Rollover Crash Injures One, Airlifted to Trauma Center – Victim Dies

UDPATE: 25-Year-Old Erick Egel Kjeka of Spring Hill succumbed to his injuries alter bing airlifted to a nearby trauma center for treatment.

Officials says Kjeka over corrected while traveling northbound on the Suncoast Parkway and crashed into a tree-line.

The cause of the crash is still under investigation.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

BROOKSVILLE – At least one person suffered serious injuries, after a single vehicle rollover crash occurred on the Suncoast Parkway.

Bayflite responded to the scene and airlifted one person to a nearby trauma center for treatment. The patient’s condition is unknown at this time.

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash.

Traffic is moving in both directions at this time.

Comments
  • We the American ppl need to have better resources for the elderly to get rides for them and it is not funny, we have forgotten the elderly or just don’t care if not a neighbor should step up and help if anything they have amazing stories, please ppl help them I do and have a good felling.

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 12:03 am
  • LOL somebody reply to me on this or any other of my comments (like me or not ) at least I’ll know that I’m a LIVE human being???? LOL don’t hate me bro or sis!!!!!!

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:46 pm
    • you are real however I cannot attest to whether or not you live.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 8:11 pm
  • I say it all the time I’ll say it again everyone is an individual created by God we all could have been born blue green pink yellow black white it was God’s choice between him and our parents to bring us in the world and thus we are here let’s roll together yo ? Capiche?

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:22 pm
  • Hey Rebel Pride by the way I will agree on this this entire country every Square damn inch of it all I have a massive wall around it and covered in Military and or security I’m down on that but not a wall around Florida for northerners because I think that’s what you were getting at if I’m wrong please correct me I stand corrected Northerners Northerners can be wonderful people as is anyone I hope I make a sensei

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:21 pm
  • Oh oh oh oops typo meant to say rattle the cage on my last post sometimes we do have to rattle the the cage

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:18 pm
  • James and Lori listen I’m just putting in you know what they call it my opinion LOL if you or us all of us any of us just keep doing this we’re just going to keep the gosh darn Merry-Go-Round running think about it come on we’re only keeping the Merry-Go-Round running James go easier my friend go with love and kindness first and always will give you better results and vice a versa now when I say that let me first say this I am so imperfect I am a human being I lost it this morning on another commenter on this website and let my anger get the best of me I’m just trying to say we won’t fix nothing fighting each other make a sensei????? I therefore declare myself guilty of being angry at my own fellow American brothers and sisters on multiple occasions for those who I have offended and in any way shape or form ruffled your feathers please forgive me but sometimes we do gotta run all the cage right???

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:16 pm
  • Hi Miss 352 listen I hope I’m not on your list I’m with you and I don’t even know the circumstances you probably know so much more than I’ll ever even begin to know and it doesn’t matter whether I do or not this is about something that could affect anyone of us at any given moment any given minute in time any day and this is somebody obviously you knew and it matters big time by the way Rebel Pride please don’t go there don’t freaking go there build a wall around Florida come on man come on ma’am or sir please don’t freaking go there that isn’t the answer it isn’t going to work it doesn’t work not going to work

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:11 pm
  • Noon Tues 3-20: Someone told me there’s another bomb threat at a school. Is that so, Tom? Thanks.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 12:08 pm
  • Keep on texting. Sooner or later we will thin the herd.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 12:08 pm
  • I would much rather pay higher taxes and have the snowbirds go away! We need to build a wall around Florida : )

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 8:53 am
  • Listen all you dumb ass rude ass people commenting up there how about you dont run your mouths unless you were in the car to know what happen.. point blank period. Eric is my bestfriend and will forever be my best friend. May he rest easy. Fly high babyboy. 😓😢😭💔💕📿

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:10 am
    • I’m so sorry for your loss 🙏😢🙏

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 4:46 pm
    • I am sorry for your loss. I wish that I could tell you that time will ease the hurt, but I cannot. Treasure your memories and keep moving forward.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 8:23 pm
  • DaGashi, sorry I missed you and many others that I wanted to compliment on good points!!! having trouble sleeping tonight, that’s why we have so much fun with this right because we get to voice our…….
    OPINIONS???!!!!!! LOL onions

