Spring Hill Man Dies in Motorcycle Crash Less Than One Year After Similar Close Call

UPDATE: 7:34 A.M. – The Florida Highway Patrol has released the following information regarding last night’s fatal crash on US-19.

CORRECTION: According to officials, A Honda Civic, driven by 22-year-old Arainna A. Abbate-Perks was traveling northbound on US-19, north of Nebraska Ave, attempting to make a left turn into Park Ave Plaza. Porrata was traveling southbound in the outside lane and collided with the Civic, causing both vehicles to overturn. Abbate-Perks suffered serious injuries and Porrata died at the scene.

Officials are still waiting for toxicology results to see if Abbate-Perks may have been under the influence of alcohol.

Charges are pending.

PALM HARBOR – A Spring Hill man lost his life last evening, after he crashed into the side of a car at the intersection of US-19 and Nebraska Ave.

According to sources, 24-year-old Devon Porrata was travelling on US-19 when he collided with a vehicle driven by a woman whose identity has not been released by officials.

The female driver was airlifted to a nearby trauma center for treatment. Her injuries do not appear to be life-threatening, according to sources. Porrata died at the scene from injuries suffered in the crash.

The Florida Highway Patrol has not release a statement detailing what may have caused the crash at this time.

Sadly, RNRF interviewed Porrata late last year, after he nearly lost his life in a similar crash on Spring Hill Drive. (CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY AND VIDEO INTERVIEW).

Although battered and bruised, Porrata vowed to ride again as soon as his wounds healed. But less than a year later Porrata would lose his life doing the one thing friends say he loved the most, riding his motorcycle.

RNRF will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • My dawwg smh rest easy G

Monday, 27 March 2017, 6:03 pm
  • To bad he had to hurt someone else

Monday, 27 March 2017, 12:00 am
    • The other one you say he hurt was AT FAULT… he didn’t hurt anyone, he was KILLED!

Wednesday, 29 March 2017, 9:17 am
  • Devon will be missed, a baby brother, a son. An uncle. Grandson, he was young enjoying his life as they do, rather a crotche rocket, or an ole harley, does not matter, cars vr,s bike most (bikes lose)) devon may have been going excess speed((may)) have! But the car driver was in the wrong, we have lost a loved one. And the car driver has to live with KILLING someone. Both our sides are feeling the pain. Plz do not voice negative thoughts for words read carry a million miles in our heads…

Sunday, 26 March 2017, 10:22 pm
  • Last month in Spring Hill I had a motorcycle speed by me in the right grassy portion of the road while I was in the right hand lane doing 45 MPH, This guy came flying by me, I was shocked because there was no real lane, Some of these people are nuts, It’s no wonder that so many get killed.

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 4:26 pm
    • One guys actions makes it no wonder so many get killed huh? That sounds ridiculous in that context doesn’t it? Well, that’s basically what you just said… good thing that has any beating on this situation and comforts everyone mourning the loss of Devon! Thanks Tony, for saving the day! …. WOW!

Sunday, 26 March 2017, 7:20 pm
  • I don’t know if I had anything to do with it but I’m glad to see that after my post there haven’t been too many comments but more importantly there hasn’t been any negative ones other than the idiot pointing out motorcycles are murder-cycles…
    I’ve been riding motorcycles off and on since I was 17 not to mention all of the off-roading I did when I was younger and I literally haven’t been in an accident at all so yes maybe I’ve been lucky but this isn’t always the don’t for people who ride. My good friend Matt rides to work and back everyday and literally has a sportbike as his only method of transportation and hasn’t had any issues. My friend, and DEVON’S close friend Anthony is in a similar situation… it’s all situational. You could be killed just as easily in a car. But regardless it has nothing to do with anything right now. The only thing that should matter is the respect and condolences given to this young man and his family. Anyone who says or thinks differently should just keep their mouth shut and stay out of it.

Thank you for clarifying Tom I just thought that it could have been written differently so that it wouldn’t be misinterpreted as a similar accident but that he was in a similar life-threatening incident last year rather than the context that was used. Although again thank you for clarifying and thank you for the level of respect you typically show in instances like this one. I’d also like to point out that when Devon had his particular comments about this news Outlet in his previous video, he wasn’t referring to the outlet itself but rather the same idiots I’ve been speaking about this whole time…

Again, rest in piece and mutt heart to his family…

Everyone please refer to Facebook for the details of the service and a special ride being put together in his honor…

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 3:09 pm
  • Prayers sent for all involved.

