Protester Says “I’m Sick of Islam” Outside Brooksville Mosque

BROOKSVILLE – One day after the murder of 4 Marines at a Navy Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center in Chattanooga Tennessee, a local man took to the streets in Protest, saying he’s had enough.

The lone protester who identified himself as “Sean” says he took the day off from work to show his support for “Americans, Soldiers and our way of life.”

Sean parked two vehicles just north of the Islamic Center of Hernando County on Barclay Ave, raised the American Flag and posted a few signs.

Sean says his protest is partially in response to the Tennessee shootings but he’s really concerned with the lack of response by Americans and current administration, stating “a lot of people are talking about it but no one is doing anything about it.”

Attempts to contact a representative of the Islamic Center by phone have been unsuccessful.

is 1 Is 2 Is 3 Is 4

Comments
  • Everyone here needs to take a deep breath and look at all the things that have happened through the years! A black man gets shot by a white man and alot of blacks go witch hunting across the USA, a white boy kills some blacks and alot of people go on a witch hunt for the rebel flag! That same flag has been been shown in SKIN HEAD gatherings and KKK gatherings and there was not a overflow of people calling for the flag to be removed like now!! Now we come to the shooting of these marines and what does everyone do??? They start witch hunting the muslims! If everyone would take the time and energy they spend on these witch hunts and put it toward figuring out why all colors and beliefs have all this HATE in them, maybe we could have this HOME OF THE FREE we have all heard of. Oh, dont forget to spit in the eye of the next white, black or muslim doctor or nurse that saves your moms life or fathers or maybe even your own life! These are the kind of people that matter not the ones that do the bad things! Let us all take a minute and think of how many good people of any race or religions out there that have helped our fellow man, women or child. Stupidity kills !!! Remember these words

Monday, 20 July 2015, 12:54 am
  • So proud!! Wish I would be like u!!!

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 3:09 pm
  • Except that they do. Whenever something like this happens, major Muslim organizations condemn it. But that is not newsworthy, so you have to find it for yourself.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 11:40 pm
  • Anybody notice it was “a” Muslim and not “Muslims” that killed the Marines? It was one, the same way it was one messed up kid in Charleston. There are bad apples in every bunch, fortunately the Confederate Flag wavers aren’t as influential on weak young minds as ISIS and other radical groups from thousands of miles away…spreading hate over the internet etc. You can’t blame Muslims in general for everything, and if you do that probably means you wouldn’t talk to a person who has German decent because of Hitler…if you do you’re just plain ignorant, and that’s not an excuse.
    Oh by the way…if it was between 1861 and 1864 and you were waving that “flag” you were treasonous and could be shot. Why wave it now, it’s NOT the flag of our country. just a thought…

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 2:44 pm
  • One more thing Tom I think you have touched on a subject and exposed the proverbial line in the sand. Maybe you can do something to open up the conversations that need to be had in the form of weekly editorial. Maybe we can erase the line and bring the community together. I am not sure how you would do this, but conversations need to be had obviously and in a manner that is respectful to each other not simply on an open forum. Thoughts?

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 1:38 pm
  • This whole conversation breaks my heart. Samir thank you for your words. I find these conversations need to be had when anger is set aside. Anger clouds the judgment and clogs the ears. These are conversations we need to have before a catalyst not after. These are conversations that need to be had with groups of calm people who are willing to listen and respond.I would love to see the Muslims and Christians of all races unite in Hernando county and show the world that it doesn’t have to be how the media wants us to believe it is. That our community can coexist with diversity peacefully and happily that we can all love each other and stand together.

To those who are tired of double standards as I am. It is not any one persons fault in our country, the double standards are created by our government and have been perverted beyond what the incentives for being an immigrant were intended. We need to separate the politics from our community and start telling the politicians what we as a community expect from them instead of pointing the finger at each other and blaming those who have no control over it.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 1:33 pm
  • That mosque is run by the Shuaybs…..

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 12:54 pm
    • The dentists ?????

