Thief Steals Cancer Patient’s Donation Bucket from Local Pub

HERNANDO – Patrons and staff at a local pub are angry and in disbelief, after a thief stole a donation bucket from the bar containing funds intended for a man who was recently diagnosed with brain cancer.

Long-time patron of Amnesia Pub, John “Mac” McCaffery was recently diagnosed with Glioblastoma Cancer and is undergoing treatment to slow the progression.

In the early morning hours of Wednesday, August 5th an unidentified man (pictured below) grabbed the donation bucket from the bar and fled through the front entrance.

Two other people were seen talking with the suspect and may have information regarding the theft (Also pictured below).

Amnesia Pub is located at 4245 Mariner Blvd in Spring Hill.

If you can positively identify the suspect pictured below, please contact the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office at 352-754-6830 or if you would like to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-866-990-8477

If you would like to help John “Mac” McCaffery, follow this link to make a donation:

Bucket 1 Bucket 2 Bucket 3 Bucket 4

Comments
  • Jen if you don’t want to be on here again, which you are, get the **** away from your abusive baby daddy. I have not one ounce of sympathy for you. Either your addicted to the drugs that Paul and his low life friends are, or you are blinded by his bull***t and can’t be that smart. YOU have put yourself into the situation of being associated with a bunch of useless, drug addicted, violent people, and prostitutes.

Monday, 14 September 2015, 4:59 pm
  • I could care less about you Tammy King… I won’t be saying anymore to you other than we do not run in the same circles or even close in age so I don’t know how you have even heard a word about me to be true or not..and to keep them locked up after reading thru this crap again you were the one to say the lies about not caring for my children .I’m a druggie needing a fix blah blah blah….I’m sure you have no idea of who I am or ever met me because if you did….well you would never had said those terrible statements. Like you stated you reports facts well this time you didn’t… You were way off…I am so embarrassed by this and to my family I’m sorry that these people thru me into this ……I hope I am never on here again

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 1:40 am
  • J H. This article has nothing to do with either of us. The person who stole the money is Paul Dimartino! He should be arrested and dealt with by the courts. That is not “bashing” that is fact. The video shows that. The things I stated about the person in this article is also fact. I was not “stalking” as you put it. The article appeared and I stated I knew who it was. Period. I’m sure we have both heard things about the other that is not true. I cannot apologize for the statements by other people, again you must look to them. It is true, I am also a moron for reasons I won’t discuss here for it is not the place. But I do know again for a fact, that Paul dimartino is a thief and a Meth user. For this I also have proof. What you choose to believe is on you. Good luck to you and yours. I’ve said my peace. I will not respond to you after this point. Again, this article is about 1 thing.. A thief stole money from a cancer patient.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 12:25 pm
  • Tammy king and keep them locked up you both came on here and called me a drug addict thief and a moron neither of you know me but yet bashed me and insulted me.tammy king I have heard plenty of nasty things about you but I’m not gonna be like you and put your dirty laundry out there but an apology would be nice for the trash you said.I could call you a moron for following a man after all this time,wanting to be with him then bashing him on public forum.I would appreciate if you stop talking trash and garbage about me or my family. I had to explain to my kid why some old lady is attacking me and saying I’m on a video because I don’t care about my children. Its a sad world were people are critized when they themselves have plenty of skeletons in their own closet.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 4:27 am
  • Jen. You are right. I am most assuredly “over it”. I am not how ever “ihatespringhill”, “sleeping pitbull”, or “keepthemlockedup”. For them you must look elsewhere. But they seem to know the person in question.

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 5:48 pm
  • @Jen I am not ” Tammy King ” I have my own connections to know what is and is not the truth , many resources . Maybe that person wasn’t you at the bar , but your other half was . I have my own Personal Informants, in regards to this ” group “, I shall not slander ones name without having a clue on what’s going on, they asked who they thought it might be , I expressed whom I thought it might be , I might be wrong about you , but I know a Dimartino when I see one .

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 3:08 pm
  • Linda! I don’t know your daughter, but I believe you on this one. I’d like to think a mother would recognize her own children even though the picture is distorted. People on this forum love to bash people they do not know, because they have nothing better to do in their pathetic lives then to criticize people they do not know.t

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 7:49 am
  • This is to “over it”and keep them locked up….aka Tammy king. I’m good friends with the owner of amnesia and no doubt that’s not me.I’m not a druggie or live in a a garage. Its funny to me how you got all this garbage to say when you never met me.Tammy king don’t you think you should move on from stalking your ex boyfriend from like 20 yrs ago???I didn’t even want to come on and give you the attention you so want to have.but what you are saying about me is lies and slander

Sunday, 16 August 2015, 1:55 am
  • It is sad, but for some reason our children don’t think we know what we’re talking about..what they don’t realize we’ve be there done that and the reason we’re still here and have kids is because we figured it out that a pile of crap is just crap no matter how much candy coated it is…i just ran crap from my home 10 mins ago, i feel bad about it but don’t know what to tell them…im done paying the pruce for fools myself

Friday, 14 August 2015, 3:14 pm
  • Keep making excuses for her Linda denial is hard to over come…if she is running around with her baby daddy then…we’ll you know how it goes…it’s a small town and unfortunately we have to play the hand that is dealt us and you and yours have a big problems….and we know whom it is…hope that this is her wake up call and cuts ties but I’am sure she won’t till she is in the Hospital with life threatening injuries….

