The Elusive “Doctor” Anthony David Wanted Again

SPRING HILL – For several years, the infamous “Dr.” Anthony James David has made local and national headlines; most notably, for pretending to work as a Doctor at Tampa General Hospital. David spent nearly three years behind bars for Practicing Medicine without a License, among other charges, and has been in and out of prison, more recently, for economic crime convictions.

Last year, Investigators with the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office arrested David on numerous Fraud charges, which included fraudulent use of credit cards and passing forged documents. Currently, there are no public records available on those cases; however, we have received information that David has failed to appear for court hearings and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

Recently, RNRF received an anonymous tip that David may be staying with a girlfriend, at a residence inside Trillium Subdivision. We tried to make contact with David at the residence but we were too late – David allegedly left town earlier that day. The following day, we received information that David possibly fled to New York but that has not been confirmed.

One of David’s more recent victims tells RNRF that David wrote her a bad check for cleaning services she provided at his home. There were several other victims who contacted RNRF, claiming that David used fraudulent credit cards at their businesses, in just the last few months.

We contacted the Sheriff’s Office regarding David’s case but we have not received a call back from Detectives.

At this time, David does have an active warrant for Failure to Appear but there may be additional warrants for his arrest.
If you have information on the whereabouts of Anthony James David, contact the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office at 352-754-6830.

David 1

Comments
  • Really Kevin he never hurt anyone with his lies and deceit??? He was involved in many relationships where the girls had children. he would but them gifts with lies and used other peoples credit cards. How can you say he didn’t hurt anyone?? You are correct when you say he needs help yes he does but to say he didn’t hurt anyone is just wrong. Women who fell in love with him and then to find out he was a fake. He may not of had malicious intentions But he did hurt people and he had to know he was lying about who he is or was. He stole peoples money and credit.

Wednesday, 13 April 2016, 2:05 pm
  • Anthony is generally a good guy.. I had the pleasure of growing up with him. He just has a few issues he needs to deal with stemming from psychological/genetic problems. He comes from a good family but, his fathers side has some ‘psych’ issues that unfortunately Anthony, was apprised of. Don’t lash out at him.. Pray for him and keep him in your thoughts. Remember: he never actually harmed anyone and never once had malicious intentions. He just had a; for lack of better terms: “mid life crisis” if you will. I have seen much worse cases and far much more malicious criminal behavior. ????

Tuesday, 12 April 2016, 6:54 pm
  • Who cares what he is driving . This story has your head spinning with a lot of he said she said it says. Who cares!

Saturday, 20 February 2016, 8:20 pm
  • Blue cars his dad’s Julie.

Saturday, 20 February 2016, 5:19 pm
  • He drives a black Honda , so whoever put blue car your info is wrong . Let’s stop caring about this story. It’s old. But wanted to clarify car and tag it’s not accurate joe.

Saturday, 20 February 2016, 2:50 pm
  • You can find him in the jewish section of NYC…

Friday, 19 February 2016, 6:30 pm
  • His vehicle is a blue Hyundai plate number Bklw31

Friday, 19 February 2016, 6:26 pm
  • Melissa Ann Franz proud veteran . Think she is the one working at the school . We have to deal with her a few years ago as she pulled this stunt on her ex. She has to move around a bunch due to the staff figuring it out. Thanks us teacher know.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 2:15 am
  • Who the hell is who…….

Friday, 19 February 2016, 12:32 am
  • Holy Crap, this entire lot of comments has my friggin head spinning. Who the hell I who? Damn lmao, SMH.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 12:31 am
  • Anyone know what his vehicle looks like. A detailed description on here would be great.. Hes probably still in town..

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 11:56 pm
  • Sue I think your name got thrown in by accident.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 11:52 pm
  • This guy is bipolar. He’s numerous people on here and he jumps around in his sentencing. He needs to be locked up in a mental ward. How do you get a job at Oak Hill Hospital with this kind of a background? Does anyone find it odd that every part of his name is a first name..He has the name of three people and he has at least three personalities from his typing on here…

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 11:49 pm
  • Excuse me Anthonyisathief,please don’t include me in the group of names .I would not be associated with him if my life depended on it .I was clearly sticking up for Melissa who is being bashed by him as well .
    To me he is nothing and not worth my typing ,but I will stand up for someone who has done nothing wrong but been taken by someone who knows how to manipulate any situation to benefit himself and then turn around and blame her for it all .He doesn’t even deserve the attention he is getting through all of this .We are all wasting our time on this person who is a complete waste !! Anthony James David needs to keep to himself and stop ruining people’s lives !

