Rumors that Embattled Sheriff May Throw in the Towel Prompts Challenge by Former HCSO Major

HERNANDO – There could be a new Sheriff in town, come 2020, if rumors are true that the embattled Sheriff Al Nienhuis is ready to throw in the towel. A former top-ranking Major with HCSO, and staunch critic of Nienhuis might be ready to take on whoever the Sheriff tips his hat to in the coming months.

Former Major James Terry tells RNRF, “I have been approached by many citizens and community leaders who have encouraged me to run. I have been humbled by their support and am taking it under serious consideration.”

Terry retired in 2017, after 20-years with the Sheriff’s Office and two-years with the Brooksville Police Department.

Terry now oversees operations at the Hernando County Animal Service Shelter.

There are unconfirmed reports that Nienhuis plans to endorse his in-house attorney, Joel Fritton but that has not been confirmed. We asked Nienhuis and Fritton if the rumors were true, but they declined to comment.

Some say Nienhuis plans to hold off on making a formal announcement until the last minute, so that anyone hoping to run against his chosen replacement will have a hard time raising campaign funds to win the election – a common political campaign tactic.

Neinhuis has been at the center of several controversies, including budget discrepancies and even accusations that he intentionally hid $1.3 million in federal inmate revenue. All while accusing the Board of County Commissioners of not respecting law enforcement for questioning his budget increase.

Nienhuis is also under fire for hiding criminal activity that goes on inside the Dawn Center, a local domestic violence shelter. Nienhuis even deployed a Detective to interrogate a battered woman and former occupant of Dawn Center, because she exposed evidence of corruption to the Board of County Commissioners. Follow this link for that disturbing interrogation.

Terry is the only potential candidate to come forward so far and we are still several months away from the start of the 2020 campaign season.

Comments
  • Hey John story sorry there buddy start looking at life with your eyes maybe through some lenses instead of the sandbox you have your head buried in please with the Obama is a Christian he’s an imposter liar Deceiver sorry to inform you but he is there is no talking to your types your head is set Straight Ahead in a tunnel and you will never see outside of it blatant liberalism and progressivism is a mental disorder sorry wake up John

Monday, 29 January 2018, 4:31 pm
  • Sheriff Al won’t run and risk losing, ,bad on his resume.Instead he’ll lay low for a while and his cohort Blaise will find some patronage slot for him.What’s worse is the fact that blemished Terry and that guy Joel will try to succeed him,Although Joel has done a good job keeping Al tefloned.Now,how could Al run on a record of; yes the Dawn shelter,the escape of the two who flew in 197 lbs of pot(??),the handling of the deputy jerking off on duty in a patrol car on taxpayer money.the 2 million dollars he thought he had a right to,jail money,the lost hammer in that Silverthorn incident a while back when he flew chopper around 24 hrs looking on the roofs for that (hammer) because he could not risk putting his overweight deputies on a 12 ft ladder,so instead they feasted on free chicken in a tent on Saturday overtime ….???? Go figure,you just can’t make this stuff up.Wish we had a real sheriff like Nocco or Grady.I know there has to be some out there…..

Monday, 29 January 2018, 3:19 pm
    • Unbelievable that I get arrested for abusing 911 put in jail abused in jail and am told that I wasted Brooksvilles finest time to where they could be arresting a criminal and one of Brooksville finest was caught masterbating in his cruiser on the clock? That’s ok I got a attorney with some great news but I read all this about the biggest crooks and law breakers are Brooksville finest themselves it only does me good I have a lot of time to build my case of false arrest and illegal imprisionment I’m setting back and taking notes I mean names.

Monday, 29 January 2018, 5:57 pm
  • By the time you get to the last comment you have no idea what the original story was about

Monday, 29 January 2018, 9:46 am
    • Here’s a new one there is a band playing in Hernando called ‘Sheriff Numbnuts & his beaters’ it’s played 24/7 in Brooksville. And with a sizeable donation they will play anything you want.

Monday, 29 January 2018, 2:09 pm
    • Come see me coward. This is her husband.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 9:26 am
  • These deputies ruined my kids life when he was 15. Something has to be done. I think we need a strong African American Chief that can run these corrupt racist a**holes out of here.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 7:08 pm
  • Tim Blankenship, since I’m not going to carry on that long thread, I will say it here. I can promise you that I am not Holy. I have no reason to bring up the story she did about a has been, a person that doesn’t mean anything to us. When I was working at FMCC, I met a couple of girls who used to tell stories of him too. However, your commenting and saying silly things tells me that you are one of the people who harassed my family years ago, probably David Feger. Once Michael died, we have never been bothered again, in fact HCSO has assisted us a couple of times when we need them. What doesn’t surprise me though is that you are not man enough to use your real identity, instead you are using the name of a man who is the Florida prison system who has been arrested in this county.
    You chickens__t.

Hair Color: BROWN
    Eye Color: GREEN
    Height: 5’05”
    Weight: 148 lbs.
    Birth Date: 03/15/1972

Initial Receipt Date: 06/16/2016

Current Facility: BAKER C.I.

