Show and Tell After Investigation Shuts Down Drug Trafficking Operation

Officials: “We Want to Make Sure These Drug Trafficker Spend Adult Life in Prison”

SPRING HILL – Yesterday, RNRF broke the news of a large drug bust that took place at 2117 Deborah Drive. ORIGINAL REPORT: VICE & NARCOTICS RAID YIELDS 3-ARRESTS, DRUGS, GUNS AND OTHER PECULIAR ITEMS.

Sheriff Al Nienhuis met with reporters today and provided a detailed report of the number of guns, drugs, cash and other items that were confiscated at the residence.

According to Lt. Cameron, the Vice and Narcotics Unit began investigating the residence 10 month ago, after neighbors complained of drug use and trafficking around the home.

Lt. Cameron say residents sometimes become frustrated with law enforcement because it takes so long to make an arrest. He explains “The bad guys don’t have to play by the rules, so we want to make the best case possible to ensure that these drug traffickers spend the majority of their adult life in prison.”

A total of three arrests were made at the residence; 46 – year-old James Harold Early, 24-year-old Lauren Nicole Roessner, and 48-year-old Cay Adam Rivera.

Early faces the following charges:

Possession of Cocaine

Felon in Possession of a Firearm

Possession of Methadone, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone

Possession of Paraphernalia

Bond is set at $14,000.

Roessner faces the following charges:

Armed Trafficking in Cocaine, Hydromorphone, and Oxycodone

Possession of Marijuana over 20 Grams

Possession of Methadone and Suboxone

Possession of Paraphernalia

Bond is set at $87,000 (not including arrest warrants)

Rivera faces the following charges:

Felon in Possession of a Firearm

Felon in Possession of Ammunition

Possession of a Short-Barrel Shotgun

Armed Trafficking in Cocaine, Hydromorphone, and Oxycodone

Possession of Marijuana over 20 Grams

Possession of Methadone and Suboxone

Possession of Paraphernalia

Bond was set at $107,000 but was raised by a judge to $200,000 during first appearance. (not including arrest warrants)

A search of the residence revealed 9 firearms, various ammunition, 51.3 grams of cocaine, 24.98 grams of marijuana, 158 Hyrdomorphone pills, 127 Oxycodone pills, 37 Suboxone pills, 24 Methadone pills, over $14,000 in U.S. currency, and numerous items of drug paraphernalia.

15 American Bull Dogs were also impounded but it is unknown if they will be adopted out or returned to the home owner at a later date. The owner of the home is an elderly man with several illnesses according to officials.

Nienhuis says “It was 10 months of hard work by the men standing behind me. They get a lot of pressure from the community and the Sheriff because we won’t stand for this in Hernando County and they don’t let me down.”

Busted

Drugs 1 Drugs 2 drugs 3 drugs 4

Deborah 9 Deborah 8 Deborah 6 Deborah 4 deborah 3

Comments
  • Hey HCSO when are you going to bust that house on 7**1 Apache trail?…You know where ten shots were fired at…PLUS THE NUMEROUS CALLS ABOUT DRUG DEALING GOING ON THERE….

Monday, 15 June 2015, 5:17 pm
  • My family lives one street over and have called several times in the last year – wondering when something was going to happen. We were happy to hear whenever we called that the house was under investigation. We are SO HAPPY something was finally done! I hope the house gets foreclosed or condemned or something! It’s disgusting how these people think they can live in a neighborhood and not get caught.

Now if only the drug deals that go on via dirt bikers on the power line access roads would cease – that would be really great. Every Thursday – Friday from 4-6pm are dirt bikers with backpacks driving back and forth between Lema and Finland on the power line access road. We call ALL THE TIME and they drive so fast the cops can’t get to them in time. Mainly a yellow dirt bike with a guy clad from head to toe in read with a backpack. It is every. single. week. Same time. We’ve seen him stop and talk to his other dirt bike buddy and exchange plastic baggies. We wait for police – but they always leave right before police show up. They drive south over spring hill drive then come back and even stop behind a house on Finland. I am sure there will be a lot of activity before 4th of July weekend too. We’ve called for 5 years about these dirt bikers but NOTHING. It keeps happening. Easy way to transport drugs when you’re on a dirt bike on a sandy power line access road.

