-old William Cameron Perkins ran over a family of three, killing a 3-year-old little girl.

Perkins is charged with Driving on a Suspended License Involving Death and is currently free on a $30,000 bound. The mother and 1-year-old son are still recovering from injuries they suffered in the crash (ORIGINAL REPORT).

Most of Perkins’ criminal history involves thefts and dealing in stolen property but just three months prior to the fatal crash, Perkins was charged with Domestic Battery.

It would surprise most to know that Cameron Perkins’ mother was a well-respected Sheriff’s Office Detention Deputy at the Hernando County Jail for over 2-years. But the real shock would come when 46-year-old Elizabeth Perkins’ own mugshot joined the ranks of her relatives.

Perkins found herself behind bars last week, on not one but two charges of bank robbery; which if convicted, could send her away for the rest of her life.

FBI officials say Perkins pulled off a methodically planned armed bank heist at the Sunshine Bank in Plant City on February 10th. According to officials Perkins visited the bank and even talked to bank managers about a loan. The next day Perkins held the bank manager and another employee at gunpoint while she stole approximately $110,000 from the vault.

Citrus County Detectives say Perkins is also responsible for a March 24th armed robbery at the Brannen Bank in Floral City. Officials say Perkins used the same method as the Plant City heist by holding employees at gunpoint while she stole money from the vault.

Perkins remains behind bars on two counts of armed robbery.

Other members of the Perkins family have also faced various charges; Samantha Perkins – drugs, battery, and thefts, Anthony Ford Perkins – drugs, fraud, and thefts, and Jean Chesney Perkins – cocaine possession, just to name a few.

perkins 3

Comments
  • Amen, make it right!

Thursday, 28 July 2016, 1:58 pm
  • Wiiliam Perkins needs his bail revoked… Bailed out with stolen bank money. Whoever gave him the keys to the car he drove needs to be in jail too. Everyone needs to call the sheriff for blocking the accident from their website … Enforce the law – who at the jail is hand picking what gets blocked? All call the state attorney too….. Perkins killed a beautiful little girl and disabled a baby for life and destroyed a whole family…. Needs to be in jail forever.

Thursday, 28 July 2016, 9:58 am
  • They are most deffinently not all related…those are two different unrelated families of Perkins. Might wanna do your homework next time Mr. Lemons

Thursday, 28 July 2016, 12:09 am
  • @ Faith
    Yeah he did beat her but the mental problems the kids endure they inherited from Kathy. And the only one not messing with dope now is rob.
    Kathy inherited money from her dad passing and it all goes to drugs that she does with her kids.

Thursday, 21 July 2016, 5:17 pm
  • Hey. A mason. Who r u to say we and who r u to say whats appealing. Shut up chump. U know nuthing bout society.

Thursday, 21 July 2016, 5:05 pm
  • Because community events do not get aired over the scanner

Thursday, 21 July 2016, 11:13 am
  • To Wow1979. Hopefully reading these articles on here will make people realize the consequences of ones actions and make the public aware with today’s technology you can’t get away with anything.

Thursday, 21 July 2016, 2:52 am
  • Can’t there ever be something productive on any of this web site always people putting others down this isn’t the springer show.how about an article on something uplifting to our society

Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 11:24 am
  • lol, appreciate the headline, sir tom

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 11:41 pm
  • Sorry anonymous,, I knew her thru having horses. The kids seemed fed and clothed ok so that was all I saw. I know Robbie was mean and selling dope a long time ago. I was not comfortable around him.
    I know he beat her several times. Many kids grow up in a much worse situation and turn out OK so.maybe they inherited their Dad’s meanness. He seems to be in and out of jail frequently. I’m surprised he doesn’t go away for a long time. Evidently Kathy inherited property and money from her parents. Doesn’t seem to have helped them find a better more comfortable life
    I think getting hit in the head with a hammer would show you the error of your ways. Go figure .

