Sex Education Class Prompts Little Girl to Expose Years of Rape

BROOKSVILLE – Officials have released disturbing details into the rape of a little girl that may have begun as early as age 8 and continued up to 4 years.

According to reports, on June 24th the unidentified victim provided information to a Child Protection Team, alleging that 22-year-John Burton Wyatt of 21484 Campbell Drive sexually battered her on several occasions.

The victim says Wyatt would take her into his bedroom, undress her and perform both vaginal and oral sex on her. The victim also says Wyatt would force her to perform oral sex on him.

Officials say a 13-year-old acquaintance witnessed the abuse when she was just 6 or 7 years old, stating that she saw John on top of her and that she was crying and trying to get away.

The victim told investigators the abuse stopped around age 11, after she was taught sex education in school.

Wyatt, who was over the age of 18 at the time of the attacks, is charged with (2) counts of Sexual Battery on a child under that age of 12.

He remains behind bars at the Hernando County Jail, held on $150,000 bond.

Wyatt

Comments
  • You guys don’t even know the story. When your father tells you to get some meth products for him and you refuse then your father will tell your sister to say something like this to get you arrested.

Tuesday, 11 July 2017, 6:49 pm
  • Yep – you need to check your mentality this is sick I know this kid he is a little slow in the head but definitely knows better then this he better hope he stays in there for life cuz otherwise I will make him him feel the way that girl did I promise in that.

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 11:48 pm
  • Mad; You’re 100% correct in everything you said! The sad thing (or funny, depending on whether your sense of humor is twisted like mine) is that these punks, no matter what color their skin may be, can’t even do a crime without getting caught. Basically the only thing they are good at is providing job security to the hard-working people in Law Enforcement. I’m not talking about the baby rapist here. he and others like him should cease to breath as soon as convicted, if not sooner. I’m talking about the half-bad idiots that seem to think this is the wild, wild west. Everybody says don’t stoop to their level, but guess what: THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND PLEASE OR THANK YOU! And these punks are breeding the next generation, they’ll grow up to be the same, or worst. Rant Over! To all you hard-working, decent people out there, Stay Safe, and Stay Alert.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 3:57 pm
  • It’s hard to read Qwe’s post, but I think he is saying because this rapist was white, people are giving him pass.Well Qwe, coming from a white guy, no he is not. Neither are the idiot thugs who have no other skill than being gangsters.
    You are trying make this a race thing (I’m guessing you’re black), and it’s not.
    Rapists, and thugs shooting up the town should be punished swiftly and surely. Law abiding, hard working, tax paying,decent people trying to raise children with values ,morals,and skills, seem to be becoming the new minority.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 11:05 am
  • Everyone is saying where was the Mom. Well, last I knew there are two parents for each child born, where was the Mom and/or Dad is the correct question here. Let’s get this straight. Both Mom AND Dad should be involved in keeping the girl safe!

Monday, 27 July 2015, 8:22 am
  • I have known this family for years….chip off the old name sake. The whole lot of them need to be put away. They’re a Hernando County menace!

Monday, 27 July 2015, 7:16 am
  • Can we talk about the 13 yr old “acquaintance”? They witnessed the abuse years before?? And didn’t think to tell ANYONE?

This wyatt guy needs to go away for a long time, or better yet let’s go with 38 specials way of things.

Sunday, 26 July 2015, 12:32 pm
  • I said the black kids who were arrested this wk for the shootings you read those those comments nd people went in on them “thats what happens when you bring the projects nd thugs to spring hill” stupid shit like that was said so now we have a whiteboy raping a lil girl lets see all the crazy comments but look back at the comments you actually have ppl who sympathize with him his childhood wasnt great his parents prolly taught him this cmon hes a rapist

Sunday, 26 July 2015, 9:02 am
  • Peter, QWE….. doesn’t know. No matter what if it’s rape, then that is what it is. When someone says no then it’s no. But when it’s a child then you should be put six feet under.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 6:50 pm
  • QWE…… What the hell did you say in the beginning??????

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 5:42 pm
  • Has anyone even checked into the mentality of this accused person? Apparently not.There is a whole lot more to this case.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 3:52 pm
  • okay so my grandson was touched by a younger brother of my daughters boyfriend and the state done nothing then. My grandson was 3 and now going to be 7. The other boy has now touched my granddaughter, also 3 yrs. old, sister to grandson, and also had my grandson watch, and the state again doing nothing and also saying the case is closed.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 3:00 pm
  • Smh nothing new catholics popes think that stealing a child’s innocents is what keeps them young at heart. thats why so many kids get taken advantage of . its in yall religion down to fact that most yall men want ur wife to shave down stairs to look like a child and wear school girl outfits im srry but most white males are pedophiles to me. disgusting trash that was left here when the rich whites left after slavery kkk practicing incest to keep there way of life alive.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 1:23 pm
    • WOW, you are REALLY screwed up !!!!!