Current Custody: MEDIUM
    Current Release Date: 05/29/2018

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:45 pm
    • I call Holy a she. I don’t know if it is a he or a she. If it were Holly, I’d guess a girl. It could be anybody, however I have no problem revealing who I am. Tom has my email address and hers too. Have I used a different name before? Yes, however I use my own email address each time. I see no reason not to when voicing my opinion.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:55 pm
    • If you go back and read old articles, I do use these initials when I post. I rarely post though. Quit showing the world what is or has been representing HCSO for years. Get your facts straight. I’m just saying. Come see me. You know where we live. I dare you.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 3:04 pm
      • And another reason you gave yourself away David Feger is this. All other deputies AT THAT TIME (from 3/5/2005 to 10/4/2010) knew me by a different last name. You sat at our table, shocked to find out that you were messing with me and told me to never let any other deputies know we knew each other. Do you not remember that? Leave us alone. You already helped take the like of my nephew with your lies.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 5:05 pm
        • I’m sorry. That was me posting after my nephew did. Tom, don’t put that comment up. I will correct it.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 5:07 pm
      • I just typed out a little message to you, however it was under my nephews name. I want to correct that. You gave yourself away because AT THAT TIME (3/532005 to 12/4/2010, while we were being harassed) I was using a different last name. As you sat at our table, my husband and I clearly remember you freaking out to find out it was me that was being messed with. You then told me not to tell any deputies that we were friends for years. We’ve already lost two family members due to lax police work, please don’t mess with us any longer. Simply go away and leave us alone.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 5:14 pm
    • looks like a guy with same name is a dirtbag. jill youre a great detective you get that from dad or mom

Monday, 29 January 2018, 6:39 pm
      • She was a private investigator. Come over and talk to her husband if you have a bone to pick with her. You won’t because you are a coward who hides behind his keyboard.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 9:06 am
  • Attention Peanut Gallery. This county of roughy 180,000 people overwhelmingly supports our law enforcement. Some act like they don’t, until they need help. There’s no doubt that the candidate supported by a retiring sheriff will have the support of the majority of voters. I’d hardly say the Sheriff is “embattled” or “throwing in the towel”. As far as I can tell he wins every battle. He’s a politician and I’d guess he’s looking to a higher office.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:28 pm
    • Well nonsense, he wins every battle, let’s see if wins the battle with RNRF and Tom Lemons . My bet is on Tom. Contribute people, so we have some kind of honest reporting in this hell hole I am sorry to call home.Naw I ain’t moving, I want to see it unravel. Looking for a higher office? Sure that’s not a Lower, much lower office? Get it. ?

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:10 pm
      • Was at the Horse&Crown the other night and overheard an off duty deputy and someone else giggling about initiating a traffic stop and planting dope in the publisher’s vehicle because ” Al wants him off the street ” , I thought wow, just wow . Two dirt bags at war with one another …….only in Hernando.

Monday, 29 January 2018, 12:05 am
  • I sure wouldn’t vote for a man or so called that runs animal control……

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:01 pm
    • I was thinking to myself…. Said self who would vote for a man that was never a cop he went fbi academy then business school you and deputies have the lowest level of training dont know how to talk to people just a power game for you guys… We’ll vote you out commissioners too.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:20 pm
  • Let’s see here on today’s Sunday paper a article reads ‘Records number of inmates died in Florida prison last year’ hopefully they look into county jails too. I was arrested for abusing 911 for make 3 calls and one call the medics drove to me to ER and they were paid $600.00. After being very confused and a senior battling breast cancer I got out of the hospital and no one to call and no money for a cab and like I said very confused I called 911 for help I was lost walking around the hospital not knowing where I was and then the deputies came to where I was took my ID to see if I had any warrants after checking and took my purse they said to see if I had a gun they made a comment about being a crazy old lady laughed at me and I told one officer why would he make a comment like that he laughed and said they weren’t a taxi service to call a cab or walk I live in Homosassa then after walking 4 miles my phone in my purse pocket dialed them and then showed up in their cars all lights flashing they said they heard walking and said I used another phone because was as same location as where I was and said I threw the phone in the weeds and it only gets worse I was abused by the deputies and I asked that the cuffs not be so tight because of neuropathy and the female officer told me “hey I got my tits cut off too” I told them while they were erasing all info I had recorded on my cell phone (they thought I was my sister who has givin then hell) on my phone but there was one they didn’t erase. In the car the deputy that was driving farted real bad and laughter then he turned on a phone about hillbillys and pointed his thumb back to now remember they thought I was someone different. I was thrown in jail and not allowed to make a call my family was frantic they smeared fecal matter on my face after I had a seizure they said I was faking it they had fellow inmate to throw hot water on me and fecal matter I was in a catatonic state and knew what was going on but couldn’t speak they drugged me around the room again saying I was faking it they popped 6 smelling sticks and shoved them up my nose real high and then did a hard painful sternal rub and it was so inflamed, the abuse went on until my family found me and got me out of there. I kept on telling them that they thought I was my sister I took pictures of my abuse and went to the hospital and I had A CHEST CONTUSION and sprained arm with a possible rotator cuff tear, they didn’t know what to think of me they thought I was a plant or a witch. I have tried to call and send them my pics but I was screamed at by the Sargent and the Lt said I was going to sue them and didn’t want to discuss anymore. To the public be carful of these corrupt cops I have a court case coming up not lets see what happens. I’m sure I’m not alone and remember they thought I was my sister and while leaving and getting my belongs I told the deputy see I’m so and and I’m not my sister he said is she as crazy as you? The day after I was home the female deputy gave my sister a $167 ticket. TO PROTECT AND SERVE NOPE.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 7:56 am
    • Oh man!! I am sorry to hear of your experience. My family can feel your pain. Have you tried to file a formal complaint? If you have, and one wasn’t done properly, we can feel your pain there too. If not, please try to. Best of luck in court.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 12:47 pm
      • I was told that I was not allowed to file a complaint because I was guilty and guilty ppl are not allowed to file a complaint and I am willing to take a polygraph anytime.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:33 pm
      • I was told that I wasn’t allowed to file a complaint

