Teen Arrested After Scaring Driver with Realistic Handgun, Suspect Wore Mask and Hoodie

SPRING HILL – A local Daycare was placed on temporary lock down Friday,  after a man was threatened with what appeared to be a large caliber revolver by a masked assailant.

According to officials, the victim claims he was traveling on Landover Blvd near Alcan Ave, when the suspect stepped into the roadway, wearing a mask and hoodie. The victim was forced to stop and honk his horn, which resulted in the suspect pulling the a simulated revolver from his waistband. In fear that he might be shot, the victim drove to a safe location and called 911.

Several heavily armed deputies responded and began searching a nearby wooded area where witnesses say he may have fled. After a brief search, the suspect was taken into custody without incident.

Deputies soon learned that the suspect was a juvenile in possession of airsoft gun that resembles a real gun.Due to the victim’s testimony, the 17-year-old suspect was charged with Aggravated Assault, Disorderly Conduct, and Wearing a Mask in Public. Anyone over the age of 16 is prohibited from wearing a mask in public, according to state law.

The suspect claims he was just reloading a CO2 cylinder when he displayed the gun.

Due to his age, the suspect was turned over to his parents after being charged.

Just hours before this incident, a bank robbery suspect was shot to death in Brooksville after threatening to kill an alleged hostage. (FULL REPORT)

Comments
  • Turned over to his parents are you kidding me i would have ran the over then call his parents

Wednesday, 27 September 2017, 10:20 pm
  • play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Wednesday, 27 September 2017, 12:29 am
  • How’s it feel to have a very inaccurate news report Tom? Next time you try to report “Real News” make sure you get your facts straight. The rest of you people have no right to talk either, don’t act like you’re prefect people cause I bet half of you do worse things than this inaccurate news report! 🙂

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 5:58 pm
    • Obviously your jealous of tom and what he does..if there is any discrepancies in any of his reports he is always quick to fix them.. And furthermore nobody on here is claiming to be perfect.. We’re simply stating our opionion on a matter. Ill be the first to say ive done alot of dumb shit when i was a kid…hell even into adulthood..BUT my stupidity never made the news. I believe what tom does is a great service to our area. Ive seen reports on RNRF that the bigger news stations felt they weren’t important enough to report on. Thanks tom ! And to all of RNRF!

Thursday, 28 September 2017, 7:36 am
  • Stupid little snot nosed brat. Doing something like that is a good way to get yourself shot, either by an armed citizen or the police.

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 9:36 am
  • This is a “mistake” an 8 year old might make not a 17 year old. Something seriously wrong with this young man.

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 8:48 am
  • Another day, another dumb (17-year-old) and dumber (parents) moment in Hernando County. I wonder…did the parents really want him back?!!

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 6:43 am
  • I have to wonder what the damn charge would have been if that was a judge or an off duty cop he pointed that gun at? Just bettin that he would not have ‘been handed back over’ to mommy and daddy. Just sayin…

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 2:37 am
  • Kids REALLY need to think before they do. If that was me he tried this on he wouldn’t be going home to his parents. I carry for protection . And in that situation i wouldn’t be able to tell that that is an air soft gun.Would’ve been a sad day for some dumb kids parents.

Monday, 25 September 2017, 11:39 pm
  • Parents must be proud.
    Likely a school drop-out

Monday, 25 September 2017, 10:46 pm
    • I guess hypocrisy runs through your genes kid! 🙂

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 6:01 pm
  • I would have just run him over, THEN, called 911. That stinking brat needs to be put in jail with the big boys, who will be only too happy to teach him a lesson (about being someone’s wife).

Monday, 25 September 2017, 8:12 pm
    • I bet you know that well now don’t you! 🙂

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 6:02 pm
  • Kids do stupid things, not thinking about the consequences.He’s lucky he wasn’t run over because that would have been my reaction. Having a gun pointed at me I think I would have put my foot on the gas pedal and drove right into him. I can’t imagine how the driver must have felt.

Monday, 25 September 2017, 6:17 pm
  • I hope this kid sees what he did wrong. He is one lucky guy…this time

Monday, 25 September 2017, 6:03 pm
  • First off …..that gun looks way 2 real. I thought all “fake” guns needed an orange tip? That poor man!! What would he have been charged with if he floored his car and ran over teen in fear for his life? I bet he wouldn’t have been turned over to his parent’s. Hernando county SUCKS. They protect the WRONG ppl alk the time. That STUPID kid needed to spend even a few days in jail to really realize what could have happen. To the victim hope your ok

Monday, 25 September 2017, 5:30 pm
    • It’s not the sheriffs office that makes the decision for the kid to go back to their parents

Monday, 25 September 2017, 6:18 pm
  • 2 bad the victim didn’t have the real thing and take this idiot out, what a dumb

Monday, 25 September 2017, 4:45 pm
    • I’d have hit the gas and taken him out that way.

Monday, 25 September 2017, 6:31 pm
  • Tom, that’s a B.B. gun, not an air soft gun.

Monday, 25 September 2017, 4:30 pm
  • Wearing a mask and a hoodie ( in the Florida heat) and carrying what appeared to be a gun, and YET HE WAS RELEASED TO HIS PARENTS??? Lucky he wasn’t shot and killed, if he hasn’t learned at 17, he won’t learn at 20+ Good parenting, ( not) unless he is just a fruit loop., in which case his parents should get him help!! No sympathy here, just for the other person who feared for his life. DaMN where do these idiots come from.??

Monday, 25 September 2017, 4:20 pm
  • shoot’em…ask questions later….

Monday, 25 September 2017, 4:16 pm
  • STUPID A$$HOLE. Charge this schmuck with attempted murder.

Monday, 25 September 2017, 3:40 pm
    • That would never hold up in court because there is no possible way he could have tried to murder anyone. He does however need to face very serious charges, and he’s very lucky that he didn’t pull this crap on someone armed or who would have run him over. They would have been justified in doing so under stand your ground.

Monday, 25 September 2017, 7:57 pm