Two-Vehicle Crash Near Weeki Wachee High School Kills One

UPDATE 8/15/2018, 7:07 P.M. – The victim’s family has asked that we provide the following funeral information to the public. CLICK HERE

UPDATE: 8:00 P.M. – Earlier reports that a 17-year-old was injured is incorrect. The Florida Highway Patrol has released the following information regarding today’s crash.

According to reports, 20-year-old Erik William Hoxie was driving an Acura Integra southbound on Commercial Way, while 71-year-old Raymond Magliono was traveling northbound in a Chevrolet Silverado. Hoxie attempted to make a left turn into Weeki Wachee High School and was struck by Magliano’s pickup truck. Hoxie was airlifted to Bayonet Point Hospital where he later died from his injuries. Maglaino only suffered minor injuries but his wife Stella Magliano was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital with serious injuries.

UPDATE: 4:57 P.M. – One person has died from their injuries. Officials have not released the indentification of the deceased.

WEEKI WACHEE – At least two people suffered serious injuries in a two-vehicle crash in front of Weeki Wachee High School on Commercial Way.

There are unconfirmed reports that a 17-year-old is among the injured and has been airlifted to a trauma center for treatment.

A second patient also suffered traumatic injuries and has been transported to Bayonet Point Hospital by ground.

There is substantial road blockage in the northbound lanes of Commercial Way at this time.

The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of the crash.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, redistributed. ™2013 – 2018 RNRF Incorporated

Comments
  • What’s a 20 yo doing going into WWHS? Prayers to his family.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 8:49 pm
  • It’s better to not pay attention to the rude things being said, but to show our respect to a very great soul that has passed on. Screaming R I P to you Erik

Tuesday, 14 August 2018, 3:28 am
  • Jeanine Luizzi, absolutely 100% spot-on very very well said, couldn’t for the life of me if I tried come up with a way to put it better than you just did you just dropped the big gavel of Truth!!!!! And yes I second that…… may the Lord wrap his loving arms around this young man and everyone who knew him family friends Etc AMEN!!!

Monday, 13 August 2018, 12:41 pm
  • Wtf is wrong with people a young life was taking way to early let his family and friends grieve for peace sakes. Never judge cause you never know when its your turn to go and by blaming it on speeding on the phone etc. its not gonna make him come back. What if it was your child how would you feel? And dont say your kid would never do something cause we as parents cant control there every move. So please if you cant say anything postive dont comment. RIP Erik and may the good lord wrap your loving arms around family and friends to give them strength and comfort in due time 😢😢😢

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 10:51 pm
  • 🙏 I can’t even imagine what the family going through. Lots of prayers

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 5:50 pm
  • May god bless all of them….
    My prayers to all of them.

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 8:18 am
  • Prayers to all. Very sad for the loss of this young life.

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 5:36 am
  • Sending prayers to all involved

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 4:48 pm
    • Useless

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 8:47 pm
      • Yes, but it makes the prayerer feel better, and that’s good.

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 7:11 am
      • At a sad time like this, comforting words are a plus. Why make a snarky comment ?

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 9:57 am
  • Everyone needs to stop blaming it on being on the phone. Nobody knows the circumstances that occur in these accidents and just because you yourself haven’t had an accident doesn’t mean anything. People are so quick to point fingers instead of asking what they can do to help. Say a prayer instead of something crappy.

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 4:20 pm
    • Right! Well,said! Prayers for these individuals and their families!

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 5:10 pm
    • If he was paying attention and or wasn’t distracted than why did this young man die

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 6:08 pm
  • I just drove past the site of that accident just moments ago just as in the pictures definitely horrific looking prayers to those involved very sad and to think that there’s the warning lights that flash well ahead of the school letting one know if there is to be a red light or not or light is going to change rather how very sad let us pray folks for those involved, OMG oh my God I hope all involved were wearing their seatbelts what I just saw was horrific again let us pray and Hope that they are only minor injuries

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 2:22 pm
  • Prayers for all..

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 2:16 pm
  • Its called slow the F down and get off the phone people. I have been driving for over 33 years without even a fender bender. These drivers today scare the hell out of me. Changing lanes 10 times a mile and hauling ass to get to the next stop light

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 2:10 pm
    • My friends could be dead, have some respect

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 3:30 pm
      • Praying for your friends 🙏🙏

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 3:44 pm
      • How on earth with a light there did this happen? I’m so sorry about your friends

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 4:10 pm
      • Your friends can’t get distracted

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 6:11 pm
    • I totally agree with you!!! I traded in a wonderful VW Cabrio convertible on a Chevy Silverado a couple of years ago. Why? Because the drivers around here are crazy…on the phone, texting, drugs, drinking. I even saw a guy on a motorcycle, ear buds in the ears, on his phone, “driving” with one hand! No wonder so many people are driving trucks, now. They chose to live!

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 4:40 pm
    • Well said Charlie. I also get angry when I see these knuckleheads driving with a dog on their lap. WTF. My daughter is learning to drive phone goes in the trunk, radio off, its called concentrate on the flipping road.

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 8:40 pm
    • DITTO!! No wonder insurance rates are through the roof! I found out a while back, the amount of car insurance you pay is based upon the zipcode of where you live. Some cities/counties have very high rates of accidents. And if you live in those areas, your ins. premium can double what you would pay elsewhere. This is soo out of hand here in Hernando and Pasco Counties….it’s unbelievable!
      Time to move back out of state…smdh.

Sunday, 12 August 2018, 5:34 am
  • SPEED SPEED SPEED …Let’s SLOW DOWN and pay attention ….

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 2:07 pm
  • Omg…its just a normal every day thing here I guess?! Prayers to all…

Saturday, 11 August 2018, 1:38 pm