Toddler Airlifted to Trauma Center After Drowning at Spring Hill Home

UPDATE: 8:04 P.M. – Alex Lopez, a spokesperson for Hernando County Fire Rescue says the female victim drowned in a tub and was flown to St. Joseph’s Hospital for treatment. She is currently in stable but guarded condition, says Lopez.

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue responded to a residence at the 3200 Block of Southwest Blvd this evening, after reports that a 1-year-old child had possibly drowned.

By the time Fire Rescue arrived on scene the child was conscious and breathing, according to sources.

Bayflite airlifted the child to a trauma center for treatment.

It is unknown if the child drowned in a pool or other body of water.

The Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident.

Comments
  • Wow, i dont even know where to start. I use to live next to this lady and my sistwr niw lives in my old house a couple houses down. This lady is beyond a horrible example of a mother. She is a drug addict and let me just say she was in a tub and she’s not even 7 months old. Tub filled almost ALL the way to the top! She was so high and strung out on drugs and her stoey has changed multiple times as far as why she walked away from her daughter in the tub with nothing but a ball! She wasnt arrested and yes they had to revive her thank god she came back to. And as far as i know DCF is not involved yet because she is being released today to the mother! Absolutely sickening! Oh and the whole time she was pregnant she still used drugs and baby was born addicted and had to stay in hospital for a month because of withdrawals! I cant even believe how much this poor little girl has been through and i pray she continues to have amazing angels on her shoulders because she definitely needs it! I myself have called DCF and expressed my concerns. I never have seen her sober! I hope she gets help and i hope this was a wake up call and she learns before this little girl isnt so lucky next time.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 8:22 pm
  • OMG, some of you people give me a headache, let us just pray for this child. That is all that matters.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 8:49 pm
  • By the way as for everyone who wants to see the parents punished or believe there’s a lack of parents have been getting punished for years already on situations like this including long prison sentences some of which are very warranted however I being a parent who raised two boys can tell you I’ve had many a scary moment where my heart went up through my throat and a panic attack on many occasions when they’re that certain age you turn your head for a split second and phone they’re gone it happens to any parent not to mention any parent that this happens to has the rest of their life to live in anguish already about the loss of their child let alone Be bashed and sent to prison for what is common human mistake once again many of these is warranted to charge the parents many is not that poor mom in that picture is already suffering severe pain let us pray for her and the child, my youngest of two sons by the way is 15 and I still don’t like leaving him out of my sight, I guess they’re as they say they’re always our babies

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 11:42 am
  • By the way Amy remember this day remember I said this on this day there’s a day coming soon where you will surely know who God is I suggest you call out to him and find out now before it’s too late because believe me you will know who he is and the way the Earth is a rocking and rolling shaken and a quaking the volcanoes hundreds of thousands of earthquakes the Middle East getting ready to go up and smoke it’s all written in the book babe have a look time is near peace!!!!

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 11:39 am
  • IAMME, also if I’m not mistaken on several instances in the past I believe I complimented you on your comment but whether I disagree with your comments or not I don’t call you an effing idiot LOL I’m simply doing what everyone hears doing stating their opinions you know those things everybody has one peace to you mister me I hope you have a wonderful Saturday

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 11:37 am
    • Surfadude

Hang up the Keyboard.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 3:43 pm
  • Johnny Eldorado spot on brother very well said good point one I had not thought of before but I don’t even need that point to believe that all makes too much sense to me brother he is real he is risen he is coming for the time is near folks we are closed Jesus said it I believe it that settles it within my heart that’s just speaking for me lots of others spot on on your comments here Amy we will pray for you just as someone come in and above your heart is stirred even if you’re irritated it’s still being stirred try listening you might be surprised, oh and also IAMME, you seem like you’re more irritated with the fact I don’t use commas and periods and you are focused on the story the tragic story that were reading about why don’t you not focus on the story and quit worrying about how I word my comments by the way you sound like you might be a little self-centered your handle name basically says I am all about me is that correct me me me are you a me me me person it’s all about you all about you and your perfect grammar???????????????????????

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 11:35 am
  • Praying this little one will be OK.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 11:17 am
  • First and foremost my sympathy and prayers go out to this family. I can’t imagine the pain and anguish they are suffering.

