Pit Bulls Viciously Attack and Kill Cat, Woman Injured Trying to Save Her

SPRING HILL – It’s not very often that we turn the camera around and report on an incidents that directly involves RNRF, but because the safety of the community is possibly at risk, this time we feel it is appropriate.

Around noon today, three Pit Bulls (possibly Bull Dog Mix) attacked my mother and her 15-year-old Main Coon Cat on her property off Nodoc Road. My mother, Brenda, only suffered minor injuries, but sadly her cat “Pi” died during the vicious attack.

While en route to her residence, I located one of the dogs running on San Antonio Road. I followed the animal west across Barclay Ave until it disappeared into a wood line.

A neighbor, who was unaware of the attack, captured two of the animals and held them until an Animal Control Deputy could respond. Unfortunately, before they could be taken into custody, the animals escaped and are now on the loose.

According the responding deputy, when the animals are captured they will be quarantined until they are identified and or cleared of the rabies virus.

Deputies are actively searching for these three very dangerous animals.

If you have any information on who may own the animals, please notify the Sheriff’s Office at 352-754-6830 or Animal Services at 352-796-5062.

UPDATE: 5/30/2015, 5:36 P.M. – Thanks to a viewer tip, Animal Control responded to 6021 Nodoc Road where one of the Pit Bulls was located and impounded. A man at the residence denied owning the dog.

Animal Control is still searching for the other two Pit Bulls.

Dog 1

Pitsdfsdf Pit Bull 2 Pit Bull 3

Comments
  • I’ve owned 2 pit bulls. 2 of the best dogs I’ve ever had. They we’re NEVER, EVER ALLOWED TO RUN LOOSE!! Any dog, big or small can bite! Especially large breeds such as pits, dobies, rots, should ALWAYS be on a leash! Anyone in their right mind would know that they are running a risk of someone getting bitten or worse letting the dog run loose. . Once a pit bull bites and gets the taste if blood, it’s likely to do it again. Sad for the dog because the owners are idiots, but sadder for the the people and animals that are the victims. I’m so sorry Tom for the loss of your mom’s cat. I hope she’s OK. Blessings…

Friday, 5 June 2015, 12:42 pm
  • There are to many people who are misinformed about pit breeds to even attempt to set it straight here. There are too many lay people ( not to antagonize others but, there is a distinct difference in pet owners vs. Animal handlers) Most people are set in their choices to how they feel about the breed to even attempt to unravel it. A cautionary tale would be: in the 1950s we almost drove one dog breed into extinction because of the general publics hatred. That dog is a Presa canario. We as humans have done this to them. By over breeding by people who have no idea what they are doing. Inbreeding and cross breeding to magnify certain characteristics or looks. This has created breed issues in all dogs including health issues. Dogs are not born bad :(. It is always the owners responsibility. I was attacked by a boxer the only thing that saved me from huge amounts of damage to my hand was knowing how to handle myself. I don’t blame the dog. The owner knew the dog was mean and did nothing to prevent it. We should stop persecuting the dogs for being dogs. The owners should be held responsible and bad owners should not be allowed to have dogs. Or people who want to own a dog especially on the dangerous dog list should have to take a class and be certified.

Tuesday, 2 June 2015, 1:08 pm
  • I think we should do away Brian B and all like minded people. Just sayin

Tuesday, 2 June 2015, 11:14 am
  • Pit bulls…AGAIN.. Yeah they’re wonderful dogs until they latch on to one of your kids or your grandmother’s leg as she collects the morning paper in her night gown. It’s always the same story. “He was such a friendly LOVING dog who just loved and adored all living creatures. He would never hurt a fly” Then it attacks a sleeping baby and drags it around the trailer. You can’t train something out of a dog that is biologically hardwired in them. Is called “instinct”. It insures the survival of a species. Siegfried & Roy “trained” tigers to jump through hoops, sit on pedestals and make a peanut butter jelly sandwiches, drink from tea cups or what ever they do…It STILL tried to eat Roy’s head. Pit Bulls were bred to fight. They have a head like a engine block. It’s not a poodle.

