“Shooting” Investigation Underway Inside Local Apartment Complex – Officials Aren’t Commenting

UPDATE: 1:09 P.M. – Officials just released the following statement:

On 01-08-18 at approximately 3:30 a.m., Hernando County deputies responded to 10657 Ridgeline Lane in Spring Hill (Mariner’s Cay Apartments) regarding a Shooting.

Upon arrival, deputies located a male, suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg.
Preliminary investigation reveals that the Shooting is domestic in nature.  All parties are accounted for and cooperating with detectives.  There is no danger to the community.
The individual who was shot was transported to a local trauma center for treatment.  His wounds are not life-threatening.
The case is still active.
When additional information is available, an update will be provided.

SPRING HILL – Around 3:30 a.m. this morning, sources reported to RNRF that a shooting occurred inside a residence at Mariner Cay Apartments, located at 10657 Ridgeline Lane.

RNRF responded to the scene and attempted to contact Sheriff’s Office PIO, Denise Moloney for comment.

Moloney provided the following response:

Good morning, Mr. Lemons:

Weapons Disturbance, 10657 Ridgeline Lane Spring Hill, 01-08-2018 – 03:26.

At this time, we have no details about the suspect, the victim, or their condition, other than the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office public CAD system entry that states a shooting occurred in District 2, Zone 2.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • Becoming a city is up to the people who live in the city. It must first incorporate. The voters of the county have the power of the ballot. Spring Hill residents need to attend county meetings and express their wants. It’s all about revenue

Friday, 19 January 2018, 9:48 am
  • Spring Hill getting ghetto

Monday, 8 January 2018, 7:59 pm
  • I live at Mariner’s Cay for 3 years now. I did not hear anything. I only heard about this from a friend.
    I like living here with the exception of Moonbeam cable.
    I mind my own business and keep to myself. It’s the ONLY way to leave peaceful in a complex.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 7:57 pm
  • I am sure this “news outlet” will not provide any meaningful updates on this story like it has failed to do on so many other stories in the past and he will move on to the next cat stuck in a tree story or the like………..

Monday, 8 January 2018, 7:55 pm
  • its prolly another black lives matter activist with dread locks firing his gun again, his welfare check didnt come today and he upset dont be alarmed it will arrive shortly

Monday, 8 January 2018, 7:03 pm
  • (NOT SURE IF ITS THE SAME PEOPLE INVOLED) But I saw this and heard this I live in Mariner Cay. At 3 am I began to hear a Man shouting like someone died next to my window near the main road not on property. I wanted to go see out my window but got a feeling someone was going to get shot for no reason like this guy was on drugs etc. Finaly I heard another Man way across the retention pond in my apartments near the front entrance so I decided to peek without being seen because my intuition was telling me gin and shooting like a spree. The guys yelled over to the crazy man yelling like someone died can I help you he screamed my dog my dog my dog got loose help me. The other Man said come over here and the crazy guy that was screaming said I can’t I’d be trespassing then he heard the guy trying to help him a dog barking and started running towards him saying is that my dog is that my dog… that’s all I know because I went back to bed and still had that eerie feeling. My psychic intuition knew it… I’m glad I listened..to close to home😳

Monday, 8 January 2018, 4:34 pm
  • I live in building next door. Not surprised this happend. Too much trash moving in lately.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 2:41 pm
  • I’m not sure if they still live there are not but a family with the last name of Correa was at that address.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 1:13 pm
  • So, your a reporter? Sounds like your nosey guy with a website.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 1:12 pm
      • (y)

Monday, 8 January 2018, 1:57 pm
      • GOOD ANSWER TOM, 😃 Got to love the haters. Thx 4 all u do!!

Monday, 8 January 2018, 2:12 pm
          • Tom he had no idea what you were talking about

Monday, 8 January 2018, 3:33 pm
    • I would agree.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 7:53 pm
    • He is all of the above.. lol @ your/you’re

Monday, 8 January 2018, 10:31 pm
  • I’m disappointed that the hcso is acting this way, proving that once again you’re right TL SMDH

Monday, 8 January 2018, 1:07 pm
  • That’s not what we locals call “local.” Brooksville never wanted or claimed Spring Hill as part of our community. They need to put a huge wall round it and let them do as they like. We could then rename it “Hell”!

Monday, 8 January 2018, 12:56 pm
    • then why won’t brooksville let spring hill become a city…oh yea…the taxes provide brooksville residents the moeny they can’t afford to pay for their services…go screw yourself asswipe…not all spring hill people are bad….like not all brooksville people are rednecks and stupid like you asswipe

Monday, 8 January 2018, 2:17 pm
    • you can always put a for sale sign up…no one stopping you from moving to the swamp or another north 40 with your fav sheep or cow

Monday, 8 January 2018, 2:20 pm
    • so i guess idiot…we should barb wire the border between brooksville and spring hill, if hou can find the DMZ, folloing your thikning of course…since the sheriff went barricading themslef today….just saying…following your line of thinkink..see…it can happen anywhere idiot…so unimformed smackars you are….now since your hormones are raging why don’t you just take elsie the cow…or bill the goat…or woolyy the sheep to your back 40 and worked off your raging hormones….sorry…you brought up the sterotyping….

Tuesday, 9 January 2018, 2:06 pm
  • Maybe the PIO didn’t have the information at that moment and rather than provide you with inaccurate info, they provided you the only facts at that minute. Im sure a shooting scene can be quite hectic for deputies and medics on scene and those who need to provide the PIO the information to share may have been busy. So rather than ignore your request it was answered as best it could be at that time.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 12:44 pm
  • Sounds like they are trying to keep you and us out of the loop. Not playing nice HCSO.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 12:14 pm
    • yes they are and so is the apartment complex if you live there as I do.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 1:11 pm
  • looks like they did comment. what’s the thr issue?

Monday, 8 January 2018, 11:43 am
      • so they gave details just not fast enough for you. got it.

Monday, 8 January 2018, 6:49 pm
          • nope dont work there ,not everyone does that disagees with you. I actually enjoy your site but this one I think you’re acting petty about.just don’t know why youre getting defensive and acting chidish. you can question others but they cannot question you?

Monday, 8 January 2018, 8:15 pm
            • Rs, you are being petty and rude to the only real news outlet (Real being the truth) that this community has. Thank you Tom Lemons !

Tuesday, 9 January 2018, 10:18 am