Pit Bull Eats Puppies After Giving Birth, Owner Charged with Animal Cruelty

BROOKSVILLE – A Pit Bull owner is charged with animal cruelty after an incident last Thursday led Animal Enforcement Officers to find three Pit Bulls living in deplorable conditions.

According to officials, Deputies responded to the 800 block of Leonard Street around 2:30 p.m. Thursday, after reports that someone had been bitten by a loose Pit Bull. Upon arrival Deputies learned that the dog’s owner, 21-year-old Deandre Goodson lived nearby at 871 Josephine Street.

When deputies searched the property they discovered two Pit Bulls bound by heavy chains and did not have water. A third pit bull, a female, was found to be in distress, malnourished, and had extensive scarring on her face and on the front of her body. Deputies say the dog was unable to walk and had mutilated wounds that were already healed over. The dog were seized and transported to Animal Services for immediate medical attention.

Deputies made contact with Goodson who agreed to meet with them at the Animal Services Office in Brooksville.

Goodson told investigators that a friend have him the dogs a year ago and that he had fed them regularly. Goodson says the female recently gave birth to two pups but that she ate them shortly after giving birth. Goodson explained that the female Pit Bull’s injuries were the result of the other two Pit Bulls attacking her. For reasons unknown, Goodson decided not to seek treatment for her injuries.

Goodson was taken into custody and charged with one count of Animal Cruelty. He is currently free on $5,000 bond.

goodson put

Comments
  • yes that poor dog,very sad I cant say what I want too, but I beleave in eye for an eye,you know the drill!

Tuesday, 3 January 2017, 5:58 am
  • Let me tell you all…… Neighbors have reported the situation to EVERYBODY we could, The SHERIFF HIMSELF told people that nothing can be done, We have people who cant sit on their own rear patio because of the stink from the dog crap, We contacted mosquito control in the summer to report a green half filled swimming pool as a problem. Nothing done,. The people involved have long criminal histories, A drug raid took place there, The people who were arrested on a litany of charges are all out of prison even after being arrested again after that,. There are cars parked on the lawn with license plates that get switched around often or are left with no license plates, Code Enforcement does not respond to complaints, Children live in this disaster and DCF does nothing, We cant even think of selling our homes because a potential buyer would see the mess there and run.
    The county pays the rent on the dump and is blind to the situation,

It is obvious that the people involved are being protected from any action against them for a reason we cant understand. .

In fear of reprisals I will not post the address of the location.

Friday, 30 December 2016, 10:32 am
    • Well Are you kidding, live in fear and stop posting stuff and complaining if your not going to man up and truly get the the problem resolved. …Bottom Line…

Friday, 30 December 2016, 10:10 pm
      • And what do you recommend as the next step?

Saturday, 31 December 2016, 8:59 am
  • MIKE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD I STAND BY AND WATCH AN ELDERLY PERSON BE ATTACKED BY DOGS. ( There are a few neighbors near me I might look away but ELDERLY NEVER.) I also am victim of being retaliated against & am still being harassed by these “people”. I have reported loose dogs only to watch aimal control oficer & dog owners realize they were “buddies” & hold a coffee clatch to catch up on “WHAT YOU BEEN DOIN’??” reported loose dogs again – animal control officer very snotty, me in tears trying to see what next step is, – she calls for sherriff’s officer & makes out like I’M the bad guy !!!! So not only are dog owners & their friends retaliating & harassing me, I feel sherriff’s officers & animal control have joined in too !! YOU SHOULD NOT BE IDENTIFIED TO PERPETRATORS AS FAR AS I’M CONCERNED. REPORTERS ARE BEING S
    SET UP BY ALL INVOLVED.
    ALSO, way back in end september UNBELIEVABLE & I posted many pleas for people to drive defensively, be courteous on roads, slow down, LIVE TO SPEND HOLIDAYS WITH YOUR FAMILY. We can’t drive everyone around. When all these accidents & deaths happen, all we can do is pray for the families & injured/deceased. Which we do. If we could change it we would but God won’t let us ” wiggle our noses ” like bewitched’s Samantha.
    LIKE YOU SAID, LOVE, PEOPLE HAVE BRAINS & DON’T USE THEM. CAN’T CHANGE THAT !!!!

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 10:02 pm
    • 1-877-TIPS-HSUS $5,000 reward for reporting Dog fighting

Friday, 30 December 2016, 4:02 am
  • MIKE AND ELS, AGREE COMPLETELY WITH YOUR POSTS. WELL SAID!

