Spring Hill Man Dies in Motorcycle Crash, Officials Say High Speed a Factor

ZEPHYRHILLS (PASCO) – A Spring Hill man died last night after he crashed his motorcycle in the area of Morris Bridge Road and Madrake Road.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 55-year-old Scott R. Kemper lost control of his Kawasaki motorcycle as he tried to negotiate a curve in the roadway while traveling at a high-rate of speed.

Officials say Kemper struck a guardrail and was ejected from the motorcycle.

Kemper was transported to Tampa General Hospital where he later died.

fat

Comments
  • Please someone contact me @[email protected], or Charles Podany on Facebook with any details of Memorial service of any kind.His riding brotgers and sisters would lije a chance to say goodbye and pay our respects.There are many of us who loved him and will miss him.Ride Free Brother of the wind ! Oh, and you know it all asswipes making comments about something you have no knowledge of..get a real life, and shut the, Scott says so! He rode free and died free,he was a professional seasoned rider and happens to the best, you werent there were you? Let not thee judge.Have some damn respect!

Monday, 13 February 2017, 7:11 pm
    • Amen, brother.
      To all the haters, Scott was a top notch rider.
      And will be greatly missed by many.
      I can’t believe I won’t never see his goofy grin/smile again.
      The world is a darker place now that he is no longer with us.

JBG

Monday, 13 February 2017, 11:38 pm
      • Amen!!

Monday, 27 February 2017, 10:18 pm
    • It is now October 23rd 2017 and I have just now become aware that my only brother has been killed. Just three days ago he would have been 56. I am shocked by the news. I send my deepest condolences to Scott’s loved ones. I bear testimony to Scott’s good and generous nature. I wish we had been closer, Scott. I will remember the good times. God speed on your journey. I will see you on the other side, brother.

Chris

Monday, 23 October 2017, 6:14 am
      • Chris I just got wind of this a shirt while ago. Please contact me.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 12:11 pm
      • I’m on Facebook and my email is [email protected]

Monday, 23 October 2017, 5:22 pm
        • I am contacting you now.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 6:28 pm
      • Hey man I’m very sorry dude..he was a great friend to me rode many many miles..now I’m the last of the tight group of friends that were the “Green light gougers”….anyway dude I’d love to talk to any and all..I can’t believe he’s gone. Great sorrow we all loved Scott,,352 9420589

Thursday, 23 November 2017, 9:25 am
    • Brother I’m another old Tampa friend and completely shocked man we rode for years together you may know I’m z1rob..anyway man I can’t believe this I was telling my friend yesterday I need to find him to work on my latest 900..haven’t talked to him in years..a real bro I’m very sorry for all of us who lost a truly great kind dude..anybody feel free to call to talk…p.s and I will track a bitch down for running their stupidass mouth you mother dig?

Wednesday, 22 November 2017, 8:53 pm
  • Was Scott missing fingers (pre-accident)? If so, Mr. Kemper has had guardrail issues before. Like 30 years ago in Clearwater.

R.I.P. Scott.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 7:34 am
    • Yes, he was missing fingers. I knew him as well and I will miss him.

Monday, 13 February 2017, 8:13 am
      • Any info on a funeral/celebration of life?
        Scott had a lot of friends.
        I hope many will attend.

Monday, 13 February 2017, 10:01 am
        • No, not that I have seen or heard of yet.

Monday, 13 February 2017, 10:53 am
          • Please keep me/the sportbike community with any updates on his funeral.

I just can’t believe Scott is gone ?

Thank you.

Monday, 13 February 2017, 12:15 pm
    • Turbo John?

Wednesday, 22 November 2017, 9:04 pm
  • Tom, what was the motorcyclist killed on Powell? The one that hit a street sign!

Friday, 10 February 2017, 6:49 pm
      • A few weeks ago, a guy on a motorcycle was killed on Powell. He flew off the motorcycle and hit a street sign. It said he was a Michigan man, 59 yrs old.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 3:30 am
      • Do you know his name? I gave you the description below.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 11:59 pm
        • Above I mean.

Saturday, 11 February 2017, 11:59 pm
  • At least he respected his head. RIP.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 4:14 pm
  • Respect the bike and the speed!!!!!!

Friday, 10 February 2017, 3:40 pm
  • Those guardrails jump out in front of you.
    But in all seriousness, condolences to his relatives. Bikes are dangerous but underestimating that danger leaves one more vulnerable. It takes vigilance and extra safety precautions. Not just gear.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 11:00 am
  • helmet or not,…over 40 mph sudden stop is fatal,…..get real people

Friday, 10 February 2017, 8:53 am
  • Everyone have there seat belt on? A helmet is no one business. Now i wear mine outside in yard for hawks then wear shin gaurds for the dogs “pits” bullet proff vest for the meth heads. Just shut up about helmets. Have a hreat day

Friday, 10 February 2017, 8:27 am
  • So sad. Let this be a reminder to everyone to hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight. So so sad the family has to go thru this. I’m sure he didn’t think this would happen because we’ve all sped before and we’re fine. Keep the negativity to yourself. The family doesn’t need to see it. It is not their fault and they deserve the respect while they’re grieving.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:29 pm
    • Scott lived a few doors down from me, he was one of the most kindest men ive met….I loved him an he was an awesome friend…..He always wore helmets an wouldnt let me ride without a helmet on an proper clothing….He cared, an i agree with you, no one needs the negativity, for he called me right before the wreck happened saying he was on his way an he took a piece of my heart with him when he didnt stop by an i found out why because if scott told u something he would do itt!! Glad no one else involved but killing me to know Ill never see that smile, or hear the positivity he had for others an life!!! He was a true friend…..Love an miss you Scott!!!!!!!!Its not the same without your face around!!!!!!!
      An anyone that doesnt know him should not say anything.Thank you

Monday, 27 February 2017, 10:12 pm
      • Miss Tina, Thanks for posting that about Scott. I knew him when he was in HS. He was the center on the football team, drove a ’69 Chevelle (396) that was the fastest around, clean cut & athletic with curly blonde hair! He was a great guy! I am sorry for your loss 🙁

Monday, 6 March 2017, 11:32 am
        • Thank you Wes for your comments about our son. They mean so much to Scott’s father and me. He was a great guy, and to us, he was beautiful!