Friday, 14 August 2015, 2:49 pm
  • That bar sucks…just like the IDIOT losers who hang there…BUNCH OF PANSIES CAN’T STOP A PILL HEAD JUNKIE FROM STEALING THIRTY FIVE CENTS….ok spring hill talkers….waiting for your replies….if you know what that is..lol..

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:51 pm
  • Srry Linda but sometimes that’s just the way we are, Sometimes we say hurtful things in an honest way and sometimes in spite…myself every day ask for forgiveness for my sins, thoughts and my actions and ask they good lord to forgive those who bring harm and shame to others…

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:45 pm
    • people can be so hurtful and if you knew my daughter you would know that what that person said is bull%$#@ she is a wonderful mother and lives an honest life,im tired of seeing my daughter dragged down when she has absolutley nothing to do with it,

Friday, 14 August 2015, 1:00 pm
  • Lots of great characters go there 😉

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 2:44 pm
  • Lol well i know its not my daughter…my baby girl has had a job before she even graduated high school and is doing awesome and now going to forensic profiling. Im a proud dad with no grandkids yet…thank the Lord, i’m not yet over from having kids for 21 years

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 2:12 pm
    • YEA i KNOW ITS NOT MY DAUGHTER EITHER.LIKE SOMEONE POSTED ON HERE THAT IT WAS HER.SHE WAS TAKING CARE OF HER CHILDREN AFTER WORKING ALL NIGHT. SO THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW HER SHOULDN’T BE SO QUICK ON TALKING TRASH ABOUT HER.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:11 pm
  • Which one of us lol

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 2:03 pm
  • Linda Hess. Your daughter is the moron who is constantly getting knocked up by a loser.. Who cheats on her.. Is a thief and a meth head! I guess he has to support your grand kids some how some stealing is ok.. It’s sad that he steals from a cancer patient, let’s his momma spend all her money bailing him out while his dad sits at home with Alzheimer’s..

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 2:01 pm
    • you have alot of animosity towards my daughter and im sure you dont even know her,shes a loving mother that works hard and lives an honest life.its very hurtful for us to read this filth you are saying about them.come out behind your screen name,im sure you have plenty of skeletons in your own closet.you have no idea how this makes my daughter feel to see these lies and hurtful words said about her,and then having to explain to her children why someone would say these things about her when they arent true,how do you sleep at night?

Friday, 14 August 2015, 12:56 pm
  • And Dimartino is on probation. Maybe if charged and convicted for this he’ll get revoked and locked back up. Or not if Obama has anything to say about it.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:03 am
  • How come we the people aren’t jumping on his friends comments and like maybe we could be more concerned on a arrest maybe like call the SO
    Hell
    Sometimes Newcomb has a point
    (not tryin to buddy up but u can call em sometimes)

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 9:03 am
  • Top new tonight we’re all worried about what Newcomb has to say more the the crime in the streets or more important things in life…further reports on this breaking new right after this Comericail break

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 12:46 am
  • Im not mr worried about what i have to say. Does it really matter unless ive hit a soft spot…really, but thank you anyway masked avenger

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 12:38 am
  • Its so funny when you see pixelized images and you think how the hell is anyone going to recognize them …… Then you know them and you think wow those pixelized pixels are recognizable. I knew who he was as soon as I saw the shorts. Chris hasn’t been out of prison for very long either.

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 11:22 pm
  • wow Newcomb, you seem thou you’ve taken advice from people, glad to see you’ve scalded back from your typical B.S. talk on every story, I’m impressed!, keep up the lesser you!

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 8:56 pm
  • He is a dirt bag I hope someone gets his bucket in jail

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 8:24 pm
  • wow !!! that’s chris clay paul dimartino an chris<s girlfriend.bunch of winners there. I know those two ******* they both belong in prison. that girl isn't jen hess .

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 8:09 pm
  • Did you turn him in

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 6:28 pm
  • Oh and the girl is his ( Paul’s) drug infested, baby’s mother Jennifer Hess, they just had a new baby in Feburary , I believe . These people will steal and think they are bullet proof . They don’t get punished, just put in jail and get bonded out , go to court and get charges dropped , it’s ridiculous . They live in the garage of his mom and dads house . All they need money for is their next fix , they obviously don’t care about their children .

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 5:44 pm
    • you are a complete moron.

Thursday, 13 August 2015, 1:13 pm
  • Disgusting! Can’t wait for this ones reason to this crime. Cut his hand off and let him remember don’t touch what’s not yours there is some justice for ya! ?

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 5:25 pm
  • Sending prayers!

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 5:02 pm
  • “Witnesses at the bar say they recognize the person responsible for stealing the donation bucket, but because the man has not been named as a suspect by officials, we are not releasing his identity.” —- wtf really? Come on people he is a thief and you know who he is!

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 4:18 pm
  • Paul Dimartino and His buddy Chris Hunt I believe is his name

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 4:16 pm
  • I know who this is!

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 3:52 pm
  • What a sleaze! Please find him and get that money back! That man would need a ladder to get out of the gutter !!

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 2:44 pm
  • Wow. That is disgusting. I can’t believe.

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 2:33 pm
  • Scumbags

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 2:23 pm
  • Are you kidding me “REALLY” guess he needed more then the patients. Stand there, take it and smile and say its ok you need help. “RIGHT “

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 2:22 pm
  • The lowest of the low right there.

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 1:56 pm
  • How do you say LOW RENT CHARACTER.

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 1:50 pm
  • Omg u pos waste of a life. May karma kick your ass.

Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 1:32 pm