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 8:48 am
  • Rest easy brother you’ll be truly missed and never forgotten

Friday, 24 March 2017, 11:33 pm
  • Wow. Damn felt like yesterday we was in school together talking shit being kids. Wow R.I.P D your way to young so sorry ..prayers for his family !! Xoxo

Friday, 24 March 2017, 4:57 pm
  • If you guys edit the profanity I had used, please add *** to it instead of deleting the words. It sort of loses its touch when you do that. Thanks.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 2:54 pm
  • MURDERCYCLES = DEATH. Any questions?

Friday, 24 March 2017, 2:47 pm
  • A

Friday, 24 March 2017, 2:45 pm
  • First off, I’m not going to hide behind my keyboard/ phone. My name is Chris Scott, all of my listed info is correct, unlike most people on here, especially the ones talking shit.

FIRST & FOREMOST, MY CONDOLENCES TO DEVON’S FAMILY & CLOSE FRIENDS… it’s terrible. I’m sorry to all of you!

Second, A MAN IS DEAD PEOPLE!!! A person with deep connections to many, whom had his whole life ahead of him. How dare ANY of you have the audacity to talk so freely & negatively! Those of you speaking ill of him and pointing the finger his way are being totally disrespectful & you don’t even have all of the info yet. You disgust me! SHUT THE FUCK UP until the situation is fully explained, and to be honest, you should stay silent even then. If you’re not in any way related to the situation, STFU unless you have something good to say. Even if Devon was entirely at fault, totally in the wrong, YOU STILL WOULDN’T HAVE GROUNDS TO SPEAK ABOUT IT!!! The girl is in the hospital, Devon is dead! He can’t hear you, all you are doing now is disrespecting a dead man and upsetting his loved ones! You’re accomplishing nothing! STOP!

On top of it all, you don’t even own it as yourself, but with a fake name so you can’t be confronted on your bullshit… instead you stay hidden. My thoughts on that are simple… If you’re going to speak badly,

IF YOU WON’T POST YOUR NAME, DON’T POST YOUR COMMENTS EITHER!

Also, Tom, it states, “Sadly, RNRF interviewed Porrata late last year, after he nearly lost his life in a similar crash on Spring Hill Drive.”

Similarities:
    1) Devin was involved…
    2) He was riding a sportbike.

That’s it. ALL similarities end there. I’m confused as to how this can be labeled as a similar crash. He may not even be at fault in this incident, the other driver may have been intoxicated, plus more uncertainties. There are too many unknowns that NOTHING should be said just yet, other than facts & CONDOLENCES! (In my opinion)…

R.I.P. DEVON

You can’t defend yourself anymore, but we have your back!

Friday, 24 March 2017, 2:44 pm
    • Thank you! Thats all i can say!

#lovehiscousin</3

Friday, 24 March 2017, 9:43 pm
    • Thumbs up for you Sir. Very well said . God bless you.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:28 pm
  • RIP my brother, it seems like it was just yesterday that we where out riding.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:46 pm
  • You will be missed immensely Devon. You lived fearlessly and you had such an impact on everyone you encountered. I adored you and I always will. RIP sweet heart and thank you for all the love you shared ??

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:03 pm
  • It’s pathetic to see all the negative comments on a post where someone lost their life. It doesn’t matter what he was driving.! I hear so many stories of people getting into wrecks in a 4 wheeled vehicle because they’re stupid as well. This young man lost his life and everyone wants to judge because he was on a bike. Smh. People get drunk or high or text and drive in a 4 wheeled vehicle and yet those people I don’t see get bashed as much as I do bike riders.!!!! The fact of the matter is STOP JUDGING PEOPLE AND WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. Yeah some of them are stupid about what they do (I witnessed a bike being stupid last night at about 4am going down 41 but guess what that person still has a family and friends that love them and care.!!!! Smh

