Shooting Victim Walks into Court, Despite Doctor’s Prognosis

BROOKSVILLE – 27-year-old Michael Allen Lynch, the man charged with shooting his girlfriend in the back at her home on December Lane last December,  made his second appearance in front of Judge Daniel Merritt Jr. during a Pretrial Hearing, early this morning. (ORIGINAL REPORT)

Lynch faces charges of Discharging a Weapon inside a Dwelling and Aggravated Battery with a Firearm (Domestic), after shooting his girlfriend in the back with a .45 cal. Handgun. Lynch allegedly fired shots from an AK-47 after deputies arrived on the scene, but he was taken into custody without incident.

Accompanied by family and friends, the victim, 31-year-old Jamie Justice sat in the front of the courtroom and watched as Lynch stood before Judge Merritt Jr. alongside Defense Attorney Robert Morris.

We met with Jamie outside the courtroom and asked how she felt seeing Lynch for the first time since the night of the shooting. Justice said “I feel full of hate… I just hate what he did to me.” When asked what she thought a fair punishment would be for Lynch, she said “I want him to get what he deserves and I think that would be life in prison.”

Jamie underwent nine surgeries, during the 29 days she spent inside Bayonet Point Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit. Despite doctor’s claims that she would never walk again, Jamie has made an incredible recovery and is walking completely unassisted for short distances.

Jamie returned to her residence on December Lane recently, where she hopes to once again, make it a home.

Lynch remains behind bars held without bond.

Justice 3

jsutice 3 Justice 1 justice 2 Justice 4 Justice 5

Comments
  • Wow this is a bunch of misleading information. Please tell me how they found no evidence of him shooting her. That means no motive and no power residue of a firearm on his hands?

Tuesday, 20 September 2016, 7:02 pm
  • Your doing a fantastic job sweetheart. Keep up the good work. I hope he gets life in prison as well.

Monday, 16 March 2015, 4:06 am
  • I’m solo hurt by this can’t type better watch him Hernando county already had two hangings what you think he gonna do and if he does get life thanks for the bills herenando county we paying for it finish him shoot him in the back but wait justice right

Sunday, 15 March 2015, 10:50 am
  • I thought that was attempt murder not freakn discharge really if was black he would be gone alteady

Sunday, 15 March 2015, 10:46 am
  • I have got to say Jamie you are a real trooper, keep fighting the good fight and pulling your life back together and dont let that piece of trash steal another minute of your peace. Keep rockin on.

Sunday, 15 March 2015, 1:52 am
  • Jamie, your story of miraculous healing touched me so. Please release your anger and hatred toward him to God. It will only heal you to live a better fuller life in peace. Don’t carry his offense on your soul, your too beautiful to be burdened with bitterness. Praying for your complete healing.

Saturday, 14 March 2015, 5:11 pm
  • JAMIE – UR THE “BOMB” GIRLFRIEND. DON’T LET THAT ASSHOLE TAKE ANOTHER SECOND OF YOUR LIFE. HE DID ENOUGH ALREADY – GET’EM …..<3

Saturday, 14 March 2015, 7:34 am
  • So glad to see June’s sister doing well! Hope he gets life!!

Friday, 13 March 2015, 8:09 pm
  • God Bless You Jamie ! Praying for your continued improvement and that he gets what HE deserves.. never to know freedom again !

Friday, 13 March 2015, 6:53 pm
  • I love you so much Jamie ! You’re the reason our family is still so strong ! You’re a true blessing ! I’m so proud and honored to call you my beautiful cousin !
    I hope that scumbag rots in jail for the rest of his life !!

Friday, 13 March 2015, 6:05 pm
  • Everyone is proud of your will power and pulling through this despite all of the odds against you. The only thing I don’t understand is how is not getting charged with attempted murder?

Friday, 13 March 2015, 3:52 pm
  • Wow, good for her. He should get whatever the maximum is in this case.

Friday, 13 March 2015, 3:03 pm
  • Good for you Jaimie, I could not stop reading this story, I am glad you are walking and if that is a smirk on that scumbags face I hope when the sentence is read it wipes it right off his face GOOD LUCK

Friday, 13 March 2015, 2:58 pm