Suspect Injects Heroin During Arrest – Deputies Forced to Deploy Tazer VIDEO

SPRING HILL – Yesterday, RNRF received information that a theft suspect was hiding out at a residence on Landover Blvd. CLICK HERE TO WATCH ARREST VIDEO

We arrived on the scene just as deputies were attempting to make contact 30-year-old James Robert Cina, at 5144 Landover Blvd, the same residence of last week’s shooting that injured 32-year-old Kyle Ehatt.

Deputies surrounded the home and knocked on the door for several minutes before a woman answered and then disappeared back inside.

A few minutes later, deputies were seen rushing through the front door, where according to our sources, Cina was located in a bedroom injecting what the suspect stated was heroin into his body. Deputies were forced to utilize a tazer to subdue Cina, after a brief struggle ensued.

Fire Rescue responded to the scene to evaluate Cina and to remove the tazer barbs from his back. It is not known if Cina was transported to the hospital prior to being booked into the Hernando County Jail.

Authorities have not released an official report at this time but according to jail records Cina faces numerous charges, including Armed Burglary, Forgery, Grand Theft Auto, Trespassing, Possession of a Controlled Substance, Fraud, Grand Theft, Resisting arrest, and a Grand Larceny Charge that states; If the property stolen is valued at $100,000 or more or is a semitrailer that was deployed by a law enforcement officer.

At this time, Cina remains behind bars – held without bond.

UPDATE: 8/13/2015, 6:58 PM – The Sheriff’s Office has now released the following report:

On 08-12-15 I was dispatched to the victim’s address of 11357 Outrigger Ave in reference to a Grand Theft. The victim, James Cina Sr. called to advise that his son, the defendant, James Cina Jr had stolen a safe from his bedroom closet that contained personal paperwork, 3 watches (gold Seiko, Silver Citizens and a chrome Android) , BOA checkbook, 3 sets of keys(1 Hyundai, 1 Nissan and 1 Honda Goldwing) and a Best Buy credit card. Upon arrival, James Cina Sr was back in possession of his safe; which had heavy damage, pry marks and no longer closed or functioned. James advised that his daughter, Lynsey Cina had located the defendant and retrieved the safe; however all of its contents were missing except a pocket folder that had his personal paperwork in it.

James advised that he had all of his tax preparation for several years in the folder and several were now missing. James was afraid that his son would use his personal information contained in those records fraudulently. James also advised that he received a call from Bank of America advising that the defendant cashed a check made out to himself. James advised that the check was fraudulent and the bank froze the account. James did not have the bank information at the time of the report.

I then spoke with Lynsey. Lynsey advised that her brother, the defendant, came by the residence at approximately noon and said he needed to retrieve some clothing (the defendant stays from place to place). Lynsey stated that the defendant came into the residence alone and she did not see any one else present. Lynsey advised that after her brother left, she checked the house to make sure her brother did not take anything he wasn’t supposed to and she noticed her dads safe was missing. Lynsey called the defendant and asked him to bring the safe back. Lynsey was hoping she could get everything back for her dad. The defendant told Lynsey he would bring the safe back but didn’t so she went to the address of 5144 Landover, where he had been staying. Lynsey advised that James was at the residence and brought the safe out to her. Lynsey stated that the safe had obvious damage and was empty. Lynsey did not want a confrontation at that house so she left with the safe and brought it home to her dad who had already called the Sheriff’s office. Lynsey Cina provided a sworn written statement.

Also present with Lynsey was her nephew, James Thomas. James advised that he was sleeping when the defendant came to the house and stole the safe. James Thomas advised that Lynsey woke him up and asked him to go with her to try and get the safe back. James Thomas advised that they went to the address of 5144 Landover and James brought out the safe, which had obvious damage, and put it in the back of Lynsey’s car. James Thomas provided a sworn written statement.

At this time, I responded to the address of 5144 Landover to make contact with the defendant. Upon arrival, contact was made with the home owner, Jamie Mandia. Jamie confirmed that the defendant was in the residence. I called out to the defendant at which time Jamie stated that he was locked in her bedroom acting weird and panicking. The defendant kept yelling from behind the door, asking his charges. At this time, the defendant came out of the bedroom and peeked his head around the corner and asked his charges. Once I visually confirmed that he was in fact the defendant (from past contact and booking photos viewed prior to arrival), the defendant was given verbal commands to come out of the residence with his hands up. The defendant then ran back into the bedroom and locked the door. Deputy Escoda and I followed behind him and entered the bedroom giving the defendant several commands to get on the ground, which he ignored. The defendant then took a syringe he had in his hand and stuck it into his other hand at which time Deputy Escoda deployed his Taser and the defendant was taken into custody. Next to the defendant on the bed was another used syringe. On the dresser next to the bed was an unknown yellow pill, a spoon with residue and a white crystal like substance in a plastic baggie. On the floor next to the defendant was a black book bag.

