; ;

Portions of Hwy. 50 to Close for 30-Days Due to Railroad Crossing Repairs

BROOKSVILLE – Starting on February 12th, you may want to give yourself a little more drive-time if you travel the truck route around downtown Brooksville.

CSX Railroad and the Department of Transportation will be making improvements to the railroad crossing on the Hwy 50 bypass, just west of Oxley Road.

The bypass is expected to be closed for approximately 30 days and will only be open local traffic.

Traffic will be detoured through downtown Brooksville during the project.

As second phase will begin on February 20th at the railroad crossing on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Work in that area is expected to last just two days.

See attached maps for detour information.

Comments
  • avery rd is the worst by far!!!

Monday, 12 February 2018, 5:51 pm
  • The eastbound side has always been rough even after previous repairs so hopefully they do better this time.

Sunday, 11 February 2018, 8:52 pm
  • I hope they can do something this time that keeps it from getting rough again. This happens just a short time after they repair it. Seems like it sinks down again & gets bad a pain. I’ve lived here for about 37 years. In that time I can not remember it ever being smooth for very long after its fixed.
    Maybe they have come up with some type of material to repair it that will hold up for a long time. To the traffic of cars & the number of rock trucks that use that road.
    I’m not against rock trucks. I use to have one myself & now my son has 0ne.
    But there are hundreds of trucks in & out of town 5 days a week.
    Everyone take care & be careful using the bypass during this repair.
    Be careful going through town or whatever route you might use.
    All you rock trucks take care & be safe. All you need to do is work together & be careful about the cars on the road with you.
    Be safe & be careful everyone during this closing & construction. It will be over soon I hope.

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 11:43 am
  • oh that is great news, the druggies will only have one way in and one way out!!!!!!

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 11:08 am
  • That crossing has been much too rough for far too long and is very damaging to vehicles. I am happy to hear they are finally going to fix it.

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 10:10 am
  • Thanks for this info Tom! .

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 7:35 am
  • About damn time fixed it

Friday, 9 February 2018, 11:21 pm
  • 30 days for a RR crossing repair?? Come on Hernando County that is a bit much! Get your act together!

Friday, 9 February 2018, 5:31 pm
    • It was originally scheduled to take 45 days, Sam.

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 5:51 am
  • I hope they replace the crossing on Manecke road, that one is in very bad shape.

Friday, 9 February 2018, 5:27 pm
    • Yes, that one has been very nasty for a few years now.

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 7:45 am