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 8:17 pm
    • Whoa! Then I went to Publix and the bakery poured chocolate all over me. Then I went to Walgreens and the manager made me eat batteries. Then I went to McDonalds and the cashier said I wasn’t tall enough to eat there. Then I went to Target and the boy collecting carts abused me.
      Somebody needs to see a shrink.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 12:47 pm
      • Have something similar happen to your sick, elderly parent and you will know that what she says may very possibly be the truth. You see, when it happened to my dad, he passed away less than a year later. Are you sure you aren’t one of those deputies? How heartless you are, no matter who you are.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:42 pm
      • Whoa nellie sounds like you had a very bad day, Hell with all that, you might just take a long walk off a short pier, hope the sharks don’t get ya, but if they do, oh well, you didn’t have much to live 4 anyway. We all know that the Officials don’t lie?( Rolling eyes) and there is no way in hell that Tammy could make all this up.Unless she is Stephen King in disquise.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:02 pm
        • You are so correct Huh?? I have not made this up why would I and why was I made to walk down Rt 19 at 1:30am sometime in total blackness? I said I would take a poly and after 3 weeks my story has never changed and again I have a twin who they hate and she lives in Brooksville they thought I was her. Fighting breast cancer was hard and I’m a tough woman and they will not break me.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 5:03 pm
          • Correction>my story has not changed in 3 months

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 8:55 pm
      • I have seen a shrink and they are helping me to file a report with states Attorney office especially when my “shrink” saw my bruises and large contusion on my breat bone I have no breast due to cancer and let me tell you something officer I beat cancer twice and I was so sick you will be NOTHING to get rid of my rights as a human and you dirty cops will be exposed. Like I said I will take a polygraph and by the cop writing this hog wash rebuttal only shows the abuse and ignorance of Brooksville finest, sorry I just vomited in my mouth and officer I just got started.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:48 pm
    • Ohh I forgot to say I was covered with bruises which I have pics of all this for a 911 abuse? Anddd it was in the first degree charge

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:17 pm
  • I believe the mother who’s daughter was sexually harassed by a deputy see when you fuk with mama bear things get ugly and I would love to be a juror when these maggots have to be held accountable for their actions. What the F do these deputies do this? I bet there are females of all ages frightened to come forward that have be sexually harassed or even raped by the deputies of Hernando county but what is true that Citrus county and Pasco are the same. I was a recent victim of being falsely arrested and was talking to my doctor about this and he told me to stay out of Hernando county and that they are corrupt and the deputies are corrupt and that he has had to pick up the pieces of what was left of his patients lives who has dealt with Hernando county sheriffs department. Note the female cops are horrible too. Thanks Tom open this can of worms and expose these maggots.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 6:01 am
  • You people live in a GOP county. Most of our fellow citizens voted for the Swamp. It would be funny if not so obviously stupid. The Hoover Econ plan doesn’t and hasn’t worked. Taxes are high for the rich in the 17 countries beating us in many measures.

Our sheriff is probably about as good as one could expect for a republican.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:51 pm
    • LOL sour puss clinton voter incoming!

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:55 am
      • lol, thanks, Trump loves the “poorly educated”; his words. Too bad for our country, half of us don’t do any research, just react. That includes the Dem sheep too.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:30 pm
  • MAJOR JAMES T. POWERS FOR SHERIFF

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 9:26 pm
    • The one who gave county property away to a friend so that his friend could make his car look like a patrol car? No way!

A sheriff’s deputy has been suspended for a day after his boss said he used “no common sense” and unwittingly helped a man pose as a law enforcement officer.