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 3:38 am
    • When the story is not of a tragedy I will have my fun with it. However when a young man dies and others troll it I take offense. I was offended by snowbird who made the first comment because it was too crass for a sad newsfeed. You have no need to apologize to me as I more than understand.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 8:21 pm
  • What what , Justin, James, many many others on here, William D excetera excetera All Points well-taken, if I missed anyone please forgive me ! and some good ones too but please come on let’s let’s not hate each other let’s not fight let’s not yell b**** and beat each other up let’s get along let’s have a party let’s roll!!!! No LOL now let’s bitch n yell and scream at each other and fight with each other over stupid BS stop please or I’m going to call my mommy!!!

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 2:12 am
  • Snowbird 1937 listen please I don’t believe anyone here is throwing serious darts at you or anything else or ( trolling You Hook Line & Sinker or anything else) I told you in my original post I think you laid down (a case that you had none ) your original post stated along the lines that you couldn’t understand why people pass you flying by on the right side while you’re doing 55 in the left lane if I read it correct , on a highway with a 70 mile-an-hour speed limit………anyway thank you for bringing the story back to what’s important a young man lost his life that’s what’s much more ! But also sadly and also important secondly look at what ( retired law enforcement officer ) said to you in the post after yours,. n that’s what we’re saying, the left lane which is also known as the ( fast lane ) it’s faster because it’s the passing Lane) so therefore the people going by you in the left lane while you’re trotting along at 55 in the right lane in a 70 mile-an-hour Zone is going to be a faster Lane that’s all, and vice a versa if you drive in the left lane all the time at 55 in a 70 you’re going to get passed on the right at high speeds constantly!!!! get the Freak Out the fast lane bro ! anyway no harm meant I think/ and Hope we all love you here at least I do if you’re my fellow American??? make a cents, capiche??? I hope so I’m now done with this LOL I’m more focused on playing guitar with Qunesha!!!!!! LOL! No seriously!!! Don’t do a lot of emojis smiles lots of smiles big Huggies!!!!

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 2:06 am
  • Qunesha!……… I should know by now but somehow you always surprise me, good one!! ……catch you later sweetie!!!!!

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 1:24 am
  • Condolences to the young man’s family and friends. Prayers for healing from this terrible tragedy.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 5:31 pm
  • SnowBird1937, YOU are impeding traffic when YOU drive 55 in a 70 mph speed limit zone. YOU are violating Florida Driving Law. “Orlando Sentinel, Florida officials warn drivers to stop going slow in left lane. Florida statute 316.081 states that motorists should drive in the right-most lane or the right half of the roadway with a few exceptions, including when passing other vehicles or when an obstruction makes it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway.” YOU are required to drive in the right lane, by law, because YOU are impeding the normal flow of traffic by driving 55 in the left, passing lane of a roadway where the speed limit is 70. If you are going to drive in Floria, please learn the law!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 4:20 pm
  • First, I would like to offer my deepest sympathies to this young man and his family. Much, much too young.

Second, you people really need to learn some critical thinking skills so you can tell when you are obviously being trolled. Man, talk about hook, line and sinker… No wonder this country is so messed up. You believe everything some anonymous person writes and start to rant. Probably vote based on that too.

And please remember the left lane is not the “fast” lane. It is the passing lane. It is technically illegal drive in the left lane unless you are actively passing another car, regardless of your speed.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 4:03 pm
    • Please remember that to start a convo by trolling when a young man has died is uncouth at best. I realized you were trolling after my initial response to you. However now, with your admission to being a troll I now think you more reprehensible than when I had just thought of you as an idiot. Trolling when someone dies is lower than the scum scrapped off of a boot after entering a pig farm.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 8:17 pm
  • Lena W you are definitely correct about the fog and also for some reason especially during the winter months when that sun is more to the South when it is setting in the evenings you know it’s like a welder’s torch in your face and any case for some reason more so in the winter months right around dark how many times have we seen cars without their lights on right when it’s gotten dark had the holy crap scared out of me multiple times with dark colored Vehicles no lights at all but the same goes for the fog, all I know on any foggy morning the first thing I’m thinking about is lights on lights on lights on unfortunately many are not

