Suspect Wanted in Home Invasion Robbery, Officials Warn Local Residents

CITRUS – The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a man suspected of committing a home invasion robbery in the Citrus Hills area, Monday night.

According to officials, around 9-pm the suspect forced his way into a residence near Fresno Ave. and held the victim hostage while he robbed her. The victim was not seriously injured during the robbery, but officials are concerned for the safety of other residents in Citrus Hills.

The suspect is described as an olive skinned male, 20-30 years old, 140-150 lbs., short dark brown hair, and a well-groomed short beard. The suspect was wearing a dark colored sweatshirt and shorts.

Officials are asking residents in the Citrus Hills to be on the lookout and keep all windows and doors locked.

Sketch of home invasion suspect.

Sketch of home invasion suspect.

Comments
  • People suck. Get a job and buy your own . Hope he gets caught becore he does another one

Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 9:43 pm
  • I live in Brooksville (DaMac estates area). A rentor moved in 2-3 months ago that resembles the sketch. Maybe sherriff’s office should check campbell, canal & carol dr. areas. Article does not state height. If it’s not the suspect here it sure resembles him. Maybe a relative.

Thursday, 13 October 2016, 1:35 am
  • There should be an explaination as to where is Citrus Hills?

Wednesday, 12 October 2016, 9:03 pm
    • It’s a development in the middle of Citrus County, 35 miles north of Spring Hill.

Thursday, 13 October 2016, 9:40 am
  • I don’t know if it helps at all, but his description and picture sort of looks like a vagrant I saw about a year ago on the intersection of Cortez and Mariner. I made eye contact with him, he approached my car and became very irate with me, when I apologized to him for not having any money to give. He had nice teeth, dressed in clean clothen, and had the olive complexion, if I were to guess I would say young twenties. He did not have the beard though, it could be entirely unrelated. The level of entitlement, and outrage was remarkable with this guy so I would not put it past him for breaking into homes. When I saw the face though, I immediately thought of that guy. Perhaps look for some panhandlers in the area.

I couldn’t tell you more than that, because it has been a while and thankfully our interaction did not last more than half a minute.

Wednesday, 12 October 2016, 9:03 pm
  • Oh boy.
    Can’t wait to see the comments on this one!

Wednesday, 12 October 2016, 8:41 pm