Teen Dies in Hit and Run Crash, Leaves Behind Newborn Daughter

HUDSON – A late night hit and run claimed the life of a teenager, after he was struck by a pickup truck in the area of Bolton Ave and Omaha Street.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, 19-year-old Tyler Michael Sheeks was walking westbound in the westbound lane of Bolton Ave when he was struck by a gray Ford F150. Sheeks suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. The driver of the pickup truck fled the scene and has not been located.

A friend says Tyler was just walking to see his girlfriend and 2-month old daughter when he was struck and killed.

Officials are asking anyone with information regarding this case to contact the Florida Highway Patrol at 813-631-4020 or call Crime Stoppers.

UPDATE: The family has provided a link to their Gofundme page to help with Tyler Sheeks’ family. https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-the-family-of-tyler-sheeks

Comments
  • So sad I pray for the family and his baby and girlfriend they find peace in their hearts! I live in the area and I know that street is very dark! And people drive so fast it’s ridiculous! Whoever hit him will pay for what he has done one way another it will come back to him!I hope he gets alot of time in prison because of this idiot alot of people have lost this young man and now a baby has to grow up never knowing her father! 💔 I have two boys and one is a father and I can’t imagine the heartbreak this whole family is dealing with ! R.I.P Tyler and peace be with all the family 🙂

Tuesday, 24 October 2017, 7:07 pm
  • Sorry for your loss.may he RIP

Monday, 23 October 2017, 11:34 pm
  • So sorry for your loss.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 11:33 pm
  • let this be a reminder to all parents…Teach your child to walk against traffic and always wear bright clothing after dark.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 7:41 am
    • I’m sorry Amy I’m not trying to be disrespectful in anyway but I’m a cousin to the girls who’s brother died and I feel like what you said was very inappropriate. You don’t know all the details, I don’t know all the details but I sure do know we don’t know if he wasn’t wearing bright close and what you said was very inappropriate to say after this wonderful man died.
      I hope you have a wonderful day.

Saturday, 9 December 2017, 10:10 pm
      • *clothes*

Saturday, 9 December 2017, 10:14 pm
  • What’s with people that drive pickups trucks. Their either speeding or tailgating you, Take your pick.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 6:23 pm
  • The person who hit this young man should turn themselves in immediately.How sad…

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 3:55 pm
  • “Death is Forever” is a POS Troll taking a break from 4chan and looking to stir the pot because it satisfies his otherwise voiceless and pathetic existence.

He/she wouldn’t be saying these things if they weren’t anonymous. People like that are what’s wrong with our world right now.

Say something compassionate. Say something helpful or simply don’t say ANYTHING at all. Most of us learned the concept in kindergarten, “If you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.”

SMH, WTF is wrong with people?

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 3:27 pm
    • I hate trolls, Its ashame the only way you know to communicate is by name calling. When you can talk without name calling I will be happy to respond.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 8:21 am
  • Sad is not the word. May he RIP..
    PRAYERS for the family…

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 6:03 am
  • Prayers for the family. It must be so hard.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 8:46 pm
  • Hey death is forever it appears to me that you have not one ounce of compassion or feelings to put a post after young man has died and left a baby and a girlfriend behind you are the most inconsiderate individual I think I’ve ever read a post from I’m going to say prayers to his family but you also need prayers

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 8:07 pm
    • they are trying 2 find the person who killed him, so maybe you should have some compassion because the person who hit just left him 2 die.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 4:51 pm
  • Wow, shameful this person needs to turn themselves in. The family’s are in my thoughts and prayers

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 7:55 pm
  • Prayers going out to his whole family 💔May God hold them and keep them during this difficult time ❤

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 6:19 pm
  • If they would make it a mandatory 25 years for hitting and run it would stop . Most of these people are either drunk or have no driver license or on drugs

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 5:01 pm
    • I agree. I couldn’t ever imagine just being able to flee the scene after hitting someone. My utmost condolences go to the family. I will pray that the driver is found or decides to come forth.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 9:55 am
  • I’ve knowing tyler for a long time since he was 11. He was like a lil brother to me and it kills me to no that this happen in I’m 900 miles away. If there is will there is a way they will find who did this and suffer.. prayers sent.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 3:29 pm
  • At least he got to see his baby born. Sympathies to all.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 3:23 pm
  • ANY OTHER INFO ON THE VEHICLE NEWER MODEL OR OLDER MODEL F150?

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 2:22 pm
  • Was on Live PD last night, said it was a fatality and went to another scene

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 1:25 pm
  • Pedestrians should always be alert. Doesn’t matter who is at fault if you’re dead. Walking at night. If he wore dark clothes visiablity would be nearly impossible.
    Let me guess what’s coming next, a go fund me account to beg for money. I dont dislike donors so If you want to donate, send the money directly to the family.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 1:03 pm
    • Have some damn compassion 🙏
      May he Rest In Peace . I will donate to go fund me . Prayers for the family ✝️

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 1:53 pm
    • I live on a dark stree with no street lights on it and peoe wear dark cloths all the time and walk the street. The driver should allways be alert of the possibility of someone walking unless they were drug or high on meth.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 3:33 pm
      • First I’m sorry where you live you need to watch for people walking under the influence of something. Secondly, I agree drivers need to pay attention.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 7:13 pm
    • Heartless. Absolutely heartless.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 4:34 pm
      • Heartless? I made a statement about being visible and another one about begging on gofundme.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 7:22 pm
        • Go away Troll… this is no place for people who lack empathy. Go back to 4chan and scream into the ether with the rest of your Pepe loving brethren about all the people you hate.