Monday, 19 March 2018, 1:41 pm
  • Veronica Lipp, well said very well said that’s what really matters here there are people hurting severely today who knew and cared for this man and you’re spot-on again about the north-south b******* everyone here please quit with the north-south b******* I say it all the time every person is an individual capable of good or bad or good or evil capable of being morons capable of not knowing how to drive doesn’t matter where you’re from also Snowbird 1937 you are very correct sir it is not a requirement but a limit the speed limit that is but if you’ve been wondering all this time why you’re being passed on the right side by people flying by is because you have been sitting in the fast lane which is the passing Lane going under the speed limit which is something that you shouldn’t do that is driving 101 I’m sorry I’m not throwing darts at you sir but that’s just the facts peace my fellow American

Monday, 19 March 2018, 1:37 pm
  • And by the way the reason they finally changed the law and started ticketing people this is up to the officer’s discretion by the way for going slower than the speed limit in the fast lane is because it disrupts the flow and it causes lots of Road Rage that’s a fact

Monday, 19 March 2018, 12:57 pm
  • First off I am sorry to hear that a young man with his whole life ahead of him as lost his life only God and Heaven and this young man driving knows what really happened either way let’s show some compassion to those that love and care about him ask for my next Point Snowbird 1937 sorry but you got no case here and you just gave yourself away with what you said, by that I mean you got no argument here in case you didn’t know it driving slower than the speed limit is a hindrance to the flow of traffic and a whole bunch of other things I could throw in there but I will not right now, anyway one of my biggest pet peeves is those that sit in the fast lane driving under the speed limit the fast lane is for passing folks stay in the right lane and use the left lane for passing it is a flow it should be a flow but there’s always some idiot messing up the flow anywho it is true you will now get a ticket I believe if you go slower anywhere between 10 miles an hour or more slower than the speed limit while in the fast lane you definitely will get a ticket, as for the rest you all know by now that I’ve read my comments I’m not into stereotyping it does not matter where the hell you’re from you either have a brain some common sense and know how to drive or you don’t doesn’t matter where you’re from so quit with the north-south b*******

Monday, 19 March 2018, 12:56 pm
  • For the record, he wasn’t a snow bird for all your ignorant idiots with uneducated comments. He was a local, and has lived and resided here since elementary school. He was someones brother, boyfriend, cousin, friend and loved one. He was a wonderful person and this was an unfortunate freak accident that has cost so much heartbreak. Leave your negativity to yourselves, assholes!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 12:40 pm
    • Most of the comments against snowbirds started because snowbird 1937 said that floridians don’t know how to drive. I feel bad for the young mans family and I for one am not trying to be disrespectful to those who have lost a loved one.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 4:03 pm
  • We have to try to dodge all the “I guess I can” northern drivers down here, why don’t ya’ll relax on your front porch at home instead of trying to mingle with us on our roads? Or should I have said dooryard?

Monday, 19 March 2018, 10:35 am
    • Your road why dont you move 400 miles north to the real south they love BOYS like you.. You do know the civil war ended dont you..

Monday, 19 March 2018, 3:31 pm
      • If you don’t think Florida is the “real south” you’ve obviously never been out of Tampa.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 6:44 am
        • Grew up in goose creek s.c been to airport i think thats in Tampa…Live here now.. 38 special dont you hate pissing between the toilet seat when your squating. This is wanna be south with a bunch of loud mouth North easterners… Well 38 you win just puked in my mouth please keep clothes on a bass might bite on red wigglers..

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 1:59 pm
      • You calling me Boy tells me you must have caught me coming out of the water on a cold day.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 7:56 am
        • Stay out of the park bathrooms.