Monday, 15 June 2015, 9:19 am
  • The old vice squad was way better…they did a drug raid every week. They didn’t put in the proper time for legimate search warrants plus they were stealing money from evidence. Lt. Garcia had a massive group of informants working for vice. That team knew every single drug dealer. But, with drug raids every week with the old squad, it still did not put a dent in the drug activity in that county. The new vice squad does a drug raid every month if they are lucky. But hey a bust is a bust! Good job guys!

Monday, 15 June 2015, 12:34 am
  • Sickandtired – While I understand your frustration, these things take time
    and EVIDENCE!!
    If you will read my comment under another article that RNRF posted this
    morning, you will find steps you can take in order for Law Enforcement
    to do their jobs efficiently, but don’t blame the Sheriff & HCSO!
    YOU also have an obligation to help LE clean up what was once a
    wonderful county to live in!
    I personally want our beautiful county back and in my opinion our
    Sheriff has been doing a GOOD job of cleaning it up since he took
    office. YOU need to go to http://www.hernandosheriff.org & look under arrests,
    where you will find every arrest made every single day, INCLUDING
    names, addresses, ages, booking time AND charges!!

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 8:23 pm
  • I’ve been complaint for 6 years about the neighbors dealing drugs in broad daylight to crime stoppers and they are still doing it, HCSO sucks if you ask me, I told them to just sit and watch for 1 day and see what’s going on.never have any cops on our street. This county is a big joke and going downhill fast. Spring Hill used to be a nice place.we need a new sheriff in town.

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 3:00 pm
  • TOM LEMONS – Are you ready to do another story, an update on one that you did a month ago??? Our fine upstanding Hernando County MILLIONAIRE is at it again!!
    But no worries, he should still have money left for more bond outs..
    I can’t wait for you to interview his fine upstanding momma again!

Oops, my mistake, you did 2 stories on him, one in late March and another one just last month, if my memory serves me correctly… LOL

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 4:23 am
      • TOM LEMON – You have no idea how happy I was to see your article
        about him posted again this morning, but sadly 🙁 I didn’t have time to
        post a comment this morning!
        But I sure had a LOT to say under the article this evening!!
        I apologize to you for taking up so much space with my comment,
        but I was on a roll and just couldn’t stop myself!! LOL

I am excited to see your NEW video on that “AFFLUENT THUG”!!

PS – You are quite welcome for the tip. 🙂

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 8:08 pm
  • @TSmith…Yes they were, it’s posted on the Sheriffs website:
    Early is the only one of the three that was not charged with it..
    The other two were both charged with it. 🙂
    And BTW, all charges are not listed in the above article, the last time I read it.
    You can also check the Clerks site.

Click on EACH link below:

Statute 893.13.1c1
    Statute Description:
    COCAINE-SELL, WI 1000 FT OF SPECIFIED AREA SCHED II

Friday, 12 June 2015, 11:39 pm
    • Nunya…That’s good to know. 🙂 Yes, I know about CI’s, as I worked in corrections for many years, but they are not always available, nor reliable…I’m talking about money paid out to anyone that makes a confidential phone call, or text, that ID’s the scum bags…believe me the phone lines would be burning up. 🙂 I love it how now their wanna be illiterate thug friends that were so quick to defend them suddenly became silent…guess they got worried when they saw the post that alerted these morons that HCSO monitors this site, and that their IP address is easily identifiable…what idiots! Lol!!!