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 7:04 pm
  • Why not teach young boys that its NOT ok to touch girls, why is it always up to the female? Everyone is responsible to teach our children that this is unacceptable. I hope she gets the needed help, for him, well I like the tree idea

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 12:26 pm
  • @ 38 special. You are exactly right when it was happening to me I remember how it made me feel and thinking I would never want to make another person feel this way. I started therapy as soon as I could take responsibility for myself.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 12:08 pm
  • There is more to abuse than bumps and bruises if the abuse is bad enough it can create new neural pathways ways through the brain as certain synapse litterally die and new synapse through grey areas become active and cause the brain to become disfunctional.If the victim doesn’t acknowledge the need for therapy then they themselves usually become the abuser. Usually it takes an outside person who sees what’s going on to talk the person into getting help. It also takes a certain amount of knowledge to understand that how they were treated as a victim is not the way you treat people. I AM NOT ALLEVIATING HIM OF RESPONSIBILITY at some point you have to take responsibility for your self, but I hope this helps others understand how things like this happen. Over 50% of all abuse victims become the abuser.

My heart goes out to the victim I am so sorry this happened to you. I too went through something similar when i was a child. Please get help there is an amazing therapist in spring hill look up Helen clememte she is one of the most compassionate and knowledgeable therapist I have ever found and I have gone through a large handful of therapist in twenty years. My prayers are with you and your family *hugs*

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 11:59 am
  • Behavior is either taught or neglected, some of you probably won’t even begin to understand what I mean so let me clarify…proper behavior is taught, not everyone has parents/grandparents/caretakers that either explain or exhibit proper behavior probably because they weren’t taught either. So how is someone to know, especially a child?
    Not in defense of the boy but I believe that the girl should have had some sort of idea that this was not proper behavior by either one of them and told someone, as well as the boy who several claim that his upbringing was questionable. For all we know, and we probably will never; someone could have been told and thought it was an isolated incident and brushed it under the rug.
    And then there is always that chance he too was somehow sexually abused which most times would lead him down the same path of behavior. I AM NOT JUSTIFYING HIS ACTIONS so relax all and don’t take my head off at once.
    Case and point, a friend of mine has a son who was sexually abused at a younger age. It stopped however it is still in his mind, so now her boyfriend’s child is staying over and guess what? The child that had a history of being touched inappropriately now exhibits the same behavior with his new friend. At 4 and 7 years old this happens…THEN, the 4yr old goes to daycare and decides to touch another boy because no one has told a 4yr old that this was not proper; at what age do you tell children that it’s not okay? When do you expose them to wondering if everyone and anyone wants to touch them inappropriately without it becoming a stigma in the child’s. Keep this in mind, if behavior goes unchecked or ignored; how is a child supposed to know better? This is where I believe upbringing and parental responsibility comes into play.
    With regards to bond for this kid or the guy who exposed himself, you’ll have to take that into consideration when the ballot has the judges names on it which is the only way to deal with it. Oh, one more thing. Vigilante justice doesn’t work, it just puts you at the bottom of the thinking food chain.

Go ahead…I put it out there, rip me a new ass.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 11:36 am
  • Sad but true. They say even castrated sex offenders will reoffend. Throw away the key! As for, are they siblings? I really don’t think anyone should be trying to find out who the victim is. She’s been through enough I’m sure.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 11:08 am
  • I don’t care how bad someone’s childhood is. There is never a reason for an adult to touch a child. This bastard deserves to get what he has coming to him in prison. Tim Martin

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 10:56 am
  • He’ll be convicted….knowing hernando county prosecutor office they’ll work out some deal….THIS county sucks…efn hillbillies…

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 10:18 am
  • Before the Bleeding Heart Liberals start commenting about how he needs help, placed in a program, counseling, etc., Why don’t you petition the court to let you take him home with you. Surely you would trust him or others like him to live among your family. You could even use him as a live-in babysitter. I’m not trying to be funny here, I’ve read the files and charges of too many repeat offenders over the years, and that’s what I based my previous comment concerning reform or rehab on.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 10:15 am
    • Liberal here. I think all convicted child molesters, rapists, murderers, and violent criminals should get life sentences. No parole unless new evidence comes to light that could prove innocence. We can let out non-violent criminals to make room for them and have a safer country.