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 10:29 pm
  • We wish you knew then what you claim to know now!

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 4:54 pm
  • And @ Faith
    Im Kathy’s niece and i dont ever remember her being a good mother. She treated her horses more like human beings than she treated her children.
    Things like this makes me sick to be apart of this family.

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 4:20 pm
  • If I knew then what I know now I would have never moved here to Hernando County, Nothing but crime and automobile crashes on a regular basses. It’s ridicules.

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 3:24 pm
    • On a more positive note. Perkin’s Pancake House used to make pretty good pancakes. 🙂

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 5:02 pm
    • sorry, lost it at the last part of your comment. You can tell by the spelling you were saying the words out loud to figure out how to spell them!

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 11:42 pm
  • Someone mentioned the father. Just look at the jail inmates he’s there. Robbie Perkins is a really mean person. I knew them when the kids were little. Robbie was always mean Kathy was a good mother then. Her sister , Marcy Carter died of an overdose. Really sad, they were decent people at one time. Don’t know what all went wrong but it is all terrible now. Tyler and samantha were always a less then loving little kids. Mom got beaten by Dad so that could answer a lot of questions. Quite sad for all.

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 12:28 pm
  • Hey Tom, why is Bull****1978 screen name not censored? I give my response mentioning the screen name and I am censored. If I am censored repeating someone’s scree name than that screen name should be censored as well, or changed. Just say in.

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 11:55 am
  • Kathy Perkins us the mother to Samantha and Tyler. I do not believe they are related to the other two “Perkins” y gave lusted

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 1:09 am
  • Please don’t always be so quick to blame the parents! We didn’t raise our daughter like that! She just got caught up with the wrong people after she thought she met Mr. Right. She was a grown woman by the time we learned ;(

Monday, 18 July 2016, 11:26 pm
    • The frikkin’ mother is in jail for robbing the bank and using the money and house to bail the low life murderer out, she’s the reason these idiot kids are the way they are. If she’d not have flashed her money, talked shit to and about her kids, and been a lying thief, we wouldn’t blame her. If the shoe fits………I’m just sayin’….Mom needs to go to federal prison and spend the rest of her life there. I hope she’s proud of the drug addicts and useless people she’s bred. I have not one ounce of sympathy for a person who enables a drug addict and murderer. That’s not a good mother!

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 5:50 am
  • I heard ma perkins bond was revoked bc she used the stolen money to make a mortgage payment on the house they put up for her bond and the judge didnt like that too much

Monday, 18 July 2016, 11:14 pm
  • That wife of william is a no good skeezer

Monday, 18 July 2016, 10:39 pm
  • But my daughter got 15 years for feeding her drug habit ! Queen Bee is what the SHERRIFFS DEPTARTMENT called the boyfriends mom who only got 48 months. RIGHT CYNTHIA BRADY? She is out and fed my daughter and her son pills ! So did Doctor Harold Sleight . See web sight. . WOW because she wouldn’t set anybody up or nark she is doing her time! please don’t get me wrong. She should do some time!! She dang sure deserves it! BUT BECAUSE SHE WAS USELESS TO THEM THEY SOCKED IT TO HER!!! But she didn’t kill anyone!!! THAT BASTARD GOT A FINE !!!!!!!! OBTW LOST HIS LICENSE FOR 15 years….. OOOOH !!!!! He can pay the fines because that BASTARD AKA ” LEGAL DRUG DEALER WAS GIVING PILLS AWAY” FOR CASH of course!!!!!! Cynthia Brady got 48 months!!!!! Dr Harold Sleights nurse got a “WHOLE YEAR”!

Monday, 18 July 2016, 10:22 pm
  • Perkins, Perkins and Perkins
    sounds like a law firm, lol ?
    Boy, I bet they WISH they were!