Friday, 24 March 2017, 12:01 pm
    • Well said, glad to see someone has a heart. People are so cruel, and forget they’re human too. He lost his life, and has a family who is heartbroken, people need to keep their nasty comments to themselves and think of his family who is grieving.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:02 pm
  • My condolences go out to his mother, Bea and may she find peace.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 11:41 am
  • Everyone always blames the person on the bike. We don’t Know​ all the deal tales yet. Maybe she ran a red light but from what I’ve read so far it may have been her fault ? Alcohol or drugs I nvolved maybe or she was to impatient in wanting to turn. People don’t make snap judgements till all the facts are released.His family is suffering too they lost a son, brother, uncle. RIP Devan you were loved by many family and friends. I hope​ the young lady survives. There’s cameras all over down there and hopefully the police will find the real truth about what happened. I Know​ this is effecting many family members and friends. My daughter’s grew up with his brother and sister-in-law​. He loved his nephews and was going to have a new baby neice soon. I am praying for his family and that God watches over them and gives them the strength to endure and make it through this tradegy together as one strong unit. My love goes out to Brandon and Casey and their boys. He will be missed.??

Friday, 24 March 2017, 11:27 am
    • Right we dont know the facts…maybe he was intoxicated? Not her..maybe he was going to fast to see coming. One sure thing he was going fast to cause such damage…his choice his mistake.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:21 pm
  • I really cany stand the media…mr. tom is wrong even first reports say the lady was turning into go to work he had the right of way …smh even the news cant get it straight! Rip cuzzoo!!!! </3

Friday, 24 March 2017, 11:14 am
  • Why do people always assume it’s the rider’s fault if they’re on a sport bike?!?! Pisses me off to no end. You have no idea how many friends I’ve lost and almost my own to negligent drivers.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:41 am
    • Because of this comment probably.

Kyle carver says:

March 24, 2017 1:14 am at 1:14 am

Friday, 24 March 2017, 12:13 pm
  • You have Perrata in both articles dying…can’t be

Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:37 am
  • Another jerk on a bike off the streets

Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:09 am
  • RIP my Brother. God Bless u And the fam. U will be missed.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 9:51 am
  • Looks like he didn’t learn from the first accident. Not to be a bitch but….that’s what happens when you don’t give enough of a about your own wellbeing nonetheless all that he other drivers wellbeing that are also on the road. Most people who ride crotch rockets think they own the road and think it’s ok to drive like an Guess what….It’s not ok. Smfh!

Friday, 24 March 2017, 9:29 am
  • @getreal…only douchebag is you!!… Devon may have been speeding but wait for the whole story!! She was at fault .. regardless of speed he would have gotten in a accident with her at 45 mph because of her carelessness!! You are speaking about a great man that is loved. By many show some respect !

Friday, 24 March 2017, 8:32 am
  • Assuming the bike is at fault is ignorant! I love how people “assume” because it’s a “crotch rocket” that the biker is automatically at fault! Smh… This man was turning into a plaza! How fast could he really have been going? If the police are waiting on a toxicology report obviously this girl’s​ driving was not up to par, if the police think she might have been drunk! I watch biker’s get cut off and nearly hit every day on 19!

Friday, 24 March 2017, 8:21 am
  • Regardless of if it’s a car, truck or motorcycle fatal accidents do occurs yes depending upon the type, make and model of the vehicle your chances of being injured or killed do change however when you operate ANY vehicle in a careless manner or beyond your abilities you yourself share in the blame for the outcome. Blaming the motorcycle itself is rediculas however it seems the majority of times I have seen motorcycles being operated at high speeds in a careless and reckless manner it is a sport bike. Just beacause they can rapidly accelerate and are far more maneuverable then other vehicles does not mean they need to be operated in such a manner or that YOU are capable of handling them in such a manner. Sorry if your offended by my opinion but if you drive or ride like a fool and end up being injured or killed I have no sympathy for you you are partially or completely to blame. You want to risk your life that’s your business but don’t endanger innocent people for your stupidity and thrills.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 8:00 am
  • RIP brother .

Friday, 24 March 2017, 7:12 am
  • Hope the poor woman survives this kids persevering stupidity and disregard for others. Speeds high enough to almost fold that car in half and flip it with a 400lb bike… what a douchebag! Hopefully he has insurance to pay for this woman’s trauma bill as well.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 6:49 am
    • Hey dumb, it was the cars fault. Read the article again. Slowly this time. Have your mom help you with the big words.
      SHE WAS AT FAULT!

Friday, 24 March 2017, 9:28 am
      • thank you hawkeye. i hate when the riders get blamed for it all. MOST riders do ride with care and concern. it’s the crotch-rockets that cause the most damage…..IMHO

Friday, 24 March 2017, 8:11 pm
      • It has not been determined it was the cars fault. It is still under investigation. That is why charges are pending.