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 5:02 pm
  • Mike, don’t hate dogs just stupid irresponsible “owners”. When properly trained & socialized dogs can be a blessing- like service dogs for instance helping folks with disabilities ( hearing impaired, seizure prone, child advocacy in courts, etc.) Hernando county has antiquated laws that endanger not only the abused animals but whoever reports the abuser. When a despicable situation such as this pops up they DON’T NEED TO GIVE PERSON’S NAME THAT REPORTED IT. ACTUALLY WHEN ANY COMPLAINT IS MADE THEY SHOULD NOT BE GIVING OUT REPORTEES NAME ADDRESS JUST DEAL WITH COMPLAINT.

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 10:38 am
    • But they do has happened and got retailated against by the people and tom people threatened a mans life with drive by on here and i cant write white liberal smh unbelievable i dont hate dogs just the ones well your right i dont but i think yall would watch an old person get killed by one and blame dead guy thats how i feel look at the deaths that happened over weekend and yall make a bigger deal over a animal. But you are right i dont hate them people are worse because they have a brain and dont use it.

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 2:27 pm
  • I hate dogs want my address

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 7:40 am
  • I am starting this New Year on a positive note…We are a small town in a massive lamd mass..We need our elected officials to step up..no more apartments, no more strip malls …we want job’s. We pay millions of dollars every year we wnnt ROI…Not sad dog stories step up Tom be our voice. …

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 7:09 am
    • idiot, i’m thankful Tom post stories like this, go play in traffic

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 9:42 am
  • The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 12:28 am
  • I hope someone pays this douche bag a visit. & if he’s lucky, he’ll loose just an eye. Maybe slap his momma around too for raising ( or NOT raising) this buckwheat bitchboy. Feed them to the dogs!! What was his address again ?

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 9:14 pm
  • Sit in jail? Three meals? NOT! Have him clean the crates at the rescue or anmiall control. Sure clean up poop, not stop and give back to all animals. Those dogs need to be waled and fed and have crates , and water. Think he could learn a new skill?

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 8:49 pm
  • Well now MR.Goodson you are a true piece TRASH ! your BUTT needs to tied to a tree and made to suffer like Them dogs! let me guess this is the way your mama brought you up. people like you don’t need dogs you need to be on a chain gang doing time and not getting out on 5K and your EBT Card taken away and stop living on people that work for a living.
    Have a great day you low life sorry piece of trash.

The Watcher

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 8:32 pm
    • funny thing is i saw his sorry butt eating at a fast food joint, but he can’t feed his animals, brooksville needs to do something about these poor abused animals.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 10:10 pm
  • ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? THIS POOR DOG IS IN SEVERE DISTRESS & YOU., goodson, HAVE THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO CLAIM YOU FEED HER????SHE ATE PUPPIES BECAUSE SHE IS STARVING TO DEATH!!! THANK GOD THEY DIDN’T SHOW THE OTHER 2 DOGS. THIS ONE WAS HORRIBLY ABUSED BY YOU. IT’S SICKENING.
    I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU’RE OUT ON BOND.
    I ALSO CANNOT THINK OF A PUNISHMENT SEVERE ENOUGH FOR YOU ALTHOUGH I’D LIKE TO SEE YOU SUFFER THE SAME AS THE DOGS – ESPECIALLY THE ONE PICTURED.
    YOU ARE EVIL,VILE,VICIOUS,DISGUSTING, LYING
    LOWLIFE TRASH THRU & THRU.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 8:04 pm
  • I’d like to take a bat to his head! Maybe “LUCILLE”. Weak, pathetic excuse of a human being, POS.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 8:00 pm
  • far too common. people just get these dogs to say they have them.. not for a pet or to be loved but like buying some shoes to toss in the corner and often they are abused and neglected. its a terrible awful shame. could not even give these animals water. to me thats torture.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 7:25 pm
  • Two other dogs were probably dog fighting and the hurt one lost. Lets tie this dirt bag up with heavy chains, give him no food and water and let him get beat on by two people. It would have been better if his mother would have eaten him at birth. People like this should never be allowed to own another animal. I sure as hell hope the dude who gave him this injured dog does better with the twins he’s going to father in a few months.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 7:15 pm
  • The pit bull should of ate his sorry a_s and s__t him out!!.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 7:06 pm
  • Put this piece of s___ in chains with no water or food. Lock him up and forget about that trash. Put him out on the highways with a stripe jump suit with a sign around his neck staying he is an animal abuser and I belong in jail.
    Throw away the key. Never want to see his sorry a__ on the streets again.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 6:54 pm
  • Are you stupid or what? Shame on you. Makes me sick.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 6:42 pm
  • Chain him up and let the hungry pit bulls at him. Disgusting people who take animals and abuse them instead of giving them to someone who will care for them. Put him on the list.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 6:27 pm
  • PRAYERS FOR THAT POOR MAMA DOG – DEATH TO THE “OWNER”.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 6:18 pm
  • Makes me sick to my stomach !!

