Suspect: “Tell your daddy to pull his gun out…” Victim Follows Advice and Shoots

SPRING HILL – On Friday, RNRF broke the news of a possible drive-by shooting that took place on Sand Hill Ave, where the intended victim fired several shots at his attacker.

ORIGINAL REPORT: BREAKING: TARGET IN DRIVE BY SHOOTING FIRES BACK – ARMED SUSPECT POSSIBLY INJURED

Officials released a full report this morning, describing the chain of events that led up the violent encounter.

According to officials, 22-year-old Deontray Gerico Jackson began harassing his estranged girlfriend, Marisol Marty, by sending threatening text messages to her the day of the incident. Jackson stated “I will ruin your life and that’s on God. Don’t stay in that house you guys staying now and I mean it.” He further stated “I gonna smash y’all believe that. I put that on my grave… No more threats see you very soon I promise… Since you said to me she’s not my daughter (referring to Marty being pregnant with Jackson’s child) I literally have nothing to live for so I’m coming all out tell your daddy to pull his gun out because I’m not doing no fight it at all… And I promis you these are not threats I am beyond mad beyond hurt and I literally do nto care no more and I’m going to yell at all because I’m definitely going to make the police shoot me when they see me there and I guarantee you that”.

At 5:04 that evening, 911 operators received a call of shots fired at 11306 Sand Hill Ave. Deputies responded to the scene and made contact with Joseph Marty, Marisol’s father, who said he was standing in his driveway near his vehicle when he was pushed from behind, causing him to strike his head and fall towards the ground. Joseph turned and saw Jackson pointing what appeared to be a firearm at him, so he retrieved a .40 cal handgun from his pocket and pointed it at Jackson. Jackson fled towards a silver Nissan Altima, driven by David Pepe and entered the vehicle. Once inside, Joseph say he pointed the handgun towards him again, prompting Joseph to fire six shots at the passenger side of the vehicle.

Not long after the incident, deputies located the vehicle on Mayberry Road with Pepe behind the wheel but Jackson was nowhere to be found.

Pepe told investigators that he gave Jackson a ride to the residence, where Jackson began removing diapers and other items from the rear seat and placing them in the driveway.

Pepe says Joseph Marisol exited the residence and began firing shots at his Jackson and his vehicle, unprovoked.

Later that evening, Jackson was located and taken into custody without incident. During an interview, Jackson admitted to sending the threatening messages and to having possession of an unloaded BB gun but he says he never pointed the weapon at Joseph. A short time later, Jackson ended the interview and requested an attorney.

Jackson is charged with Aggravated Stalking with Credible Threat and Possession of Cocaine.

He remains behind bars at this time, held without bond.

Jacoisn Shot 9 Shot 3 Shot 1 Shot 5

Comments
  • That father had every right to be armed after threats from that little punk being made to his daughter and unborn grandchild. I’d have shot the little bastard right in the nuts…

Sunday, 26 July 2015, 3:41 pm
    • Boy I see you mf had alot to say sitting behind this damn computer. You guys don’t got nothing going on to be sitting here talking about something you have no clue about. But I’m not here to give you the details. Just simply say and have a nice day. Ya dig

Thursday, 27 April 2017, 2:42 am
  • Thug life, guns ,hoodies, cocaine, jail! U can take them out of the hood but you’ll never take the hood mentality out of them. Hood rats!

