Single Vehicle Rollover Crash Injures One, Commercial Way and St. Andrews

BROOKSVILLE – One person sustained traumatic injuries this evening, after a single vehicle rollover crash at the intersection of Commercial Way and St. Andrews Blvd.

According to our sources, a 27-year-old man was airlifted to Bayonet Point Hospital, after his vehicle veered off the roadway and crashed into a utility pole.

Fire Responders were concerned when they noticing a child seat in the vehicle, but it was soon determined that the male driver was the only victim.

The driver’s condition is unknown at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

hoppe

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • The turn lane I think you’re referring to, is for The Heather, which is at least 1/3 of a mile ahead of the accident. I saw the skid marks, it DID look more like someone crossed the median. Glad he’s antsy, means he’s back to some normality!?

Thursday, 9 June 2016, 1:45 pm
  • The pickup truck was already in the turn lane before the crash. I never saw a jeep but I was a few vehicles in front.

Wednesday, 1 June 2016, 1:48 pm
  • Broken back and neck thankfully Aaron wasn’t paralyzed. But he has a long road to recovery ahead of him.

Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 12:08 pm
  • Another day…..another roll over…guess he thought the car were dice…smh.

Monday, 23 May 2016, 6:04 pm
  • FoodforThought thanks for stopping to help. I was the female medic that stopped. I was equally frantic looking for possible children that got ejected. Work follows us home sometimes. I’m glad he is gonna be ok.
    The air transport upgrade was due to the long extrication time. They had the bird already en route while cutting him out. (To the know it all person)

Monday, 23 May 2016, 5:39 pm
    • Yeah I liked your thin blue line patch. Im more than happy to help as it is whats really important in life. I did look around to see if a child was ejected after only seeing childs shoes when I pulled on the car seat. Maybe one of his friends will update me on his recovery.

Monday, 23 May 2016, 6:42 pm
      • FoodforThought, Thank you so much for stopping and making sure that Aaron was okay, and of course checking to make sure my kids weren’t in the car. This means a great deal to me. He is home and I’m doing my best to make sure that he’s well taken care of. He’s currently very antsy, as he wants to be able to go to work, but with 4 broken vertebrae in his mid-back and two broken vertebrae in his neck he’s just not allowed to do anything.

Do you have any information on the other vehicle that you say may have been involved? We need to know, because he says that he swerved to avoid something that was in his lane, said it was big and black, but he did suffer a concussion, so his memory is foggy.

SoOthersMayLive, Thank you as well. I am so glad that this community has people that genuinely care for others. He is doing much better. I am so glad he was able to come home to our family.

Friday, 27 May 2016, 10:19 am
        • I was coming up on it as it happened. It was basically a hit and run. The vehicle appeared to be a newer model jeep black in color with damage to it. It looked like it came across the median and struck the smaller silver car forcing it off the road. I feel so bad I couldnt get the plate information.

Monday, 30 May 2016, 8:20 am
          • I saw the crash from about two hundred yards back. the vehicle that I saw turn around and head south on 19 was a late 90′ early2000? dark green f 150. i thought he had something to do with it. but I was a good ways back.
            alby

Tuesday, 31 May 2016, 1:44 pm
  • Wildcat64, So when one of those people that are doing the things that you state, hit you? where do you want them to take you?

Monday, 23 May 2016, 2:10 pm
  • That’s good wildcat just sit there and bleed for the 20 minutes it takes to get the helicopter and the danger and safety issues there is to land a helicopter. Do the math u could be at the trauma center way before the copter get there. And FYI we all pay if the person has no insurance. Duh

Monday, 23 May 2016, 12:11 pm
    • they had to carefully remove him and he was trapped. It was all around the best choice on so many levels.

Monday, 23 May 2016, 6:35 pm
  • The accidents are due to speed and careless driving.
    Very few follow the speed limit
    Switching lanes in the middle of an intersection
    Running red lights
    Intimidation by tailgating
    Switching lanes and cutting someone off
    Lack of common sense.
    and lets not forget texting while driving

If there was another car involved maybe the driver of the wrecked car can give a description

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 12:44 pm
  • Another airlift when the trauma hospital is right down the road. The firefighters must get a kickback for calling them.

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 10:51 am
    • Bayonet Point Hospital the trauma hospital is 20 miles from the accident scene. If it was you or one of your family members you would want airlifted if in a critical medical condition. Oak Hill Hospital is not a trauma unit and is not staffed for trauma patients. Try driving an ambulance down 19 at that time a day not an easy thing to do. Its not you who is paying this man’s bill so don’t worry about it.

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 11:40 pm
  • @Foodforthought, I don’t know the person involved but want to thank you for stopping and helping. I was in a bad roll-over crash 18 years ago and still clearly remember the couple who was first on scene and their voice/words letting me know help was on the way.

Sunday, 22 May 2016, 9:43 am
  • i see an arm! good job foodforthought for your help on scene and description of the accident

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 10:32 pm
  • Was right there as it happened. I went in immediately. A female paramedic and the off duty deputy were there seconds later. Im the one that pulled the red car seat out you see in the picture bc I seen it smashed in and a pair of red kids shoes sticking out. Thought maybe a child was trapped. The utility pole was snapped in half and dangling off ground. There was another vehicle that was directly involved but it took off across the highway across the median and headed south on us19. Tried to get a plate but it was too far away. Ran back down, all I could see was the tattoo on the guys left leg and his bloody arm and kept telling him help is on the way remain calm.

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 8:50 pm
    • Foodforthought- Do you happen to know what the other car was headed south on 19, he is a very good friend of ours and we are trying to figure all this out and get updated on his injuries

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 10:20 pm
      • Debbie, who are you? I don’t know you, nor have I ever heard of you.

Friday, 27 May 2016, 9:53 am
        • I am Terry’s wife

Friday, 27 May 2016, 11:04 pm
  • Damm pole remove the pole WREC

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 8:18 pm
  • Why sooo many rollover accidents in Spring Hill?

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 7:19 pm
  • Hope he’s ok but gotta say there’s at least 3 or more accidents a day anymore. Praying for him.

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 6:43 pm
  • There are power outages in the area.

Saturday, 21 May 2016, 6:30 pm