Tuesday, 2 June 2015, 10:19 am
  • Only Law enforcement should only be allowed to own/use mean dogs…
    The rest of us should own a Gun.

The trend is the criminals own mean dogs because they can’t possess a gun. So they end up with something more dangerous than a gun.

Tuesday, 2 June 2015, 7:01 am
  • I agree with you Angie. My dog is NEVER left to run the neighborhood alone. She does however, have free reign of my fenced yard. I don’t socialize my dog with strangers either, and SOME people tell me I’m wrong for doing that. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one. AND, for MY safety, I trained my pit bull in Italian so she listens to me, my daughter and my grandaughter. NO ONE else can give her commands. I slipped one time and told her to go lay down, and she looked at me as if to say “what?”……then I said it in Italian and she did as she was told. It’s NOT the breed, it’s the OWNER that’s responsible for the way any animal behaves.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 9:18 pm
  • I should first apologize, Tom you’re correct the breed of dogs that attacked the cat is not your fault I am sorry. The dogs should have been on a leash or supervised in their fence. The dogs were being dogs, my dogs who are sweet as can be would attack a cat or a squirrel. Bull terriers are hunters by nature that does not make them mean or vicious it makes them animals. Once they kill a domestic cat there is a better chance of them doing it again 🙁 . I have three dogs of different breeds all on the dangerous dog list and even though they have the sweetest disposition I take no chances when it comes to the safety of others. They are always supervised outside and they are never allowed to interact with strangers. It is the responsibility of the owner to keep the community safe from their pets. They have a mouth and a mind of their own you never know what they are thinking and sometimes their body language doesn’t give you enough time to react.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 5:08 pm
  • mad dog mom…I am so-so very sorry for what you went through. I too love all animals and to lose your baby in this manner is unthinkable! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I have 4 kittens that I recently rescued after their stray momma kitty was killed by a car in front of my home. I spent a week going door to door looking for her babies, and after a week a neighbor contacted me that he found some kittens under his shed. I was so relieved that they were still alive! I would be happy to give you a kitten if you decide in the future that you’re ready for another kitty, of course I would ask that it not be let outdoors. I have only house cats b/c I know that these days it is not safe for any cat to be outdoors. Any animal allowed outdoors is in danger of traffic, predatory animals, or even worse…they’re at risk of being caught by one of the idiots that write their ignorant remarks on here. Please do not take to heart some of these absolutely stupid remarks posted on here…I wish these idiots would do us all a favor by just sticking with the cartoon station or their video games, a topic they possibly might know something about…but that’s even a stretch! Best Wishes.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 3:42 pm
  • I love all dogs, I just lost my best friend last year. He was Pis protector and adoptive parent. Pit bulls are a beautiful breed. I would never own one as I know I would not have the skills to manage one properly. Owner responsibility. All dogs will bite. But the bite of a poodle is not the same as a pit bull or rottieller, mastill, doberman. These breeds can kill just because of their size and strength. One other point; Pi was a house cat sleeping on her perch. These three dogs came on my porch and pulled her off her perch. She wasnt running from them that would inniate the chase instinct. That is what makes me terrified for the public. Oh, the dogs will not be put down, but the owner will be fined and the dogs will be put on probation. Both males were intact which makes them more aggressive, One more thing, if youve ever seen your pet being pulled apart by dogs, her leg almost completely torn off, crying for help my motherly instinct kicked in and I had no choice but try to save her. She was a very gentle, sweet, loving cat who feared dogs. What a horrible way to die Ive lived here twentythree years, and I like Nodoc Rd I guess if I was a victim of rape I would have blamed for wearing short shorts. Once bitten ..Mom

