Separate Vehicle Accidents Injures One Person

HERNANDO – Two accidents occurred early this afternoon, one in Weeki Wachee, injuring one person, and another in Brooksville with unknown injuries.

The first occurred at the intersection of Commercial Way and Hexam, where two vehicles collided, resulting in the extrication of one driver. The injuries do not appear to be serious in that crash. There is some road blockage at this time.

The second crash occurred on Mariner Blvd, just north of Cortez Blvd. The minor head-on collision caused some damage to both vehicles but it is not known if any of the occupants will be transported for treatment.

acc1 acc2 acc3 acc4 acc5 acc6

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • J. Martin we honestly planned a move here back in the late 80s. We did not live in a cesspool lol. If we wanted to go back to NY we would of been gone. In traffic court you said sit and listen, I would love to. But that isn’t going to change any laws to make things better. Being an esq. I would think you would have more authority than a housewife/mother to change laws and keep people safe. It’s truly a shame Down here with all the accidents, sheriffs office probably overworked and many young lives are being cut short. Someone needs to wake up and laws need to be changed.

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 9:08 pm
  • Linda. Please feel free to move back to your precious state of New Yawk. If it is so great, why did you leave? The bad drivers you spoke about are primarily from the Northeast. Please feel free to come down to the courthouse and witness a few hours of traffic court. I always ask each defendant where they are from, the answer 80% of the time is NY or NJ. As a 7th generation Floridian, I can honestly say our state became the hell it is today because of the transplants from the North that can’t make it up there and choose to move here, then make every attempt to change our area into the cesspool they moved from.

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 7:29 pm
  • No matter where you came from, most accidents do not make the news. Fortunately we have rnrf and consequently we are informed about the local happenings in the area.

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 7:06 pm
  • Check TWICE FOR Q Tips….on MEDS…lol..

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 5:35 pm
  • No more that was just an ignorant comment. I’m so sick hearing about the northerners. Me personally I came from NY, Long Island to be exact, There were approx over a million people living there and there were never as many accidents as there are here.! Down here you have very young drivers and senior drivers, you have cell phone users ( in NY if caught it was a huge fine) you have speeders who have to blow past you to sit at the signal light, and you have very careless drivers. Many down here don’t know how to drive and that is the bottom line. They have short stop which is ridicoulous, and half these people that drive down here have never driven in bad weather conditions such as snow or ice. Had they drove in those conditions they may have learned how to drive. So stop with the northerners already. Sorry for the rant.

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 1:54 pm
  • Damn northerners. We should make them all take the bus or walk

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 6:12 am
  • No offence anyone. .but when you are 85 and 70 % of your meds say do not drive! Stay home!
    Call a cab! Seriously if a senior is given a field sobriety test and can not complete it or pass it they should get a driving while impaired. I sat in a restaurant and listened to a senior talk about how he can’t see anymore..can’t function right side of body and needed two people to help him get to his car…when they got to his car they realised he had left it running with door open and wipers on (no rain) they let him drive off..does it matter why a driver is impaired?

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 12:34 am
    • now THAT’S scary. may as well be loaded.

Wednesday, 9 December 2015, 5:32 pm
  • We dont need any more lights just have to use your head while driving if you put one there then you need one in front of hooters one at river country when will it end I’m on the roads every day people are texting one foot up on the dash come on

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 10:29 pm
  • not enough fatalities to warrant a light. i heard thats what DOT goes by.

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 9:25 pm
  • I think we need a traffic light at the hexam intersection

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 5:27 pm
  • I lived off of Knuckey for 11 years, and saw only one accident at Hexam and 19 in all that time. And now I’m seeing accidents all over 50, Mariner, and 19 in the last few years like someone put a bad spell on the area…It’s beyond sad that most all of these accidents could have been avoided if people would get their heads out of their a$$es and pay attention. I’ve been in a couple of accidents and none of them were my fault, never even got a speeding ticket, and I’m deathly afraid for my myself and my family just going down the road to the damn grocery store!!!

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 5:25 pm
  • I honestly hate crossing at 19 and hexam. They do need a light there. I’m with you nick. I don’t understand why they don’t zone it in when they redo the roads. Very bad planning on their part.

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 5:23 pm
  • I was waiting for the turning light in US 19 and when the turn light turned green for me to go a couple of seconds later a pickup truck ran right through it…………

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 3:42 pm
  • Yep they pull right out in front of you. They don’t yield to people in crosswalks either.

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 2:53 pm
  • Something needs to happen at Hexam and Commercial Way before someone ends up dead. No matter how careful one os at that intersection, vehicles are coming from all directions at a high rate of speed. Drivers heads need to be on a swivel whether turning or just headed North or South.

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 2:52 pm
    • I agree it is a very dangerous intersection

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 5:56 pm
  • Please be careful everyone. We need to stop and be cautious.

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 2:09 pm
  • Da snowbirds are here

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 1:33 pm
    • And who do you blame all summer, dumb…person??

Tuesday, 8 December 2015, 9:49 pm