Seriously, is NOTHING sacred anymore?

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 2:12 pm
          • I hate trolls, why is your way right? I have yet to say anything negative about Tyler. So if name calling makes you feel better than call me anything you would like. It will not change anything.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 6:33 pm
    • What an attitude……..there is no doubt that the Family or friends of the Family will be putting up a GoFundMe account for the young mans’ Family………I would donate to something like this but I would make the donation to a bank account that has been set up by the bank and not GoFundMe because GoFundMe does take a percentage of any monies that are donated. A lot of people that do not know that so if you’re going to donate try to get info about a bank that is doing the collecting for the Family….TOM….do you think you could find out that information in the near future????

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 5:20 pm
      • A bank account is better than a go fund me account. Go fund me is for beggars.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 7:17 pm
        • I am a bit offended of your posts. I am this child’s Aunt. His mother is my sister. How dare you call ANYONE beggars for doing “Go Fund Me” pages for deceased people. Have you ever buried anyone? Do you know how expensive it is? This is an unexpected tragedy for my Family and you have the GULL to put down Go Fund Me pages for people ASKING for a step up to help bury a loved one last minute. SERIOUSLY? I mean c’mon, SERIOUSLY? Are you THAT heartless of a person? It makes me think you yourself has never lost anyone suddenly near and dear to you. Last time I checked you are never being forced to donate. And if you think they are bull shit, I hope you have THOUSANDS of dollars set aside for when you lose a loved one tragically. And good for you for making enough money to save that kind of cash. How dare you judge people you do not know. And I honestly do not know IF we will do a Go Fund Me to help offset some of the expense. You know what, you come talk to me when you, as a Parent or Grandparent, has to bury your child or Grandchild and see if you are singing the same tune.

I swear, some people have no compassion at all. THAT is what is wrong with this world. What the heck ever happened to, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all.”

Oh wait, the internet happened and now everyone can hide behind a name like a coward and say disrespectful crap and blurt out disrespectful opinions because they can remain anonymous. Coward is what I say. That is all you are and ever will be, a COWARD.

Thank you, I have said my piece. I wash the filth of you as a human being off of me. May you be blessed to never have to experience this. SO MOTE IT BE!

For those of you sending your well wishes to the Family, Thank you. And may you all be blessed also to never have this happen. SO MOTE IT BE!

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 4:49 am
          • Kim, it’s amazing how you read the words you want. Yes I believe the use of gofundme is for beggars. However I also said I believe people can donate directly to the family. I have buried family members. Funerals are expensive. We used a bank loan to pay for it and spent the next 2 years paying it off. So yes I know how expensive it is. As far as saving, everyone should save something. You never know when an emergency will happen. If you’re not willing to save then you buy insurance. You bring up “what heck ever happened to……” I say the same what happened to paying your own way by working hard and being responsible. Maybe your nephew’s employer provided insurance? Are his fellow co-workers collecting direct donations?

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 11:26 am
          • May God Bless you & your family. That was terrible of that person to be so heartless & ignorant. Don’t pay attention to people like that that. No compassion at all. Prayere for his baby and GF.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 11:35 am
    • Why even bother to comment? How very heartless.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 7:23 pm
    • The fact that a shift of blame is even remotely being presented here, is just completely ridiculous. He wasn’t in the middle of the road, and even if he was, the driver is still solely responsible. You can’t afford to not be cautious when driving down a street with NO street lights. High beams and speed limits are a thing for a reason. He was hit so hard, he was thrown into someone’s yard. So cut that “pedestrians should be cautious” shit. My family is in mourning and the last thing we need is some heartless bastard shifting the blame here.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 10:42 pm
      • Hunter, I did not shift the blame. What I said was pedestrians should take their safety in their own hands. A person vs a vehicle will never end well for the person. Bottom line is the vehicle driver will be fine at the end of day while the pedestrian gets the short end, in this case the short end was death.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 11:31 am
        • Leave the comments in your mouth. Leave from commenting! You are heartless & ignorant. People like you make me sick. Think, THINK before you speak!

Monday, 23 October 2017, 11:38 am
    • Nothing justifies leaving someone lay dead after you’ve hit them. No matter what the situation – anyone who commits a hit and run deserves nothing but to burn in hell . How could you just drive away knowing you may have just taken a life . And hey “death is forever” – how about you stop speaking so ill of the family – especially about them possibly creating a fundraising account to deal with this tragedy! Rest In Peace Tyler . May prayers be with his family and especially with his newly born daughter .

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:56 pm
    • You are heartless!

Monday, 23 October 2017, 11:30 am
  • I rarely comment on stuff on the internet but if someone knows anything about who did this you really need to say something what if it was your child and he was a new father at that. The person who did it seriously may not have known at the time the extent of the damage he or she caused so dont condemn them though they will live in their own hell.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 12:01 pm
    • I worked in the court system and you would be shocked at how little remorse these criminals have. Usually they are only sorry they got caught. Good people would stop even if they hit a little animal. I literally saw true remorse about 5% of the time in death or serious bodily injury cases. One defendant (who killed a pedestrian) actually said “if she hadn’t been fat she could have jumped out of my way”. Another I heard told the judge that he couldn’t understand why everyone expected him to feel sorry because he didn’t even know they man he killed. Scary people out there.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 2:21 pm
  • Prayers for the family. RIP Tyler

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:53 am
  • Many prayers going to this young man and his family!

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:37 am
  • Can we find out if it was a newer Ford F150 or an older one ? Damage ? any missing parts maybe ?

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:31 am