Jamie advised that the book bag did not belong to her and that the defendant had brought it to the residence with him. Inside the book bag was the checkbook belonging to the victim, James Cina Sr, the Honda Goldwing motorcycle key, an HP laptop charger and a folder full of several signed vehicle titles not belonging to anyone at the residence. The victim’s tax information was not recovered at this time.

I then spoke with Jamie who confirmed that the defendant had brought a safe to her house earlier in the day. Jamie stated that the defendant told her the safe belonged to him. Jamie advised that the defendant used several tools in her garage to open the safe. Jamie did not know where the contents of the safe were at this time. Jamie stated that the defendant and came and went from the residence a few times with subjects named Matthew Heater and Krystal Priola. Jamie provided a sworn written statement.

The defendant was brought to the hospital where he was medically cleared and transported to the jail by Deputy Savelli.

The substance in the syringe field tested positive for heroin. The other contraband located in the bedroom was placed into evidence and the defendant is not being charged with those at this time.

The defendant is being charged with Grand Theft, Resisting Law Enforcement without violence, Possession of Heroin, and possession of Personal identification information.

Further charges of Fraud are forthcoming once the bank establishment provides the victim with documentation.

The defendant is to be held on a bond of $2,000.00 for Ct1, $5,000.00 for Ct3 $2,000.00 for Ct3 $1,000.00 for Ct4, and, for a total bond of $10,000.00.

barbs 6 Barbs 1 Barbs 2 barbs 3 barbs 4 barbs 5 barbs 6 cina fsdfs

Lowman Featured

Comments
  • JAMES (JIMBO) CINA
    THIS IS THE LATEST MISCARAGE OF JUSTICE, ,
    12 YEARS FOR PETTY CRIMES IS THERE ANY CHANCE THE JUDGE WRONGFULLY SAID 12 YEAR WHEN HE MEANT 12 MONTH. ..?
    SEX OFFENDERS & PEODOPHILES DONT GET THAT SENTENCE SO THIS JUST LETS PEOPLE OPEN THERE EYES TO THE POLICE & COURTS WORK
    IVE ALWAYS DISLIKED COPS & COURTS NOW IT IS HATRED …. YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE JIMBO

Thursday, 10 September 2015, 1:43 pm
  • Look a his record not first arrrest and know there are others he has not been charged with. If they would have kept him in jail for armed robbery this one would not have happen. The courts way to easy on them

Saturday, 5 September 2015, 11:30 am
  • He got 12 years

Thursday, 3 September 2015, 4:40 pm
  • Didn’t say you had a deck boat. There is one on the canal you live on. It is the only boat on your canal seen from the road. I won’t put your street on here just stating the facts. My friend looked at it as well as a v hull boat you were selling. In reading all this seems pretty funny to me. But looks like “clean” won. I know there will be another excuse but remember you put your name on here. Easy to see it was you selling the whaler.

Thursday, 20 August 2015, 6:48 am
  • Sorry, there really was no whaler that passed rogers park, i know what you say but you are not telling the truth, not getting into a “whos right or whos wrong” but no whaler on the river. Maybe the fantasy land you live in you have a boat a harley and a unicorn. HAHA- I know this all seems trivial but this is whats wrong with our county, people lie and post lies and hate and we dont need this here.
    no more from me on this from me, but i will be watching a posting the truth!!!!!!!!!!
    lets clean up our county!!!!!!

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 3:57 pm
    • To clean up the county, you have to be the first to leave. HAHAHAHAHA, call me a liar ?? HAHAHAHAHA I know where I was and what I was doing and I was doing exactly as I said………enough said. Fighting on the internet is childish. I bet your parents are proud……….

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 8:50 pm
      • just an on looker to this nightmare, but my buddy looked at the whaler you had for sale a few years ago. We drive by your house everyday. No boat on that canal except some old deck boat.
        just my .02

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 2:06 pm
        • Well, I never in my life have owned a deck boat, nor, would I ever bother with one.. So, keep it coming, you’re full of sh*t too. AND, my Whaler has NEVER been for sale.

