RNRF Confronts Killer of Mother and Unborn Son – VIDEO

BROOKSVILLE – On July 26th, 2014, 25-year-old Katherine Hoover and her unborn son, Rehlin, died at the hands of William Mathew DeHayes, after he accidentally discharged a .22 cal. revolver, inside his home on Suncrest Drive (ORIGINAL REPORT).

Since that tragic day, Katherine’s mother, Donna Bryan has led an undaunted campaign to bring justice for her daughter and grandson’s senseless death.

Despite overwhelming evidence that Dehayes was under the influence of narcotics, and that he admitted to acting recklessly before discharging the firearm, prosecutors closed the case without prosecution.

On March 17th, Dehayes’ drunken and reckless behavior thrust him into the spotlight again, after he fired off several rounds from a shotgun, in front of his residence on Cimarron Way (Dade City) – (ORIGINAL REPORT).

Deputies charged Dehayes with two misdemeanors; Discharging a Firearm in Public and Using a Firearm While Impaired.

RNRF was on scene at the Hernando County Courthouse today, where Dehayes appeared before Judge Hitzemann during an arraignment hearing.

Among a hundred other defendants, Dehayes was first to be called to the podium, where Judge Hitzmann explained his charges. The state offered eleven months and 29 days in County Jail, if he pled guilty today, but without hesitation, Dehayes refused the offer and simply stated “Not Guilty.”

Dehayes was appointed a Public Defender and a pretrial hearing was set for the coming months.

We spoke to a tearful and nervous Donna Bryan, Katherine’s mother, outside the courtroom, where she said “He killed my daughter and my grandson… And he’s still playing with guns.”

RNRF and other reporters confronted an emotionless Dehayes as he stepped out of the courtroom. Dehayes refused to answer any questions and showed no remorse for the death Katherine Hoover, her unborn son, or the new charges brought against him.

Lisa Schoneman, a well-known Private Investigator has taken Bryan’s case, in an effort to find new evidence that may help prosecutors re-open the investigation into her daughter and grandson’s death.

Follow THIS LINK or click the video block below for an unnarrated video of today’s confrontation with William Dehayes.

bryan 1 bryan 2 Bryan 3 bryan 4 bryan 5

kath 6 kath 4 kath 3

Comments
  • Donna Bryan never give up you have a lot of people behind you. Its just too bad its NOT the States Attorney’s Office.

Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 7:38 pm
  • Sounds like Tiffany Is a friend of this pos.how can you say she is sick?He is the one who seems to have a problem…

Friday, 15 April 2016, 7:05 pm
  • Dona cryan. Your sick in the head.

Friday, 15 April 2016, 4:00 pm
    • why am I sick cause I didn’t kill him or threaten to kill him maybe your right But if your a friend of his know this I will not stop fighting till he is in Jail and go back to school and learn to spell

Saturday, 16 April 2016, 8:51 am
  • I don’t understand how if you are visiting someone and they are showing off a gun and you are all right with it how it should become murder . Story I read doesn’t sound like there was any intent to harm anyone I don’t understand.

Friday, 15 April 2016, 9:32 am
    • She was there because she was newly married and wanted to please her husband she didnt know this man. I know if she knew he was going to be high on drugs and playing with a gun she would have told her husband she wanted to leave but being pregnant she wasnt paying attention to what the men were doing anyone who has been pregnant knows you dont come between a pregnant woman and her food.

Saturday, 16 April 2016, 8:54 am
    • then he should be in jail for being stupid. and if you don’t see a problem with this guy you should be right there with him.

Wednesday, 14 September 2016, 7:41 pm
  • This man has no respect for the law, nor the court room or judge. This is evident by his dress and continued actions.

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 11:06 pm
  • stuff just doesnt add up. some one under the influence shoots and kills some one and the unborn child and walks away a free man.. There is a massive issue to say the least. i feel terrible for the mother having to have had this happen. as a parent of two the thought alone is gut turning.

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 6:29 pm
  • Someone is going to blow this POS away, and THAT person will go to jail…when THIS MURDERER should have. How many more lives will he be responsible for before justice is done?

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 2:49 pm
  • johndavidhanna:
    Your wrong…
    All P.I. are not former cops.
    My investigation licence was just handed to me in Illinois about 35 years ago.

