Separate Motorcycle Crashes Injures Three, Two Seriously

SPRING HILL – Separate motorcycle crashes injured at least three people on Commercial Way.

Firefighters are on scene of a two-vehicle crash in front of the Outback Steakhouse, just south of Northcliffe Blvd on Commercial Way, where two people may have suffered traumatic injuries. Both patients will be transported to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment.

There is road blockage in the inside lanes of both northbound and southbound Commercial Way.

Fire Rescue responded to an earlier accident at Commercial Way and Toucan Trail, where a man in his mid-sixties suffered traumatic injuries, after he lost control and was ejected from the motorcycle.

Witnesses say the man suffered head trauma and may have severed one of his legs.

We will bring more on these stories if new information develops.

Comments
  • get rid of the cell phones all together!!!! you can not drive and talk on a cell phone!!! I ride a motorcycle and to many people just keep driving talking on there phone not even seeing that they just ran that stop sign and hit some person not just on a motorcycle, alot of states have a law no talking on phone HEllo florida !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, 15 January 2018, 1:06 am
  • he told me 30 seconds before this happen hes never been in a accident and then the old guy in the honda pulled out in front of us and then right into his lane there was nothing he could have done it all happened in less than two seconds it was not the bikers fault at all not 1% i seen the entire thing happen and was there before and after… the state trooper didnt care that his shoe fell out from under the cars bumber and tire wheel on the ground and cars where running it over in kellys parking lot he never went to go get it i even told him his shoe is over there being run over he didnt care that i was just talking to the guy 30 seconds before this happen and seen the entire thing happen. the old guy pulled out in front of us driving down us 19 at tucan trail where the light should have been put up by now he said he thought he had all the time in the world he didnt see anyone coming we were going 55+/- a few mph when he hit the back left side of the honda civic that pulled out into the path of him i hope he is back home soon if theres anything that i can help with please let me know….

Monday, 15 January 2018, 12:31 am
  • Why can’t drivers use signals???

Friday, 12 January 2018, 12:33 pm
  • Every time there is an accident, people slow down to a halt in an attempt to get a glimpse of some grotesque scene. It really shows just how foul our specie can be, there were people there that outright stopped to get a good look, it slowed down traffic a lot. One fellow even stopped to have a conversation with the guy directing traffic. It is not a tourist attraction, it is a tragedy.

I know if it were one of my family members, I wouldn’t want a bunch of people filling their morbid desires staring at their lifeless body for their own amusement.

Friday, 12 January 2018, 8:20 am
  • Actually in the second story, the man is in his mid fifties, and he didn’t lose control of his motorcycle, he was hit by a vehicle.

You guys should practice sending out accurate news instead of trying to be the first to report on an incident.

Friday, 12 January 2018, 7:37 am
    • Amen Jason

Friday, 12 January 2018, 8:04 pm
  • All the “watch out for motorcycles” bumper stickers in the world wouldn’t have saved them – riding a motorcycle on US 19 is playing roulette

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 10:57 pm
  • what about all the people who die in cars, should we stop driving? Some of us have ridden our whole lives, hundreds of thousands of miles and were gonna keep riding. Play it safe safe off a motorcycle and die anyway. WTF

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 6:26 pm
    • totally agree PASCO! enjoy the ride.

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 8:20 pm
  • I wonder if the traffic light at Toucan is finally working and if it would have helped in this situation….prayers for all involved

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 5:07 pm
    • No it’s still not working there taking there sweet ass time turning it on !! The light on mariner , they put that up after they started the light on 19 n toucan trail and the light at toucan still isn’t on there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be !!

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 8:03 pm
    • I was there. It would have prevented it.

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 8:26 pm
      • The victim on the motorcycle was a member of my family. We are looking for witnesses on the accident. Would you be willing to come forward or get in contact with me. Anything is helpful.

Friday, 12 January 2018, 10:04 am
        • The dude Danny that commented on this post works at Kally ks he seen it. Contact him

Saturday, 13 January 2018, 12:51 am
        • Danny auditore is his name

Saturday, 13 January 2018, 12:53 am
          • Thank you so much. That’s super helpful.

Saturday, 13 January 2018, 9:01 am

Monday, 15 January 2018, 12:13 am
        • My boyfriend and I were there, we didn’t see they accident happen because we were 2 cars back but the motorcyclist was weaving in and out of traffic when we saw him. My boyfriend is currently going to school to be a CNA and he help keep his eyes open until the paramedics got there by talking to him. Hope he’s doing ok.

Sunday, 14 January 2018, 12:16 am
        • yes I was there literally talking to him at the last light right before this happen

Sunday, 14 January 2018, 11:42 pm
  • People will learn one day ! If enough people are killed or hurt on motorcycles maybe people will think twice about purchasing one. If not they deserve the possible negative out outcome

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 4:33 pm
    • congratulations, you just won the dumbest comment of the century award …..

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 5:22 pm
    • I’ve road for 45 years. Your a

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 5:36 pm
    • You’re an idiot!

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 5:54 pm
    • damn you

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 6:00 pm
    • Idiocy at its best please refrain from commenting when you have an IQ under 74 JS 😡 BTW I’m a female rider for over 25 years with no accidents

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 6:48 pm
    • You obviously have no morals or a brain. Just because someone rides a bike doesn’t mean they should die. You make it sound like bikers are always at fault have you seen the way some people drive around here?

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 8:01 pm
    • That was my dad. Go straight to hell you POS.

Friday, 12 January 2018, 11:50 am
      • Vanessa, let me apoligize for the remark by death is forever, he/she is stupid , I don’t know them, but must be a sicko. I pray for your family and your dad, please know that their are good people out there, caring, loving people, that don’t judge people for what they drive , ride etc.

Friday, 12 January 2018, 1:25 pm
        • You do not need to apologize for me. My statement is pretty clear, I never placed fault, I never never said women can not ride and I’m surely not lacking a brain. If people want to keep riding motorcycles, they really shouldn’t be surprised when an accident result in death.

Friday, 12 January 2018, 6:47 pm
          • Oh shut up, you are a total ass

Sunday, 14 January 2018, 7:02 pm
    • What an ignorant thing to say, hopefully you won’t get hurt or die while walking to your mailbox, cause we might have to stop mail delivery!

Sunday, 14 January 2018, 6:59 pm
  • After losing somebody very close to her family in March he was a young man barely had a chance to live his life it terrifies me anytime I hear of another motorcyclist going down. Please pray for the families of all involved

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 4:14 pm
  • i hope everybody will be OK, but check out the billboard in the pic. yowza!

Thursday, 11 January 2018, 3:32 pm