I moved here from St. Augustine, St. John’s County, Fl , in November. I lived there for 25 years with a population now at approximately 235,087. There are far more pools in that county than here. Additionally they have 40 miles of accessible beaches. I have never heard of so many drownings in an area. There must be something in the water here besides bodies.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 10:15 am
  • Thank You Fire Rescue for all you do every day. You cover our ass when we ALL do stupid things or treat ourselves w disrespect.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 8:43 am
  • Start holding the parent responsible and these so called accidents will become a rare occurrence. The parents do not deserve to keep this child. If you are not going to supervise your children please don’t have them.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 3:42 am
  • In thinking our Lord might not have answered a prayer in the timely manner in which you had hoped at some point. The creator or big bang or God..whatever name you choose…exists!!period!! We are here aren’t we? Maybe you are angry for a bad part of your life that you felt God should’ve interfered in..idk..the laws of the universe keep everything in balance..we never know why when or how. If we did this world would be over before it began.no reason for spiteful remarks or personal attacks…

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 2:21 am
  • every other day now children are drowning! prayers for this small tender child to heal 100% ….is it that we are over populated? 1 is very young . you cant ever know what and where they may wander. …. there may have been water left in a tub and baby climbed in . we dont know so . dont judge this sad woman. lets just pray that baby is alright… GOD IS GREAT. non believers – HOWS THAT WORKING OUT FOR YOU SO FAR? lol ..

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 1:23 am
  • Prayers for this child smh. It doesn’t take much water for a little one. Stepping out to get that towel etc is one second to long. Not saying that’s what happened. Just guessing since it happened in a tub.
    (Drowning with non fatal submersion)
    Hey Amy, God is good God is great you better get with it b4 it’s too late.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 12:53 am
  • You aren’t going to change the Tom.

They aren’t educated enough to see another point of view.

You need to write to your audience or you’ll lose them.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 12:28 am
  • Prayers to this child however, where was the mother when this child was drowning? Parents, please keep a closer eye on your small ones.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 12:07 am
  • Just a bit of information…..it’s actually called and referred to as a ” near drowning” when the patient survives. For a person to drown means they didn’t survive.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 12:06 am
      • Tom, thumbs up on the prompt and concise reply… There is no stopping time and we can all learn something. You gave a polite, sincere accurate response and your not being sarcastic or angry goes a long way toward showing your intelligence. Have a great rest of the day….we are reading & listening

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 10:18 am
    • Thanks for the clarification. I have said this on several posts regarding ” drowning vs near drowning.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 12:24 am
  • Surfadude, FOR GODS SAKES PLEASE USE COMMAS AND PERIODS! Did you not learn this in school. Also, please make some sense when you write, you sound like an uneducated idiot. Before you put other people down learn how to speak and write correctly.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 12:02 am
    • Before you jump someone’s ass about being uneducated and having poor sentence structure you, yourself should know you don’t put a period at the end of a sentence that is in the form of a question.

“Did you not learn this in school.”

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 7:24 am
    • he writes as if he’s tweaking

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 11:17 am
    • What does it matter about commas and periods. It’s a post to a sad story. We don’t care right now about grammar. School days are over for most of us. Are you some kind of English professor?

Sunday, 10 June 2018, 4:29 pm
  • Hey just for the record and I am speaking as a retired Tampa Bay area firefighter….a drowning means that the individual died. A near drowning is what happened in this case.
    Either way it is horrible but thank God the baby is still alive.
    Just thought I would clear that up because had the baby actually drowned, it would be so much more horrible.
    On another note…instead of using this thread to ridicule someone for their belief in God, why not just wish the baby well and send your heartfelt thoughts out to the family? Notice I didn’t say prayers. I wouldn’t want to offend anyone for Goodnes sake.

Friday, 8 June 2018, 11:40 pm
      • I guess there some individuals who just can’t grasp your point Tom, I know you have reiterated this statement on other reports concerning drownings. Bless you and your patience my friend. You are doing a great job. This incident happened right down the street from my house and I was on the way home when I saw the emergency vehicles. Before I arrived home and got inside to check the status you had already posted the information.
        Ty

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 2:56 am
    • I agree….TY

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 2:04 am
    • I am with you but I will say I am sending prayers to God to be watching over the little one . He has stated let the little children come to me .

