Spring Hill Man Dies in Collision with Semi-Tractor-Trailor

BROOKSVILLE – The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating an early morning crash that claimed the life of a Spring Hill Man.

According to officials, a semi-tractor-trailer driven by 58-year-old Carlos Herve Aguilar was exiting a driveway onto Corporate Blvd., when he pulled into the path a Ford Escape, driven by 66-year-old Sibby Devito. As a result, Devito collided with the side of the trailer, causing heavy damage to his vehicle.

Devito suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. Her passenger, 46-year-old Dawn Marie Harris suffered serious Injuries and was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment.

Comments
  • A person, baby Tom made a mistake, have you ever made a mistake??? Lord knows I have just saying

Sunday, 25 March 2018, 3:17 pm
  • Joseph Charles DeVito, he’s worse than a douchebag I only wish you had the chance to meet him so you could pound his f****** face in or perhaps beat some class and Humanity into his hallo freakin brain!! Something tells me though in my intuition that you have much more integrity class and morals than that especially with a father that seems as special as yours was!

Sunday, 25 March 2018, 3:13 pm
  • Joseph Charles DeVito, I did not know your father I’m just an average Joe regular visitor to this site I want to offer you my deepest condolences it is very clear reading many comments on here he was a super special man that touched people’s lives which is the most special kind of person you can be, I pray you will have strength peace perspective and understanding that only God can give any circumstances now to my next point…… Rick freaking James you are a very serious a****** in the truest definition of the word you are a very very serious dick head! And Tubbs come on man! Whether this man has had accidents before or not he is a human being you really got to go there with the Mexican donkey freaking comment come on in really really give me a freaking break! By the way what the f*** kind of name is Rick James huh? how about that actually how about you share with us what your real name is huh f*** nut?

Sunday, 25 March 2018, 3:08 pm
    • thank you. Just to be clear I wasn’t upset with Tom’s mistake. But the other 2 people’s stupid comments. I don’t care that the other driver was Mexican, it makes no difference. That other idiot, just no class or respect for a family that is already down.

Monday, 26 March 2018, 8:29 am
  • I’m so sorry to hear about this..I worked with both of them going back a few years..Very sweet kind people. God bless the family and praying for Dawn to recover quickly. Prayers to all the family and I see Sibbys son is getting married, I’m sorry for your lost and such sad news so close to such a wonderful moment. God bless!

Friday, 23 March 2018, 3:56 pm

Monday, 26 March 2018, 4:29 pm
  • He was a very friendly and kind Man from what I got to know the last several months in the mornings stopping to get my coffee! He also dined at a restaurant I worked at!! Sad News I’m saddened to hear.. Prayers for his family and friends!

Friday, 23 March 2018, 11:23 am
  • My Prayers an Condolence to the Family Sibby was a Great Person looked forward to seeing him every morning an talking. we became great friends an I will miss his upbeat attitude that made me smile every morning.

Friday, 23 March 2018, 11:11 am
  • Carlos Herve Aguilar should have stayed on his donkey in mexico. We would have one less death in this country.

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 9:02 pm
    • That’s a very stupid comment which only shows your level of ignorance! The accident was not negligence of the semi truck driver and there are plenty of witnesses to back it up. Needles to say it is sad because a life was lost and my condolences go to his family.

Sunday, 25 March 2018, 7:50 pm
  • My deepest condolences to Sibby’s family and friends. Also I wish Dawn Marie a quick recovery from her injuries. As for the truck driver He is not the first to have an accident at that location. That area is not well marked for them. But again we all on the road need to be aware of our surroundings. I’m sorry for your great loss of Sibby. Also I was told he frequent Dunkin on Countyline, i’m sure we have probably said hello to one another. He will be missed.

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 8:12 pm
  • Rest In Peace my friend!!

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 5:35 pm
  • R.I.P Sibby..😞😞😞😞

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 8:49 am
  • sibby wtf kind of name is that

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 7:11 am
    • Its his name unkike ur copycat ass Rick James. Didnt ur mom ever teach you if you dont have nothing nice to say then dont say! He was my friend and your a

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 3:25 pm

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 4:44 pm
    • that was my dad douce bag

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 4:42 pm
      • Joe Im so sorry for your loss! I didnt know him as long as I wanted to but he was good to me and my boy! We would see him every morning at Dunkin Donuts and I even found myself leaving for work a little earlier everyday just so I could visit with him. He would make my day no matter what was going on he would always insure I was smiling b4 I left the store. He never knew it but he reminded me of my dad in the way he would check out all the womens butts as they walked by. He will truely be missed by myself and my boy(aka The Lump as he would call him) He was a very special man to everybody that came in contact with him.

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 7:37 pm
        • Thank you. He was the greatest dad I could’ve asked for. I love him so much. We are all broken. My wedding is in 2 weeks and he was coming up here for it. I can’t explain how much I will miss him.

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 9:25 pm
          • My heart breaks for your entire wonderful family! May he rest in peace.

Friday, 23 March 2018, 11:37 am
            • Thanks Barb!! Miss you. My dad was the best.

Saturday, 24 March 2018, 9:19 pm
    • What a dick!! He passed away have respect for the family

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 5:07 pm
    • Seriously !! Does that really matter at a time of loss….Sad sad sad person….

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 7:25 pm
  • Sibby was a clerk for the Brooksville Post Office…a fine man

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 7:58 pm
  • My dearest Sibby I will miss our morning conversations. My mornings will never be the same without you. You will be missed by many and all that you brightened their days every morning on our way to work. Be at peace my dear friend. Fly with the angels and smile down on us. Your Friends Connie and The Lump…

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 5:50 pm
  • my prayers go out to the family. If I’m not mistaken, this isn’t the first accident this man driving the semi has been involved in. Tom can you check that out please.

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 5:43 pm
    • I would like to know as well. Sibby was my dad.

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 4:43 pm
    • just because a driver has been in accidents it doesn’t mean it’s due to their negligence.

Sunday, 25 March 2018, 7:55 pm
      • as per the traffic report, this was negligence.

Monday, 26 March 2018, 4:24 pm
  • Omg
    RIP Sibby
    Dawn I hope you’re ok

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 5:01 pm
  • Headline says man killed. Article says woman killed.

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 4:19 pm
    • Tom cant get anything right

Thursday, 22 March 2018, 8:36 am
  • Might want to check the story again..I’m pretty sure Sibby is a man

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 4:10 pm
  • My prayers and condolences to family and friends 🙏

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 4:04 pm
  • 😢 prayers for all involved.

Wednesday, 21 March 2018, 4:04 pm