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 10:20 pm
  • You sound like an honorable man Doctor. It is unfortunate that you have been cast as a fanatic because of the actions of others. But white people are really sick of a double standard. The rules must be the same for everyone…EVERYone…or things are going to get worse in this country. I am aware that there are Muslim doctors that do quite a bit of pro bono work in the community, but the constant attacks on white history, heritage, and religious beliefs have to stop. I am sorry that good people such as yourself have been “tainted” by the actions of others. Al-salaamu alaykum

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 11:31 am
  • He is back today. It’s a shame, one of the few people in this town motivated enough to take a stand decides to ostracize a peaceful group of our Muslim neighbors. I personally know a family that is a member of that mosque and have had many conversations about radical Islam. These people are disgusted by people who commit these terrorist acts in the name of their religion.
    Springhill has plenty of problems but the mosque is not one.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 11:11 am
  • Iam a Muslim doctor been delivering Hernando’s moms for 24 years with best affordable care, my complications rate is much less than what statistically expected. I am good because of Islam teaching, I also been good to my all neighbors, because of Islam.
    Also Iam a proud American I value most of way of like I chose America since I was 11 years also somehow I felt connected, I owe to this country I raised my children to be great American Muslims with love to the old country Syria.
    I agree with Sean, I was shocked when I heard the news, four families been deprived from four of our soldiers doing their job, in cold blood with new reasons, think about their children their wife’s their parents their country.
    I never met them but I have great sorrow, and frustration.
    In that mosque their are great people, one of them is Islam Mohammad I know him personally if you ask him to give you his cloths his food he will do it immediately, he is a great child in my eyes.
    In my mosque we are all on alert for the safety of our country, any threat to our county or our country is threat to us.
    Sean next time you are there let me know I will be there, however my sign will say I AM SICK OF KILLING
    Every one and Sean for the sake of our beloved America for the sake of our children and great grand children let us sit on one table and see how can we haver better future for all of us let the good people unite to stop crimes everywhere.
    All lot things been said in comments point at the misunderstanding let us clear the issues let us do the wright thing by uniting all of us against evil
    God bless America and all of us God bless the victims.
    Forgive my grammer my spelling, my intention is to preserve the innocent life’s I bring everyday

Samir Shakfeh MD

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 8:54 am
  • Sophia keep cherry picking u might learn something I did. Why don’t you write verse before and after…

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 8:10 am
  • Oh and Christianity has its hate groups….the Nazi’s were Christian and so is the KKK.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 2:44 am
  • Dave which Quran are you quoting old or new? Cherry picking from a religious script means nothing to me, religious texts are a collection of religious texts written by man passed down over time. The Christian bible says “eye for an eye” most people stop there and seek vengeance on their own saying it is God’s will, however if you read the text immediately after it also says ” vengeance is mine sayth the lord”. So while the Quran may say that, out of context and lacking knowledge of how it would be taught within the Muslim faith it means nothing to me. As well it goes to point out that the numbers when put into context of the population of religion and ethnicity they are few. Instead of swallowing what Mass Media would have us believe always ask yourself what their motive is in having us swallow the bs they try and politely feed us with a knife and fork. Then look into the background and try and see what it is they are hiding. Regardless of all of my aforementioned points it is also important to point out that America isn’t as accepting of others as some would like to think they are. I too am sick of injustice there is zero equality in this country, but instead of blaming the citizens of this country maybe we should start discussing it with open minds ands try and fix it.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 2:40 am
  • Hello: I am a Muslim. I strongly condem the terrorist act in TN, along with all the terrorist groups that have committed, and are still committing, horrible crimes in the name of God and Islam.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 12:03 am
    • And I condemn the actions of the sick, sociopath who killed 9 innocent people who were welcoming him in to their group. But MY history and MY culture (i.e. ; the Confederate flat) is demonized and considered racist by his actions only. Can you at least admit that there’s a double standard.

Place a Crucifix in urine…you’re an artist (see Andres Serrano’s piss christ)

Draw a cartoon of muhommad…you’re a bigot. (see Kurt Westergaard)

Support the Confederate Flag… you’re a racist

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 6:12 am
  • I’m with Sean let’s get this country back

Friday, 17 July 2015, 9:23 pm
  • The Quran (8:12) – “I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”

The Holy Bible- Luke6:35 – But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Can anyone else see the differences?

Friday, 17 July 2015, 7:26 pm
    • The Holy Bible – Chronicles 15:12-13

And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.

I can cherry pick too…

Friday, 17 July 2015, 8:44 pm
      • And all Christian faiths condemn the Nazis and the KKK. Hence my point. The Islamic faith is not out there in droves condemning the actions of its radicals.