Monday, 1 June 2015, 12:29 pm
  • NO, I bred, raised and trained Germans for Massachsetts leos, I never said Pit Bulls. My knowledge of training gave me the knowledge to rehad my OWN Pit Bull.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 12:21 pm
  • Scooter pie, not sure where you were educatéd. Surely doubt you trained, bred, and raised pit. Pulls for Mass Leo, they don’t use pit bulls, aren’t you just special. And no, it was not my fault that my Pit Bull was aggressive. She was a pup as I stated, therefore puppies are playful and agressive. You do not seem to understand what you read. I never stated that the dog was bad, however she came from a mother & father who were bred and trained for fighting.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 12:01 pm
  • I’m sorry that this happened to your mom and cat, however, I’m super disappointed in RNRF for becoming like every other news source…any time something like this happens, the headlines scream PITBULL VICIOUS ATTACK or something else… PITBULLS aren’t mean. Cats and dogs sometimes just do not mix. My PITBULL is terrified of cats. Maybe the cat antagonized the three pits? WHO KNOWS. don’t demonize them.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 7:26 am
  • I am sorry about your mom’s cat.

I own a pitbull who is a service animal for my 8 year old daughter and is just as nice as pie but he is dog aggressive due to being attacked at the dog park by a Rotti. Before that happened, he loved to go to the park so he could run and play with other dogs. Not all pitbulls are p.o.s like one man stated, nor are all owners. There are plenty of pitbull owners like myself that have vet records. He absolutely loves my children. He is a big kitten that loves to sleep with my 8 year old! It isn’t the breed, it’s the owners!

Monday, 1 June 2015, 1:37 am
  • I owned a pit bull years back. She was a beautiful pup but was forced to sell her because she was too aggressive for my then six year old daughter. Janet you are an ignorant heartless person. You and scooter pie should bond. Tom my best to your mother. Oh by the way I own poodles, they are more lovable, and get along excellent with our CAT!

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 8:49 pm
    • Well, if your Pit Bull was too aggresive with your 6 year old, I blame YOU !!!! My 6 year old grandaughter climbs all over my pit bull, they play together, and my dog would protect my grandaughter from ANY kind of threat. First it was German Shephards, then Mastiffs, then Dobies…….this generations dog to pick on is the Pit Bull. My kids were raised with Germans, they didn’t have a choice, I bred, raised and trained them for the State of Massachusetts law enforcement……..this was when the Germans were on the “bad dog” list. Janet, look for me on Facebook…………sheesh !!!

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 9:57 pm
  • Just Me,,,so true! So many of these comments are obviously from people that belong on the Jerry Springer show…they sound as if they’re ignorant idiots. Nowhere did the article state that b/c these dogs are pit bulls they attacked a woman and her cat. The comments by Janet and You just go to show the real problem with society today…it’s certainly not b/c of animals, but due to idiots that should never be allowed to own one!!!

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 7:34 pm
  • Oops I meant lying not living…..I would also like to add, sounds like Janet needs to be put on a leash for attacking a helpless elderly lady doing what anyone with a ❤️ Heart would do

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 6:44 pm
  • Tom prayers to your mom and the loss of her cat, I would be absolutely devastated if this were to happen to one of my pets.
    My son had a pit bull that guarded my 3 grandchildren as if they were his own. I would be living if I would say I was not bothered but actually any dog can turn it isn’t necessarily the breed. His dog passed of old age and the boys miss their pet.
    Just one more comment…..sometimes I read comments on RNRF topics and it reminds me of the Jerry Springer Show. Janet you could have an entire segment based on just you….Beutch!

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 4:05 pm
  • Hey Angie, I don’t think you understand what happened here. Nobody is discriminating here. 3 dogs attacked a cat and it’s owner at their house. Those dogs happen to be bull dogs. The cat was sleeping on the front pourch, minding it’s own business. The owner hears a ruckus and comes to the aid of her beloved pet and the dogs turn on her. That being said, the fault lies with the owner of the dogs, the dogs where just doing what bull dogs do in a pack.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 3:03 pm
  • Sorry I meant attacks … Hate auto text correct!

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 1:41 pm
  • Tom Lemons – Has animal control found the other two dogs and/or owner yet??

It doesn’t surprise me that the man at 6021 Nodoc Road, where one of the dogs was found, denied ownership of the dog. And if he DOES own the dog he knows he has
    big expenses ahead of him over this attack! Medical expenses for your mom’s
    injuries, etc….