Monday, 18 July 2016, 10:04 pm
  • Nope not no were near a Perkins just same as you guys I got my opinions to just not as hateful and cruel as some of you people . Some of you people are gullible to believe everything you read

Monday, 18 July 2016, 9:04 pm
  • They seem to be great job security for law enforcement and corrections.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 6:26 pm
  • That is the initial investigation.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:38 pm
  • OK JD, ya got that one right. Cudos.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:36 pm
  • To Bull****1978, it is obvious your last name must be Perkins. Which one are you? This saga reminds me of the early stages of the Barker family instead of ma Barker it’s ma Perkins. Some time in the future ma Perkins and her boys will be out on a shooting spree.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:33 pm
  • Excuse me the Chevron

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:18 pm
  • Like I said half the crap posted are lies maybe not on this case but his evidence is based on what police say at the time it occurs not when the initial investigations are done .do you see him posting up what really happencouple weeks ago at the marathon gas station in brooksville the lil bitch in the passenger seat damn near killed three people over her boyfriend not stopping at the doller general so she snatched the steering wheel and put a young man in hospital in a coma fighting for his life .

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:52 pm
    • Was her last name Perkins as well?

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:22 pm
      • Where’s the like button. Good one!

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:59 pm
  • They remind me of the Fratelli family from the movie goonies lol

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:38 pm
  • She should’ve been sterilized a long time ago and her two sons should be sterilized now. We don’t need anymore unwanted babies from broken homes.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:36 pm
  • So Jackie. Did the money that was stolen pay for the two cars that you and William drive? I remember you saying that your mother in law had just bought them, and that would have been around the time that the bank was robbed. It’s known that this is how William got out of jail, with stolen money. You big mouths need to keep your mouths shut. William has no remorse and I’ve seen it myself. He’s a foolish, imbecilic waste of flesh who deserves to spend the rest of his life behind bars. Why should he be with his family when the innocent little girl is gone from hers forever? You selfish POS and you brag about it. Heartless and not one ounce of remorse, either of you. Now go shoot up.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:25 pm
    • Can bond be revoked since Elizabeth had no job (income) and couldn’t pay her mortgage as I read in another article? The money she used to bail that low life, scum sucking, dope head loser of a son (who was the one who was mentioned with helping with this heist) was stolen!! That’s in the court records with her name as the one who bonded her partner in crime out.

Yep, all family alright. Perkins Crime Family.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 6:02 pm
  • Have you quit smoking? If not, you obviously are not as heart broken as your post leads us to believe.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:19 pm
    • William Perkins

July 15 at 7:29pm ·

Well folks I’m sorry to announce that the Perkins Fencing Company will be out of business for a while. Due to certain circumstances I’ve lost my house which has left my wife and I homeless. I’ve had to swallow my pride and take a minimum wage job today. We’ve been sleeping in our car and will have to continue to do so until I save up enough to get back on my feet. I apologize to any customers however I can recommend another good fencing company to fill my place until I reopen the Perkins Fencing Company. Thank you to all those who have lent a helping hand this past week my family and I are very grateful.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:33 pm
      • William Perkins

19 hrs ·

These past couple of weeks have been rough on us all and I know a lot of people think I’ve turned to doing things I have done in the past but please let me set the record straight i may be homeless but thanks to the Lord and some good people today im gonna be doing much better I finally broke down and turned to God walked into a church cried and put my problems into the Lord’s hands and he answered me I got a better job a place to live. I want to apologize to those I’ve hurt in the past and I know you may think I’m living wrong but that’s far from the truth.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:34 pm
      • I have a feeling there are already TALL fences where William, Cameron, and Elizabeth Perkins are going so who care about Perkins Fencing Company?