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 6:03 am
  • IT is a lot more than a few! Don’t be so NAIVE!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 7:12 pm
  • Well thanks to the Almighty I spoke with Sean a good while and we shared each other’s views peacefully clearing up many misconceptions because of the emotional stirrup from the media.
    I am a Muslim, born american and was able to to agree on common ground with him and others. So we both agreed that we are against terrorism whether it be a so called Muslim, Christian, government excetera! To take a life unjustly is a grave sin in the eyes of the Almighty and should be stopped. The reality is many different groups are guilty of it presently and all should be spoke out against!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 6:46 pm
  • The hate this thread drips is part of the issue with America.

First off- Mohammad Islam you did nothing wrong by being who you are and therefor you do not need to condemn the attacks of a radicalized hate group just because the radicals claim Muslim heritage. That would be like me feeling the need to condemn the KKK because I’m a white girl or better yet condemn the Nazis because I’m part German. It simply makes no sense.

Secondly and I am not trying not to step on the right of free speech its your right even if I don’t agree. How about instead of going at them with hate why not attempt to talk to them and ask questions about their beliefs. It is not fair to hate an entire culture because of a few bad apples 🙁

Friday, 17 July 2015, 6:25 pm
    • but its ok to hate the entire south because one lone wolf killed 9 innocent souls in S.C. the confederate flag didn’t commit those murders no more than islam committed these. but as a society, we’re quick to tear down the confederate flag but not condemn islam. what you’re seeing is frustration at at the double standard, that’s all, and its justified.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 7:24 pm
      • exactly right Dave, the people whining just do not like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Judging is okay, as long as they are the judge

Saturday, 18 July 2015, 11:16 am
  • Your so right Sean, America is being slowly being taken over Muslims who will try to change our way of life and Obama is paving the way. Sean, The next time you want to rally, Get the word out and you will have a lot of Americans by your side

Friday, 17 July 2015, 4:19 pm
    • THANK YOU !!!!! Now I know I’m NOT the only one who blames Obama !!!!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 10:10 pm
  • My name is Mohammed Islam and I condemn this heinous attack on our Marines.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 4:16 pm
    • What are you doing about it??

Friday, 17 July 2015, 7:11 pm
  • They never condemn these attacks. The so called good Muslims will never condemn them. That’s what pisses me off.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 4:05 pm
  • God Bless you, Seam! 🙂
    Next time let the rest of us know so we can stand with you! 🙂

Friday, 17 July 2015, 4:02 pm
  • Don’t get me wrong, I’m an atheist and have no desire to get in the middle of this Christian/Muslim never ending love fest, but it seems odd to place the blame on a religion of over 1.5 billion for the actions of some extremists.

If you want to make a sign and protest, how about some signs for the issues below. They kill a whole lot more Americans than any religion or extremists.

Drinking and driving causes an average 30 deaths per day or about 11,000 per year
    Firearm-related homicides add about another 20+ or about 8,000 per year.
    Deaths from preventable diseased account for thousands more.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 3:27 pm
    • You forgot abortions!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 7:09 pm
  • How is this any different than the deranged white guy who shot up the theater in Centennial CO? Or Dylann Roof…Oh that’s right he wasn’t Muslim, how come you didn’t want to get out your torches, pitchforks and clubs to go after them and their families…oh, that’s right; they are deranged white guys but that’s OK. When are you ya-hoos going to come out of the ether and realize that every single race and religion has it’s radicals. Nut jobs. Crazies. Donald Trump. Here’s a big word for you…Extremist.(Google it)
    They are everywhere and on occasion they go off, then again; so do crazy non-Muslims. I happen to know some people who are Muslim that do a whole lot of good for Hernando County, particularly the with regard to the indigent and homeless. Muslims have been in our country for years and everyone has co-existed. Only the radical factions are the issue, I don’t think it’s going away anytime soon but protesting a normally peaceful group in our community because a proclaimed extremist makes the news is no reason for persecuting every one of them…otherwise, light the torches, get the pitchforks, grab a club ‘cuz we got lotsa crazy white people to take out too.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 3:27 pm
    • It seems that everyone gets a pass for what they do, except white people, and people are getting tired of it. The rules have to be the same for everyone. Don’t blame Islam for the shootings, but blame the rebel flag for those other shootings? Don’t protest near a mosque, but go take down monuments and headstones, re-write history, dig up bodies, label all southerners as racist, that’s okay? Not any more, the worm as turned. Expect to be treated the way you treat others…it’s a great policy and long overdue. Way to go Sean! A true blue American….2015…the beginning of the end for political correctness