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 1:40 pm
  • Sorry about the occurrence. Thoughts and prayers! But when reporting put bill Attila they r labeled cruel and vicious and when it is a different breed they don’t even list the type of dog! ?! The media is who makes this breed a stereotype this is also true for people who raise them to fight!! Blame people not the breed! The dog should be put down when it attacks anyone and this is the same for any type of dog. Thoughts and prayers to everyone effected by this attack.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 1:38 pm
  • What’s the matter with NoDoc Rd

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 11:22 am
  • When have you EVER seen a cat on a leash? I was attacked walking my little dog on a leash, we made it that time but I won’t be attacked again so if you people can’t pen/fence your mean dogs up and I don’t care what breed, be aware you may need to save some money for your vet bill. Sorry for you loss of your mother’s cat, that really sucks.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 10:54 am
  • Anybody on these comments singling out PitBulls as a vicious breed is a moron. Get your heads out of the media’s butthole, first of all I have dealt with numerous people who claim omg these breeds are vicious and hostile, yet they have never owned them nor have ever dealt with them. They got all of there information from the media hence sources like this, or other news media around the world. All of there comments or accusations are based on something they heard from a third source. All dogs have a vicious side , I will say it again ALL DOGS HAVE A VICIOUS SIDE it is not singled out to one breed it just depends on what activates there instincts and guess what there was a cat involved enough said right there. It could of been a pack of chihuahua’s with the same result. So STFU with the pitbull this and pitbull that and move on.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 9:32 am
  • Tom I’m so sorry. My condolences to your mom. I’m sure she’s just heartbroken over Pi. I do agree with Angie that pits as a breed are forever marked as vicious, but that’s like saying we Italians are all members of the Mafia. I’ve owned a few and so have both my daughters and they were all sweet, loyal members of our family. I’m sorry that your family has had this happen. Prayers and a quick recovery for your mom.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 9:22 am
  • Pitt bulls can be such sweet dogs. It is sad to see them get discriminated against due to bad press and it is sad to see rnrf jump on the band wagon.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 12:52 am
  • I’m very sorry to hear of what happened to your mother Mr. Lemons …I hope she is ok. I love my mother very much and know I would be shaken if this were to happen to her. My thoughts are with you and I hope she is not in too much discomfort both physically and emotionally.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 9:52 pm
  • “nature happens” alert the president!