Deputy Coordinator James Powers Jr. committed conduct unbecoming of an officer when he provided his friend with a department patrol car cage and helped him install equipment in a Crown Victoria that the man — a “law enforcement wanna-be” — later used to pretend he was a cop and pull motorists over for speeding, said Hernando County Sheriff Tom Mylander.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 8:45 am
    • Nope Salky, won’t get my vote, more of the same, perhaps worse if possible. Gotta be someone out there that is NOT part of the good Ole boy network.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 9:47 am
  • Anyone having to do with Anwpyld nimal control would never get my vote. They are major screwups.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 5:20 pm
  • Hey Hernando County Court of the kangaroo awesome well said good job way to put jack wagons in their place kudos to you I support you I wish you luck and success your spot on good job sticking up for your daughter keep rocking you go girl

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 4:30 pm
  • Hey Himmler, what or who is the other local news source I’m just curious? I know of none other than Bay News 9 the recorded talking head liberal machine that it is

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 3:16 pm
  • Tom by the way as long as every day of your life doing what you do you have no negative agenda or purpose to intentionally try to defame anyone in other words as long as your motive is to report facts and especially as much as you can the truth you have nothing to worry about the truth will always set you free keep on rocking keep pounding I’m posting this to you in reference to threats haters in or dangers that you may be in for reporting on such stories and topics keep on pounding brother

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 3:05 pm
  • WOW, am I seeing the Deputy that actually conducted this traffic stop posting on here challenging you and threatening that he will win his word against yours daring you to bring him to court you are freaking kidding me right

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:07 pm
  • This could get very interesting and I’m looking forward to the results. I see some of your haters have commenting and I can almost guess who they are. Thank you Tom for doing all of the great work that you do for our community. We need you here and appreciate you.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:17 am
  • The SO is corrupt from the top down. Exposing them should be a top priority for everyone. From the Dawn Center and it’s imbedded corruption to deputies who are thugs, to a Sheriff that hasn’t covered up everything from assaults to rapes.

It is in this towns best interests to elect someone who will gut the SO and start over.
    Thank you Tom for all your hard work.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 8:18 am
    • I concur.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:11 am
    • This county needs an African American sheriff

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:30 am
      • ARE YOU FOR REAL? We Had Enough of the HNIC Obama. I can Never vote for a Black Muslim AGAIN

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 12:50 pm
        • AMEN TO THAT

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 4:40 pm
        • So you voted for Obama? You claim you will not vote for him again or are you a stupid moron?

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 10:50 am
        • you do realize Obama is a Christian correct?

He doesnt follow the 5 Pillars of Islam;

1.1 Shahada: Faith.
          1.2 Salat: prayer.
          1.3 Zakāt: charity.
          1.4 Sawm: fasting.
          1.5 Hajj: pilgrimage to Mecca.

He goes to Church. Prays to Jesus Christ.

Therefore…he’s a Christian.

I do enjoy how you pointed out his skin color.

Plus There are Muslims in this community who are patriotic law abiding citizens.

Your Racism is showing by the way..

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:46 pm
      • No, it needs whoever can do the job with dignity and correctly. Color shouldn’t matter at all, theres no rooney rule

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 12:57 pm
    • This whole sheriff office and the HORRIBLE deputies are worthless hateful,ignorant, corrupt, undereducated overpaid,bafoons bullies with a badge and need to be re-evaluated every three months and the ones that actually hurt ppl and the sheriff needs to go they turn their heads when they arrest members of the community without good reasons or arrests that are are illegal. These bafoons are allowed to assault ppl the homeless, sick,women ,mentally ill, and the poor are assulated by the deputies on a daily basis and arrested then the sheriff office turn their heads. Bye Bye sheriff and your bullies need to go and find out how much money has been stollen too. Women are FINALLY able to step up to say NO and maybe the abusers (hernando deputies) will be held accountable and FIRED when abuse is reported and actually believed. This madness has to stop

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 5:00 am
      • Tell us what you really think! Sounds like you’ve been arrested. Of course, it was a wrongful arrest.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:07 pm
  • Tom why does Det.Galarza keep harping on the word BOCC,I would always say that, saying commissioner is to general.And why is he asking if you put het up to saying this about the Dawn Center.If this behavior is going on close the center,period.lets stop the waste of money it can be put to better use in other local venues.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 7:27 am
      • He embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth. He is not following the oath he took.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:18 am
        • I AGREE Vote Nienhuis OUT

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 12:54 pm
          • You can’t vote someone out who isn’t running again you flipping moron.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:57 am
  • Relative of Shawn Terry ……….Hernando County’s most corrupt former law enforcement. That’s just what Hernando needs……….Using one thorn to pull out another.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 7:11 am
    • Another Neinhuis TROLL Get over it. He’s Arrogant self serving and corrupt. It’s as plain as the look on your face

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:00 pm
  • I can only imagine due to the anger in your reply to my initial post that you’ve got to be somehow related to the Sheriff’s Department is not a deputy yourself shame on you and your little corrupt way or maybe even better you’re a deputies mistress food for thought do yourself a favor why don’t you keep your nastiness your viciousness and your accusations where they belong down your toilet

Friday, 26 January 2018, 11:31 pm
  • Did you really just post a piece based on a rumor?

