Several Motorcycles Collide, Injuring Two – Ride to Benefit Myers Family

SPRING HILL – Two people are injured, after several motorcycles collide at the intersection of Spring Hill Drive and Parker Street

One of the riders, Rachel Johnson, tells RNRF that approximately 11 motorcycles were making their way to meet with the family of Zack and Zane Myers – the children of fallen parents Zachery Sr. and Jennifer Myers, where they were going to donate approximately $2,000.

When they reached the intersection, Johnson says the driver ahead of them slammed on their brakes – causing at least 4 to 5 motorcycles to collide. One of the riders, a 32-year-old man, was ejected from the bike and subsequently run over by a fellow rider. The injured biker was unconscious for a short time but regained consciousness prior to the arrival of Fire Rescue. He was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital with unknown injuries.

A second rider refused treatment for a possible broken hand.

There are unconfirmed reports that a third rider left the scene and may have been detained by the Florida Highway Patrol at a unknown location. It is not known at this time if he will face charges.

Johnson says they still plan to continue on with their journey to deliver their gift to the Myers family.

RELATED ARTICLE: FATHER OF TWO YOUNG BOYS DIES IN CRASH – MOTHER LOST LAST YEAR

mtot 2 moto1

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Benjamin I think your SCRUNCHEE may be a little to tight on your head. I would rather see a collection for foodforthought for a t shirt, I KNOW EVERYTHING , JUST ASK ME. Man I feel asleep trying to get thru that post. Wowzer. Have a great Internet bully night ya’ll

Monday, 15 February 2016, 7:51 pm
  • Can we all take a collection to buy ” Punisher” spell check? His posts hurt to read.

Monday, 15 February 2016, 6:53 pm
  • You dont need motorcycle insurance, I have ridden 20 years and never damaged anyones car. Please dont lecture me about having it. Its a bunch of bull, just dont hit anything. Its a persons right if they want bike insurance or not, I own the bike and ride safe. I know you have to watch the other guy, have ridden hundreds of thousands of miles, it is a risk, but a calculated risk. I dont have welfare or goverment money to spend extra money on insurance so I ride safe and keep my head out of my a–. If i ever cause a wreck I have to pay out of my pocet and I have the assets to do it, the heck with gieco

Monday, 15 February 2016, 6:20 pm
  • Bikers need to stop driving so close to one another. You are not exempt from the following to close law. And you don’t need to drive two in a lane. Have some common sense.

Monday, 15 February 2016, 6:03 pm
  • Well said and THANK YOU FoodforThought.

Monday, 15 February 2016, 5:15 pm
  • hey joshua and punisher in case you didnt know science and physics which apparently you have an issue with let me educate you both. Here are some facts that would help you before you start mashing on that keyboard thing in front of your digits. A vehicle traveling at 55 mph or in 88.5kph is traveling at 80.6 ft per second. It takes the average sedan approximately 4 to 5 seconds to stop from a perfect braking scenario. The general response time for a adult with no motor skill issues in independent tests of over 100 people tested was 3/4 of a second to just a little over 1 second. Given the feet per second traveled and the stopping distance of deceleration it would be just around 200 feet. To bring that into perspective for you both. The average telephone pole on the side of the road is 40ft but 6 ft buried. So imagine perfect condition ie no oil on ground, brand new tires, freshly dried road surface, no dirt debris in brake system pads rotors etc say everything is perfect, you have to stay nearly the equivalent of a distance of nearly 6 telephone poles laid out back to back away from every car you ever see to avoid some one dead stopping which i would bet my next 100 paychecks neither of you ignoramuses do. Also say some one cuts your perfect distance short by swerving directly in front of you and locking ones brakes which would cause you to almost immediately crash in to the back of the vehicle regardless of your actions and or safety equipment. Hopefully you both can comprehend the very simple explanation and that logic and rational thinking must of escaped you both for a short moment. Now if I could just insert one of those informal the more you know logos. Have a nice day. Just remember try not to be so narrow minded next time.

Monday, 15 February 2016, 5:04 pm
  • no one person invented the Scrunchee. It’s a product that can’t even be panted.
    You ever see products that say ” patent pending” that means normally it can’t be patented.

good luck with that rubber band pantent

Monday, 15 February 2016, 4:27 pm
  • my bet is the one next to Motel 6

Monday, 15 February 2016, 4:04 pm
  • Hey MOE you been riding for 38 years maybe that’s why you are not one of the *#%clowns that crashed. There are 2 types of riders ones that have fallen and ones that are waiting to fall. If the distance was kept there should have been no accident and if you can’t see that it’s time to hang up your bi-focals and get a hover round lmao. Yes you were doing a good deed but that doesn’t excuse you from driving like a idiot. Go back up north if you can handle the heat. Lmao

Monday, 15 February 2016, 3:11 pm
  • Hey Punisher and Joshua Thomas, These are my Brothers that you are assuming was tailgating the *** hat that caused this accident. I was the lead rider in this group and was not tailgating anyone. I have been riding for 38 years …trust me I know how to ride. I am pretty sure I have forgotten more miles than you could ever think about riding or wish you could ride. So before you two ass clowns talk s*** about something you don’t have any clue about, I suggest you know the facts so you don’t look like total *** clowns making comments like this when people are hurt trying to do something good for the community and a fellow fallen rider.