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 9:40 pm
  • The only problem with Pits is they tend to attract bad owners who want them for all the wrong reasons.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 9:22 pm
  • Very sad situation. I’m heartbroken for your mother losing her coon cat especially since he lived so long already. I had a coon and they are such a sweet loving breed, love them. So sorry for your loss. These dogs should never have been allowed to roam wherever they want to in the first place. Any dogs taking on pack mentality are dangerous to other animals and children. People should not have to fear for their own or their pets lives or safety on their own property because of ignorant owner’s not taking proper precautions to keep their pet contained and at home where they belong.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 9:09 pm
  • They don’t need to be put down, The people who want to own this breed or any dog needs to know and understand how to take care of the animals and not let them loose. You don’t know why they attacked, If they are being abused at home or scared because they are poorly mistreated because of there name.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 8:23 pm
  • I can’t stand it when people say bad shit about pit-bulls. No one ever reports shit when a Shepard or a lab kills a cat. Its just a dog thing. Not all dogs like cats its not just a pit thing its all dogs.
    Tom I’m Sry that ur mom was injured.
    I’m also saddened that the people in this town judge something only by what they have heard and not by personal experience.
    Dogs and cats don’t always get along its not the breed its the species.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 8:12 pm
  • It doesn’t matter what breed a dog is, the fact is we have leash laws and dogs should be leashed or fenced. Hunting instinct does not make it right for a dog to be loose to attack another animal or human. I had two dogs try to attack my dog last week while walking my dog on a leash and I was nipped trying to protect my dog. I was on a public street with a leased 10 pound dog. Had the owner been responsible and had his dog fenced this incident would not have happened. Dogs are not to blame; stupid owners are.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 8:11 pm
  • Wow. What a diversity of opinions. The bottom line is we live in a throw away society in this country, whether it’s ppl or animals. Humans fight to survive and so do animals. We all need to be more responsible to anyone, human or animal, that’s been tossed aside or neglected. Yes the owner of the dogs should be held accountable, if he is found, but it’s not hard to see the desperation of anything tossed away or left to fend for itself without restraint. The problem is, no one wants to get involved. And there’s always an excuse as to why. It’s obvious that the dogs were not secured properly, and who’s fault is that? Responsibility is mandatory when entrusted with animals and even humans. Is it any different than ppl who murder maim and rape? Are all ppl murderers? Are all pits viscous? No. A lot falls on the one who cared for them. Also, take an interest in your neighbors. You never know what good may come of it.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 8:01 pm
  • Some of the comments are just hateful. I would of tried to save my cat or dog to.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 7:15 pm
    • Yes, Native I agree with your comment…many of these comments are very hateful and just unnecessary! I too would have tried to save my cat. Owners have the responsibility of keeping their pets behind a fence, or on a leash…it’s the law! I disagree that dogs and cats don’t belong together. I’ve never had a dog that didn’t love cats and I’ve had animals all my life, and they are all rescues. It’s all in how an animal is raised, including pit bulls…no animal is born mean or aggressive. If a owner rescues a pit bull that’s been raised to fight they have the responsibility to keep it away from small animals and children because of the way they were trained, it’s not the dogs fault. Many people don’t deserve to own animals and because of this the animal suffers. Tom, I hope your mother is doing well after going through this terrible ordeal, please let her know that I’m so sorry for the loss of her beloved cat, they are another family member to anyone that is a true animal lover. I lost my 13 year old cat Friday night, the only comfort is that he went in his sleep…and btw my dog was lying at his side throughout the evening. So yes, cats and dogs can, and will, love one another if they are raised with care and love.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 3:41 pm
  • How about pet owners keep their pets where they belong? Both dog and cat owners!!! Shelter…food…water…a nice bed…dont let any pets roam free! Itmis not the dogs fault…it is the owners of both the cat and dog! SorrynTom! Glad your Mom is okay.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 7:08 pm
  • Doesn’t matter what breed the dogs are. Sorry for your mom and her cat. If it was my mom I’d just shoot the dogs . They don’t belong loose and I would be justified by doing so .

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 7:00 pm
  • To many , inbred and dumped dogs in this area , this results from ignorant people

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:52 pm
  • Called instinct just like people have instinct to kill other people do we put them down, shame on all you people, Pitbulls are a product of there owners so put them down, this really just makes me so mad, put the owners down and all who never been a dog owner never mind a Pitbull owner go pat your cats that kill snakes,mice pretty birds and so on.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:40 pm
  • Sorry about your mom’s cat.
    Laura, I’ve raised my pitbull for 5 yrs. He loves people, kids, other dogs, and he’s well behaved. But he happens to not like cats. Doesn’t mean I didn’t raise him properly. There’s stray cats around my house that have attacked him before.
    Also, I’m sure the dog didn’t mean to injure your mom, they were probably just after the cat.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:39 pm
  • Very sad, I’m so sorry to hear. In Broooksville, my disabled adult child has been surrounded by loose, snarling pitbulls that go underneath their fence.They were attacking my child’s beloved, highly trained and gentle service dog.Thankfully my child’s walking partner was a highly trained and gentle Mixed Martial Arts Fighter…he prevented a tragedy.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:31 pm
  • sorry to hear about the cat, and the lady.. but, as a rule dogs don’t like cats unless they are raised together, number 2 DONT SAY ALL PITS ARE BAD !!! it’s not the dogs fault.. IT”S THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE DOGS>>>ppl needs to quit about how pits are bad dogs and needs to be put down.. it is the persons who owns the dogs depends on how they are raised.. period… we have a pit mixed. and she is the most loving,caring, animal there is. she also goes to rehabs,, nursing homes and all… she is getting her service dog license…

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:29 pm
  • I don’t feel that people should rush to judgement so
    quickly in wanting to euthanize these dogs!
    Let Animal Control do their jobs in watching these
    dogs for viciousness/rabies first.

Tom Lemons – Did these dogs wear tags and were
    they up to date with shots/licenses???