Friday, 26 January 2018, 11:31 pm
      • Hahaha I love that you have to Mention CNN in your comment hahaha.. shows you bias right there Tom…. 45 might have a job for you in his Fake News brigade

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 6:10 am
          • Haha so has FOX..Breitbart… ABC..NBC…haha call em all out Tom not just one..hence your bias is showing

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:16 am
              • Lol, fox is way worse, they doubt event pretend to be honest. Funny how facts are always “liberal”.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 12:35 pm
              • Not what I’m Saying at all. If you say you are a reporter and report evenly… Comment the same way. No one has mentioned liberal or other… I’m just saying spread the fake news across the spectrum.. because it’s all of them not just one.. just try to be better lol

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:47 pm
                • And your “Liberal Outlet” comment is all the evidence I need of your bias. But like I said it’s cool.. just own you man.. don’t pretend to be something you are not.. objectivity is not your strong suit…

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:49 pm
          • Orange is an ugly color Tom

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:17 am
            • John snow, then don’t wear ORANGE!

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:43 pm
              • I was more speaking to his love for 45… But I do like how my eyes look in Orange Clothing soooo I can’t say it’s all that bad… Just watch the spray tanning I guess

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 5:51 pm
                  • Dude, Mr. Trump consistently makes, at best, very odd remarks about race. GOP sheep and GOP politicians routinely make inappropriate remarks.

Dems certainly are not immune to the stupidity bug, but come on.

The GOP’s platform is based off of Hoover, not Canada or one of the 17 other countries doing better than us.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:45 pm
                  • Ohh Tom… His skin color isn’t natural haha.. he tans.. I’m not making fun of his Caucasian features haha.. keep reaching man.. you’re fun

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 12:05 am
                    • No ambulance to chase

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 9:15 am
        • John Show You are an ignorant Liptard Asswipe that refuses to inform yourself of the truth. Keep watching CNN and drink the Cool aide. Haley’s comet will come and pick you up. BTW Get a New Pair of Sneakers Ready

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:08 pm
          • Haha you sound like an Alex Jones follower….. Please tell me your latest conspiracy theory…..I read mutiple outlets.. watch mutiple programs both national and international news outlets… “Informed” more like ignorant…. Try again troll Try again

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 4:34 pm
          • LOL! The guy probably voted for “the Swamp” currently controlling our Gov and our county gov. Yet these sheep cry about corruption.

Hello? You voted for freaking Hoover on steroids. You really think that’s going to help you? It’s the opposite of what every successful country does.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:47 pm
      • great job Tom. Making everyone aware of the corruption and nonsense. I say fire the whole department and start over. Drain the swamp.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 8:27 am
      • “And is that any different than every headline and context of every story posted by CNN?” Interesting justification. If you can’t beat ’em, eh? I do not believe I have ever tried to discredit anything. I just like actual facts, truth and a modicum of balance. I sincerely apologize if my expectations are too high.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:09 pm
  • The Sheriff supporters have arrived. Watch the nastiness now. Or it could be that drunk deputy who lost his career from a DUI and Terry was part of doing what was right using, multiple names and fake email addresses. He was a brownnosing pos and he got finally got caught. The good guy arrested him. Dave only became a cop to cover up his own crimes. Before becoming a cop he smoked pot, worked at the Jiffy store, sold or gave beer to minors, and when he became a cop he gave them breaks for pot, DUI’s and other crimes when they were caught by him or his buds. Others he went after trying to ruin them because they knew it was wrong for the police to be like that. He tried to ruin a few innocent people with his lies and false reports. I know this because I was one of those minors. Unfortunately there are a lot more like him on the force and the Sheriff will not listen to complaints. His internal affairs lady lies. She’s a bully who doesn’t look for the truth instead she covers up for deputies. I met with her and whew. An investigation never was done even when I filed a complaint.
    I agree that Tom needs to be careful but there’s other agencies that would get involved IF something were to happen. There’s too much evidence to show corruption and a conspiracy that is going on in writing on Facebook and other places.
    Not too many people who work for State, Hernando County government or FHP have anything nice to say about deputies or the administration.
    Everyone I know is glad to have Tom post news. Real News Real Fast is my generations source of information when we want to know what is going on.
    It is good to know that we might have another choice. Come on good guys, step up and do what is right for this very messed up county. Run for sheriff and let’s get this man out if he decides to run again. We need new blood at the helm of this ship and the Sheriff needs to gooooooooo before he makes it sink.
    Dawn Center needs shut down. My sister came out of there worse then she went in by being more addicted to drugs. She ended up going to heaven from an overdose. Some of her friend were police. The deputy friend took her phone and all evidence of contact with the deputies for us never to see it again. It’s gone with the phone they have.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 11:00 pm
    • If you are referring to me …I’m not that Dave. Holy Do yourself a favor when you are dealing with someone who has first hand knowledge of what a jackass Terry is, shut your trap. Terry is an awful option for Sheriff and i’m not a fan of the current administration either.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 6:21 am
      • Sounds like the same Dave I know. You tried to shut me up once and it worked. That will not happen again.
        Are you going to run or are not a police officer any more.
        Anybody is better than what is in office now.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:49 am
    • Oh my!!! I may just know who you are Holy and what you say about that Dave is very accurate. My kids feel the same way and oftentimes ask me to check RNRF to find out what is going on, if they can’t do it themselves for some reason. I’m very sorry to hear about your sister. If this is the same Dave, yeah, it was me who told on your for sticking your nose where it did not belong, doing things highly illegal and costing my family member his life. Now, do you know who I am? Come see me face to face if you have something to say to me. You know where I live and you know my family was absolutely correct with filing an informal complaint. You see Dave, caller ID does not lie.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:37 am
      • Matter of fact, Dave (the one you’re speaking of Holy) sat at our dining room table while on duty and asked us never to tell anyone what he had done prior to becoming a cop. Being a cop was always his dream job and it truly saddened me to learn that the kid who grew up down the street (and always told me he couldn’t wait for my daughter to turn legal age) turned into such a bad apple, who spoiled quite a few in the bunch then lost his career because of it. I’m not afraid to speak up about this at all and anyone at the department can figure out who I am by my initials. I’ll say this, I better never get harassed again and neither better any of my other family members by any LEO’s. That is not part of your job descriptions and believe you me, I will take it to the limits if it does happen.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:48 am
  • Drain the swamp!

