Search Underway for Missing Endangered Teen

BROOKSVILLE – The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office is currently searching for missing and endangered adult, 18-year-old Dylan J. Thornton.
Officials say Thornton was last seen in the late evening hours, after leaving a party in the Spring Ridge subdivision.
Friends who were with Thornton when he left the party advised deputies that Thornton was possibly using illegal narcotics and may have been suffering from an “altered state” when he was last seen.
Thornton may have been in crisis and reportedly removed all of his clothing before running into a wooded area near Spring Ridge.
Thornton’s physical description is as follows:
White Male
Date of Birth – 09-09-1997
5’4”
140 lbs.
Brown Hair
Hazel Eyes
We ask all residents in the area west of Sunshine Grove Road, please check properties, sheds, barns, etc., incase Thornton took refuge in one of these areas. Please do not approach Thornton, call 9-1-1 immediately.
If you have seen Dylan Thornton or know his current whereabouts please call the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office at 352-754-6830 or your local law enforcement agency. Again, due to Thornton’s possible “altered state”, please do not approach; call 9-1-1.

teen

Comments
  • What was the official cause of death?

Sunday, 20 September 2015, 5:13 pm
  • No I never have done drugs. That is a choice I made. Just like this kid made a choice.

No I would not feel sympathy for a family member either.

I never said I hated the kid. I never met him. If I did I wouldn’t hang out with him because he is a junkie. Don’t say he is not. It’s obvious he was smoking bath salts.. You going to say that was his first time doing drugs? I doubt it.

Thursday, 17 September 2015, 9:54 am
  • Did Don do it? He sounds like he did not like this kid at all. Maybe the police need to look at him for this. Something is not right here seems a lot of good comments about him and here wehave a few that seem to have hate for him.

Wednesday, 16 September 2015, 4:27 pm
  • i think u ppl who have to argue on this page and show such lack of humanity are all very terrible ppl who cares about what u all think this is a human childs life not a dog not a scumbag nor a drugaddict u didnt know him how dare u be so judgemental and disrespectful to any one we all get judged in the end and judge not less ye be judged first .cursing namecalling so childish id love to c how old u all really are 30’s 40’s older mabe still no values n morals

Wednesday, 16 September 2015, 10:39 am
  • That’s still somebody son how dare you ,

Wednesday, 16 September 2015, 5:23 am
  • Don well I hope the same or equal happens too you or one of your loved one sick sick sick . ur ganna go to hell so are the other two on here , no body cares for opinion so why are you even on here? …. Lol bye get off the pg .

Wednesday, 16 September 2015, 5:22 am
  • Amazing how the friends and family members expect sympathy when something happens to a junkie.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 10:26 pm
    • have u ever done drugs ?guess u r a junkie toooooo.or truthfully who am i or u to be the judge of what a junkie is

Wednesday, 16 September 2015, 10:41 am
  • Rest in peace Dylan J Thornton!! I’m so sorry!! My condolences to the Thornton family!!

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 10:09 pm
  • That’s how I talk. Sorry I’m not like everyone else and write perfect. I write how I feel like I’m not here to impress ppl with my spelling.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 10:00 pm
  • You really must feel like piece of sh## now huh woody says

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 7:33 pm
  • Who the f**k are you Mr woody , your a f******g skum bag!! Rot in hell! Trash! And for you Nunya , who are you every family has there problems and every family in the world rather rich or poor no matter what generation it is there is drugs in every family some how some way get over it , and ur generation taught us everything we no so f*** you too dumb a*** Sorry for my laungue everyone but that was disgusting seeing what people say and how they think, god bless too the family I am so sorry about your loss , I hope the rude people see how you feel sooner or later , pitiful , god bless and rip ?? he’s an Angle now he’s in a better place.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 7:33 pm
  • I really cant believe our neighbors, our community members, people who go to church, pray to their God, could say such horrible things about someone who’s missing or passed. We have all made mistakes, I bet every single one of you have made at least one stupid choice in your life, you don’t deserve a death sentence because of it. Shame on you!

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 3:58 pm
  • S, you seem to have an issue with Vowels !!!!! El Crapo, you don’t really want to meet any of the regulars here. They will eat you up and spit you out tough guy. It is sad this boy is dead, and yes, making such negative comments about a young teen who has passed is just wrong.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 2:27 pm
  • You all are sick talk your s$#@ then hes dead and oh we pray for him it dont work that way heathens nunya yo are a piece of work hypocritical, your all sick I see all ya praying now on new post pray for yourselves hypocrites .

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 2:16 pm
  • So sad, so young, so tragic!!!

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 2:03 pm
  • Bet all the rude commenters feel good now huh?

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 1:51 pm
  • You sick bastards he was a child…I knew him..very good kid..wrong choices..everyone makes them..keep your comments to yourself if it ain’t nothing nice to say…remember karma is a bitch..and my favorite one.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 1:23 pm
  • Hey nunya,your prolly right about this new drug problem in america,cause lord knows there was no problem in the 60s with herion and shrooms weed ect,80s crack epidemic90s ice what ever will we do,,where have you been? All the drug addicts of past generations are currently running this bitch straight into the ground.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 1:01 pm
  • All of you f***** **** suckers talking s**it on your f****n high horse hope you feel real good now knowing he was found dead. In my eyes you’re all bigger scum bags to sit there behind your f**** computer screen and talk s**t about someone you know nothing about. F*** your tax payer dollars self righteous scum bags I’d love to see you all in person

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 12:51 pm
  • Yu guys are pitiful. That’s someone’s kid yur talking about. Imagine if it was yur child or grandchildren. How would u feel. That’s what’s wrong with ppl now a days. So quick to judge someone they don’t know. Yu think the family wants to see yur ugly snotty comments? Yur what’s wrong with the world now a days. Did yu know ppl kill their self of stupid comments like yours. Should watch what yu say cuz yu can be the reason why that person is no longer around and BTW don’t know if yu know this cuz yur head is to far up yur rectum but the found his body. So maybe yu should keep yur ugly comments to yur self. If yu have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all!!!

R.I.P Dylan Thornton!

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 12:44 pm
  • Is there an update?

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 12:33 pm
  • You people absolutely ridiculous. I can not belive people would say su ch hurtful and ride things about a man none of you even knew including myself. He died, and his family is grieving and you people have the audicity to shame not only the deceased man, but his family as well. You elderly people blame the young generation for the problems YOUR generation caused. Who raised this young generation ? Keep your negative comments to yourself and please do not Harass the family by posting rude things about his lifestyle. That is just evil.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 12:28 pm
  • His body was found

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 12:12 pm
  • Flakka?

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 12:09 pm
  • Party, “illegal drugs”, “altered state of mind” under the influence
    of “illegal drugs”.
    This is our future generation who will one day
    run this country!!!
    This country is going to HELL!!!

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 11:43 am
  • You may want to update this story.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 11:32 am
  • Shared….. pray they find him safe!!!!

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 11:11 am
  • Is that right, he’s only 5’4″? He looks taller. Just curious.

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 11:06 am
  • Great, another loser cutting into the taxpayers ad sheriffs time. Maybe he will go to hudson

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 10:39 am
    • shut the f**k up you insentive peice of s**t. imagine if this was you brother or son or friend

Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 4:02 pm