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 9:35 pm
  • GarciaR_813✌”not a race thing, it’s our nation period

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 9:14 pm
  • Is that kid in the hoodie the father????? He looks like about 17 years old

Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 12:38 am
    • No Peter that kid with the hoodie is 23 y/o, and he has nothing to do with the mess that Jackson is in, he’s just a friend of a friend

Thursday, 23 July 2015, 9:08 am
  • All u racist ***** can die slow ….u keep screaming about what u would have if most of u where PUT in that situation you’ll shit bricks especially if it was a black man pointing a gun approaching u..if it was a white man from a suburban neighborhood who’d done it you’d be saying “poor kid“ ….stop judging because u are no one to look down upon someone…because he could’ve been your brother or your son or your dad or whom ever who had done the same thing..because he’s African American HE has to be a thug???look up the word thug I’m pretty sure it doesn’t mention a race anywhere close..
    GET REAL…..!!!!!!
    Most of u upscale uncle Toms are the main one doing this crazy ****…u down grade the African-American community about selling drugs and having guns and sagging their pants but it’s your grandkids who are sagging their pants also trying to fit in and be cool…it’s you all who are purchasing the drugs may it be CRACK,COKE,WEED,HEROIN,PAIN KILLERS,ETC…u are the main ones investing your lives into it also…
    PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!!!!!
    And no this comment isn’t pertaining to everyone it’s pertaining to the ignorant individuals who are too blind to see its not a race that’s ***** up its OUR nation period..

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 6:42 pm
  • Amen matt very well spoken.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 5:59 pm
  • I used to take pictures for people to renew or get their concealed weapon permits at a local Walgreens. Don’t ever be as surprised as I was seeing how many spring hill people do, in fact hold permits. Btw if they had called the police over the texts, what would have been done? The victims would be told to go to the courthouse to get paperwork. I think the dad did a great job.

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 2:04 pm
  • Ya…real gangsta….lol…empty bb gun…what a ****** loser…fooo!!!!

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 12:26 am
  • Nothing in this World bothers me more than racism. People Grow Up!
    There are just as many white people that do wrong as the black or Hispanics etc, if you are Perfect and have never committed a crime or a sin than go ahead and judge but you still don’t have that right.
    To Many Haters for a Life that is too Short. Waste that energy on doing something good

Monday, 20 July 2015, 10:18 pm
  • Wait, al says crime is down…..

Monday, 20 July 2015, 10:12 pm
  • Do you know what usually trumps a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun…on his own property…protecting his family…being threatened hours prior.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 9:52 pm
  • Lj you are the problem with this country today…
    “move to a safer neighborhood “? This was a safe neighborhood until all the niggas moved here. Why should we back down just because you want to fit in with them…

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:39 pm
    • FU Don , I fought for this country for 25 years in the service, I would just love to walk around my own yard without having to carry a gun, Kiss my *** you POS, It was almost safer in a war zone, Don’t sit there behind your computer and take my words out of context Eat Sh#t , You don’t know me, or anything about me, keep your f#cking mouth shut

Monday, 20 July 2015, 9:45 pm
  • When are these girls gonna figure out there is no future with these ninjas ?