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 2:00 pm
  • IT IS CALLED A SPEED LIMIT, NOT A SPEED REQUIREMENT!!!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 10:12 am
    • impeding the flow of traffic is a crime 1937.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 4:01 pm
  • A young man lost his life. It doesn’t matter how or why. Prayers to all that knew and loved him. A lot of these comments are so inappropriate. Heartless people suck!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 9:29 am
  • You do realize that without the snowbirds, our taxes would be a lot higher… Chill on the snowbirds! I’ve seen a ton of accidents and they were all Floridians!!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 12:48 am
    • YES BOSS!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 1:18 pm
    • The problem is the first commenter was a snowbird that was stating that southerners don’t know how to drive because she wants to do 20mph under the limit. That is why snowbirds entered this.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 3:59 pm
  • You don’t necessarily have to leave the roadway to rollover. A blown tire can also cause you to lose control and roll. I guess snow bird doesn’t understand that the speed limit signs on the sides of the road, are there so you know how fast you are allowed to drive. They are there for your benefit, so read them and obey the traffic laws. Slower traffic must stay in the right lane, it’s now a $121 ticket.

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 11:57 pm
    • Awfully young snow bird at 25 years of age.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 5:22 am
    • Dumb dick he wasnt a snowbird…ever heard if tires blowing out?

Monday, 19 March 2018, 10:40 am
  • This is my take on this situation..it really doeant have anything to do about where ur fromb it has to do with who u r and how u approach things..u aint gonna flip a vehicle driving slow, hello. The whole being from the north or south has nothing to do with it, its the person, not where ur from..however i do agree with if ur old call a cab or an uber or lyft or something

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 10:12 pm
  • Well here’s my take on it in order to roll a vehicle over you have to leave a roadway that means you’re not paying attention, law enforcement should get their cell phone see if they were texting and driving or on Facebook. It’s not the people in Florida that do not know how to drive it’s the jackasses from up North that come down and drive 55 in the fast lane if you don’t like the way we drive here go back up north and stay there. And if 1937 is when you were born you sure the heck don’t need to be driving!!!!!!!

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 9:10 pm
    • You are an IDIOT! Fools like you give the South a bad reputation!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 2:15 pm
  • That’s an every day occurrence slow down and hang up and drive Oh and put your lights on in heavy fog I saw three morons this morning that had no lights on you couldn’t even see your hand in front of your face Likely a cop got one of them

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 9:03 pm
  • Snowbird
    Your part of the problem!!!!!
    Speed limit is 70 on that road
    If your driving 55 you are driving below the speed limit so if you stay in the left lane and other people whip by as you say doing the 70mph speed limit, who’s the one being reckless?
    You …..Are

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 8:50 pm
  • Sending prayers to all involved

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 8:34 pm
  • Prayers for all involved. What is with all these single Roll overs???

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 7:17 pm
  • People really need to slow down on that road. You people down here in Florida just do not know how to drive. I have cruised down that road at 55MPH and everyone passes me on the right like I am standing still. Please slow down and arrive alive!

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 5:46 pm
    • the speed limit is 70

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 8:27 pm
    • Actually it’s all you snow birds causing the wrecks because you have no clue where you’re going and switch lanes without looking.

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 8:32 pm
      • Another Idiot!

Monday, 19 March 2018, 2:16 pm
        • If you had an iota of intelligence I might consider your opinion. However since you do not, I will dumb it down for you. You sound like a liberal cancerous whore.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 4:57 pm
    • Feel free to leave, you will not be missed. Do all of us a favor and stay out of the left lane!

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 10:17 pm
    • who drives 55 in a 70? u are asking to get into a wreck for driving too slow, causing an accident. how about drive the posted speed limit?!?!

Sunday, 18 March 2018, 10:34 pm
    • If you’re driving 55 in a 70 mile an hour limit you shouldn’t be in the left lane at all. You shouldn’t even be on the Suncoast Highway, maybe you should just leave your car parked in your driveway permanently

Monday, 19 March 2018, 1:46 am
    • You are also part of the problem…if they are passing you on the right, you are breaking the law. Slower traffic should be in the right lane.

Monday, 19 March 2018, 9:56 am
    • Knew you were puttin them when I read this. lol

Tuesday, 20 March 2018, 7:48 pm