Robbery Investigation Underway at Habitat for Humanity, Suspect at Large

SPRING HILL – Deputies are searching for the suspect responsible for a robbery that just occurred at the Habitat for Humanity Store on Spring Hill Drive.

According to sources, a white male, 5’6”, 160 lbs., brown hair, full beard, wearing sunglasses, light green T-shirt, and flip flops walked into the store and demanded cash.

There are no reports that weapons were used during the robbery.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • Another white guy committing heinous crime. Time to get rid of the whites.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 1:59 pm
  • Oh, but I’ve been told crimes never happen @ Kass Circle area of Spring Hill…They said its their paradise and not to poop on their parade…Kass Circle is still a dump especially after sunset.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 8:29 am
  • You are right. Spring Hill has gone down hill so much. I lived in Spring Hill for many years and I consider it home. I left last year and moved to the NC mountains. Great decision. When you no longer feel safe, it is time to go. I miss Spring Hill, but I miss the old Spring Hill when it was a beautiful and safe place to live.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 6:28 am
  • Since when is there a habitat for Humanity on spring hill drive? I’ve never seen it. Also the guy is 5’6 and 160lbs. Why didn’t you fight him off, don’t let yourself get bullied by a little man like that.

Thursday, 12 October 2017, 9:52 pm
    • its the old eckerts

Friday, 13 October 2017, 5:52 pm
  • It’s not.just Hernando county in fact not just Florida. It’s the entire USA…..The truth be told the whole world has gone crazy with no end in sight.

Thursday, 12 October 2017, 8:35 pm
    • It’s just the beginning

Friday, 13 October 2017, 11:38 am
  • Wtf what a scumbag.Habitat for humanity does so much for our community and someone does this.Hope they catch the douchebag quickly!!

Thursday, 12 October 2017, 4:50 pm
  • I know this has become a meme on RNRF but really, this quiet county is changing for the worse, and unfortunately once things go downhill it can take years to put it back together if at all. Let’s be honest, since anonymity tends to promote that, spring hill has become a problem. There are lovely people and lovely neighborhoods there, but there are also a lot of criminals many of which are violent as well as a thriving market for methamphetamine and prescription pills creating a concentration of addicts and dealers leading to violent crime. I cannot stress this enough, WE NEED TO STOP THIS BEFORE IT BECOMES TERMINAL.

Thursday, 12 October 2017, 4:22 pm
    • What do u suggest? What can be done?

Thursday, 12 October 2017, 6:23 pm
      • we have to put political pressure on elected officials to allow sheriffs to enforce the law

Friday, 13 October 2017, 12:18 pm
    • Hello, “Enough is Enough,”
      I’m with “Me.” What do you suggest people do because I’ve watched Spring Hill go to Hell in a handbasket since 1982!
      It was once such a lovely place to live, and then it wasn’t! The only solution I found was to move out of there.
      Worked for me.

Thursday, 12 October 2017, 7:35 pm
      • Then why do you troll rnrf if it was so awful you left? Loser. If you are t a part of the solution then you ARE the problem.

Friday, 13 October 2017, 12:05 am
      • Isn’t diversity grand?

Friday, 13 October 2017, 8:18 am
      • we have to cause a large enough public outcry to force the powers that be into action, as well as arm ourselves in the event of self defense. we could do this by running candidates for local office, perhaps do some rallies to get publicity as well as putting together some neighborhood watches. I’m strongly considering what actions could be taken simply because I watch people in my day to day life and people in the comments of RNRF say how this county is going to hell for the last few years, I’ve waited for someone else to step up but I think I’m done waiting

Friday, 13 October 2017, 12:25 pm
    • If all the Northerners would return to where they came from, our county would be back to normal.
      Simple question, if the North is so much better, as many of you Northerners love to tell us, then why did you move?

Friday, 13 October 2017, 6:25 am
      • that is a fair point and I have noticed many differences between north-easterners and southerners in terms of what is and isn’t acceptable behavior. That said I think we should all conform to a higher moral standard

Friday, 13 October 2017, 12:20 pm