Search Underway for Man Who Attempted to Kidnap 11-Year-Old Girl

UPDATE: 1/26/2018, 10:56 A.M. – Officials released a composite image of what the alleged kidnapper my look like.

HOLIDAY (PASCO) – Sheriff’s Deputies are searching for a possible suspect in an attempted child kidnapping that occurred around 5:00 p.m. this evening in the Colonial Hills Area.

Officials are looking for a light skinned Hispanic male or dirty White male who attempted to grab an 11-year-old girl from a bicycle.

The incident occurred at the intersection of Whippoorwill Drive and Jarvis Street.

The suspect has a medium build, middle aged, dark long hair, and a full scruffy dark beard with gray mix. He was last seen wearing a light blue shirt with holes in it and light shorts and gray socks with no shoes.

Officials are asking anyone with information to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 800-706-2488.

Comments
  • One is light skinned Hispanic and the other is a filthy white guy…? Seriously? So if you’re white and you get too dirty, you look suddenly look Hispanic? Is that what Hispanics look like to others? Dirty white people? You handled that well. No wonder you’re begging for money.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 3:19 pm
    • Wow is that what you do take all day to come up with that. Please get real dirty white man hhhhhmmmm omg there calling Hispanics dirty white men… I need meds…… ⚠❄❄❄❄⚠🎻🎻

Friday, 26 January 2018, 6:38 pm
    • And that description might have came from 11 year old please turn off your wifi thank you.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 6:44 pm
      • I understood what he was saying. Clearly you’re confused Qweef Rash. The premise is obvious, Put down the bong and read a book once in a while. (Not the kind you color in)

Friday, 26 January 2018, 8:35 pm
        • Haaahhaa! right on

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 10:03 am
    • I’m sure it happened so fast that they were not able to get a real good look and therefore unable to determine which one it was.

Saturday, 27 January 2018, 7:36 am
  • Hope they find this scum bag.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 7:35 am
  • I see this and get the chills I’ll do my own investigation and you will find the man matching that discription in a ditch if that was my daughter…

Friday, 26 January 2018, 4:46 am
  • If true and captured, cut’em off and hang this turd. Case closed

Friday, 26 January 2018, 3:54 am
    • and shoot’em!

Friday, 26 January 2018, 3:07 pm
  • I think the work you do is valuable to the county and people should feel privileged to have these community resources. Not all communities are so lucky. Having said that, I would have contributed to your cause until I read the “real news” quip in your plea. A photo journalist like yourself should know the plight of reporters and not feed into such 1984ish kind of remarks to appeal to a segment of this local population you wish exploit. Otherwise, I would have subscribed, but not to appeals like that,

Thursday, 25 January 2018, 8:43 pm
    • “I think the work you do is valuable and people should feel privileged to have these resources.” There’s just one thing…I don’t want to pay for it out of my own pocket so I will just come up with some Mickey Mouse excuse not to make a contribution. You can’t fill up the RNRF car and pay the other bills on comments Chuckie.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 5:40 am
      • The main reason that I did contribute is so that I can continue to keep updated on things happening in my Community because RNRF is the only way I can keep up with things of interest to me. I used to get the Tampa Bay Times, 7 days a week. I wasn’t reading the paper because there was nothing about Hernando County in it so I decided to only have Sunday Delivery. When I talked to the representative they were trying to talk me out of just Sunday Delivery using some really questionable tactics. They told me that I would not get local Supermarket ads….OK, I get them for free in my mailbox every Wednesday…no great loss to me. I then asked if there was a “Hernando County” news section in the Sunday paper. The answer was “NO”, if I wanted to know what was going on in Hernando County I would at least have to subscribe to the entire weekend delivery, Fri, Sat and Sun. WOW…I have always thought that Hernando County was part of the “Tampa Bay Area”. They have sections for other Counties, why not Hernando? I did take the Sunday only delivery and my subscription will be up in March. Will I subscribe again…….”Hell no, even if they offered it to me for free”! I paid $24.00 for the entire year for news that really interests me as opposed to paying almost a hundred dollars for 7-day delivery of the Tampa Bay Times. Keep up the good work Tom….I do appreciate all of your efforts! Thanks Bunches!!!

Friday, 26 January 2018, 11:11 am
      • why do you consider his reason a “mickey mouse reason”? it was valid.

Friday, 26 January 2018, 7:29 pm
  • Tom again?

Thursday, 25 January 2018, 8:24 pm
  • hope they find him! before something else happens.

Thursday, 25 January 2018, 8:09 pm