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 6:09 pm
  • interesting, there is a house near me with at least 6 dogs being kept under conditions like the article describes but nothing is being done about it, its heart breaking when we hear the yipping of a bait dog getting killed, These dogs are moved in large cages in the late night, the dogs are never seen but can be heard barking all day, certainly if any of these dogs were to escape they would be a danger to people; it seems the house nearby is used for breeding and fight training.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 6:04 pm
    • Are you kidding me- please list the address

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 8:33 pm
      • Suzy, not knowing who you are, I would be leary of listing address myself. You could be one of the folks written about or a friend of tbeirs. Maybe “are you kidding me”is better off calling sherriff’s office & try to have them check this out. Perhaps they can set it up anonymously so dog folks won’t know who called.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 10:03 pm
        • you can tell them I called them wtf does it matter if they know who called, save those little innocent souls.. you are just as bad as the owners if you do nothing!

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 8:20 am
      • 871 Josephine st. It would be a shame if someone nailed his doors shut & burned it down,or did a drive by

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 4:07 am
    • If you inform animal control they want your name, address, etc.Be careful because THIS WILL SET YOU UP FOR RETALIATION & REVENGE. It’s a stupid statute/law that allows scum to keep abusing animals & any humans who cross the scum. THE COUNTY CAN CHANGE THIS – WHY WON’T THEY??? THEY REMAIN PART OF THE PROBLEM WITH STUPID LAWS. Maybe call ASPCA talk to them. In the meantime,pray for the dogs & God’s guidance. I’ll pray for you & for the dogs.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 9:52 pm
      • Damn right you have a drug dealing … dog fighting neighbor who will come after your a$$. The laws need to change in this county … on so many areas I can’t even count them all! Scum bag shouldn’t be allowed to own pets ever again! He should be charged with a felony just as if he were selling drugs.

The ASPCA does not care. It’s too much work. They’d rather sit on their butts and get their pay!

I pray every day for this god forsaken county and it doesn’t do any good.

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 6:54 pm
      • HSUS offers a $5,000 reward for reporting dog fighting. 1-877-tips-HSUS

Friday, 30 December 2016, 3:58 am
    • WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? CALL ANIMAL CONTROL,TELL ME I WILL, YOU KNOW THIS IS GOING ON AND YOU DO NOTHING.! I LITERALLY CANNOT BEILIEVE YOU SEE AND HEAR THIS AND DO NOTHING!!! SHAME ON YOU. cap locks aside this is repulsive if i ever see an abused animal i call, mlk is full of these losers and i will report them all, i cannot deal with abused animals, this fed up world.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 10:08 pm
    • Call the cops… everyday do your duty as a neighbor.. Report this don’t just sit there and complain…. Call the shelter, a rescue. it costs you nothing.. DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM AND STAND AROUND AND WATCH… HELP THEM POOR BABIES.

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 8:19 am
    • I pray the proper authorities go there and help the poor dogs and charge the culprits with the maximum that law allows. Whoever does these kinds of things to animals have no souls or conscience.and should be punished accordingly.

Thursday, 29 December 2016, 10:50 am
    • Are you kidding, Quick question where do you live so these dogs can be checked on…so don’t talk about it be about it…..provide the address

Friday, 30 December 2016, 10:06 pm
  • He can come up with at least $500 to get out of jail but not anything to feed those poor dogs. Disgusting!!!!

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 5:58 pm
  • It’s not the dog, the breed pit bull, it is definitely the owners who need to be cited and punished.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 5:56 pm
  • I often wonder how the dogs get that bad before anyone turns them in. Bless those poor dogs. No animal or human needs to be treated like that. I hope they give him a maximum sentence.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 5:55 pm
  • P.O.S.!……I hope they throw him under the jail. Sad that people treat animals this way.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 5:33 pm
  • I’m not fond of pit bulls but no animal should be treated like this. Bethy knows what to do with this pos! These dogs are way way over bread, the shelters are full of them.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016, 5:31 pm