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 2:07 am
      • TSmith – Thank you for that info about CI’s. I think you might appreciate
        my long write up/comment under the latest arrest of our fine upstanding
        HC millionaire, PEGUERO, that TOM LEMONS did ANOTHER article
        on this morning! 🙂

Oh yes, you would be referring to batman & what’s her name. lol
        I take it that you liked my comment to those two MORONS
        about that, eh?? 🙂

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 7:59 pm
  • I think its called crime stoppers who’s pay. the bill boards say crime doesn’t pay but crime stoppers does.

Friday, 12 June 2015, 10:15 pm
    • @notta ….Counties pay informers, as well as crime stoppers..
      I think it all depends on what a CI has to offer up in order to
      help LE make a BIG BUST!

Saturday, 13 June 2015, 4:31 am
  • Nunya…in the above list of their actual charges (to date) none indicate a charge specifically for drug trafficking within a school zone. Yes, it was mentioned in the first article as part of their arrest, however I do not see that they were actually charged with this offense…I do hope it gets added. You are correct in that their dirt bag customers will only find new connections. HCSO needs a fund that would pay anyone who turns in a drug dealer, or drug activity…they’d all be snitching on one another just to get more drug money! 🙂

Friday, 12 June 2015, 8:43 pm
    • “HCSO needs a fund that would pay anyone who turns in a drug dealer, or drug activity…they’d all be snitching on one another just to get more drug money!”

Those are called CI’s, Confidential Informers, better know to criminals as SNITCHES! 🙂
      LOL

Friday, 12 June 2015, 11:43 pm
  • @Tubbs…I also agree with you, but, the people who were buying their
    drugs from these dirt bags will just go out to find new CONNECTIONS! 🙁

Friday, 12 June 2015, 5:09 pm
    • oh julie you do more drugs than anyone

Friday, 19 June 2015, 7:54 pm
  • @Peter B…Well said and I agree with every word, But, what do you mean “Batman is DEAD!!!, I’m just curious??

@TSmith, They were also charged with dealing drugs within 1,000 ft of school..
    And I also HOPE THEIR DRUG CONNECTIONS ARE BUSTED, as well. 🙂

Friday, 12 June 2015, 5:04 pm
  • Good job Nienhuis.
    You have no idea how may lives you just saved from the relentless torment of drugs and drug abuse.
    You probably kept dozens out of prison and saved some life’s as well because of this bust.

These suspects customers now really do have a chance for a better, successful life thanks to the excellent detective work you provided.

Keep this up AL, your making headway. Any little bit helps John Q Public.

Friday, 12 June 2015, 4:47 pm
  • Great job by HCSO!!! No mention in the charges about their drug trafficking being within a school zone? I hope you bust all of their drug connections! This is a good start at cleaning up this town.

Friday, 12 June 2015, 3:57 pm
  • Well, Well, Well, Finally getting the smelly trash out. HCSO GREAT JOB!!! For those scum bags who are supporting the scum bags who got arrested, beware, if you are their friends you all may be next. If these dumb asses were not doing anything wrong, why did they have such an elaborate surveilance system so many firearms and so many dogs. To protect their illegal interest, thats why. If they were so innocent, why did they have so many firearms? If they were innocent, why did they have so many illegal drugs? HCSO, you guys did great, and I hope to see more disgusting smelly trash being taken to the dumps. Enough is enough with these lazy morons who do not want to get a legitimate job and earn a respectful living like hundreds of others who truly work for a living and struggle. Posession of firearms legal or not legal is for one thing only, to defend yourself, your family and your premises. So what were they defending????? Tom Lemons, you have done an excellent job covering this story. I hope to see more like this. Oh and BTW, Batman is DEAD!!!

Friday, 12 June 2015, 11:03 am
  • TOM LEMONS ,

Holy Crap!! How many guns in total???
    And how much Cash in total was that???

To HCSO,

First I want to say, I am so glad you are all safe!!
    ((((Big Hugs)))) to you all & great job, well done!! 🙂

Thank you Soooo much for getting those guns,
    Drugs and Scum Bags off our streets!!!

I hope they NEVER see the light of day EVER again!!

Friday, 12 June 2015, 12:14 am