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:39 pm
  • Having the lawful right to carry and conceal a weapon is one thing. Your life or the lives of others had best be in imminent danger if you draw your weapon and fire it.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:01 pm
  • I thought about this and it still is a very odd story from the father! Jackson knows the father has a gun when he says in the text ( tell your daddy to pull his gun out) and the boy goes to the house with a BB-gun?? The father shoots at the car ? Jackson is pointing a gun at the father and the father pointing his gun at Jackson but it isnt then the father shoots?? Father is closer then and couldnt miss being that close but waits for Jackson to run and get in the car then father shoots 6 times? Hope there was 6 bullet holes in the car because if not where did those bullets go in a populated neighborhood?? I bet Jackson came to the house, started putting stuff on driveway as shown in picture and the father comes out and starts in on Jackson and then pulls out his gun, Jackson runs to car and as car is leaving father lets off the six rounds! Lets bring a BB-gun to a .40 cal gun fight. Who does something this stupid knowing that daddy has a real gun. Fishy fishy story from daddy!! Concealed is consealed, your own property or not! I think this Jackson is a little scumbag punk for sure but pulling the OK CORRAL on the streets of Spring Hill and shooting at someone when running away or driving away is a crime even if the father has a consealed weapons permit ! Your life was in danger when he was in front of you pointing this BB-gun at you and father didnt shoot then??? I dont think it went down that way at all !! Why werent the police called about the text messages? Because daddy was waiting. Then call police after you scared yourself shooting the gun and had to do something to make it all sound that you were in fear of your life. Text is just like talk, thats all it is! I found in my walk through life, that most of the time someone is talking all this shit talking talking talking its the ones that dont talk at all that regularly get the job done and dont take the time talk talk talking or text text texting they just walk up and do what they gotta do. Never saw a job get done just talking about it or texting about it!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 7:23 pm
  • Globalguy your picking on the suspects grammar and insinuating he dropped out of school, to which you have no idea one way or the other. So clearly, your stating you are far more intelligent then him because you yourself finished school. However, your very own grammar is just as bad as his. I quote “As for the baby not knowing who the father is, what’s new.”____the baby it’s still in the mother’s womb because she is pregnant. So of course the baby doesn’t know who the father is. And after what’s new is a question so why the period instead? Maybe an exclamation point might have fit I’m no grammar expert myself but yours is really bad. Don’t judge others whine you don’t even know my friend. You just look ignorant in doing so. Good day!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 6:56 pm
  • Shoot the little prick @ then put your hands up and say DON!T SHOOT. Dam fool. He would be dead if it was my house. EOM.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 6:41 pm
  • Definitely to much about race going on here the bottom line is an emotionally distressed young man suffered a break down due to the most important thing ,family. Or the lack there of. He should be given counseling. Concerning past issues it sounds like poor impulse control and decision making skills. He should be offered help .

Monday, 20 July 2015, 6:09 pm
  • Honestly.. im shocked. I personally went to school with him but was only aqanted. I know he was on the football team and he always seemed to be a nice person. I know he always had a little fight in him but his emotions would always boil and make him upset before it happened.. i never would have thought this. I think he is simply troubled. I dont know so much that he is a terrable person. Im sorry for his ex girlfriend i hope you keep your baby safe. And as for dad. You are a good father protcting your baby girl. I have much respect.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 5:22 pm
  • If threatening texts were sent against your family & you are a responsible gun owner, you’d be a fool to be outside without it. That’s why you have it to protect yourself & your family. Granted he said it was unloaded & a bb gun but clearly he had all intentions of pulling that out to appear as he was going to shoot someone and asking for trouble and knowing her dad had a gun. My opinion is that that kid is lucky her dad isn’t a better shot.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 4:17 pm
  • You can carry a weapon in your yard in the open if not a criminal or threating people nothing they can do.Lj so im in my yard amd I have no right better check laws if I have a gun in my pockect in my yard and no record notta can be done unlike u driving around with your gun are u looking for trouble or coward. Come to my house for a whole day on Deltona amd you would agree, ok now you perfect people can trash my grammer ding ding JAH GUIDE THESE NEMESIS OF MY PREMIS RASTAFARI.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 4:15 pm
    • No Mike, that’s not what I’m saying, do you fell your so threaten in your own yard, on an everyday basis, you grab your gun to go in your own yard, to mow, take out the trash, etc..? You have every right to carry a gun, I’m just asking why you would?, Do you feel that threatened each and everyday, to carry a gun in your yard?, if So, maybe it’s time to move to a safer neighbor hood, I was just making a point. I hope crime isn’t getting that bad that I have to carry a gun, just to put my garbage out, Get it?, it’s easy to understand. I wasn’t talking about driving around. I was answering Tom’s judgement.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 5:35 pm
    • What Mike said! We don’t live far off Deltona and we completely get what you are saying Mike.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 5:54 pm
      • Your all making an agreement into an argument, I agree, it just shouldn’t have come to this!, being unsafe in your own yard!, This shouldn’t be the old west with shoot outs in, on, and around your own property, The sheriff needs to step up on patrols, instead of fund raising through tickets. Enough said