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 8:44 pm
  • You weren’t there and neither was the 1,000 dollar giver….I was there also….lol…

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 8:44 am
    • You both must be blind, or, you don’t know a Boston Whaler when you see one. It’s all good though,I know who I am and what I have.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 11:57 am
  • enuff is enuff, what beach might you be talking about ?? Rogers Park ?? OH H*LL NO……..I never go there, and if I wanted to, I could get there by boat. And walk to the store……….why ?? The only reason I have to go to the corner store is for gas. I walk my dog up and down Shoal Line, but I don’t need a sidewalk for that…..

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 5:19 pm
    • ok, the offer still stands- drive you boat by rogers park today between 12 and 1. I will be there, if i see you i will hand you 1000 dollars. I mean it, you say have a boat, you say a lot of things. Now is the time to prove it!!!! I will be looking for a boston whaler between 12 and 1. no excuses. step up scootrpy, how bout if you dont show you go away and stop posting here. Any side bets, cmon people, lets do this. hahaha.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 8:41 am
      • Like an idiot, I was there, you obviously weren’t………..now YOU step up and stop posting !!!!

Monday, 17 August 2015, 6:52 pm
        • haha. no boston whaler went by the park, i sat on the bench feeding the birds fro 11.30 til 2. haha, gotta love liars, no go back to mass. PLEASE,

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 7:23 am
  • Javon….u sound like a spring hill talker….u peepol dont no anithing sew keap ur mouth shut peepo…look in dah mirrere…lol…you’re a clown….

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 10:44 am
  • HCSO won’t do anything about the house….when I called about a house on Apache Tr..7331to be exact…they DID nothing…that home is NOTHING BUT trouble….24hr drug dealing….drive by shooting….even told landlord and try to shut IT down as a nuisance…no avail….dcf was there also….but THEN again it’s spring hill…..

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 10:41 am
  • I would like to say, that no matter who you are, it is frustrating when facts are not stated correctly. When my home burned down in 2001, a tragic accident, it seems silly but it bothered me that the simple birthdate and names were incorrect. However, in a story like this one, the bottom line is, obviously drugs… I love one or two people who are or have lost the battle, the heartache never goes away. The things they do to get what they think they need… It hurts to watch. I agree the so should just watch some of these houses and get rid of all of them, however I’d like to think that there is a method to their actions. They really are doing a good job, considering the sheer volume of criminal activity lately in this county. Sad. Just plain sad.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 1:15 pm
  • It seems like this address on Landover is a hot-bed of drug and illegal activity. It appears that some of the people residing and visiting (crashing) there seem to have an ample arrest record.
    You would think that the S.O. would set up this house as a stake-out and pick them off one-by-one as they come and go. Instead they just keep going there to mop up the problems. Think how much safer the neighborhood would be without this gathering place of unemployed junkies, thieves and shooters.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:36 pm
  • I worked 25 years with the Florida Dept. of Corrections, all of them as a Correctional Officer. Yes, as stated above by more than one person, the sagging pants means you’re available. To javon, WHEN- -NOT– IF you get to prison, I give you maybe 1 week before you’re either KNOCKED UP or KNOCKED OUT! That’s life DOG!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 5:26 pm
  • That was good
    boschamps!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 3:35 pm
  • SPRING HILL TALKERS ARE UP IN ARMS….should be the headlines….heez mi frend yu dont no him like mee heez helpeds mee al dah time u peepol doesnt no aah thing bout em….bee carefuk wat u saa u yall cepe on talkin heez knot on drugs dah kops li all dah time sew watt….YOU JUNKIES BETTER WAKE….ALSO PULL YOUR PANTS UP YOU LOOK STUPID….

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:10 pm
  • Another SH addict living off our paychecks

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:37 pm
  • It seems that the dirt bags are taking over Spring Hill and that a real shame for the good people that are still living here

Friday, 14 August 2015, 11:51 am
  • LOL…I swear if someone was to pitch a reality tv show based on the every day shenanigans that happen in good ol “Bring Pills”,Florida they’d be richer than Donald Trump.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 11:23 am
  • I think they were planning a cookout…the stove is on the front pourch

Friday, 14 August 2015, 8:27 am
  • Hey if yall see my pants saggin dont worry I lost 200 #s amd have no a** to hold them up…

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:31 am
  • I think we might be loosing the war on drugs

Friday, 14 August 2015, 7:26 am
  • The drug epidemic is out of control what is the Sheriff doing to get control of this county sure the HCSO shut down some pill mills but at the same time he should have been ready for the flood of heroin!!!!!!! Maybe hernando county should spend money on ridding our county of drugs rather than building side walks that lead to no where the county goverment is out of control and out of touch with reality!!!!