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:25 pm
  • Hernando County should be like Dade county pit bulls are not allowed if you own here you have to have insurance on them they are killers . It’s not how you raise them it’s in there brain they are only killers that’s all you hear about bit bulls killed a child or another animal let’s do away with them

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:09 pm
    • Pit bulls where never bred to be ppl aggressive, animal aggressive there’s no denying that. Depending on the blood line and dog it can be next to impossible to break them of being animal aggressive. But to say they’re all killers is on the verge of ignorance. If there should be bans on owning a specific dog it should be equal across all species. That would be like saying you shouldn’t be aloud to have a larger cat because they will kill damn near anything they can catch ,birds ,squirrels ,rabbits ,etc. I had a neighbor who owned a main coon and it killed 2 young sand hill cranes in less then a week those are huge cats Most of the horror stories you hear on T.V are gassed up for ratings they tend to leave out the parts where the owner sets the dog on the victim or due to interbreeding the dog is not mentally stable and a child is left unsupervised with it. In which case its the owners fault or the breeders fault. Most pit bulls you see on T.V aren’t even pit bulls.The breed standard for males is only 35 to 50 lbs slightly smaller for females and most of the “killers” you see on T.V are 75+ lbs that is due to poor breeding. Well I’ve ranted long enough. Just educate yourself before you pass judgment on something that chances are you’ve had no experience with or if you have it was a one time bad experience that has left you with a mental scar that causes you to have unjustified hatred of something

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 1:50 am
  • Usually its shit bags that own pit bulls cause they match their mentality so it’s a perfect match. Yes their are some nice well mannered dogs but for the most part they are just as big of a piece of shit as the owner….plus, no doc rd….nuff said!!

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 6:07 pm
  • Janet, no where in this story does Tom make assumptions about pit bulls as a breed.You are the fool for reading something into the story that is not there. I live next door to miss Brenda and the fact is these three dogs are displaying pack mentality and are very dangerous. Thank God our kids were not playing in the front yard when this happened.
    whoever owns these dogs needs to man-up and turn the dogs over before someone else gets hurt.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:59 pm
  • I’m sorry for your mom about her cat and I’m glad she is ok. My grandparents live right by her and saw these dogs running around today. I doubt someone is hiding these dogs because there is so much wooded land around there. This isn’t the first time dogs in this neighborhood have killed another animal. A few years ago a pack of three dogs came onto our property and killed and attacked my pigs. I’m not saying they are the same dogs but these were also pit bulls. Not all pit bulls are mean its just how they are raised and what they are exposed to. I have had pit bulls growing up and they were awesome dogs. And Janet you truly are a heartless person. Dogs and cats can mix just fine if they are raised properly!!

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:44 pm
  • Tom Lemons – Please give your mother my condolence.
    I know it is very painful to lose a pet, they are part of the
    family. 🙁

I realize that not all Pit Bulls are vicious, BUT, they all
    CAN become vicious given the right circumstances!
    We should have LAWS in place as to how Pit Bulls
    should be kept under control at ALL times, preferably
    concrete and steel cages!!

Okay Pit Bull lovers out there in computer land, I know
    you all hate me for my statements and that’s fine by me!

One last thing, my baby brother (55 yrs old) owns 5
    Pit Bulls and they have sweet natures, BUT, to this
    very day I refuse to go visit him unless he locks them
    up in the garage before I get there!
    I should add that his dogs live in the house and they
    are around little kids all the time. None of them have
    ever bitten anyone and my brother has had other Pits
    that passed away without ever biting a single person!
    With all of that being said AND known, I still won’t go
    near a Pit Bull….Sorry Bro, I love ya though! 🙂