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 6:54 am
  • Prayers for the family and even more for the baby child..

Friday, 8 June 2018, 11:23 pm
  • Clyde, I have been trying to reach others with the same response for so long. You are RIGHT in every aspect of your comment. Thank you.
    Amy you are the epitome of ignorance. The comments made in behlf of our Lord Jesus Christ stirs up something in your heart for you to even make such a comment. This proves that God’s power is greater than your ignorance.
    Amen

Friday, 8 June 2018, 11:22 pm
  • All i am going to say to you that think there is no God consider this. How in the world is there 6 Billion people on the planet and no two have the same fingerprints or identical dna. How does this happen? Not by chance. NO WAY. Cant explain it any other way.

Friday, 8 June 2018, 10:26 pm
  • Praying this little one pulls through 🙏

Friday, 8 June 2018, 9:13 pm
  • Amy are you actually Amy hey Amy Amy hello are you actually negatively actually sarcastically being a smart-ass in a situation like this to the posters on this site because you don’t believe in our amazing God I feel sorry for you I hope someday you change your mind actually I don’t hope I know there will be a day real soon mark my words and remember this moment remember this day and remember what I say there will be a moment in your life where you will be begging God Mark that down like soldiers especially from passwords used to say there are no atheist in a foxhole you’re an idiot for being sarcastic against folks on here they want to pray for a young child who survived a near-drowning and who is now hopefully recovering you are the biggest form of a****** on our planet write that down 2, I will pray for you by the way that you’ll wake up and you’ll grow a brain more importantly a heart

Friday, 8 June 2018, 9:09 pm
    • Don’t feel sorry for me… Pictures speak a 1000 words. The mother was hanging on to that cell phone. So pray to this so called God all you want…Give to to the religión of your choice. I will stick to doing the right thing by design.

Sunday, 10 June 2018, 7:56 am
  • When are the so called ‘adults’ going to learn!!!!? young children must be watched EVERY minute when around water??? Such a tragic accident can be avoided by simply safeguarding the child. Pray the little one recovers fully with not side effects.

Friday, 8 June 2018, 8:54 pm
  • Sending prayers to all involved xxoo

Friday, 8 June 2018, 8:20 pm
  • Thank God for good news. Glad to here the precious angel is in stable condition.

Friday, 8 June 2018, 8:15 pm
  • The anguish on that womans face really gets to me. Praying the child recovers.

Friday, 8 June 2018, 8:14 pm
  • Prayers for this precious child and its family! .

Friday, 8 June 2018, 8:03 pm
    • So how are those prayers working out…Did you get a text or voicemail from that amazing God?

Friday, 8 June 2018, 8:16 pm
      • Keep your horrible attitude to yourself and have alittle respect Amy! Tell me, do you sleep well at night?

Friday, 8 June 2018, 9:11 pm
      • Your response to Marty tells me U R a very sick, unhinged individual.
        U need a lot of help.

Friday, 8 June 2018, 9:13 pm
      • arsewipe..better to believe than be wrong than not believe and be wrong…

Friday, 8 June 2018, 9:32 pm
      • Wow, seriously just wow!

Friday, 8 June 2018, 10:04 pm
      • Amy prayers do work out. Prayers have saved many lives in my family. Even miracles that doctors can’t explain.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 5:03 am
      • Dear Amy..I wish I could meet you and spend time with you. My God has been so present in my life that those who know me well soon see how He does answer my prayers. Little prayers, big prayers, even prayers that people cautioned I was foolish to pray for. It is okay for you to have doubts regarding my God. It is okay for you to not believe in Him or what He can do. It is not okay for you to criticize other people who are only trying to be kind in the way they know how to be kind. You may not agree with someone who prays to a God that you don’t believe in. You won’t be the first or the last person in history to not share this belief. But don’t be a bully because you believe something different. Being a bully speaks more about your lack of self esteem than anything else. On a side note..my God doesn’t need a cell phone to answer me. That’s very short sighted.

Saturday, 9 June 2018, 8:41 am