The Old “Hide Your Pot in a Bagel with Cream Cheese” Doesn’t Fool Deputies

BROOKSVILLE – Around 10:00 p.m. last night, Deputies Vincent Mascitelli and Gregory Locke were investigating reports of a suspicious vehicle behind hhgregg on Coastal Way.

According to reports, Mascitelli made contact with the driver, later identified as 20-year-old John Michael Teague, where he noticed a strong odor of marijuana and a green leafy material on Teague’s Lap. On the center console Mascitelli observed a blue cigar pack so he asked Teague what it was. Realizing that he was busted, Teague handed Mascitelli a brown cigarette with a green leafy material hanging out. Teague admitted to deputies that he was trying to hide the marijuana in his Bagel with Cream Cheese.

Teague initially cooperated with deputies as he was being placed under arrest, but when deputies refused to let him call his mother before being taken to jail, he erupted violently and tried to flee.

During the struggle, Teague received a minor head injury and was transported locally for treatment before being booked into the jail.

Teague faces charges of Resisting Arrest with Violence, Battery on a Law Enforcement and Possession of Marijuana. Teague remains behind bars – held on an $11,000 bond.

Teague

Comments
  • No Boston boy we dont care internet gangster…

Wednesday, 2 September 2015, 1:51 pm
  • Jana Rae, glad I made your day.

Tuesday, 1 September 2015, 9:39 am
  • Man…..there’s some rocket science people here. …can’t you comprehend what I said?????..

Tuesday, 1 September 2015, 2:40 am
  • OMG to Monty baby I LOVE IT, THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE LEFT THAT BELIEVES IN THE NAPOLEON SYNDRONE U made my day lol. Thx

Monday, 31 August 2015, 7:44 pm
  • @Boachamp, wait it took two big deputies to take this guy down , only two and it took two deputies to take down a 62 year old man with a neurological disease who was trying to keep from falling and busting his head open. He was not resisting. Again, HCSO is inhabited by a bunch of a$$ hats who think, 1 They are God or 2. They have a Napolean complex. At any rate they are a disgrace to real LEO’S. THEY could learn from Grady Judd.

Monday, 31 August 2015, 6:38 pm
  • @danger Dave yup it is I have moved from just bagels to bagels with cream cheese and now I can’t stop eating big blocks of cream cheese and it cheeses up when I snort it..

Monday, 31 August 2015, 10:04 am
  • Ooooo boschamp I thought I seen you walking on water bahahahaha Yes they are for real….. There’s some bad punctuation for ya do what you do start cutting down, weed aint going nowhere whether legal or not FOR REAL ….. Free the ganja prisoners. Jah Rastafari seen

Monday, 31 August 2015, 9:58 am
  • Are you people for real????your comments are so outlandish it makes me laugh…thanks for the entertainment….that little charub’s halo got wrapped around his head…..the funny thing is it took two cops to bring this kid down…wait till his mother gets home from partying and realizes Jr.is in jail…

Monday, 31 August 2015, 6:56 am
  • WHOOPS meant driving and come up against a Drunk driver or weed smoker , don’t drink or smoke weed myself. Just making a point against drunk drivers,don’t care bout the weed, has some good health benefits,I hear. NOTHIN MORE IRRITATING THANK A DRUNK!

Sunday, 30 August 2015, 12:09 pm
  • Put me driving on the highway with a Drunk Driver or someone who had smoked weed, I will take the weed smoker any day. More people killed by drunks than weed smokers and that’s that. Now can I have a bagel and cream cheese with a side order of parsley please lmbo

Saturday, 29 August 2015, 10:15 pm
  • why aren’t they wearing body video cameras odds are the cops beat him senseless and I bet they falsify the arrest report were is the video ?

Saturday, 29 August 2015, 5:20 pm
  • arrested for smoking pot ? I hope he don’t make a deal and goes for a quick jury trial he will walk Free and right after if I was him I would sue each of the arresting deputies and the city for the TBI he apparently received. and I’m not interested in your high ideals and Nancy Regan say No Propaganda.

Saturday, 29 August 2015, 5:15 pm
  • Bagels are a gateway food.

Saturday, 29 August 2015, 10:27 am
  • One word for the perfect people, ALCOHOL

Saturday, 29 August 2015, 10:17 am
  • OK, As an ex-pot smoker, If you want to smoke it, MOVE to a state that it is legal in.. I work with the public, and yes there are some responsible ones out there, but the losers out weigh the rest… I see them of all walks of life… IT”S RIDICULOUS… Pot heads, meth heads, crack/cocaine it is truly sad… I think all the druggies need to put on an island and left to there own devices… GET A LIFE…

Saturday, 29 August 2015, 1:15 am
  • This light bulb isn’t to bright…under the bright lights in a parking lot…..then get an attitude when he can’t call mommy…he puts a new meaning to an everything bagel….lol…jerk..

Friday, 28 August 2015, 10:29 pm
  • Why is this even on here?… I like this page but a cannabis “bust” shouldn’t be on here. You should do a lot of people a huge favor and try to promote medical cannabis on here. A lot of people need it and a lot of people need to be educated on what it really does it to your body and how it helps chronic pain and the many other uses.

Friday, 28 August 2015, 9:41 pm
  • Im thinking there should be 2 counts of battery on 2 LEO’S. Again…..HCSO makes their own rules. If it were an upstanding citizen who was disabled and had a clean history, HCSO wo7ld make it 2 co7nts. Yuuup, HCSO, a bunch of a $$hats.

Friday, 28 August 2015, 8:01 pm
  • “Is they no limit to the stupidity of some people.” Hmmmm…. Nope. No limit.

Friday, 28 August 2015, 7:35 pm
  • Its also legal in other states and will be legal here eventually

Friday, 28 August 2015, 6:05 pm
  • Ain’t nothing wrong with smoking the herb as long as your priorities are first some people like it to relax or for appetites sicknesses ect.leave this stonah alone

Friday, 28 August 2015, 6:04 pm
  • Some people should not be allowed out of mommy’s basement

Friday, 28 August 2015, 4:42 pm
  • Is they no limit to the stupidity of some people.

Friday, 28 August 2015, 4:26 pm
  • Go Greg!

Friday, 28 August 2015, 2:18 pm
  • Hhhmm weed and a bagel and a butt kicking but the meth heads look fine lmao only crime I see is running if thats what took place. Don’t run stupid give up the weed and bagel and take your medicine. Everyone have a great weekend, Rastafari

Friday, 28 August 2015, 1:43 pm
  • This falls under “How NOT to Get Arrested 101.” I guess the ground came up and slapped him in the head! And the addled look on his face; PRICELESS!

Friday, 28 August 2015, 12:35 pm
  • This name is familiar. Has he been on RNRF before?

Friday, 28 August 2015, 12:25 pm
    • You are close, he went to HC Jail, July 26th, same charge, possession of MJ. Caught by his own On-Star in the vehicle…
      Seems this stuff has addled his brain, he keeps getting caught.

Friday, 28 August 2015, 5:14 pm