Three Injured in Rollover Crash Involving Two Vehicles

BROOKSVILLE – At least three people were injured in two vehicle crash at the intersection of Cortez Blvd and Emerson Road.

The impact caused one of the vehicles to overturn and temporarily entrap two occupants. Sources say witnesses smashed the windows out of the overturned vehicle to help free the occupants.

There are unconfirmed reports that at least three patients were transported to local hospitals for treatment.

There is some road blockage at this time but traffic is moving smoothing in all directions.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on scene investigating the cause of the crash.

pt 1 pt 2 pt 3 pt 4

Comments
  • Kim you pulled out in front of vehicles already half way through the intersection. Green light or not, it’s common sense. Don’t go if cars are coming. I said it looked as if you were on something considering when I was evaluating you your pupils were the size of a pin hole. It could have been from a concussion. But in this town I don’t put anything past anyone. Regardless I am glad you both are alright.

Saturday, 16 July 2016, 7:43 pm
  • This has turned out to be a very scary place to live with all the with all the daily auto crashes and rollovers, It’s like, What the hell is going on here, It’s like this placed is cursed.

Saturday, 16 July 2016, 2:49 pm
  • I was in the car and Christina I have a toxicology report that says otherwise you should not say shit that you do not know. And we had a green light that is why I proceeded to go.

Saturday, 16 July 2016, 2:27 pm
  • This happened right in front of me at the light. The people in the Dodge ran the light when we had a green light. I and 4 other men kicked and cut away at the windshield. The lady driving the Dodge looked to be on something as well smh. And as for bald tires…it had nothing to do with tires. The Dodge litterally ran the light at easily 40 miles an hour and the people in the other vehicle had no time to react

Friday, 15 July 2016, 2:39 pm
  • Slow down people. I drive the speed limit everywhere I go and I get passed like I’m chained to a tree. The whipping from lane to lane hauling *** will get you or someone else you love killed. You all pass me and I catch you at the next light. Seems logical to me. Same drivers every day.

Friday, 15 July 2016, 2:13 pm
  • Can anyone tell what exactly happened? My family was in the car that rolled over.

Friday, 15 July 2016, 12:12 pm
  • I was right behind this crash yesterday and my husband was one to help..it was very hard to watch this happen in front of our faces and we are still both shaken up. We pray everyone is okay.

Friday, 15 July 2016, 11:29 am
  • A good set of tires can cost between $600 to $800 dollars. Life is worth far more than that. Just saying!

Friday, 15 July 2016, 11:04 am
  • Look likes some mighty bald tires on that HHR! Might have been avoidable!

Friday, 15 July 2016, 11:02 am
  • My husband helped break out the window he was on the way to bible study we pray everyone is ok

Friday, 15 July 2016, 10:05 am
  • Slow down and put the phones down hernando county drivers !

Thursday, 14 July 2016, 10:12 pm
  • Seem wr need wheels on sides and roofs of cars bere.

Thursday, 14 July 2016, 9:14 pm
  • Another roll over? Hope everyone is ok!

Thursday, 14 July 2016, 7:41 pm