Friday, 17 July 2015, 5:12 pm
    • Until the so called good Muslims stand up and root out the bad apples they are going to be in the spotlight! It is kinda like all the good blacks not standing up to the gang bangers that are reflecting poorly on all of their race!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 7:07 pm
    • Al-Quada, Hezbollah, Boko Haram, Hamas, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood, Taliban…….and the list goes on…
      I challenge you to find one, just one, Christian terrorist organization that even comes close to any of these. And if you find one, I guarantee that all Christian faiths will condemn their actions. I don’t see the Islamic community condemning the actions of these organizations…
      Funny how quick the media wants to demonize Christians but I don’t see them saying ONE DAMN THING against the HATEFUL philosophy of Islam…
      HYPOCRITES……every damn one of them….

Friday, 17 July 2015, 7:18 pm
      • Good points Dave, and you know all of these peaceful Muslims, at least they claim to be peaceful and loving neighbors, they may be on the surface, but keep in mind they still follow a satanic cult with the doctrine being the Quran which has some of the most screwed up rules you can imagine, to live by,maybe to the faithless, Godless Left “Its just another religion” but for me as a Christian, I feel threatened by them freely coming to western lands to live by their rules and dark religion that ultimately hates the infidels that would not conform to Islam, and therefore get beheaded. The true adherents of Islam become a true disciple with the evil influences going on in their mind, it is a religion that has some wicked forces behind it, not grace like with God fearing Christians. I think if these loving Muslims really are good people, they would see the problem with this culture and leave the Mosque for good, and bring an end to all of this occultism here in America!

Sunday, 3 September 2017, 10:39 pm
    • Thank you, “WHY?” Your comment seem to be the only sanity on this board.

Sunday, 19 July 2015, 1:59 am
  • Bravo to Sean for exercising his right to free speech. I would love to know the response to his protest from the leadership at that local mosque. Can we expect a condemnation for the actions of the mass murderer killing in the name of Islam in Chattanooga?

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:40 pm
  • Yes! Let us know when you will be there, and we will be there with you, too! Good job!!!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:36 pm
  • Since completely removing every Muslim from the USA is not going to happen, let’s be realistic, we all need to figure out a way to look out for one another and continually weed out the pieces of s#!t that are out there.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:35 pm
  • That’s right Sean!! Way to go!! This is America ppl the home of the FREE and the BRAVE…whoever don’t like it get the hell outta here!! It’s bad enough we have our fellow Americans killing one another, we sure as hell don’t need these free radicals or whatever they’re calling themselves these days trying to plot to kill us!!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:27 pm
  • I’m in but i need a ride

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:23 pm
    • Where are you ??

Friday, 17 July 2015, 5:08 pm
  • It looked like a woman, maybe a representative from the Islamic Center, was sitting out there with him talking, just a few minutes ago when I passed by.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:17 pm
  • Awesome way to go Sean finally an American with balls enough to say or do something!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:16 pm
  • Well, he has balls… I admire that. Add a sign Sean that insists that we arm our soldiers. What the hell is that all about? A Clintonism I seem to recall, leaving our soldiers sitting ducks. It is BS!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:13 pm
    • Revisiting what I wrote… it was a George H W Bush policy I think. Whatever.. it is a ridiculous policy.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 3:13 pm
  • Me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!TIRED

Friday, 17 July 2015, 2:05 pm
  • I stand with Sean

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:57 pm
  • Good for you Sean. Proud of you.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:56 pm
  • God bless this man. I agree, the current administration doesn’t have the balls to do what needs to be done

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:48 pm
  • Why were the Sheriff’s there? Was he asked to leave?

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:46 pm
  • Police seem to be trying to give him hard time

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:30 pm
  • Sean, next time you decide to do something like this, let us know…………I’ll be there for support !!!! I’m wicked sick of this shit too !!!!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:09 pm
  • This man is right in his beliefs. Enough of the PC garbage. These radical killers come right out of the peaceful, love thy neighbor mosques.
    Wake UP America, Enough is Enough!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:07 pm