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:17 pm
        • Elizabeth used stolen money to bond William Cameron out in May. He’s also living in a house in Dade City, or was until he lost it. He is deceptive with Perkins Fencing Company, claiming it originated the year he was born. I hope that SOB has a heavy load of Karma hit him square in the head! Elizabeth is going to Federal prison. Walter Tyler and William will be state level. William Cameron has already filed a motion to dismiss the charges, and I’d love to see the reason for that. He’s also requested a jury trial. Let me sit on that jury, please.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 5:58 pm
  • You aren’t out putting fences up? Instead you try to play like you have a little remorse when you don’t. Remorseful people don’t go out and have fun and claim differently. Oh, I got it. You are now using it as an excuse to do your drugs. How stupid of me not to realize that.
    Tom has a record but he’s not been convicted, I don’t think. He’s mentioned it before and it’s very low of you to even try to inject that when it’s a fact that you killed a child and will hopefully go to prison. If you were throwing a butt out (a joint maybe, or is that too soft of a drug for you?) is littering and that is against the law.
    I hope your mother remains behind bars for the rest of her life. That way she won’t be able to help you in yours. The Perkins family are nothing but a bunch of useless, ugly people, including your wife, Jackie. Trash breeding more trash. Despicable.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:14 pm
  • No ashtray, Mr. Perkins? What a difference, that one second it would have taken. I’m sure a luxury vehicle (even a 2002), comes with one.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:58 pm
  • These three ***holes need to be hung over in front of the court house, all three are life’s losers and do nothing but steal the air that most folks breath. By the way, it looks like some of the authors commenting on the losers should join them. Get off the drugs before you respond by using one finger.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:58 pm
  • You people are something else
    Complete idiots at times
    You think people are ugly now
    Wait till the end of this year better enjoy while we can
    The good ole US of A
    Why can’t y’all be a part of the solution
    Not be or create problems

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:47 pm
    • I hope they don’t breed any more kids. Those poor kids being raised by entitled, ignorant people, who are nothing but a bunch of dope heads and liars. The Perkins family is what is wrong with America. They have no respect for anyone and always want their shit free. Thieves and that includes William. No morals, no values and feel that we all owe them something. We do, a death sentence so that we don’t have to feed and house, pay for medical and all of that for them in jails until they die.
      I bet Momma Dukes is doing drugs with her ignorant offspring and their mates. Say bye-bye and let her be gone. Crazy lady.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:19 pm
  • Are you still sticking to your test drive story, or will you admit you continual drive with a suspended license, while illegally littering by throwing a lit cigarette out of the window?

I personally don’t believe your version of events. But since you still have your freedom, you have the opportunity to take steps to make things right. I hope the remorse is real, but i ask – What have you done since the accident to make amends to the family?

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:39 pm
    • His wifes father told the truth when he was interviewed by this news outlet. He was shooting up and speeding, as usual and came up with this story. The car had needles in it when he wrecked and he did not call the law first, instead his wife. Who does that, but someone trying to cover something up?

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:52 pm
  • Ah yes William Cameron Perkins, I feel so sorry for you. No wait I don’t. For someone who is supposedly filled with grief you and your former addict wife have no problem posing for facebook photos full of smiles and alcohol. If you were so grieve stricken, I’d like to think you wouldn’t be drinking and smiling. It’s one thing to be a POS, it’s another to try to lie about it. Maybe you have changed in the last month, but judging by her posts I wouldn’t think so.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:38 pm
    • Apparently he didn’t read the interview of Jackie’s father. I’ll believe him over a junkie, a baby killer and a mother who has done nothing but enable her junkie kids. That’s why she robbed the bank, to get the baby killer out of jail. That’s where the bond money came from. For God’s sake, the lady couldn’t even make her mortgage payments but she can support a baby killer and his junkie, ugly ass wife.

This is why people hate them all. They have not one bit of remorse and he’s hoping to use this shit to get him off the charges.

You were shooting up when you were speeding, as you always do down the road and LIED like hell about the cigarette….and what about that drug test you failed? Yes, I heard that you failed the drug test, and if officers said you were sober, they all need better training. Or is it that they knew your Mom and you used her as an excuse?