Friday, 14 August 2015, 6:13 am
    • I agree !!!! I live off of Shoal Line and they’re putting sidewalks in over here…………..WHY ??? The side streets are ONLY off one side of Shoal Line and I wouldn’t walk on the wooded side to save my life, I’m petrified of the wild boar……

Friday, 14 August 2015, 10:22 am
      • ?????? what the hell are you talking about??? Sidewalks are needed on shoal line, especially near the side streets. The comments made by morons are killing this site. These are the type of people we need out of weeki wachee. Please do us all a favor and get your mass a** out of here. Maybe get your drug problem taken care of while your there, see ya.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 3:35 pm
        • Well, all I can say is, you’re just as much of a douche as the junkies. There really is NO need for sidewalks where I am, it’s not like there are any kids that have to walk to bus stops, if there were, sure, we’d need sidewalks.

Saturday, 15 August 2015, 5:01 pm
          • i take it you never walk to the beach or to the store??? No reason to drive everywhere, it does make it safer. And yes there are school bus stops, not to mention a walk after dinner, so yes it was needed and makes shoal line a safer place. If you got your a** out more often and enjoyed the day instead of hiding inside…. again book that flight and be gone, frank is right- lets clean this place up.

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 2:34 pm
  • So much useless trash in this area it’s disgusting !

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:16 am
  • He be in the driveway cooking pies with his baby,lol she aint a crackhead he aint a looser and that oven definitly belongs in the driveway.inbreed dooshbags

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 10:32 pm
  • Don’t worry Javon I expect to see u on the news getting tazed also. Lmao trash sticking up for trash. Go figure.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 10:28 pm
  • Lmfao I work for a living. Never asked the government for **** lmao. Chill out white boy

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:23 pm
  • Y’all are only sayin these things because u havnt been caught for whatever ******* u get up to behind closed doors lol.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:20 pm
  • They’re still police, ****** retard. And because it’s none of your ******* business and affects you in no way what so ever. And also, sagging comes from hand me downs being too big if u actually do some research. Don’t talk unless u know what your talking about. Otherwise you look stupid as s*** lmao

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:15 pm
    • Sagging pants started in prisons to let the other male inmates that they’re “available” So, who’s the stupid sh*t now ????

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:47 pm
    • Awful defensive for someone who knows so much more than anyone else. Why are you so butt hurt? And No… saggy pants are not from “Hand me downs” LMAO that’s too funny. How many 30 yr olds are wearing hand me downs. IT IS A PRISON SIGNAL THAT THEY WANT IT!!! But don’t worry Javon, you will find that out soon enough when YOU go to prison and forget to pull up your hand me downs… LMAO

Friday, 14 August 2015, 9:38 am
  • Javon stfu and go up date your EBT card u looser.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:14 pm
  • Well down here they are deputies so who is the idiot now. Second is if half the story isn’t true why don’t you explain instead of complaining.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:05 pm
  • What kind of POS steals from his own father ??? Good job to everyone involved from the tips to the arrest.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 7:54 pm
  • Another thug that cant pull his pants up.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 7:46 pm
    • HAHAHAHAHAHAHA and I bet he doesn’t even know where THAT “style” originated from. Or, maybe he does and he wants it.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:03 pm
  • hernando police are serious idiots. enough info to put peoples families in jeopardy smh. half of the story is not even true smh. “protect” my a**!!

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 7:38 pm
    • I suppose this is a buddy of yours who would “never do anything like this”. People need to stop defending criminals. If you know half this story is not true, why don’t you set the record straight. Entertain us with your “first hand knowledge”.

Friday, 14 August 2015, 9:32 am
      • It’s his uncle that’s why lmao

Wednesday, 2 August 2017, 3:43 am
  • Another job well done HCSO………. keep up the good work and stay safe out there.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 7:28 pm
  • Life choices….. way to go HCSO

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 6:51 pm
  • Good job law officials…and thanks to the who gave the tip…great team work

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 6:44 pm