Monday, 20 July 2015, 8:22 pm
  • Just another normal day in “CRIME HILL” Just west of “CROOKSVILLE”

Monday, 20 July 2015, 4:12 pm
  • Warning to the Mooks…..Dont come out here in the Royal Highlands looking for trouble.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 3:50 pm
    • Yes we are armed to the teeth and we will not miss

Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 12:26 pm
  • Did the father of the X girlfriend have a concealed weapons permit?? Not many people I know that live in Spring Hill walk around in the front yard with a weapon, even if there were some text messages sent! I would think if someone pointed a gun at me and gave me time to reach in my pocket to pull out a 40 cal. large pistol and then give me the time to point it at them, I would consider myself very very lucky to still be alive!! Then at this point you would think that the father would have took the time to get behind something or get in the house for cover or to call police when this boy was running to the car but no, he stands there waiting for the boy to point the gun at him again and then puts 6 rounds into the air in a populated neighborhood because I guess his life was not in danger the first time the gun was pointed at him and now it was the second time it was pointed at him? Something sounds very fishy about the fathers story!! Do not get me wrong, this Jackson punk sounds like a piece of shit but that story does sound fishy. If this father does not have a consealed weapons permit then there should be some charges brought against him also!!! We are not in the old west, there could have been other people hurt in this neighborhood !! Were the police called out and shown these text messages so they could have went and questioned this Jackson and then maybe this black head pimple would have gotten popped before all this old west gun fire in the streets of Spring Hill

Monday, 20 July 2015, 2:49 pm
      • This is true But, I have a gun, and a CCP to carry it. But, I don’t work around my own property all day or any given day, and take my gun with me. People in these situations look for and await confrontation. So they make sure they are armed 24/7. If you lived a normal lifestyle you would have no need to walk around your own property armed. “Honey, I’m going to mow the lawn, hand me my gun please” Be real, he carried it to use it.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 3:24 pm
        • I think a person would especially want to be armed at home, it’s not like home invasions never happen.The people I love are in my home, so enter at your own risk.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 5:21 pm
        • Of course he intended to use it. That’s why you have them, to use them, not be paperweights. His home, his family, his own life was threatened. I would carry too, even on my own property in that situation. What is he supposed to do? Stay a prisoner in his own home, barricaded and shaking? Screw that! This boy made threats, he attempted to make good on those threats and was called out for it. I find it disturbing that you would even question his right to defend himself and his own family under the threat of violence when the person who made said threats shows up. I assure you had he shown up at my home making threats he would have met more than one person returning fire. Four out of five people in our home are armed, I will let you figure out which one isn’t.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 5:50 pm
  • Let me guess… Still convinced he is a sweet innocent boy? There is a reason he gets arrested and detained with NO BOND!! He is a THUG!!! I know him personally. He went to school with my kids. This is NOT his first run in with the law, and most have been drug and violence related. Not what do you have to say People?

Monday, 20 July 2015, 2:40 pm
    • Now what** (sorry for the typo)

Monday, 20 July 2015, 2:41 pm
  • Hey Joseph, next time shoot to kill!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 2:18 pm
  • Let me just say this, if ANYONE sent threatening texts to my daughter, then had the balls to show up at the house, I’d shoot him too !!!!!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 2:16 pm
  • PC ir not, do you really need to wear a hoodie when it’s mid 90’s outside or is it a cultural thing? In addition, it’s evident that this guy dropped out of school with the wonderful grammar being utilized. As for the baby without knowing who the father is, what’s new. You can give them the protection but you cannot make them put it on. More welfare for the working folks to pay for.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 1:56 pm
    • AMEN! It is long past time to put the brakes on!

Monday, 20 July 2015, 2:53 pm
    • Why do you think they call each other brothers, Because they never know just who fathered them.

Monday, 20 July 2015, 4:14 pm
  • I pretty sure this was an unsuccessful suicide attempt?

Monday, 20 July 2015, 1:41 pm