I hope they all fry. The did this to themselves and I have not one ounce of sympathy for them. The family he destroyed, my heart breaks for them. I hope neither he nor Jackie every get custody of their kids bad. Horrible examples set, not only by the parents but this shitty mother of baby killer too.

Scum of the Earth is what they are.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:48 pm
  • You think people are going to listen to a baby murderer?

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:23 pm
  • Exterminate them, they are no benefit to society and not worth the time, effort and money to rehab. I’d rather those dollars be put into a law enforcement scholarships for the next generation than wasted on this trash.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:11 pm
    • toushee. Put the money on sufferers of mental disabilities. Not criminal trash.

Wednesday, 27 July 2016, 6:06 pm
  • What a family, those Perkins are.

One charged with rape.

One drove on a suspended license and ran over a family. taking the life of an innocent little girl

And good ol’ Ma Perkins, robbing banks.

Hopefully they rescind the cowards ploy Willie boy Perkins took, using a loop hole that he had family who worked for LEO, to protect him from his full record being made public.

These are not insignificant misdemeanors this family has accused of. Taken as a whole, they show a family with absolute contempt for the law and no concept of personal responsibility.

Based on their mug shots and the fact related in this article, it appears the whole family are a bunch of malcontents, drug abusers, thieves and general lowlifes.

All of them need serious, no special favors given, no more chances, hard time in the general population of a prison.

Especially Ma Perkins, don’t let her former, brief employment with the Sheriffs office, give her any special consideration. Robbing a bank isn’t a spur of the moment thing. It’s not a spontaneous act. It all speaks to her true, core nature and lack of ethics.

In fact, all their actions speak to what pitiful, sorry, remorseless and worthless, individuals, they are. Life is not easy, but most people manage to go through life, struggle with problems, face challenges, experience set backs and difficult times — YET, they work to overcome problems, live with decency and simply try to do the best they can.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 2:54 pm
    • Very well said .. And so correct..

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:20 pm
      • I seriously doubt that Morgan, Morgan and Morgan would handle the cases of Perkins, Perkins and Perkins.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:38 pm
  • And the only other perkins that is related to the same person at the end of the article is samantha.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 2:43 pm
    • The Perkins Crime Family. They’re related.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 8:37 pm
  • This is a good example of “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”.
    In this case it is appleS!

Monday, 18 July 2016, 2:02 pm
  • Wow and you know some of the other Perkins have turned there life’s around and I don’t think it’d right that you of all people get to slander anyone’s names or let alone half the **** you tell on your reports of all the accidents are no were near correct

Monday, 18 July 2016, 1:37 pm
    • First, it would be libel, not slander. Second, trust is an absolute defense to libel. I don’t see anything in this article that is not public record or that would libelous.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:07 pm
    • The article is all true. With a screen name like yours, it makes me think that YOU are one of the folks mentioned in the article.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 3:20 pm
      • hahaha sounds about right !!!

Monday, 18 July 2016, 4:18 pm
      • Seriously

Monday, 18 July 2016, 6:41 pm
  • OMG, why are these people even allowed to still walk the streets of the Earth. The entire family (although I hadn’t read anything about the father) is corrupt and shouldn’t be able to be among normal citizens.

Monday, 18 July 2016, 1:08 pm
    • Dad has been in jail at the same time as his son! Oh and the son used the law enforcement exemption to get his bail reduced and his information blocked on Hernando County Jail’s website. Trying to get the state attorney to reduce the charges….. He killed Ava – who was 4 years old and horribly disabled Spenser who’s 1 yrs old – both mom Lacey and sister Tana was injured and will have a hard time overcoming it. Everyone needs to call Hernando County State attorney and have them charge the one that gave William the keys to the car that he drove – he hasn’t had a licenses in a couple of years and the whole family knew it – that’s aiding and abetting – so they should be charged too!!!

Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 4:38 pm