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:42 pm
  • If you think we got a crooked Sheriff now put James Terry in there he was a crooked cop 23 years ago if his lips are moving he’s lying. If you want a real honest sheriff-elect BJ Hart, his dad Danny Hart was one of the most honest deputy you would ever find I wish he would come out of retirement and run for Sheriff. Right now Hernando County Sheriff Department is one of the most organized criminals and the taxpayers are paying them for it.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:32 pm
    • How are they an organized crime syndicate? Don’t just make baseless claims.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:06 am
    • I agree 100% Danny worked with me during his time off after the fun n games he and his co-workers got caught up in and no one could ask for a better person to work with. he told me that he was so glad to actually be the everyday worker and how he could now relate to most of their everyday situations. honest as the day is long Danny is one of the most honest people i have ever had the opportunity to meet. i never met BJ personally but if anything like his dad he too would be a great replacement for sheriff kneehigh

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 8:42 pm
  • This guy spent his career ruing the careers and reputations of a lot of deputies. It would be a disaster if if he got elected. I’m curious to know who “they” are that are encouraging him to run. I’d like to see him run… over by a train.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:55 pm
    • What’s the matter? Your name give you away doughboy.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:21 pm
      • You should know who I am because I have called you DOUGHBOY to your face.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:30 am
  • Please list the sponsors who have left your channel because of your problem with the sheriff? We, the public don’t have that information yet.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:49 pm
    • Right we will boycott

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 12:08 am
    • Terlep Chiropractic for one…

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:44 am
      • Terlep is a money grabber and will make sure every penny is spent that a persons insurance will give. That is all they care about.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:46 am
        • Holy, so right!! By the time you pay your deductible and insurance pays, costs a fortune for nothin Would never go there again.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 3:01 pm
      • Terlep Chiropractics marketing director is a backstabber. He’s friends with Gus on the school board and they golf together often. James, or Jimmy as he is known by is nothing but a huge artist and nothing more. I would never go to this place if my life depended on it. I will continue to boycott and spread the word about those who are in on the corruption and the apparent conspiracy that is going on. Do you have an updated list Tom?

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:25 am
  • Sorry Herman! Meant to address to Back Door Deal

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:43 pm
  • Come on Herman! Don’t Believe anything you see on TV. Are You that Gullible? Killing is easy to get away with! It’s Keeping your Mouth shut that most people can’t Do is why they get caught. Tom is not a Pu**y! Keep up the good work Tom! Ya got em. Scared

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:41 pm
  • James Terry is a heartless snake that has a drinking and gambling problem. He is also a liar worse then his ex cop brother that got arrested for lying and a James is a gratutity hound that will take any handout he can get.He is also a racist with one of his best friends having SS bolt tattoos.

We need new blood not washouts or current politicians.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:25 pm
    • Damn, you hit the nailed it.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:25 pm
    • You only say that because you have been arrested a few times and have a vendetta against the police.
      It is a sin to lie and bear false witness against your neighbor.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 12:05 am
      • Quoting scriptures only makes you look insane. You know nothing about James Terry and again I’m not that Dave.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 6:27 am
        • Maybe you should go read some scriptures.
          You are right that I know nothing of him except what I read in the press.
          I hope you don’t run for office because the way you talk to people on here is not the way a police or former police should talk.
          The antidote to hate is compassion — for others as well as ourselves. Self-compassion means that we accept the whole self. If we find part of ourselves unacceptable, we tend to attack others in order to defend against the threat. If we are okay with ourselves, we see others’ behaviors as ‘about them’ and can respond with compassion. If I kept hate in my heart for [another], I would have to hate myself as well. It is only when we learn to hold ourselves with compassion that we may be able to demonstrate it toward others.
          Hating a person says a lot about yourself.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:00 am
  • We do not need any appointee that comes from this regime. Same old stuff that we have now. This county deserves a new start with honest law men running the show. Time to start with Governor Scott to appoint someone who has no connection with the current SO.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:19 pm
    • I was in total agreement with you up to the point of having Scott appoint our sheriff. We the people deserve the right to vote for who we want in office!