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 8:41 pm
  • Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!?

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 7:52 pm
  • Now he’s Michelle, sue, jen but no Lisa. Come on tuff guy. I want to hear from Lisa. Your starting to only comment to yourself and me. I think everyone has figured you out.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 6:42 pm
  • Some people like free things as it was expressed in earlier topics. We know her in the school she always wants the best , but wants it at someone else’s expense sue! Come on we been in school system she has bounced around schools cause of her ex having to keep her away at our school. Let’s be real about Melissa all about getting herself stuff.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 6:27 pm
  • There is nothing to bash here sue! We saw her together with this guy in target a week ago. So maybe you don’t have your information together.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 6:17 pm
  • She must feel bad to express her sorrows. Maybe you should of treated your ex husband better we know here at the school about you Melissa.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 6:14 pm
  • They said she is too lazy to clean her house , must be a piece of work. They did say Melissa you must not be able to read. She is trying to cover up all her stuff. As her friends have stated she is lazy and likes nice things. Poor school that our kids have to attend to have this lady feeding or cleaning or whatever she does. She can’t clean house so must be real dirty guess that is why she is the way she is.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 6:12 pm
  • Wow Anthony. You found a home here where you can be any one you can be. Mel,jen etc. Try being a Lisa next. I like Lisa. 7 years in the pokee is a long time. They call it a pokee for a reason tuff guy.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 6:08 pm
  • Am I the only one who can see that Melanin and Meldee are the same person and it is NOT Melissa!?!?
    Pay attention people ,why would anyone come out and say they like men to buy them stuff ?
    And if you didn’t notice Melanin says that she (Melanin)is too lazy to clean their own house ,In further up comments Tom refers to Meldee as Melissa the girlfriend.I know for a fact Melissa ,who has not been the girlfriend for some time ,wouldn’t waste her time commenting .So instead of bashing her whoever you are ,why not bash the one who deserves it the most !

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 5:59 pm
  • This Melissa sounds like a real winner, trying to cash in on others. Someone said about her ex , that is most likely why he left her he knew how big of a piece of work she must of been. The poor school system seeing her antics whoever wrote that. I am sure she doesn’t deserve to work at that type of job of whatever it is.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 5:53 pm
  • Sounds like this chick is just after some money to take care of her broke butt. She seems like a real piece of garbage . Maybe you should not have any more children and clean .

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 5:49 pm
  • Well this article started out about a pretend doctor and wanted criminal, now it’s about liking for men to buy you things Melanin, must be trying to drum up business, pretty sick, get a life and keep it to yourself.we don’t care and you should go away and get busy doin whatever it is you do. Stupid troll.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 5:16 pm
  • Why not just lock up this POS up for life putting him to work doing hard labor and if he will not work don;t feed him until he rots away then just through him in a land fill. Problem Solved.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 5:12 pm
  • He needs extreme mental help.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 4:59 pm
  • I just want it out sue, I’m sorry ! Let’s just stop cause I am hurt and it’s affecting me. Let’s just stop comments.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 4:41 pm
  • In this country there is free speech and I get that ,but what Melanin is doing is Slander!
    Do we even know who Melanin is? Let alone if Meldee is Melissa ?
    Melissa is a very private person and I could bet she would never comment about this publicly .So good try whoever you are !

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 2:42 pm
  • I feel bad cause her school is seeing all this , and how lazy and dirty she is . Maybe that’s why I am so friendly with her ex he said she was a lazy person and was terrible. I feel bad but her truth revealed she can’t take care of herself not children.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 12:18 pm
  • I think it’s easier for others to pay, and do it. I am busy. Too much to handle . I like to get men to buy me things

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 12:15 pm
  • Meldee…

Why don’t you clean you own house?
    instead of having someone else clean it and not get paid…

YOUR ONE LAZY B**** that’s for sure,

Come on Don, you got to leave this comment…because i’m right!