Moe
    Band of Brothers M.A.
    President

Monday, 15 February 2016, 12:33 pm
  • The good deed raising money for the family is fantastic. But like another commentor said, a staggered formation and giving plenty of room for whatever happens in front of you could have prevented this. I tell my kids when teaching them to drive, to always expect the other person to do the wrong thing. If they don’t, you’re fine, if they do, you’re prepared. I’d also like to know the reason for the sudden stop, as nothing about it was reported. Hope everyone involved is OK, and keep up the good charitable work, bikers!

Monday, 15 February 2016, 11:57 am
  • That sums it up punisher you are right, doing a good thing but dont tailgate lets be truthful. Smh

Monday, 15 February 2016, 10:53 am
  • Lmao. If sombody slams on the breaks and you can’t stop fast enough your probally to close !!!! If your riding in a group you probally shouldn’t be tailgating and be keeping your distance from other. Dumb a$&

Monday, 15 February 2016, 9:09 am
  • What was the reason for the sudden stop? I get people doing this to me all the time. Its 55mph and they hit the brakes down to 25mph on the highway with no apparent reason other than what I named invisible object syndrome. I called last night and guy was pulled over. No lights and erratic driving.

Monday, 15 February 2016, 7:40 am
  • Thank you all who donated and those that took the ride to help these little kids out and the family taking care of the kids. So sad these babies lost the ones that loved them the most. I hope the two injured men have a speedy recovery and will be back on the road to ride some more. The person that slammed on their breaks should have stopped. As Im sure that person saw in their rear view mirror what ththey had just caused. May you all be blessed and safe on these roads you have to share with so many others that don’t pay attention for those on motorcycles. You all are amazing and helped out a family that I’m sure needed the help as well as are thankful. Their parents are looking down smiling for your kind hearts. Be safe out there.
    Other should ALWAYS look twice when sharing the road and there is a motorcyclist among you driving.

Monday, 15 February 2016, 3:58 am
  • Good to know people who are giving exist out there!! Keep up the good work. I pray good blesses your life in return.

Monday, 15 February 2016, 12:09 am
  • Thank you riders for doing your part in helping this family, what you all did shows compassion. I am happy to hear that none were seriously injured. Pay no mind to the stupid comments made on here. If everyone in this county and every other community do what you do we would be living in a much better world, Thank you again and may you all ride with an angel sitting on your shoulder,

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 9:33 pm
  • Great people doing for their community were involved in a accident due to the carelessness of another person. Sad that leena w would post such a baseless comment. My question to you leena w is what and when is the last thing you did for your community? Bikers donate thousands of dollars and time to support our local community. All we ask is for people on the road with us to pay attention and not to cause us harm. Arrogance and stupidity are not legal defenses. The driver that caused this knew what she did. Best thing is she should come forward and own up to her poor decision.

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 8:20 pm
  • No one left to chase any one. The car made a sudden stop, it caused a chain reaction. If you don’t ride in a group, don’t comment on what you don’t know anything about.The group was riding, to make a 2000 donation to an unfortunate family who lost the mom and dad. The rider has been discharged and the second rider did go and have his hand checked. I was in this group, please keep you silly comments to your self. Every one has a motorcycle license and insurance as well. No one went and chased any one. As night stated, the hernando county deputies were ok with the fallen motorcycle being secured for the rider who was injured. The state trooper, had a different feeling about that , and questioned the act to PROTECT the fallen riders property. When the fallen rider told the trooper it was ok, there were no issues, no tickets, no shoot outs….just a bad day for a group of riders trying to do some good in the community.

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 8:08 pm
  • Alot of these riders around here don’t know how to ride the proper and safe way they ride along side each other they need to ride in a stagger formation

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 8:05 pm
  • It was interesting to see that one of the riders was actually Clifton G. Ardener, an ex boyfriend of both Joan Baez and inventor of the Scrunchee. Hopefully the injured rider will be up and well soon.

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 5:11 pm
  • Prayers to all involved

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 4:58 pm
  • Burglary. Sorry

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 4:51 pm
  • The bike that left actually was chasing down the car that caused the accident because she left the scene

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 2:19 pm
  • Uhhh yea, swallow your pride and get that mangled hand fixed!

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 2:03 pm
  • The rider who left only was moving a bike for one of the hurt rider which sherif was ok with but state flipped out. There was no arrest everyone had a license insurance and registration.

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 1:55 pm
  • Praying everyone will be okay

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 1:44 pm
  • You forgot about the dollar general robbery this morning they cut out the side of the building. Your slipping man

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 1:25 pm
  • Rider that may have left most likely has no bike license smh!

Sunday, 14 February 2016, 1:00 pm