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 1:55 pm
  • One of my grandsons is a decorated Marine, and it makes me sick to see this pos wearing that t-shirt. Hopefully Ms. Schoneman will be able to put this miscreant where he truly belongs.
    Continued virtual hugs and genuine prayers for this heartbroken mother and grandmother who never got to hold that tiny baby boy!

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 1:50 pm
  • lisa schoneman used to be the cold case expert in pasco county. she retired i believe and is now doing private work. that woman is a hell of a detective and she will get the job done. whats sad to me is that this man is a murderer and hes freely walking among us. i live in zephyrhills and it just gets worse daily. hes gonna be screwed. 11/29 means hed have been out in less than 10 months. you get 5 days a month in county jail so 55 days automatically is taken off and its extra if you are trustee. this man shouldnt even be allowed out of jail. this proves our justice system is fucked up. I hope he burns in the fiery pits of hell. That mothers pain is heartbreaking. My heart broke for her

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 11:09 am
  • Damn shame this pos is still free

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 9:25 am
  • This a**hole fits the mold within this area, judges who don’t give a sh*t, states attorney too stupid to ask questions, clerk of the court whos resume doesn’t add up by the way what’s the status of his daughter, has the case been quietly dismissed yet?

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 4:46 am
  • The KARMA train is runnin late….but it’s a comin’ and it’s a comin’ SOON!! That boy better watch out….just sayin.

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 3:10 am
  • My heart goes to this mother, I see such sorrow in her eyes. No one deserves to loose their daughter more less their grandchild, my heart goes out to her? Something tells me his time behind bars is going to be hell and I hope I’m correct in my assumption.
    I don’t know why he is wearing that particular Shirt because I dought this man spent a day doing anything in life doing something positive for any living person, that’s just my opinion!

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 12:18 am
  • Hey “Seeking”,
    My dogs will eat this POS also! That will do the world a favor!
    P.S. I’m a vet, it’s a disgrace to the Corp for him even wearing that shirt!
    I’m sure he was just a pleasant little juvenile growing up!

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 10:34 pm
  • Why the marine corp t-shirt. A real marine dresses better for court. And to the sick person who took the picture of that poor girl bleeding out in the hospital room n posted it. You like looking at it. I dont. If she was conscious she wouldn’t of let you done it. Go ahead. Keep looking at it. Bring back some memories.

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 10:26 pm
    • Dear Tiffany I am sorry the photo is very very upsetting but I asked Tom to post the last image I will ever have of my daughter so they can see that in real life seeing someone shot and killed is worse then what is portrayed on television.I hope people will remember this picture so they will remember what a bullet does to someone.The damage and heartache it causes so maybe they will stop and think twice before they play with a gun cause guns are weapons not toys.

Thursday, 14 April 2016, 11:58 am
  • So this thing can run free after killing two people and nothing happens wow the State attorney in this county is a joke we need a new one that’s wants to work they are lazy.

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 9:45 pm
  • Nothing like dressing appropriately for Court.
    The Judge should have found him in contempt, sentence him to a few days in jail, and make him return properly attired.

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 9:33 pm
  • This piece of trash should be rotting in jail

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 8:39 pm
  • If anyone can figure this out and make charges stick, it’s Lisa Schoneman !! She was an awesome homicide detective along with solving cold cases in Pasco.

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 8:01 pm
  • I thought this would be handled so again I say – that must have been a heck of a shot.
    Was he twirling the gun above his shoulder? Do gun twirlers do that?
    If the gun went off near the holster as he was indicating in the tape I watched he was real lucky he didn’t shoot himself in his own arm. Of course the shirt was checked for burns and the angle of the entry was traced.
    All PIs are cops, can’t get a license otherwise, in case someone else might want to do some snooping, so whatever she finds will have to make the cops look good and also gather more funding for them. After that something may come up in this pretty obvious murder.

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 7:53 pm
  • Why do women even look in that guys direction.Maniacal at best….ladies, build your self esteem and leave these wackos…PTSD my ass..drugs, alcohol, firearms (DAFD)

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 7:52 pm
  • He is a straight piece of trash.

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 7:43 pm