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 12:59 am
  • I agree with @38special.
    Parents, you have to teach your kids from a young age that people are not allowed to touch you. Don’t wait for them to learn it in health class.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 9:30 am
  • Agreed, and if you’re a good shot, it only takes one bullet. No need to waste more than that on him !!! My dad was a sheriff in Mass for years then went on to work for the ATF, he taught me how to shoot to kill when I was about 7 years old because I was the oldest child and if he was away on assignment, he wanted someone able to protect the house. Along with the dogs we raised and trained. Although we lived in a very nice Cape Cod town, everyone knows that sheriffs and ATF agents have enemies.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 9:26 am
  • I worked 25 years as a Corrections Officer in the state prison system here in Florida and I’ve dealt with people convicted of everything from killing a deer out of season to serial killers. With that said, my firm belief is that there is NO REFORMING A BABY RAPER! And they should be dealt with one way, and one way only. How bad someone’s childhood was is not an excuse. Seems like he and others like him would want to do and be better that what they might have went through growing up. If not, then they made the choice to do what they did, and should be dealt with, swiftly and severely! In other words: BOOM! BOOM! OUT GO THE LIGHTS!

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 7:38 am
  • There needs to be a life sentence with no parole for this unspeakable act. This kids family is full of felons right down to the father who did a couple yr stint in prison. If the wyatts end up in your neighborhood , lock up your kids and your belongings!

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 2:47 am
  • This story sounds like the boy & girl may possibly be siblings!?

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 2:10 am
  • Throw him in a fire.

Saturday, 25 July 2015, 1:52 am
  • Mimi thats a choice to RAPE a child at the end of the day even if he was he raped should we show some sympathy does it make it okay if that little girl rapes someone in the future is it okay because of what she went through

Friday, 24 July 2015, 11:36 pm
  • So I have a Question. Is this girl his sister? Because why would someone leave this 18 year old alone with a 8 year old GIRL!!!? Where was the mom? Something sounds fishy.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:34 pm
  • Look this kids life was never stable he was beat down constantly I know it’s a harsh story he never struck me as that type no one ever stepped in to help this kid I’ve known him his whole life I don’t really believe all this but if it’s true it’s heartbreaking

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:28 pm
  • I don’t know Dick, check the Old testament in the Christian scripture called the Bible. The rabbi’s were doing the same thing.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:09 pm
  • And really? Bond?

Friday, 24 July 2015, 8:59 pm
  • I’m with scootrpy on this…we have all had trauma! No excuse…poor little girl.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 8:58 pm
  • @Qwe: Yes, it’s pretty much established that abuse begets abuse, whether physical, emotional or sexual. If the perp was sexually abused by a family member, it’s not a surprise that he would become a sexual abuser in adulthood.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 8:06 pm
  • Is he a Muslim?

It has been explained to me that according to Qu’ran, the Muslim Scripture,
    The PROPHET displayed this behavior and so it is to be considered normal.

Oh Yes, her (9yo) name was ********…

Friday, 24 July 2015, 7:00 pm
  • So this kid gets a 150000 bond and a a 70 something old who expose himself gets 5000 bond.. they should both be held with no bond.. there is definitely something wrong with our system

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:42 pm
  • Woww y’all are pretty much saying it’s his parents fault he raped a child cmon now

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:14 pm
  • I don’t give a rats a** how screwed up his childhood was !!!! I’ve stated the same on other posts when people use that lame excuse !! NORMAL people know right from wrong, and molesting a chils is WRONG. :: sigh :: If I was this little girls mom, that guy wouldn’t have a chance to let the sheriffs get him, I’d get to him first !!!!! I feel bad that children are made to feel that it’s “ok” when a molester gets to them because they don’t know any better. Maybe sex ed shoulde be taught younger……….or at least parents make their kids aware that touching by anyone in their “private” places is wrong and they should scream and tell the first adult they see. So sad for that little girl. My heart breaks for her………..him?? I have a tree out back that I can dangle him from and let him be gator food !!!!!

Friday, 24 July 2015, 5:29 pm
    • I’d like to know where the little girls Mom was while this was going on???

Friday, 24 July 2015, 6:27 pm
      • That’s a good question !!!!!

Friday, 24 July 2015, 8:35 pm
  • Our son was a friend of his a few years ago. He did not have a good upbringing at all

Friday, 24 July 2015, 5:24 pm
  • Don’t waste our tax dollars

Friday, 24 July 2015, 5:07 pm
  • No excuse but this guy used to be my neighbor and he was probably taught these things from his family. His childhood was screwed up. And DCF knows him and his family very well. Sad story.Hopefully the girl and him get help.

Friday, 24 July 2015, 4:56 pm
  • So you guys went in on the shooting this week so the whiteboy who rapes a little girl who cant defend herself is bout to get finished with the comments now or is it okay now

Friday, 24 July 2015, 4:35 pm
    • ???? ENGLISH PLEASE!

Friday, 24 July 2015, 5:48 pm
    • YEA, ENGLISH?

Friday, 24 July 2015, 10:26 pm
  • Why do child molesters get bonds?

Friday, 24 July 2015, 4:26 pm