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:43 pm
  • There’s no need to put them down! They are animals they have their moment just like cats do. Do u put cats down when they scratch your hand or bite you? Im glad they will be returned to the owners when they get cleared. Sorry for what happened but I think people are way too hasty when they say kill the animal because it did an animalistic thing.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:33 pm
  • Im sorry for. Your loss of a beloved animal. I hope your mother recovers well. I have two pit bulls and a cat in my pit bulls are not aggressive towards my cat. The dog in the picture looks like a bull terrier not a pitbull. just cuz its a pitbull doesn’t mean they’re all bad. My my wonderful is rescued don’t know his background all I know is he was found eating out of a dumpster. and he is the sweetest people I have ever owned and is the sweetest dog towards my cat. certain dogs just do not like cat. I hope you find these dogs I don’t think they should be euthanized immediately I think they should be watched and maybe be adopted out.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:31 pm
  • janet You are an asshole Period.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:17 pm
  • You are a heartless ass Janet. You are very Insensitive maybe if it was your mom who was attacked by these dogs you would feel differently.
    So sorry to hear your mom was attacked and her cat was killed also happy to hear that she is okay.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:16 pm
  • What the hell does Pit bulls and Parolees have to do with it? Lol

Seems the dogs demonstrated their natural hunting instinct with the cat though, and mom got involved and they were intimidated.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 4:49 pm
  • just curious, how is it you know that is one of the dogs? I am sorry for your mom and her cat but it may be the dog, but no one knows. on a side note, a couple of friends have pitbulls… they are nt a BAD breed, only bad owners. I don’t have one or ever did.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 4:46 pm
  • that dog is not a puppy its a mix, an a pack of dogs is dangerous,someone is hiding these dogs orthey would have been found by now.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 4:38 pm
    • The first 2 pics are of a young dog. Probably around a year old and it may be a mix. Its just reaching maturity.

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 12:47 am
  • I’m so sorry this happened to your Mom. Losing a 15 year old cat is a tragedy. I’m glad she’s o.k. though. If the owners of the dogs have any integrity at all they will turn the dogs in. The fault lies with the owners. Three dogs of any breed will attack a small animal if the prey instinct kicks in. I don’t think they intentionally tried to hurt your Mom, or she would have been injured much worse. She is very brave for trying to save her cat.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 4:32 pm
  • So sorry to hear your family is going through this. I hope Mom is ok,

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 4:19 pm
  • Sorry to hear about your mother and her cat. Its a shame that people get breeds that they don’t know how to deal with. The dog in the picture isn’t more then a yr old. For a pitbull that age to aggressively attack a human is strange. Not to down play the situation but did they “attack” your mother or where they just after the cat.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 3:49 pm
  • Sending prayers!

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 3:48 pm
  • Wow just because it was a Pitbulls&Paroles you as media have to make out that it’s a bad dog, dogs and cats don’t mix and mother was just a fool to try to save 15 yr cat. Sorry

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 3:37 pm
    • AMEN !!!!! Just as dogs, cats aren’t supposed to be outside without a leash either !!!! My neighbor learned that after losing 5 cats, one by one they disappeared into the jaws of gators. DON’T blame the pit bull !!!! I have a pit bull, she’s a rescue from a fighting ring in Brooksville. I rehabed and retrained her.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 5:35 pm
    • They are bad dogs and very dangerous now that they had killed. It’s not the dogs fault but they need to be captured and trained. Cats and dogs do get along as long as they are trained properly. Being pitbulls has nothing to do with it. Right now they are free animals running in a pack and that alone makes they dangerous. The next attack could be a child.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 8:20 am
    • Janet is an idiot!

Sunday, 27 November 2016, 4:50 pm
  • glad your mother was not seriously injured and so sorry for the loss of her beloved pet. I hope they find these dogs soon before they truly enjoy another human.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 3:29 pm
  • Hope your mom will be ok. We will keep an eye out we live right up the road and my cat is outside as well!!

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 3:29 pm
  • They need to be put down immediately

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 3:21 pm
    • No they don’t they did what comes naturally when dogs run in a pack. They need to be apprehended and trained, the owner needs to be locked up. It’s way past time to stop playing around with people who own animals that have not had their shots are licensed and properly trained and housed. Time for a ten year sentence for these scum and if a person is bitten then they should face the same penalty as though they committed the crime. Killing animals because of stupid people doesn’t make sense.

Monday, 1 June 2015, 8:15 am
  • Sorry to hear your family was affected by these animals. People really need to secure their animals.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 3:17 pm