Third Shooting This Month Injures Spring Hill Man, Suspect Still at Large

SPRING HILL – An early morning home invasion leaves one man shot and a suspect still at large.

According to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, Deputies responded to 4212 Jason Road (Jason Oaks Apartments) around 4:00 a.m. this morning, after reports of shots fired.

Officials say an unknown suspect broke into the apartment and shot 20-year-old Bre’on Wyatt. Wyatt says he doesn’t know the suspect or why he was shot.

A friend transported Wyatt to a local hospital, where he was later transported to a trauma center for treatment.

This marks the third shooting in Hernando County this month.

Comments
  • Well I hope there saying that there is no danger due to him being looked for… people tend to get into less trouble when there already in trouble sometimes

Monday, 29 January 2018, 2:26 pm
  • Really, no danger to the community…I can’t believe they would even say that…Never mind, yes I can.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 11:45 pm
  • All you have to do is map it. Jason Rd runs off Landover right behind The Explorer K-8 school and crosses over to Portillo. This address falls in the section between Landover and Portillo where the apt. buildings are.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 10:54 pm
  • How can they say there is no danger to the pubic, when there is a murderer out on the streets, ARMED. That surely paints a clear and present danger, from what I believe.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 6:38 pm
  • Well I have a 12 gauge auto shotgun loaded if someone breaks in my house just bring the body bags! They say the public is not in danger but yet it sounds like we have 2 gunman running lose in Spring Hill, one from this shooting and one from the shooting in Brooksville.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:46 pm
    • As if you were in anyone’s focus ………just shut up , nobody gives a about you……

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 10:44 pm
  • another dope deal gone bad.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 4:07 pm
  • where the hell are they coming from?….true…there’s always a shooting…..how did they get in our neighborhood?…what the hell is living in our neighborhoods…I bought a house…I won’t go..get the out.all of it..including illegals..

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 3:32 pm
    • its all the renters living in these crowded low income apartment complexes that flood spri g hill with drug addicts… thats really whats going on

Monday, 29 January 2018, 5:03 am
    • there is no danger to the community because these drug addicts need to get more guns and kill each other. drain the swamp!!!

Monday, 29 January 2018, 5:09 am
  • Let someone break into my house and try and shoot, they’ll be the one in the hospital from a gsw not me.. Hernando county is getting worse and worse by the day, bring back the old sheriff! Hernando was never perfect, no where is, but when he was here running things you didn’t have 3 shootings in a month!

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:51 pm
    • We need Grady Judd in the worst way.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 11:44 pm
      • Amen!!!

Monday, 29 January 2018, 4:29 pm
  • Where is jason oak apts

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:35 pm
  • Tom relays what the SO releases, ask your sheriff? why there is no danger to the community? I would guess that the victim does know the shooter and will take care of business when he gets out of the hospital

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:21 pm
  • I don’t believe Tom said there is no danger to the community. Must have come from the Sheriffs office spokesperson. What’s her name?

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:15 pm
    • Her name is Denise Maloney, and Tom didn’t ‘say’ it….he QUOTED it. Sheriff’s dept. said it.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 10:38 pm
  • No deputies arrive until after the victim was taken to the hospital by his friend. Sounds like someone had time to clean up the apartment. Drug have to be involved.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:14 pm
    • Let it be known they really don’t give a

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 11:52 pm
  • Way too many shootings in our Community lately. Am I to assume and Tom gets the information that he reports from the HCSO? If he does, I am sure he is not holding anything back as far as any further information about the shooting. How can the HCSO say that The victim does not know who shot him, doesn’t know why he shot him, so, with that being said, how can the report say that the Community is not in danger. I don’t know how statements like “the Community is in no danger”, can be made with so little information. I don’t know where the Jason Oaks Apartments are located but I do know one thing, if it were near where I lived, I would feel that I was in danger….and as a matter of fact, even if I knew where the Jason Oaks Apartments are, saying that they are in Spring Hill, still makes me feel that I could be in danger especially if it was a home invasion. I know that the HCSO holds back on information so that the case can be prosecuted to their best of their ability, but I would like to know just a little bit more information. For the victim to be treated at the Trauma Hospital as opposed to one of our local Hospitals, is the victim in such bad shape that he needed a Trauma Hospital?

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:12 pm
    • I doubt oak hill hospital can handle any kind of gunshot wound, especially when you go in for broken fingers and end up with a crippled hand. Trauma centers usually handle gun shot wounds, I know worked one for many years, it wasn’t pretty.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 3:06 pm
  • This place is become such a sh$$ hole Thanks to all the scum that has migrated here to this area and I’m sure it was drug-related

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:05 pm
  • This place is becoming the wild wild west

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:04 pm
  • Agree with all comments, keep runnin your stupid mouths OFFICIALS, you’re just appearing more ignorant every day. You must think the citizens are stupid. Yeah u can find out who I am, I suppose, you can harass or even kill me, but idk. Right is right, wrong is wrong Do your job right or get the hell out!!

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:45 pm
  • How can you say there’s no danger to the community when he still at large?

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:17 pm
    • Bunch of thugs in that apartment he knows who shot him.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:09 pm
    • Officials were unable to locate the suspect but they say there is no danger to the community.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 6:02 pm
  • Officials say there is no danger to the community= so they caught the susoect? No, Person shot says he doesn’t know who shot him or why? Unless they know who did it and why, doesn’t make me feel any safe,they are creating a false sense of security to the community Figures.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:17 pm
  • The man shot does not know who the shooter was or why he was shot, BUT there’s no danger to the community. REALLY???????????????? So he randomly broke into a strangers home, suspect is still at large, and you have the nerve to make a stupid statement saying the community is not in danger. To might want to re-think that assessment.

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 1:16 pm
    • Possibly he’s lying because the shooting is drug or gang related, and the LEO’s know it?

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:11 pm
      • That’s what I was thinkin Rick. It’s quite possible they have already had dealings with this guy at this apt. and others living there as well. And if so, they may already know who his ‘crowd’ is. They may already know themselves…

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 10:44 pm
    • I think polecat sumed that up…

Sunday, 28 January 2018, 2:55 pm