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 8:53 pm
    • According to the article, the young lady is at fault…she pulled out into his path! My condolences to the family and Praying for the young lady to have a speedy recovery.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:24 am
      • Charges are pending. It has not been determined she was at fault. There is still an investigation going on to find out who is at fault and if anybody had any intoxicants in their system. Both drivers blood will be tested and when all factors including speed are considered I hope we hear who was at fault. Don’t jump to conclusions.

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 8:56 pm
    • You’re such a douche bag. HES DEAD. you’re disgusting.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:35 am
    • That “douchebag” was my cousin and he died at the scene,you insensitive jerk . A young man lost his life and your worried about his insurance. I pray for you .

Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:45 am
      • He was my cousin too. I’m trying to help get family down from NY as we speak.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:16 pm
        • Maby try setting up a Gofundme page R.A.to try and get help to get family here

Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:39 pm
          • Why do they need a GoFundMe account. Just let one of their family members give the money to the other family member. The community doesn’t need to pay for his family to travel. GoFundMe accounts seem to be the answer whenever a family tragedy happens. Have the family take out a loan.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 5:29 pm
          • I agree. It was not set up for this and people want donations for everything. When my brother died we banded together as a family and took care of our own. I’d have been hell bent if someone opened an account. How humiliated my family would have been. Gofundme and sites that allow fundraising to replace family responsibility needs to shut down.

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 9:08 pm
    • Just a little detail that the ones jumping this person need to understand. Look at the time stamp of Get real. 6:49am. Now look at the update on the story. UPDATE: 7:34 A.M
      PLAY NICE!!
      Those little details do mean something so pay attention.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 12:09 pm
    • Speed should also be considered. How many people have experience judging distance and speed greater then 70 or 80 MPH? If the motorcycle was traveling at say 100, most people have never had to judge that kind of speed.
      According to last year’s article this guy knew he drove reckless. What did he think would eventually happen. Based on his own beliefs it was only time before his actions resulted in death.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:19 pm
    • And this is to get real and any body who has done dumb to say.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 8:16 pm
    • We are all human we all make mistakes. But for you to even post a comment like this when u don’t even know own the whole story nobody does. my cousin was a man with a good heart and had respect. So don’t u dare sit there and post Bullshut like this. God forbid if it was one of your close family members then what….. have a nice day

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 4:41 pm
      • He made a mistake last year. He knew the consequences of driving the way he liked. This accident was selfish on his fault because he knew how hurt his family was when he was badly inured a year ago. I know the feeling. I lost a brother to a bike. The truth of the matter is, by the looks of the damage to that vehicle and bike he was going fast maybe over the speed limit. Speed will be taken into consideration to see if there will be charges. This is being investigated that is why the highway patrol are saying charges are pending. Sorry for the loss of your cousin.

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 8:51 pm
  • This is terrible. It’s too bad he didn’t cherish his own life and drive his bike with care. RIP young man.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 6:09 am
  • Very sad, looks like a horrific crash! Prayers to all involved.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 6:06 am
  • Once again, regardless of fault, the motorcycle lost. When will people learn?

Friday, 24 March 2017, 5:37 am
    • Inclusive, unfortunately fault means everything and nothing. This is a NO FAULT state, so as far as they’re concerned no-one is to blame, but I promise you that to both of these families, it’s important. If you read the update, FHP is waiting toxicology on the girl who tried to turn in front of him. Regardless, Devon was traveling straight down 19, sounds like it will ultimately be her fault to me. 2 families ruined, 2 young lives just destroyed.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:47 pm
      • They will probably do a toxicology test on the bike rider too. If he had anything in his system that will probably be taken into consideration. It was a horrific accident.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:18 pm
  • My sympathy to his family and friends but if you read the article from last year, it’s eerie how many people predicted this. Unfortunately he did not learn anything. Crotch rocket riders are not motorcycle riders, most of them are arrogant young people, these bikes should not even be on the market we have lost too many young people. I don’t care how old my kid was I would fight with him over this

Friday, 24 March 2017, 5:30 am
    • Yup it is eerie. I lost a brother who was just like you say. He thought he was invisible and was a wild, wheelie popping hellion on his bike. It hurts to have to bury one because of their selfishness. His kids will never understand why he drove like that when we all begged him not to even own a bike.

