Second Toddler Drowns in two Days, Investigation Underway

HOLIDAY (PASCO) – Sheriff’s Deputies are investigating second drowning of a  2-year-old child who was found floating in a  swimming pool on Springland Drive.

Officials say the toddler was found unresponsive in a pool located at the 5000 block of Sprinlgand Drive around 6:1o p.m.
The child was airlifted to an area trauma center for treatment, where his condition is unknown at this time.
A preliminary investigation reveals that the incident appears to be accidental.
A second toddler died yesterday at a residence on Falmouth Court in Spring Hill, after falling into the family’s pool.
We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • Such terrible tragedy for both these families. Prayers that this little boy makes a full recovery 🙏

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 11:16 pm
  • May God and his angels lay healing hands on this child. My prayers go out for this baby and their family. Too many tragedies like this happening.

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 10:03 pm
  • I am sorry that the child died and angry at the parents because idI like to know what in the hell they were doing that was so much more important than watching their child. I raised 3 with a pool and never lost 1. I had no help watching them and they managed to live. However I wasn’t fucking around on a phone or playing a game or busy doing something else. I was busy raising my children.

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 9:24 pm
  • So tragic for these parents. Abundant prayers for this precious child.

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 8:48 pm
  • You would think people with pools would learned a children how to swim, that’s why the YMCA is there.

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 8:36 pm
  • My children are all grown up and I still have a pool fence up. $300 is a small price to save a life

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 8:11 pm
  • when will people ever learn, wake up people. I feel so sorry for the little ones who never enjoyed life

Saturday, 31 March 2018, 8:04 pm