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 11:12 am
  • I am a friend of hers, and unfortunately she bad mouth her poor ex husband. She was cheating and then tried to make herself to look good. He is stable and happy without her since she is out of his life. Sorry just about facts and she is a friend but does things to benefit herself.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 11:04 am
  • So like Melissa is fraud . She robbed people for goods for herself to look like she had money.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 11:00 am
  • I have no idea who meldee is. But I know Melissa. She is no longer his girlfriend and hasn’t been for some time. Leave her out of this- she didn’t choose this .

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 10:22 am
  • Lools like Meldee is Anthony Davids next victim. How many other girlfriends has he victimized , used their own credit cards to buy their own engagement rings and they didnt even know it. Anthony is a career criminal , his parents are no different and have hid him out on occasion and help him elude Law enforcement. Smarten up Meldee or Melissa whatever your name is. Are you that nieve and ignorant to ignore his past, present and a good map for the future? He is a fraud in 100% of his life. You may wanna check your own credit report, he probably already got you!

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 8:53 am
  • This liar and another guy were transferred to the same prison I was already in. David and the other guy were always together David telling all kind of stories of course. We’ll his buddy told his girlfriend over the phone to look David up on the internet and let me tell you it was not a misunderstanding about his Grandma’s credit cards it was for the tgh stuff well his buddy told everyone and never went back around him. So then years later I see him and ask him is your name David or tony he says yes and I say hey how you doing I was in prison with you how you doing his reply was “I’ve never been in prison” I was confused cause I remembered his name from prison and then it clicked in my head this is that liar wannabe doctor.

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 5:51 am
  • Just curious as to what would make someone believe Meldee is his girlfried? Remember he is very good at what he does !

Thursday, 18 February 2016, 1:07 am
  • These charges are absolutely TRUE as I am the one who cleaned the house that he wrote the bad check for!!!! It was for the girlfriend in Trillium and her two daughters. Anthony lied to me all day long telling me stories of how he used to work as a PA for an Orthopaedic group in Tampa but now worked for Pzifer as a pharmaceutical rep and that he lived in Wesley Chapel… This guy is nuts and tells lies to everyone!! I have the proof still and he has multiple active warrants not only for failure to appear but for writing a check with intent to defraud. He is facing at least 7 YEARS in prison and his case is public knowledge of you look it up. He WILL be caught and I will be there when he is convicted. He has hurt so many people including his own neighbors!

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 11:23 pm
  • Meldee these charges are not hear say I know for a fact. This guy is dangerous and he believes that what he is doing is ok. He is a pathaogical liar, conartist. You need to do you research on him and then say what you want. Hopefuly they find him before someone that he screwed over does.

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 10:30 pm
  • Lmao, sorry bigbird,

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 8:03 pm
  • Bigbird, lmao get a hair cut tomorrow and dye your hair yellow maybe lol

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 7:24 pm
  • meldee-

ok dumbass, what part of this story is false?? a warrant for his arrest? the reasons behind the warrant? how about the 27 other charges in Hernando county. they must be false also. oh, i forgot about Pasco county charges and Hillsborough. sounds like he got you good. better look for your charge cards and check book. that last date you guys went on? i bet you paid and didnt even know it. lets here the truth from you since you feel it necessary to defend him. i cant wait to hear the truth.

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 7:23 pm
  • omg. cant they change his mugshot? he looks like me!

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 6:48 pm
  • These are false stories , they are not facts should not post untrue topics on individuals here say

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 6:15 pm
  • I’m confused. Is his real name “David James Anthony”? If so, why does this report refer to him as “David” as though that were his last name? Then, in another part of the article, it refers to the suspect as “Anthony James David”. So, which person should we be looking out for? All of them? Or a variation of them (like maybe “DJ Anthony”)

At any rate, this boy’s too pretty to survive long in the general population.

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 6:01 pm
  • This guy just keeps popping up, maybe we’ll get lucky and he will stay in new york!

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 4:58 pm
  • Sounds like the remake of “Catch me if you Can”

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 3:36 pm
  • This guy is a loser,he has a great line of crap. some medical knowledge he worked at oak hill hospital in the OR,cleaning and then went to scrub tech school.he is a burden on society and his family.lock his butt up and put him away for good before someone gets hurt.

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 3:10 pm
  • Here be another scum bag full time criminal. Take a good look at this idiot and help the cops out.

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 2:58 pm
  • If these losers were kept locked up for life we wouldn’t have to be looking for them , waste of air

Wednesday, 17 February 2016, 2:53 pm