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:41 pm
      • The governor appoints someone if a sheriff leaves office prior to an election. The person he appoints still needs to seek re-election. You aren’t the sharpest tool are you?

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:27 pm
        • I was NOT referring to him leaving office early. I was referring to him not running again at election.
          So where is YOUR sharpest tool?!

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:03 am
          • If he doesn’t seek re-election then the governor wouldn’t appoint anyone, EINSTEIN. The governor only appoints in the event of resignation. Your entire point is null and void. Clearly you are just a tool in the back of the shed.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:17 am
  • Tom I don’t know if you are intentionally antagonizing the sheriff but these types of stories are only going to cause you to lose more sponsors at best, do you not realize that by putting these reports out there you are putting a bigger bullseye on your back, Tom I can tell you with first-hand knowledge that went the sheriff and his minions have an issue with you they will destroy you! They will crush you like a bug. I recently saw something on Investigation Discovery and it was a parody but it’s the truth and I want you to think about this, it said I watch so much CSI how to get away with murder homicide Hunter and investigation discovery I can make your murder look like Santa Claus did it.
    I’m saying this just to tell you that you are playing with fire, and I don’t believe you have a big enough fire extinguisher to put it out. Please be careful I don’t want to attend another funeral at the cause of our illustrious Sheriff and his Lynch Mob.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:19 pm
      • Please be careful Tom these guys are playing for keeps and it’s terrifying please be safe

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:29 pm
      • Been there done that and I agree. BUT this needs to be out there because now those who don’t support Nuthouse will have another choice. There’s a lot of good people out here who do support Tom to the fullest. Let the truth be told Tom. Mr. Terry, you have our support. Please oppose this coward and his very corrupt behavior.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:39 pm
    • Rofl why am I not surprised that the crazies follow Tom Lemons…

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:29 pm
      • Big time, I was talking with the publisher of the other’ local news source’ he said he was gonna run another story about the bones in his closet just to keep everyone in perspective. I’d like to see the two destroy each other.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 6:55 am
        • What does bones in a closet have to do with anything? Digging up dirt is not the way to handle things. There are not too many people who don’t have skeletons in their closets me included.
          Go read some scripture. It will turn you into a better person.
          God watches all and we will all face judgement day.
          What other local news source are you talking about? As far as I knew this is the only one that is reliable and gives the truth. Just because you don’t like this one exposing someone or somethings does not mean that it is good for any news source to do articles on another reporter. That is highly unethical.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:11 am
        • Interesting…1st I’ve heard there were any other news outlet in Hernando County. Must not do much reporting. Tom did not take an oath when he started writing news for Hernando County. However, those in the news did take an oath. Therefore, who cares about what Tom did before he started informing us of what was really going on here in Hernando County. Tom, thank you for all you do. Keepup the good work! Oh and i hope you weren’t partying naked in college….we probably couldn’t handle reading about that skeleton! LOL

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 3:39 pm
      • Like you? Why can’t you people just let it go? Oh, that’s right. He’s exposed your corruption too. It is very easy to figure out who you are by your blatant hatred towards this man. If you don’t like him, why do you follow him and post on his page? To make yourself look worse? That’s what I thought.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:21 am
  • YAY! Throw in the towel! Nothing would make me happier. Maybe other candidates will come forward. He’s a bumbling idiot when he goes in front of the press. “I don’t know.” “I haven’t seen that information yet.” We need rid of this embarrassment . Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Hurry up 2020. Actually, you can throw the towel in now and I’d even be happier.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:15 pm
    • This department is terrifying there is so much corruption here, and they say New York in the big cities are bad, I tell my children when they leave this house if they are ever pulled over by local law enforcement they are to immediately turn the recorder on in their phones.
      And that happened after a deputy pulled over our daughter who is very beautiful and very conservative but yet very busty and rather than pull her over for a legitimate reason he saw her coming out of the gas station followed her until the long dark stretch of Road between Rogers Park and Hernando Beach where cellular service is all but nil.
      Luckily our daughter is smart and remembered what her father and I had told her and she refused to pull over until she got to the little convenience store where or when the deputy approached your vehicle he said to her I just wanted to let you know I think you’re beautiful can I get your number? When my daughter replied she was only 16 he told her that was okay with a wink and then told her if she didn’t give him her number that she was going to get a ticket for an improper lane change.
      It was only when she started to cry and a couple of people came out of the store that he handed her back her license and told her to have a good day. I think Real News Real Fast is playing with dangerous boys with loaded guns and unless they have guns at Real News Real Fast and bodyguards I wouldn’t be posting anything about this department.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 9:26 pm
      • Lol! What a bunch of bologna. Did you really just refer to your own daughter as “busty”. Screw off, liar.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:10 pm
        • Moms do that instead of saying my daughter has nice big boobs. It’s much more appropriate.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:25 pm
          • Amen… thank you