Tuesday, 9 May 2017, 2:25 pm
          • Mary Alice please get in contact with me. Email [email protected] or facebook. Thanks!!

Monday, 23 October 2017, 5:25 pm
          • He was a great friend..very sorry

Thursday, 23 November 2017, 9:30 am
        • Thank you Wes! It breaks my heart to see comments on here that should not be said! And thank you for sharing your memories of him

Friday, 11 May 2018, 3:16 pm
  • Speed and motorcycles kill! I’ll never get why people on motorcycles think they are invincible?!! Hello, no protection, go fast hit a pothole fly in air hit tree and there you go your dead… Very sad I’m sorry to the family and thank the Lord he didn’t kill anyone else….SMH

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 6:43 pm
    • Hey you idiot rabbit guts in the road..or some jackass like you throws half empty coke on the road,all it takes sure wasn’t rider ability..guy was an expert

Friday, 24 November 2017, 6:55 am
  • The rider was not as skilled as he thought. As for the helmet question. It is a valid question. The fact that he wore a helmet just shows us,
    riders do have enough protection went they go down!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 6:23 pm
    • Don’t speak of what you don’t know. I’ve ridden and raced (at the track) with the late Mr. Kemper sense 1983.
      He will be missed.

God speed Scott

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 7:28 am
      • Johnny it’s Rob from Tampa must have known Scott bout the same time.. John?anyway dude give me call if you want I not sure I got the story right man3529420589

Sunday, 26 November 2017, 5:42 pm
  • The question about the helmet was to see if he was disregarding his personal safety as he was endangering fellow motorists by traveling at such a high rate of speed!! He could have hit and killed an innocent child !!!!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 12:11 pm
    • There was not heavy traffic. He passed me just prior to coming upon the curve. I arrived at the scene just seconds after he wrecked and assisted the EMS crew to stabilize him. What still bothers me is that they did not stabilize him by putting on a neck brace and he was having trouble breathing. I don’t know why they didn’t place an oxygen mask on him. I’m no expert in the medical field but as a guy that has ridden motorcycles since I was a kid and survived a crash at 15 that nearly killed me; I strongly feel that he could have survived but nothing was done with any urgency on the paramedics part nor did they get him strapped and loaded and rushed to an ER. I was there for quite a while and I was the one they insisted I remove his helmet as they could not figure out how to get it off. I am truly sorry for the family, for their loss. It took me a while to deal with the trauma of seeing the man, Scott, alive one second and then seeing him on the road. I was devastated and angry when I heard he had died. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel if he had been strapped onto one of those plastic things to stabilize a person in case of internal injuries and put a neck brace on and started an IV then rushed him in, he may well have survived. Of course the trauma of it may have clouded my observations. RIP Scott!

Thursday, 8 June 2017, 3:34 am
  • Condolences to the family..

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 11:47 am
  • Down and Out in Zephyrhills! Prayers to his family, lucky he didn’t hit anyone else.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:54 am
  • So very sorry for this family….prayers.

Tom…
    On a separate note, is there any update on the severely beaten three year old? I’m praying constantly for that baby girl and just hoping she survives, with all her faculties and mobility in tact!

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:28 am
    • She has been taken in by a wonderful foster family. I know the personally and she is blessed to be with them. She finally got to leave the hospital 2 days ago after she got enough nutrients in her. She is healing, and is a joy.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 9:23 am
      • THANK YOU!! Hope she continues to heal and I wish her a long, happy and beautiful life!!!!!

Friday, 10 February 2017, 4:12 pm
      • Save the child= Thank the Lord, Prayers answered , may he keep watch over her for the rat of her life. Thank you and Thanks Tom for reporting on this tragic story.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 4:27 pm
        • Rest, not rat, whoops typo.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 4:28 pm
      • Save The Child…
        Thank you for the update. Glorious news!

Friday, 10 February 2017, 11:41 pm
  • HELMET ?????? REALLY !!! THE MAN IS DEAD ,MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:26 am
  • Was he wearing a helmet”? As the saying goes “Drive like hell and you’ll get there quicker.”

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:17 am
      • Tom, did they ever find out the motorcyclists that was killed on Powell. The one who hit the street sign?

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:24 pm
      • What’s burning in north weeki Wachee?? Big smoke plumes

Friday, 10 February 2017, 3:57 pm
    • who the hell cares whether he was wearing a helmet. Helmet or not he is dead. Condolences to the family

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 10:51 am
      • Thank you. Scott was my brother in law.

Friday, 10 February 2017, 6:12 pm
        • I’m sorry for your loss.
          Wasn’t Scott missing fingers due too a previous cycle accident?

Please respond, as many of us life long sport riders are wondering if this is the same Mr. Kemper. (He was a regular at the local dragstrips).

And truly sorry for your loss.

Sunday, 12 February 2017, 7:33 am
          • Actually from a lawnmower accident as a child.

Monday, 6 March 2017, 11:13 am
        • I undid his helmet while helping medics

Monday, 20 February 2017, 6:19 pm