Teen Suffers Traumatic Injuries After Struck by Vehicle – UPDATE

SPRING HILL – Moments after receiving word of the deadly school bus crash on Cortez Blvd, RNRF received reports of a pedestrian involved crash on Spring Hill Drive and Deering Ave.

An official report has not been released but according to our sources, a 14-year-old boy was struck by a SUV at that intersection, causing traumatic injuries. The victim was airlifted to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa, where his condition remains unknown.

The accident remains under investigation.

UPDATE: According to officials, 47-year-old Luz Sheehan was attempting a make a right turn from Deering Ave, onto Spring Hill Drive eastbound, after stopping at that intersection.

The 14-year-old victim was riding his bike westbound, when he pulled into the path of Sheehan’s vehicle, and was subsequently struck and run over.

The victim, whose identity we are no releasing, is in serious condition, according to officials.

Charges are pending…

Bike 1 Bike 2 Bike 3 Bike 4

Comments
  • The boy in this accident was finally released from the hospital late last night and is home! Thank you all for your continued prayers!

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 9:56 am
  • No she was not charged or at fault

Tuesday, 5 May 2015, 11:09 am
  • Tom Lemons – The article doesn’t give specifics of who was at fault or
    if the woman was charged with any wrong doing? Was she at fault or charged???

Monday, 4 May 2015, 1:06 pm
  • Tom Lemons – Has there been an ‘official’ report on this tragic accident yet???
    I pray this child has a speedy recovery!

Monday, 4 May 2015, 5:27 am
  • My prayers for Sheamus and his family. The brain is an incredible organ and it has great resilience. Sounds like not only will Sheamus life be changed temporarily, if not forever, so will his friends and families lives be changed. It’s a confusing time for everyone. Research the brain and learn all that you can. Ask the doctors lots of questions..but don’t expect to get the answers from them. Say lots of prayers and believe in the power of prayer. My name is Tina. I have a traumatic brain injury, a TBI . I facilitate a TBI support group here in Hernando County. We are on face book , TBI of Hernando County.

It’s a long road to recovery…if there is anything we can do to help, please get in touch with us. We meet once a month, the third Tuesday of every month at Bayfront Brooksville Hospital , from 3-5 in the Medical Arts Building/Enrichment Center. If you need to speak to someone this is our number 352-556-5516, just leave a message and we’ll get back with you. Say your prayers…Sheamus will pull through, he may just be a bit different.

T…)

Saturday, 2 May 2015, 10:41 pm
  • Sal I know how you feel he’s been my best friend for three years and I had the same idea Sheamus is strong and I know he will pull through although he will have a long recovery.

Saturday, 2 May 2015, 10:26 pm
  • My best friend who got hit his name Sheamus and he’s not doing well he is in ICU and has 2 Broken Knees, Fractured skull, Internal bleeding in his brian and some blood clots, broken ribs and more and I will be visiting him the day he gets out of ICU

Saturday, 2 May 2015, 4:21 pm
  • i hope he recovers well this is crazy…..hes in my classes. wish his family & him well

Friday, 1 May 2015, 8:52 pm
  • He is still in serious condition, please continue to pray for our family & expecially for my cousin who was the one who was ran over. He has a very long road to recovery but is a strong young man & we have faith he will be okay. Thank u all for the prayers 🙂

Friday, 1 May 2015, 7:52 pm
  • Has anybody heard how the boy is doing. All my prayers to him and his family.

Friday, 1 May 2015, 9:00 am
    • He was just released from the hospital last night, finally.

Wednesday, 6 May 2015, 9:56 am
  • Prayers

Friday, 1 May 2015, 8:11 am
  • Eric and Sal, could you let his mom know that I was holding his hand the entire time until the ambulance got there and I tried to soothe him and keep him calm. Let her know that I continue to keep him in my prayers and thoughts all day and night. If there is anything I can do at all to help the family tell them do not hesitate to contact me here. Continued prayers and love being sent their way.

Friday, 1 May 2015, 7:38 am
  • Bicyclist and pedestrians have the right of was at crossings. Daily I observe drivers that don’t come to a stop before they approach an intersection. I’m not implying that this was the case here, but I do know that this accounts for a large number of accident in this county as well as others. My prayers go out to this young man, and his family and friends.

Friday, 1 May 2015, 12:14 am
  • Hang in there bro you can do it

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 11:09 pm
  • It all comes down to the other person driving thr car. Too many drivers that don’t drive well don’t stop at Stop signs. This is my sons friend. We are all praying for him.

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 7:03 pm
  • That’s one of my best friends and I know him well

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 4:54 pm
  • If she is on Deering, turning right (east) onto SpringHill drive and the bicycle is going west, how could she have hit the bicycle? I thought bikes had to act as motor vehicles and ride with traffic, not against it? I sure hope the child makes a speedy recovery regardless of who is at fault.

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 4:30 pm
  • God people a little child is fighting for his life and I see you guys arguing pray for this kid

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 3:59 pm
    • I don’t see anyone arguing, am I going blind or what???

Friday, 1 May 2015, 2:30 am
  • That’s what the person behind her said and other people said who where there and seen it happen. It’s just crazy how people can assume something and not even be there. And I was there and talked to the other people.

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 2:52 pm
  • I rode with him almost everyday, and while a helmet probably would not have helped Im positive the woman did not stop, as most people do not. I have been in a couple close calls myself for the same reason. Stop signs are in place for a reason and they must be obeyed as it can ruin and take someone’s life. stop completely and make sure the road is clear at stop signs!

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 2:46 pm
  • Oh Todd you were there? I don’t see your name mentioned in the article. They must have missed that

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 11:35 am
  • The women did stop and look don’t spread rumors if you don’t know or were not there

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 11:02 am
    • Todd – That was only what the woman told police!
      That doesn’t mean it was true!!!!

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 2:42 pm
  • Praying for all those involved in this terrible accident.

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 10:44 am
  • I feel sorry for the boy his family and the driver of the car, Life can change in an instant..

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 10:19 am
  • A Helmet would not have helped the boyin this crash.
    I’m not so sure it’s the boys fault. I’m thinking the woman did not stop and look correctly.

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 6:45 am
    • I didn’t say a helmet would’ve helped in this crash.
      It was a plea to parents to help keep our kids safer. 🙂

And I agree, I’m not so sure it was the boys fault either!
      I also noticed that the update says “charges pending”..

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 2:36 pm
    • Doesn’t sound like his fault to me. Having been a pedestrian for most all my life here I’ve witnessed plenty impatient drivers who just don’t care about us/even look to see where we’re going or obey right of way rules. Sorry to hear about this situation. 🙁

Saturday, 2 May 2015, 1:44 am
  • He is still in the hospital and they are working on his injuries. He has some bleeding on the brain, broken ribs, and other injuries. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 6:24 am
  • Thank you, Tom.

Thursday, 30 April 2015, 12:03 am
  • Tom Lemons – Was the boy wearing a helmet?? I didn’t see one in the pictures..
    To ALL PARENTS, please MAKE your kids wear helmets when riding bicycles!!

Wednesday, 29 April 2015, 11:37 pm
  • Sending prayers

Wednesday, 29 April 2015, 10:25 pm
  • Sending prayers

Wednesday, 29 April 2015, 8:18 pm
  • Prayers to this young boy & his family.

Wednesday, 29 April 2015, 8:17 pm