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 12:58 am
            • I guess because this lady’s 16yr old (who I find it hard to believe was driving alone being that shes sixteen) says something happened then it clearly did. Normal, logical people like myself assume that if that truly happened then security footage from the store would’ve been requested. I mean.. you did file a complaint, right? Oh, no? Woops.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:09 am
              • My beautiful daughter drove alone at 16 as a lot of other kids do. What is hard to believe about that? It is very common practice. How dare you call a mother dumb for looking out for her child. Makes me think you may just be the person who is on the video and you are trying to gain information. I give this mother a huge kudos for doing what is right instead of allowing a deputy to repeat this kind of behavior. Great job, Mom.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:29 am
        • I sure hope your daughter got this deputy’s name and at least turned him in for that. That was not appropriate at all! Too bad she didn’t get it recorded! Those kind of deputy’s need not be in that line of work!

Friday, 26 January 2018, 10:45 pm
          • It is recorded we insisted that all our children carry a pocket recorder when they first started driving especially in this County after careful talks with a friend of ours who used to do internal affairs they told us it would be safer for our daughter to at this time put it in our attorney’s hands and when our daughter is finished with college and starts her internship at a TV station here locally then she’s going to put it on the news but not now and we gave her the choice to go public or to sit on this and she said she wants to be able to finish school without feeling harassed by him or his Compadres.
            Thankfully she’s a smart beautiful intelligent young woman who realized that very moment that she could have been in a lot of trouble because she’s a tiny little thing and he obviously is much stronger than her and again is supposed to be in the respectable authoritative figure but she recognized immediately he had an ulterior motive and she did the right thing. I think for her it was a traumatizing event yet it also taught her an awful lot about being a young woman in today’s society the nasty post that I got in respect to it I can pretty much bet was either a deputy or a deputy is girlfriend wife or mistress thank you though for your response you’re absolutely correct mommy’s have a way of describing our daughters without being repulsive or crude

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:01 am
            • “We have the recording but we are not going to show it”

Soooo in other words it doesn’t exist. Got it.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:11 am
            • You did what was right by not turning the video over to anyone but your attorney.
              The police here are corrupted and they cover too many things up to protect themselves from lawsuits and humiliation.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 11:06 am
              • Jill Wells aka Holy you have the wrong dave.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 1:49 pm
                • This is Jill Wells, as you can see by my initials. JeW. Please do not start accusing me of being other people. I’m getting sick and tired of it. I have no problem admitting who I am. Have a good night.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:26 pm
                • I had people telling me my profile was Tom Lemons earlier in the week. See how silly these assumptions are? Just stop.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 10:28 pm
                  • liar. youve never used those initials until you were called out by me. nice try. your comments give you away because youve been repeatng yourself for years.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 12:44 pm
                  • Hey Feger, go see my post at the top to you.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:48 pm
                    • jew aka holy not feger even toigh youre obsessed with him. you are the one scrolling to the bottom of many comments 2 days after the articles posted. shows you have more then one alias on here. busted!!

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 5:22 pm
        • Well considering I’m her mother yeah that was a polite way to refer to her and no I’m not a liar as a matter of fact looking at your comments one would think that maybe you were the pervert Deputy that tried to get my daughter to do things that are unmentionable you know what you my dear don’t have your facts I on the other hand have a video recording of the incident which by the way sits safely in the hands of our attorney and once my beautiful daughter who’s smart and witty gets her internship at a TV station you can damn well bet it’s going to be on the air so then we’ll see who the liar is by the way deputy or deputies wife mistress or w**** why don’t you go back to that whole you just crawled out of your stink is smelling up the county

Friday, 26 January 2018, 11:28 pm
          • You can’t claim to be a victim of a crime if you purposefully withhold evidence until you get a tv job… If you are so upset about the situation… But want to wait years to report it until she gets a job on tv… Good luck in court even with your video… Your comments on this thread show your intent…. Sry this happened to you daughter… Report it sooner rather then waiting for Publicity opportunity

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 6:21 am
          • I dare you , it’s her word against mine , I’ll decimate you in a court of law . I’ll make the cell phone inadmissible and drain your savings with punitive damages …….wanna play ball , make your move .

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 7:04 am
            • Wow!!!-

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:22 pm
            • Really wow I sure understand why her mom and dad gave the video recording to an attorney.
              Shame on u.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 9:48 am
      • Well when you sit and do nothing it gets worse and more dangerous…

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 9:22 am
        • To informed and Tom your spot on spot on especially on CNN oh and Jimbo and the John show you all have a mental disorder sorry into the mother of the 16 year old who was pulled over and has the recording good for you amen congratulations to you for having some class concerning how you speak about your daughter you also are spot-on and I wish you luck in your endeavor can’t imagine being in your daughter shoes if this really did happen it’s friggin effed-up by the way I have no clue if he’ll run or not but would love to see Sergeant Clay Miller or supervisor Clay Miller run there’s a good man right there

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 2:19 pm
          • Ahh yes… no substance straight to insult… try again.. no mental disorder here. Appreciate your thoughtful insight though… Made me chuckle

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 4:39 pm