Saturday, 25 March 2017, 8:59 pm
  • I’m not saying it’s his fault, the lady could have pulled out in front of him for all I or we know, I have a curious question, how fast does a motorcycle have to be going to do that kind of damage and roll over a car like that?

Prayers to his family.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 2:47 am
    • Valid point^^^

Friday, 24 March 2017, 11:58 am
    • Truth: I was on a call about 15 yrs ago on that same stretch. A motorcycle with a passenger going at a high rate of speed hit a jeep wrangler on the drivers side, causing the jeep to roll on it’s side. The only injury to the bikers was a fractured wrist to the passenger, both of the occupants in the jeep wrangler were killed immediately. Still trying to make sense of that.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 12:04 pm
    • It sure sounds like she did pull out in front of him to me. Either way this poor young man has lost his life and left family and friends heartbroken. My deepest condolences to you all. Rest well Devon.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:39 pm
      • No one will probably ever know who was at fault.The article does say he was turning into a plaza.Prayers for the family

Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:32 pm
        • Never mond I see his correction she was turning.Originally said he was turing.Prayers fir the family and justice will be served hopefully

Friday, 24 March 2017, 3:36 pm
      • No matter what, motorcycles are not as visible and it’s sometimes difficult to judge their speed even if we “check twice”. I always wait a little longer and let them pass giving them extra room.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 11:03 am
    • I WAS JUST GOING TO POST THE EXACT SAME THING THE KID HAD ZERO CONTROL OF THAT BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:51 pm
    • She may have crossed in front of him but he obviously was going well over the speed limit to flip a car on its roof.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 12:23 pm
      • She pulled out in front of this kid. Did she have her flippin eyes closed, was she texting or maybe drunk? Charges are pending against this female, she was at fault and he’s no longer here. I say take her license AND throw her in jail for a while. Its what she deserves.

Saturday, 1 April 2017, 10:56 am
        • end to this subject, Devon positioned himself in the line of fire to keep this car from plowing threw the entire crew, that were riding together this day. something he would do over and over, he had a heart of gold, so he is THE HERO!!! yawl haters need realize this can happen to YOUR LOVED ONE TOO… so lay off the negativity we all have suffered ENOUGH!!!! even the lady who,s car Devon HIT. and was ultimately killed by.

Sunday, 2 April 2017, 9:54 pm
          • What are you talking about ? You just sound stupid … this man is a brother to me and plenty of others and he was the test dummy for everyone? Shut the f**k up with your trash .. the fact that wrote that should make you want to kill urself bih

Monday, 3 April 2017, 5:56 pm
          • i know Devon’s family, i have been a part for a while,, my kids hung with dev, and im very good friends with his sister, and i have worked with his mother. why are you being a to me, i havent said anything bad.. your the type of trash people do not need in there lives,, tell me to kill myself…. shows your just as ignorant as you claim me to be, silly boy.. grow up…

Monday, 3 April 2017, 7:25 pm
  • We love you devan fly high my brother!! We will meet again one day!!

Friday, 24 March 2017, 2:11 am
  • Live by the gun die by the gun … rip bro

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:19 am
  • Love you Devon ! Your the first one I started riding with and yes we rode crazy but you were taken way to soon buddy … we will help your family dad mom everyone as much as we can buddy ! I hope your looking down and smiling on us all ..2 wheels one love Devon! You will always be missed and remembered by your good heart and funny personality by alotttt of people .. it killed me to hear this about you today man and I was there the whole time they were cleaning everything up with your family ! God bless buddy ? Ride in paradise 2W1L

Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:14 am
    • Let this be a lesson to all of you crazy riders. You have family and friends who loves you. Don’t be selfish and drive more cautiously. Do you want your family and friends to have to relive what you saw when your friend had this accident? If nothing else please remember your loved ones. I lost my brother to a bike.

Friday, 24 March 2017, 8:44 am
      • My sentiments exactly. Some time ago I actually spoke to one of these young, crazy drivers when we met up at a light after I saw him doing some stupid stuff on his crotch-rocket. (I’m a mother of a 22 y/o son so I decided to speak up.) I told him he needs to quit riding like that because he’s going to break his mother’s and his family’s hearts if something happens to him, “you’re not invincible and you’re not at all protected on that bike”. Better yet, get rid of the bike and get a car which is safer.

Monday, 27 March 2017, 11:00 am